- 383

- United States
@KevinK2 @dathyr
This is only a 20 minute mess around using the original fast lane, but it gets the handful of fast road cars I tried around the first chicane without being ridiculously slow on the opening lap.
[HINT_0]
START=0
END=0.02
VALUE=0.5
[HINT_1]
START=0.95
END=1
VALUE=0.3
It's still not great as it has the AI tapping the brakes at points on the main straight (now confirming my suspicions that there's a black hole around the SF line where the AI don't function as normal) but it does sort of work. Generally in my experience you should steer clear of the maxspeed hint unless you're trying to stop cars from getting air or just want them to lift at certain points of the track. It doesn't cause the AI to brake to the maxspeed setting but rather lift off until they hit the speed limit, this is probably why dathyr's hints worked with formula cars as they have huge aerodynamic drag so lifting slows them much quicker, it's also likely the reason why they are so slow at the start as they won't accelerate past the limit.
Thanks @GIBBONS for your information. I just started playing around with MAXSPEED after Gilles I was helping do AI on some tracks for used it in certain locations and I then played around with the numbers to see what it actually did. Most the time I just use HINTS and works quite well. Not sure if MAXSPEED reacts any faster or not, but I saw what it was doing on another track and seemed faster.
I am not sure what BRAKE_HiNTS or DANGER does either - never used them. Not much info on them other than - yes they exist. I think Gilles used DANGER hint on a track, but dont remember which one. Learn as I go.
take care.


