Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,766 comments
I was in a rush posting yesterday and it occurred to me that there maybe issues just dumping a KN5 into another car folder, such as animations. Here's the full car folder as that maybe easier and cause less errors. Although obviously up to you if you'd rather not use it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3f9ska16lu4lotv/aston_vantage77.rar/file

EDIT
@ukzz4iroc - see above, sorry for confusion

Hi @GIBBONS - I tried this as a fresh install and get the same effect as I did when I copied your kn5 over the 'original'. Dashboard is borked and the rims have strange effects going on. It's not right. Thanks for trying.

No no I mean, start the race without rain but with the possibility of activating it any time for screenshots etc and to enjoy the asphalt wet without rain if you want.
I think the only way is what you say if you are not going to use the rain.

yeap in the wether debug menu in game. Its all laid out in ilja's patreon, earlier posts.

That´s annoying me since the rain previews came. Seems no one is interested in to fix that issue.
its never been broken you just need to enable/disable whatever features you do or do not want in game. untick debug rain, and presto, its gone.
upload_2020-8-28_22-23-16.png

its never been broken you just need to enable/disable whatever features you do or do not want in game. untick debug rain, and presto, its gone.
View attachment 953057

You don´t understand me. When I have set the weather to sunny or cloudly the rain is enabled by default. I don´t want to go to debug everytime and disable it. That´s my concern here.

Anyway - since Ilja has written SOL implementation is only a matter of some bugfixing I assume this will be solved in the next CSP official release.

Hi ! :)

About the most expected track as "Bathurst" by @Jimlloyd and his team, I still confident and... patient.
If this future "jewel" has to be polished as well, the time doesn't matter and I'm fine with it.

As I often wrote "It will be available when It will be done !"

I'm aware about one of the most actual sign of times is "immediacy" (and I deplore it) but we have to let time... to time.

Cheers ! :cheers:

Last edited:
Don't get too excited or it'll only lead to disappointment. There are major issues with this track that can't be solved. Horrendous texture flickering everywhere, abysmal framerates, nasty jolts that probably need a new road mesh doing from scratch, crackly audio, trees pop in and out even when close (the LODs seem borked), and all this is assuming that you can actually get the track to load, as it crashes about 90% of the time. Might be another few months before we OH WHO AM I KIDDING IT'S FRIKKIN' AWESOME YOU ARE LITERALLY GOING TO SOIL YOURSELF.

Almost fell for your genuine way of expression there Mr @Masscot (undercover sarcasm)... Love it! :lol: You're really good at that type of stuff I've noticed, hilarious 👍

Last edited:
You don´t understand me. When I have set the weather to sunny or cloudly the rain is enabled by default. I don´t want to go to debug everytime and disable it. That´s my concern here.

Anyway - since Ilja has written SOL implementation is only a matter of some bugfixing I assume this will be solved in the next CSP official release.

No no I mean, start the race without rain but with the possibility of activating it any time for screenshots etc and to enjoy the asphalt wet without rain if you want.
I think the only way is what you say if you are not going to use the rain.

my bad I was reading your and his post together, he was saying he wants to be able to do photos with water on track, but without rain, I just assumed you were following his post that this was a bug, once ilja fixes sol, if you select no rain, you will have neither rain, nor water on the track, essentially defeating his goal. ill try read better next time ;)

It's a natural talent. I'm nothing if not a sarcastic asshole.

this damn thing is taking forever to upload, but, re the pcars3 bathurst, its actually not bad graphics, nor is it from autosport as i suspected, the issue is they changed the way they do trees, so you see the cross of the tree very harshly, and ti looks damn cheap, especially when shadow kicks in from a distance highlighting only a few planes of the trees. no idea what it might be, as i have graphoics turned up full. maybe a bug they will still get to I guess. FWIW bannochbrae is still gorgeous in pcars3. Now enough about pcars3.. lets have that bathurst already ;)

Hi,
yes, another MG BGT but this one has the overdrive!!!

