Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,787 comments
AC is as much a "driving simulator" as reading a book about sex is the same as having sex.. pays to remember they are all just games.. when you slam the brakes you dont go flying through the windscreen and die, again to the minority that spend thouands on rigs and like to pretend they are actually driving a car, it is important, but to the majority that realise its just game, probably aesthetics are more important. but. If you can have both, thats even better.

edit - before anyone asks, yeap, I bought project cars 3 as well ;)

Last edited:
ASR has updated their F1s just a heads up
Just tried the 1991 cars at Monza. I have to say that ASR are finally back on the right track with these. Much more drivable, plus there's no longer any BOP-ing required to make the a.i cars respectable.
The a.i top speeds are relevant, even if their gearing doesn’t quite match up to the speeds they’re actually doing. That doesn’t affect the car you’re driving though.
The corner speeds overall feel a tiny bit lower than they perhaps should, but it’s not a game-breaker by any means now.

They also have literally every 1991 track-specific driver and car skins, for every available car too, which makes creating track-specific detailed grids, a great pleasure.

Welcome back, ASR. :cheers:

I’ll keep a backup of the May 2020 versions, juuust in case these new ones get broken again, but I don’t see that happening. :D

Can confirm the guys at emperorservers (assettocorsaservers as they used to be known) run a fantastic service, and its well worth the cost. you dont have to deal with all the backend fuddling and messing around that comes with running a server yourself, and the interface is fantastic and easy to use :)

The FM7 mod version of the track, is sooooo inaccurate idk why people keep worshiping it like its the best version out there. The acu version is the most accurate that we have currently, obviously when the acc-ac port releases it will be a real step forward
its because everyone called it a laserscanned Bathurst, imo the rd bathurst looks a lot better but I drove Bathurst fm7 because i thought it was more accurate
after i played acc it was obvious fm7 wasnt really accurate

Last time I checked, I use AC for driving as it is a "driving simulator" and not as a "track viewing" simulator, so in that sense accuracy is important.

Must mention aswell, if you are looking at a circuit while you are driving on it because it "looks good" then you must crash alot me thinks

I get visuals are important, but I would think accuracy of track layout comes before visual "prettiness" as after all you are supposed to be focusing on the road, not the track surroundings.

As much as I dearly love AC (its basically the only sim I drive, despite owning 4-5 others), its visual shortcomings are pretty evident when you look at some of the stock content, mostly tracks; Nurburgring GP, Vallelunga, Mugello, basically any track that was ported from Ferrari Virtual Academy. Driving around the Nurb GP is such a depressing experience as its obvious that the assets are pretty dated and it looks a generation behind say Brands Hatch which looks lovely. Particularly Nurburgring GP has some surprising track errors and for a "laser scan" layout, that's a real disappointment. Mugelllo isn't too bad, its just lacking a bit of trackside scenery. Both Vallelunga and Nurb GP have really bad texturing in places, ill fitting UVs, incorrectly placed kerbs and gravel, its just a mess. I was kinda hoping that some genius doing CSP stuff could take a look at these tracks and maybe help to improve them. I know there is nothing you can really do about the track inaccuracies since that would cause problems, but I think visually things could be done.

Coupla more skins for the 961 (think these are the last - didn't race much that one) :

Daytona 1986 (missing one logo I couldn't decipher)

8eSP1PF.png

Le Mans Presentation 1986

Dl4VSfn.png

+ custom livery icons

https://we.tl/t-wgZqX5gyti

Gutted!
Got to this point before checking if it even loads up in game...

__custom_showroom_1598609021.jpg

Now when it loads to track it crashed back saying

"Some texture’s format or size might be wrong."

So I get what it is saying, but not how to fix it.

Any ideas?
Sorry to be a pain....i ma so close i am sure of it.

shaderpatch doesn't work for me anymore.

After I installed the "lights-patch-v0.1.63-preview11-full", the download speed when loading the vaopatch is extremely small, 1 kb / s. At some point, the transfer breaks off.

