PC Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Thom Lee, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Real Toonces

Real Toonces

That 'thing on roof' looks like one of those hair dryers they use when F1 cars are stopped for any length of time.

kimiraik likes this.
  2. EvilGloomy

EvilGloomy

Can't believe some of you actually went and brought Pcars3, it was an instant delete after playing the crack version for 5 minutes lol

POV, JakubP and amazezinger like this.
  3. Elio92

Elio92

It is a serious thread here, don't mess with something which seems a garbage ! ^^

I remember buying the first opus, a long time ago, when It was one of the sales period on Steam.
    If the game is a pure beauty (and It stills), a good simcade (we can admit it) but... THE SOUNDS, what the hell with them by Jove !!!???
    The last thing is THE thing I will never admit with a racing car game and the menus... a total mess !

Last but not least, I dislike Ian Bell and his over dimensioned ego.

Cheers ! :cheers:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    Mariangello, GzeroD, xezez and 4 others like this.
  4. ukzz4iroc

ukzz4iroc

Gutted.

5. TonySSS

TonySSS

So I'm trying to replace the LODA interior with the CPIT one since it's highpoly from the Porsche 961 converted by @TonyBarracuda because he didn't realize he used the lowpoly one sadly, but the interior in question is all transparent after I exported it as .FBX having choosed the right objects from model's .MAX format, why is that?
    upload_2020-8-28_16-45-40.png

6. Ken134

Ken134

Where do you find the screen above please for rain debug and wetness etc. Many thanks.

7. safi hellie

safi hellie

Its an actual 'thing' in that sport.
    The sport is mental...and i love it... it's what mad max would do on weekends!
    The beauty of learning to add bits to cars for this sport is...they all look a bit hacked on in real life!

25298469062_357233d2e9_b.jpg

xezez, racealot, Real Toonces and 3 others like this.
  8. Elio92

Elio92

Hi ! :)

Is the MG 1965 (overdrive or not) wasn't available with spoked rims !?
    The answer is YES !

I'm a "spoked rims lover"... and a guy who loves the old british cars which got reputation of poor reliability (family checked facts) ! ;)

Cheers ! ;)

9. Whopub

Whopub

Not only that, but it's so much heavier on the system than the ACU version! A race in the FM7 version with, idk, 15 cars, is bound to be a slideshow on my machine. Granted I do have a small old potato, but still. ACU's version IS the SAME track, more accurate, and so much lighter on the system. Unfortunately people seem stuck on the other one, and so the FM7 version gets all the love (replays, camtools, skins, grass, etc). Never understood that. Modders must all have great (non-potato) systems. :)

Now that there's a new version coming, also by Jim Lloyd, I've been hoping he does a good job with the optimization. I have no doubt he knows what he's doing, and that this new version will be top shelf, but do I confess I'm a bit worried about the optimization. With stuff like RainFX coming, the little potatoes some of us use will suffer enough, there's no need for the track itself to cause trouble. Remember, crappy PCs (also) matter... :)

All that said, it's been my favorite track for a long time, so to have a new version coming out is great news. And it's also a good thing that we at least have so many versions around to pick from.

One question: there was another Bathurst floating around in the forum a few weeks ago, with a download link. I gave it a try. It was a bare bones version, clearly a work in progress. That was the base for this version coming out tonight, right? Or is it yet another version?

10. Paulo Ribeiro

Paulo Ribeiro

I will not even reply to your short statment.
    1- If everyone cracked new games, soon would be no new games.
    2- Who are you to 'can't believe' in what others buy/aquire or not?

I will not say more, due to my not politicaly correct way to say some thoughts.

noroardanto, Papifix, TYW and 3 others like this.
  11. Masscot

Masscot

Optimisation is excellent in the new track. Worry ye not!
    Should be uploaded soon if we can wake Jim up...

Edit: the one posted recently did NOT form the base for Reboot Team's new one. Ours is a scratch conversion with many enhancements.

Paintbox, MeltFire, tetzip and 4 others like this.
  12. Diegonapoli10

Diegonapoli10

Iam not demanding much... but... someone could convert this from forza?

I see so many ****** cars made.. but this icon gets overlooked way to much.

Pls iam willing to donate too.

Jerry60, CMonroe, Turnup and 2 others like this.
  13. TimLotus

TimLotus

Has anyone got Denny Hulme's 1992 Benson and Hedges skin for the E30 M3 DTM that they could share, please? Mesa Artworks site's download links are broken and a search on RD brought up nothing.

Edit: I have found the skins I wanted :)

14. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

To be able to delete it after 5 minutes, did you not have to buy it first yourself?
    That being said, I am also surprised and curious to know why some of us here have bought the game. That a console only new player with no wheel does, I fully understand, but the veterans here, I do not understand the appeal. Just so you understand, I regularly play PC2 and even still PC one. I enjoy AMS2, so I have no axe to grind with SMS, I actually think the SMS engine is superior to other engine in many aspect.
    But PC3! I am curious to know and understand the appeal for guy's (and lady) like us.

noroardanto, Paulo Ribeiro and Elio92 like this.
  15. TimLotus

TimLotus

Looks like it may be in @GzeroD's radar. If you look at his page under Inter-War you will see the Tipo B P3 listed (not as a live link). I take this to mean he is planning to do this car at some point

16. Masscot

Masscot

Basically, NFS: Shift 2 but in VR and with simlite physics.
    That's what I was hoping for.
    And it kind of is, but pretty FUBAR at the moment.

Papifix and Cote Dazur like this.
  17. Diegonapoli10

Diegonapoli10

Yeah i know... i contacted him too.
    But he seems busy doing other cars right now...

18. sonicmarmy

sonicmarmy

New Superkart on Legion's blog. Its fantastic, and a lot more progressive than the other one

safi hellie likes this.
  19. sonicmarmy

sonicmarmy

20. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

sab001, xezez, Peugeot905 and 12 others like this.
  21. ParanoidDoge

ParanoidDoge

22. gutbomb

gutbomb

xezez likes this.
  23. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

I 'converted' these skins (don't even remember where I got them) for another version (the RTM) of the car a couple of years ago. Changing the .DDS names makes them work for this car too.

ParanoidDoge likes this.
  24. Masscot

Masscot

Anyone else getting this weird permaglow on the right hand side of the Kunos Audi S1's instrument cluster at night?
    I don't think I've even driven this car before.

Screenshot_ks_audi_a1s1_rt_bathurst_28-8-120-17-15-42.jpg

25. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

Yep, be it a bit less pronounced in my case.

Masscot likes this.
  26. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

[​IMG]

jeffnghongda and Masscot like this.
  27. Elio92

Elio92

Sure WE CAN !

or

Paintbox likes this.
  28. Masscot

Masscot

Thanks chaps. Very weird. Wonder what causes it?

29. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

Me too.
    Cote isn't affected as it seems...
    I'm on triples, no VR.
    Probably some CSP setting.

30. safi hellie

safi hellie

I haven't purchased it, I just posted a picture off the official forum which looks terrible.

Honestly if it was the greatest game ever, which it isn't, i'd not purchase it anyway, far too much of my time is spent fiddling with AC and learning new stuff everyday.

Personally my opinion is that just like codemasters do and many developers do, they have absolutely taken the rip out of consumers with this game.
    But they are all at it really, its just that Turn 10 and EA get the most grilling for it....

I'd not go near this game though because with PCars and PCars2 there is clearly no point.

But people are free to chose for sure.
    I think with PCars 3 its not even a very good arcade game apparently, so they seemed to of missed in that respect too.