50273854603_93334fba43_b.jpg

Do not overwrite anything.

SPECS:
RWD,
L4 1799cm3,
naturally aspirated,
manual 5 speed
95hp,
torque:150Nm,
weight:1048kg,
173km/h,
11.8s 0-100,
11.03 kg/hp

The colors of the skins are those proposed in the MG catalog in 1965

All files modified in accordance with:
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1965/1696400/mg_mgb_gt_overdrive.html

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6uej08b8ivqwvns/mg_mgbgt_od_1965.7z/file

Respect for the author
Have fun, Mike
Thanks again for this. The shifting animation from the Touring Car Legends MGB GT is about the closest I've found. It's not perfect but it does the job out of the corner of your eye.
I'd love it if someone hacked the roof off to make a roadster. I restored one from barn find to concourse about 25 years ago and used to love zipping around in that little thing.

There's a reason the rain is on by default - in the first rain previews it was off when you went on track, but Ilja changed this as it reduced crashing if you tried to change certain things in the game. On by default has been in all previews since that change. But yes you are right, when the rain is properly integrated with WeatherFX it will all be controlled from there, with Sol weather choices reflecting rain or not, and (I hope) dynamic weather plans.

Thanks for this, and hope you don't mind but I did a few very quick visual edits. Nothing major, but important for VR.
v1.1m 27.08.2020
- driver rotated and raised so his legs only partially clip through the seat instead of being totally hidden
- driver hand/steering synchronisation fixed
- some cockpit shader tweaks

http://www.mediafire.com/file/morknfl419z3hft/file

Thank you for making these adjustments - they help a lot. But what is really needed is the seats lowering. As you know in VR the legs in your version are about right but the seats are a few inches too high.

Thank you for making these adjustments - they help a lot. But what is really needed is the seats lowering. As you know in VR the legs in your version are about right but the seats are a few inches too high.
Yeah, should be pretty easy to do I guess for someone with the know-how. Driver positioning (and scale) is a nightmare in a lot of AC mods. It's a shame the driver model can't be easily scaled and that his hands can't be tethered to the steering wheel so that arms articulate naturally based on the hand positions. It always seems to be a compromise. Some modders take the time to get this right but a lot of the time it looks really janky. Speaking of which...

@GzeroD if you have the time and the inclination would you mind looking at the driver of your Zakspeed Capri? Natural eyeline puts his head in the middle of his chest, so when you glance left or right there are these Shwarzenegger basketball shoulders blocking your view. Have you ever messed about with scaling/repositioning drivers? This one seems particularly gigantic. Maybe he could be replaced with a better model? Kunos drivers do seem to vary in size betwen eras. Maybe it's a simulation of better nutrition through the ages.

Hey, does anyone have a track called Passion-Meca Raceway? I have the version that was tweaked by Assetto-FR.tk but I am hoping to find the original untouched version.

Here is the version I have. Don't remember where I got it.
https://we.tl/t-mhEv8bMTwZ

AC is as much a "driving simulator" as reading a book about sex is the same as having sex.. pays to remember they are all just games.. when you slam the brakes you dont go flying through the windscreen and die, again to the minority that spend thouands on rigs and like to pretend they are actually driving a car, it is important, but to the majority that realise its just game, probably aesthetics are more important. but. If you can have both, thats even better.

edit - before anyone asks, yeap, I bought project cars 3 as well ;)

Lol, me too. Strange thing is, that I haven't lauch it yet. Everytime I had a bew game, first thing I always did was launching it when turn PC on.
I will try to test PCars3 today. :odd:

The Quadro is the car from the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 game

maxresdefault.jpg
Thanks mate, in fact I was relating with a real life cars. But you are right there. 👍

:lol: I mean, it was joke, right? If it was, then I really don't understand the reason (don't mean to offend you, please), as I thought that the suggestion made by arctx is valid.

I was joking again with my 'no problem' reply. ;)
My thoughts are simple. In AC it is almost everything possible. Planes, ships, balls, you name it. It's a wide game opportunity.
Hence my images.

