Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,110 comments
I have downloaded the Seat Leon 2017 from Assettoland:

02.11.2020: Seat Leon 2017 v2.0 by AE Garage (Encrypted & CSP) for AC v1.16.3

View attachment 969404

Altough the car is encrypted, at least the preview pic is Assetto Corsa-standard (see photo above).

The problem with this car is, that the AI can only drive this car very slow. Has anybody an idea, what is wrong with the data?

Is this new, because I have this car (real life) and never seen it anywhere before?

This car is so ****ing ***** lol. Rear suspension in low-rider mode, driver hands not even on the steering wheel, etc. And it's encrypted ? Guy thinks he's Esprit3095 but he's another ned.
Rant off.
@ParanoidDoge - Since encryption is a feature of ilya's CSP project, everybody has "the right" to encrypt their mod, and it's not a measure of quality as far as i know :). And even for good quality, I do not see a reason for Esprit mods to be encrypted as well. But we see that word "encrypted" by the mod makes it instantly more desirable :D And i think we'll see more and more encrypted mods coming with rise of ilya_s Workshop, that is intended to be a "modders' paradise" :)

@RMi_wood maybe it's beta ;) release.

It's not a good car, leave them alone, for me landed in the basket.....

@JakubP It's time to fix it LOL.
But wait, it's encrypted :D.

BTW Your "honda civic eg6 spoon" is bugging me for some reason (one reason at a time :D) - the civic looks in replays like it's almost dragging it's bowels on the tarmac. In my opinion that's dangerously low ; ) (check your replays).

Do you think i could fix it in 3d model or i need to adjust suspension settings?

Last edited:
New skin for the Ferrari 488 Challenge EVO
Drivername: Boris Gideon
Team: Formula Racing
number: 103
preview.jpg

Download

Enjoy ;)

Join My discord: https://discord.gg/EJ5cR3ggdE

Last edited:

View attachment 969404

Altough the car is encrypted, at least the preview pic is Assetto Corsa-standard (see photo above).

The problem with this car is, that the AI can only drive this car very slow. Has anybody an idea, what is wrong with the data?
That's the least of its problems. Maybe it was released to troll the whole encryption process and to demonstrate why, if you are going to encrypt your car, you better make damn sure it doesn't have obvious errors. Driver face clipping through your view, steering by telekenesis, magical flipped mirror, textures by N64... all blatantly obvious after less than a minute and this is apparently version 2. It has to be a joke.

Someone should suggest Ilja to make some sort of classification feature on his upcoming workshop.

That way, people that actually care for detail and accuracy would stand out in the huge crowd that is the modding community.

However, it should also be secure enough to avoid the same a$$h#@e sending 5-star ratings indefinitely to ramp up his score :/

Last edited:
Don’t generalise please.
For me (and I’m not alone): encrypted = immediate delete.
No kidding, even "Esprit ..." or alike mods? :D You are my hero : )

But seriously, you should have noted my emoticon after "desirable":D. That meant twofold ;) so please do not be offenced. Best regards for my hero!

PS. Even paid mods? LOL

No kidding, even "Esprit ..." or alike mods? :D You are my hero : )

But seriously, you should have noted my emoticon after "desirable":D. That meant twofold ;) so please do not be offenced. Best regards for my hero!

PS. Even paid mods? LOL

Stop mocking my friend, you came here to the forum and play the hero on the right and left.
It's nothing to do with who has an opinion on the subject, let alone the encryption.
Stop ****ing your stupidity, because you're not bringing anything new.....

Hello, fellow AC race drive,

I bring you the recently updated Vasco Sameiro racing track. It´s a circuit located near the city of Braga in Portugal. The author of the original track in Rfactor is Rasta Drifter and this update to 2020 is work of a portuguese modder Rui Fernandes. He also needs your opinions :)

With grid, drift, drift reverse and karting. 22 pits.
Redone AI and cameras

Have fun...

Thank you Pedro!

The circuit layout is interesting.
I encourage you to add more textures, Nice asfalt and so on.

Regards.

I don't need to look at my replays because I drove this car over 2000km in AC.