I once installed version 1.46, renamed the extension folder to Assetto Corsa and had it recreated, renamed the Content Manager folder to Apps and renewed the Content Manager. Didn't change anything.

Does anyone of you have an idea why that could be?

Gutted!

View attachment 953020

Any ideas?
3DSimED can batch convert all the models textures and re-save the model using them.
KsEditor will also show which textures disagree with it.

.tga from gmotor conversions don't work and some newer versions of .dds won't work either.
3DSimED should cover most of those though.
Occasionally a non factor of 4 sized texture might get converted and you will need to track them down and resize them yourself.

3DSimED can batch convert all the models textures and re-save the model using them.
KsEditor will also show which textures disagree with it.

.tga from gmotor conversions don't work and some newer versions of .dds won't work either.
3DSimED should cover most of those though.
Occasionally a non factor of 4 sized texture might get converted and you will need to track them down and resize them yourself.

Yeah i did it in blender though.
Hmmm, i'll start again and try one change at a time.

shaderpatch doesn't work for me anymore.

After I installed the "lights-patch-v0.1.63-preview11-full", the download speed when loading the vaopatch is extremely small, 1 kb / s. At some point, the transfer breaks off.

I once installed version 1.46, renamed the extension folder to Assetto Corsa and had it recreated, renamed the Content Manager folder to Apps and renewed the Content Manager. Didn't change anything.

Does anyone of you have an idea why that could be?
just grab the latest version from Ilja's patreon, V32, and grab the new CM as well, all working great here.
upload_2020-8-28_20-27-31.png

I now get these black squares again with preview32, when driving through dirt or in general from smoke generation. I would wish Ilja finds the culprit here to fix this issue.

touch wood I am all good so far, only run about 3 tracks so far.. still sitting here hoping for the new Bathurst drop soon.. ;)

Plans for Friday night:

Cocaine - cancelled
Hookers - cancelled
Shaving the cat - cancelled

Download new Bathurst - NB

@Jimlloyd ... 6.13pm.. technically that is friday night in Australia... I am not anxious at all, nor do I want you thinking I am sitting here hitting refresh every 11 seconds.. my hand shaking like an arthritic dog with fleas... I am not despondant, drinking whiskey and wondering what I am doing with my life at all... so.. uhhh.. all that said.. when are the team dropping Bathurst man.. enquiring minds need to know..

Asking for a friend..

Hear you load and clear... The anticipation of this release version is uncanny... Wonder if your plan B can still be adopted until then... skip the cat shaving... unless the hookers want to do it... :lol:

This would be fantastic, I've basically given up with track extensions at this point as it seems everyone and their dog are making them and I just don't care enough about grass and billboards to bother working out which ones are the best. I can see it becoming even more confusing once the rain CSP hits public release so having a more advanced version of the 'wet' function in BLM lights would be a brilliant time saver.

I see you made the same mistake I did and downloaded the Vantage model with the horrible wheels and fat tyres. If you want a normal looking one then here's a temporary link to the standard V8 Vantage KN5 that I recently did some shader work on, just rename and copy over yours and it should then work with your physics set. Feel free to update and upload with this if you prefer, I'm not bothered with being credited, link will be active 14 days. Link and pic below, you should be able to make any skins you want using the CM painter but if not, let me know and I'll upload as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w2km3gblmn99se3/aston_vantage77.kn5/file

107584150_10103950903117278_6006700556010491266_o.jpg

Thanks so much for doing this. If I copy your kn5 and paste it in the folder, the rims look odd and I lose the interior. You mention renaming the file. Can you just help me out with this as I want the Aston with the good handling and the normal wheels. Thanks!

Hi,
thank you GIBBONS, thank you Masscot, i'll add those files.
Mike

I was in a rush posting yesterday and it occurred to me that there maybe issues just dumping a KN5 into another car folder, such as animations. Here's the full car folder as that maybe easier and cause less errors. Although obviously up to you if you'd rather not use it.

