Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,990 comments
Quick question with hopefully a simple answer: I'm changing PCs at the moment. How do I salvage my Content Manager 'premium' code? Thanks.

Edit: also, is there a good guide for transferring mods, settings, RHM etc? Thanks again.
I think it's in Authentication.data in Users\<Your user>\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager
For safety, backup this whole folder.

Hey everyone... this might sound stupid but...

I sent a Gmail to contact Ilja about 10 days ago to ask questions about buying the full version of Content Manager but he didn't answer. Looks like either that Gmail address isn't active anymore or he thinks I want to scam him.
Those who have a ShareMods account surely know that by uploading you can earn some money with your account, with an account you can send money to PayPal e-mails. That's what I wrote to Ilja, but like I said he didn't reply.

Can anyone help me out? I'm not sure if it's allowed to ask such thing on this site but I would really appreciate if someone would PM me, I would send the money to your PayPal e-mail and you would buy me a key.

Gee, I know it sounds weird, but I cannot contact Ilja anywhere to ask him if I can send the money to his PayPal e-mail. :guilty:

Quick question with hopefully a simple answer: I'm changing PCs at the moment. How do I salvage my Content Manager 'premium' code? Thanks.

Edit: also, is there a good guide for transferring mods, settings, RHM etc? Thanks again.

you can just apply for another one via itch.io on the Patreon page, My membership tab.

When i changed PC recently I saved my Content, System, MODS, cfg and Extension folders and just copied them back over a new install. I also saved the CM data as well. If you do that you won't need a new key.

EDIT: In fact I think I copied the whole Assetto Corsa folder over.

I also found I can have an install anywhere, which i just point CM to. I have one on a superfast SSD. It avoids the dreaded Steam interfering with the AC install. If there are changes that I want to keep (e.g. the 488 evo) I just transfer those from the Steam install.

Last edited:

In fact I strongly advise getting an SSD for the new machine. I have this one:
addlink S70 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 Solid State Drive on which I have Assetto Corsa GTLegends and GPL. If I get a new machine I just put the tiny little drive into it and Bob's your uncle.

i was waiting for this rip for a long time. Collection of favourite 959s will soon be finished with 961 LM .
ib08NnEqY4A.jpg

If you got it by donating to Ilya, you should’ve gotten an email from him/her with the code.

Have you still got your email from Ilja from when you bought your full version?

Edit: just checked and the key looks like it is in Values.data in the folder that @unpierrot mentioned

Question for those who use GIMP to create their skin, do you know how to edit image alpha? or how not to make him keep things erased in the main layer? thanks

I always keep the AppData content manager folder, the assetto corsa folder in my documents and the assetto corsa install in the steam folder backed up
in fact, I have a separate steam library with assetto and its mods only and they run off an external SSD, that way I could take my entire mod db with me to friends places and run it directly off their sim.

AppData CM folder contains all the CM settings
assetto corsa folder contains your replays, records

I'm on a (Mine's) roll today - here's the Mine's CP9A LANCER EVOLUTION V RS :

mhzxml7.png

Couldn't find the proper rims in ma collection so this lot will do (for now).

https://we.tl/t-jwWPFbhcJv

The model looks better than the original mod, however, the car slides very much and is hard as a brick, the engine has low maximum rpm, the gears are very short, the shaders in the interior are poor, the sound is poor. If you let me try to improve something and make it here again.

I'm on a (Mine's) roll today - here's the Mine's CP9A LANCER EVOLUTION V RS :

mhzxml7.png

Couldn't find the proper rims in ma collection so this lot will do (for now).

https://we.tl/t-jwWPFbhcJv

Hmm. Your cars looks nice, but this Evo5 is crashed back to CM while loading. (If I Activate CSP it crashed too, and say Unexpected Error)

The Nissan is start, but all of the model (except the wheels) are under the road a half meter.

Is somebody else tried these cars? Is it work for them?

Question for those who use GIMP to create their skin, do you know how to edit image alpha? or how not to make him keep things erased in the main layer? thanks
I've never figured that out. I use DXTBmp to edit the alpha channel. It's an ancient piece of software from the Flightsim world, but works a treat. So unless somebody else offers a better solution...

https://www.mwgfx.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.htm

Hmm. Your cars looks nice, but this Evo5 is crashed back to CM while loading. (If I Activate CSP it crashed too, and say Unexpected Error)

The Nissan is start, but all of the model (except the wheels) are under the road a half meter.

I tried lancer and I have the same thing, I'm waiting for permission and I'll fix it .So it doesn't cause an error you must remove the blurred_objects file from the data folder.

Hello guys a stupid question, was ever made the porsche 956 long tails for ac?
Thank you for your kind answers and I take this opportunity to wish you a happy August 15[/Q

Yes, its available for the game officially from kunos in the Porsche Pack 2 DLC.

Meanwhile a car for Hockenheim 2001.

-base Codemasters
-converted by Assetto corsa modded
-updated by Velos Workshop

Now i put my hands on:
-visually/phyiscs updated
-added tobacco skins
-added driver helmets

Feel free to do:
-correct suspension animations
-correct physics

CSP recommend

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9obhw7211j523pl/file

.View attachment 949095

All skins have the same number on it (5) and have Prost as the driver´s name. Dare to fix this? Better to have a quality control sometimes.

Yeah forgot to remove the blurred_object for both cars. And they're not mine ahah. Haven't fiddled with the physics of both cars (I'm ***** at that) so if anythings wrong feel free to correct it mate - just cobbled those together and shared it here so they'll get a new lease of life.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back