Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,074 comments
Started playing around with mods for the first time and it makes AC just so much better and more fun. Using Content Manager makes installing so much easier too. Only just started scratching the surface having gone for a spin at Tsukuba, Suzuka and my home circuit at Knockhill.

Can't wait to delve further.

what is the difference between the 919 hybrid in AC and this one, the one in AC is a LOT slower? Is this variant if it is a variant available anywhere?

Wow that is one crazy fast lap on the Nords. You better know the track pretty well or you will be off into the cornfields. Very impressive lap time
by that driver.

The entire GTA III exterior map ported to AC. Well optimized & nostalgic. DL link in the description

i tried that Liberty track mod just once. You need allot of work(smoothing) done to that track for me to enjoy that mod. Too many staircase bumps on that track going up and down and around the streets. You didnt even show the worse parts of the City.

The Bulidings and layout of the City look very nice so far.

Last edited:
Started playing around with mods for the first time and it makes AC just so much better and more fun. Using Content Manager makes installing so much easier too. Only just started scratching the surface having gone for a spin at Tsukuba, Suzuka and my home circuit at Knockhill.

Can't wait to delve further.
Saw your post in the Photo thread. Welcome to AC! :cheers: Now that you’ve dipped your toes into mods, you can consider your next 6 months sorted. Lots to download and try out!

How do you get rid of this weather tape? The modder of this viper is the one who did this, not me.
View attachment 949382
It's 3D - you can delete it if you want. It's used to show (high res) sponsors in that specific area... That's how the Forza model is layed out. The 3D is meant to use alpha channel to control the transparency - what's visible (the sponsor) and what's not visible (the surroundings around the sponsor)
Like I said, you can delete the polys/faces... Or you can find the texture file that controls it and see how the alpha channel looks.

Mind sharing that file? I know its OT, but just stumbled into this post. (edit: Nevermind, found it, still rubbish. Was hoping it was going to bring AMS2 style FFB to PC2.. )

I've tried everything and concluded that there is simply no way to make PC2 feel right. It's a shame, because they have a couple of exclusive tracks that I'd like to be able to drive, but life's too short to keep on fiddling with something that just ain't ever going to be good.

I've tried everything and concluded that there is simply no way to make PC2 feel right. It's a shame, because they have a couple of exclusive tracks that I'd like to be able to drive, but life's too short to keep on fiddling with something that just ain't ever going to be good.
Feels great to me. I think it depends on what wheel you use too. The biggest problem with PC2 are the "black hole" curbs that pull you into oblivion. Thought they were supposed to help push you away, not drag you in. Using a self modified Christiaan's Custom FFB file for direct drive.

Feels great to me. I think it depends on what wheel you use too. The biggest problem with PC2 are the "black hole" curbs that pull you into oblivion. Thought they were supposed to help push you away, not drag you in. Using a self modified Christiaan's Custom FFB file for direct drive.

I've tried a range of custom FFB files with three different wheelbases, including my current Fanatec Podium DD1... and I still have issues with the way PC2 feels. But as we all know, it's a matter of personal taste and I'm perfectly happy for anyone else to enjoy it.

To be honest, PCARS/PC2 became an ongoing frustration for me. I bought into the 'crowd funding' thing with both the original and PC2, spent a lot of time on the forum discussing things during development, and tried to love the result, but AC* pushes my buttons in a much stronger way. So now I just spend my days and nights with this 'mistress' while PCARS deflates in the corner. :eek:

(* To be fair, I should really say it's AC with CSP/SOL/Crew Chief/and mutiple other add-ons that pushes my buttons. And I should probably also add that I have no interest in 'game' elements, like flashy UI's with whizzy noises and animated prizes, or 'challenges' and the like. I just want to drive what I want, where I want... and for it to feel as close to authentic as I can get it to.)

Last edited:
Aaaaw. I would have liked to at least have a look at it before deciding. Any chance of a re-up?