EDIT2 - Link removed because it's rubbish

EDIT
@ukzz4iroc - see above, sorry for confusion

OK so I have spent a little time in blender.
I have got as far as being able to remove stuff....so like in the picture passenger seat and glass...

Now how far am I from being able to ADD stuff. Like new wheels and just basic stuff like a mesh for example over the screen?

I just can't work out how to add stuff even when i have copied it from another car...

Am i way off or just a few steps from getting basic stuff within my grasp.

For arguments sake (i don't) but say i wanted to add a wing on the back of this C1... imagine i am in blender (and i know how to remove stuff), how easy is it from there..?
Cheers, hopefully in the long run this will mean i can get stuff done without asking.

View attachment 952864

Gutted!

View attachment 953020

Any ideas?

In Blender, the way I change car wheels is as follows:

Select the donor car, import the FBX into Blender and then delete every single item that isn't under the suspension or wheels categories. Then save that FBX for later. Then import the FBX of the car you want to add the wheels to, this time you want to delete everything in the suspension and wheels category. Now import the FBX from the donor car and position the wheels vaguely in the right place, this doesn't need to be perfect in my experience as the suspension.ini will move the wheels to the correct place in game anyway.

Now export this car with the new wheels and open it up in KSeditor. Click on each wheel/tyre/brake object and bring the material and shader settings in line with those of the donor car. You can open up the donor car in CM showroom and click each of the relevant objects and then inspect what type of shader/material is used and you'll be able to find all the texture files in the 'unpacked' -> 'textures' folder of the donor car. Once done then just save as a KN5 and everything should be done.

It's a method I've used many times without issue.

Last edited:
I now get these black squares again with preview32, when driving through dirt or in general from smoke generation. I would wish Ilja finds the culprit here to fix this issue.
It has to do with Sol implementation not being finished yet
setting your weather script in WeatherFX to "default implentation" should fix it

I had the same problem until I started a hot lap with the Sol ppfilter. After that, starting with any ppfilter all is fine.

It has to do with Sol implementation not being finished yet
setting your weather script in WeatherFX to "default implentation" should fix it

Do you know by any chance if you can turn off auto rain at the start of a race or hot lap? It rains no matter what weather you chose and have to set it to zero every time.

touch wood I am all good so far, only run about 3 tracks so far.. still sitting here hoping for the new Bathurst drop soon.. ;)
Don't get too excited or it'll only lead to disappointment. There are major issues with this track that can't be solved. Horrendous texture flickering everywhere, abysmal framerates, nasty jolts that probably need a new road mesh doing from scratch, crackly audio, trees pop in and out even when close (the LODs seem borked), and all this is assuming that you can actually get the track to load, as it crashes about 90% of the time. Might be another few months before we OH WHO AM I KIDDING IT'S FRIKKIN' AWESOME YOU ARE LITERALLY GOING TO SOIL YOURSELF.

Don't get too excited or it'll only lead to disappointment. There are major issues with this track that can't be solved. Horrendous texture flickering everywhere, abysmal framerates, nasty jolts that probably need a new road mesh doing from scratch, crackly audio, trees pop in and out even when close (the LODs seem borked), and all this is assuming that you can actually get the track to load, as it crashes about 90% of the time. Might be another few months before we OH WHO AM I KIDDING IT'S FRIKKIN' AWESOME YOU ARE LITERALLY GOING TO SOIL YOURSELF.

I had a ride and it's... pretty ok :crazy:

plan b was to race bathurst in PCars3.. man.. BAD, so so very bad.. I was expecting better graphics, at least as good as bathurst in pcars2, but, in fact it looks like AUtosport track.. man... Ill try grab a triple screen clip in case you havent seen it already..

No no I mean, start the race without rain but with the possibility of activating it any time for screenshots etc and to enjoy the asphalt wet without rain if you want.
I think the only way is what you say if you are not going to use the rain.

That´s annoying me since the rain previews came. Seems no one is interested in to fix that issue.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back