Cheers

There's a reason the rain is on by default - in the first rain previews it was off when you went on track, but Ilja changed this as it reduced crashing if you tried to change certain things in the game. On by default has been in all previews since that change. But yes you are right, when the rain is properly integrated with WeatherFX it will all be controlled from there, with Sol weather choices reflecting rain or not, and (I hope) dynamic weather plans.
Correct - That being said, we can conclude that it is not an issue as Fall Guy stated - it is what it is for now, while in pre alpha mode for tests purposes only.

Hi @GIBBONS - I tried this as a fresh install and get the same effect as I did when I copied your kn5 over the 'original'. Dashboard is borked and the rims have strange effects going on. It's not right. Thanks for trying.

You're right, I've been doing mod work in stages and forgot just how broken most stuff is generally. Scrap this car as there's a lot wrong with it and stick with the original model from Mike. I'll get around to fixing my one in full in about 2 years so watch this space...

Some other modders here provide equally annoying links to their websites rather than direct links to the actual mod. Are site hits that important or is it more about 'earning' the mod by hopping through a few hoops first?

On the other hand, it would be nice when a direct link is shared, to also share the link to the original site, so people can have a chance to eventually get to now other works of the modder that may have been overlooked.

The original link also allows to check for updates that were missed, which is not an issue with Mediafire, that allows to update the file and redirect to the new link, but in other sites the link will be removed, like Mega, and in Sharemods it will still be the outdated file.

@GzeroD if you have the time and the inclination would you mind looking at the driver of your Zakspeed Capri? Natural eyeline puts his head in the middle of his chest, so when you glance left or right there are these Shwarzenegger basketball shoulders blocking your view. Have you ever messed about with scaling/repositioning drivers? This one seems particularly gigantic. Maybe he could be replaced with a better model? Kunos drivers do seem to vary in size betwen eras. Maybe it's a simulation of better nutrition through the ages.

this is definitely an idiosyncrasy in the relationship between the driver and this particular car. I've tried swapping the driver for Driver_70 and Driver_60 and the problem remains. I have had VR now for 3 days - it's absolutely wonderful; has produced a huge improvement in realism; Goodwood, a track I know well in real life is spot on in VR; suddenly 'no name' and St Mary's are exactly like driving on the real track. But it has thrown up issues like oversize drivers, and sub-par cockpits.

Like everyone else I am waiting for Bathurst.

Well I have worked out how to add stuff as well as remove stuff....
So Hilman imp with some stock car add on's.
Glass removed, lights removed and filled, awful spoiler, thing on roof, metal sunscreen bar protection....
Rubbish...but i am learning! And need sleep....

View attachment 952951

That 'thing on roof' looks like one of those hair dryers they use when F1 cars are stopped for any length of time.

Can't believe some of you actually went and brought Pcars3, it was an instant delete after playing the crack version for 5 minutes lol
It is a serious thread here, don't mess with something which seems a garbage ! ^^

I remember buying the first opus, a long time ago, when It was one of the sales period on Steam.
If the game is a pure beauty (and It stills), a good simcade (we can admit it) but... THE SOUNDS, what the hell with them by Jove !!!???
The last thing is THE thing I will never admit with a racing car game and the menus... a total mess !

Last but not least, I dislike Ian Bell and his over dimensioned ego.

Cheers ! :cheers:

Last edited:
You're right, I've been doing mod work in stages and forgot just how broken most stuff is generally. Scrap this car as there's a lot wrong with it and stick with the original model from Mike. I'll get around to fixing my one in full in about 2 years so watch this space...
Gutted.

So I'm trying to replace the LODA interior with the CPIT one since it's highpoly from the Porsche 961 converted by @TonyBarracuda because he didn't realize he used the lowpoly one sadly, but the interior in question is all transparent after I exported it as .FBX having choosed the right objects from model's .MAX format, why is that?
upload_2020-8-28_16-45-40.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back