@Lernatix I sent you a PM conversation with the download link a week ago and just sent a reply asking if you got it. Did you download the Dragon track yet. Link will be removed in a couple days and not posted again. Reason for my original post was just to see if anyone that knew how to or might be able to smooth out this track just a little better to drive on. I dont have the talents to do that.

Last edited:
I've tried a range of custom FFB files with three different wheelbases, including my current Fanatec Podium DD1... and I still have issues with the way PC2 feels. But as we all know, it's a matter of personal taste and I'm perfectly happy for anyone else to enjoy it.

To be honest, PCARS/PC2 became an ongoing frustration for me. I bought into the 'crowd funding' thing with both the original and PC2, spent a lot of time on the forum discussing things during development, and tried to love the result, but AC* pushes my buttons in a much stronger way. So now I just spend my days and nights with this 'mistress' while PCARS deflates in the corner. :eek:

(* To be fair, I should really say it's AC with CSP/SOL/Crew Chief/and mutiple other add-ons that pushes my buttons. And I should probably also add that I have no interest in 'game' elements, like flashy UI's with whizzy noises and animated prizes, or 'challenges' and the like. I just want to drive what I want, where I want... and for it to feel as close to authentic as I can get it to.)
Certain cars and certain things in PC2 are a no go for me too. I like the rally cross. Don't have any other rally games so I use it for that. Certain combos work in PC2 though. I can enjoy some of the material. AC's plethora of mods to infinity and beyond are obviously wonderful. Simply nothing beats that. :)

The 919 Evolution is in another league compared to both the 2015 and 2016-spec 919 Hybrids;Element1999 has converted the 919 Hybrid Evo from Real Racing 3 to Assetto Corsa, and can be downloaded from Assettoland.
Many thanks, its much closer, after a dozen laps or so I am posting up 5.29, I think i need to tinker with the gearing to get to the kind of time he was doing.

Wow that is one crazy fast lap on the Nords. You better know the track pretty well or you will be off into the cornfields. Very impressive lap time
by that driver.
follow the post thread upwards, the 2018 919 will make that time I am sure (with a better driver than me) , but, yes, i blew the motor twice and totalled the car more than a few times trying to get in a groove with it... its a great mod car and perfect for that track.

Last edited:
Hey guys, @MrB00 lovingly recreated one of my online racing liveries from GT Sport in Assetto Corsa, so if you want it, come and get it. You probably won't be as excited as I was, but if you're into the Super GT, this one might still be a good pickup.

https://www.racedepartment.com/down...acing-99-lamborghini-huracan-gt3-gt300.35342/

RLhD41J.png

viwK5di.png

This is 100% true. Here's a prime example of the mish mashed textures that the GT games use this is SPORT but still the same.
I will add that besides the fact that few know how to do this, it is also very tedious to do. This is painstaking work that requires a lot of patience and a lot of time.

Hi where can i find the 'christiaan's ffb' file? Is that the one closed up behind the PCars forum login?

IMO PCars 1 is far better than PCars 2, put loads of hours into that and spent many hours fiddling with all those parameters for FFB etc.
Really loved the rawness and the gritty UK club race feel of the track selection.
PCars 2 was a subtle move towards PCars 3 and it's 'jazz hands'....

attached. I know i also hate having to sign up to spam, fwiw it didnt make pcar2 feel any better, still lousy compared to rf2/ams2/acc etc (i already had the jack spade version, so no huge impact in my case)

Yeah cool, worth a shot.
I even once (because i play Wreckfest with one) thought of just using a controller for PCars 2 so I could at least get something out of it...but its poop on controller too.

The reason i never signed up to PCars forums is i remember from PCars 1 they are, in a sim world of toxic, the most toxic...

You only need now see the mental gymnastics of the PCars fanboys now saying that watered down 3 lap races with "yo! dude! you won a new car! Gnarly" and "whoooa, sic drift 2000 points dude!" is actually the best ever and just what sim racers have always wanted after all....

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back