It's low, but it runs as it should. There will be a new version of it will be fixed some things (I don't know if there will be anything fixed when suspended).
I'm sorry, but I want to clarify one thing, because a lot of people are asking me what to download, and I'm getting a mess in this thread after your patches.....
When the flyingsaucer fixes the front banner (we're just learning everything, we have time, For me make inccredible progress in its skills in such a short time anyway.Estimated 100 percent ) then we'll issue an official fix with the new car number.

Until then, please do not add any corrections, glass, stickers, suspension or other.
If someone want to improve something please contact me or flysingsaucer

Thank you

No problem mate, keep working on that :)

I did the obvious fixes with pleasure, for people, and they knew how to use it on top of your "release".

Not even a single bit was harmed(changed) in your released model, neither i used any of your assets in my patch. That's why my patches are great :)
Even the banner texture i included to circumvent the bug in 1.06 model is redone and has different mapping :)
[which caused many trouble to Tony trying to port it directly in 3D model for the next update (even i explained it to him).

So, you cannot really have complaints about my work and patches, cause these are only "addons" people install on top of the civic.

People don't have to use it, but seems like they want the patches and enjoy them for better driving experience. (I do not reupload "your" car and people are perfectly aware of that. All the fixes are independently made by me :))

That said, please exclude my internal banner from release, that Tony was prepping (and save his effort ; )btw. My wiper animation is free for you to use. (Though people will be perfectly fine also with my patch alone, even in your future updates of the car)

Greetings to Tony @flyingsaucer. Greetings to @JakubP. ;)

Last edited:
Stop mocking my friend, you came here to the forum and play the hero on the right and left.
It's nothing to do with who has an opinion on the subject, let alone the encryption.
Stop ****ing your stupidity, because you're not bringing anything new.....
I can tell you something, "for four beers" :D

Remember? :D

And i see the GTPlanet is not an elitist clan, so why you call ME stupid :D? LOL.

Fanapryde is my "old friend" :D from another forum :D, and i already know many of you LOL, because many of you asking for $aid mods there. It's called "GTP horde on RIN" :D.

But here are some cool people coming to GTP as well, and especially now to mention @delpinsky and chivas , who release their fantastic mods directly on rin. That means respect to the (rin) community :) Thanks guys.

PS. I could greet you all i know, here :D but the list is too long :D and dont want anybody to feel sad if i missed him :D

Last edited:
My next small thing for ya all, a config for Circuito Vasco Sameiro.
@LiquidSkyMan and @safi hellie posted their stuff here today for that track a few posts back, many thx for that. 👍
So I thought all this ugly background boxes on certain elements as crowd or bushes, etc. should be removed and doing it, grass and some tweaks more could help to improve it a bit more ... :)

Master of quality testing Mr. @Fanapryde was satisfied so far with it. 👍
Only not so dense grass as on other tracks was on his list. But I think in Portugal it´s often really dry in summer and grass looks often taht way. But maybe @Paulo Ribeiro can give us his opinion?

Any other feedback is as always welcomed too. :)

Extract it into AC root folder. Hope you enjoy it. :)

Oh, @Masscot just mentioned he got probs starting that track. :(
Track crashed for him to an purple screen on Rift/CM. I´m sorry for that. :(
So, maybe test the track without my config before. I don´t believe it´s the config, but I just wanna warn you... :scared:

Changes made so far:
  • added some lights
  • fixed some elements with solid boxed background and black tent entries
  • new grass added, not so densed for now
  • removed old odd 3D grass
  • overall adjusted brightness, contrast
  • created vao-patch
Edit: updated version with slightly darker sand and toned more yellowish can be find here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1104#post-13093134

Hi Slider666,

Nice job!
where to get the track mod?
thanks!

good morning/evening all, could someone please tell me how to get dynamic shadows working. what csp is required and what sol thank you, also how to get shadows working with lights ? thanks.

I can tell you something, "for four beers" :D

Remember? :D

And i see the GTPlanet is not an elitist clan, so why you call ME stupid :D? LOL.

BTW. Fanapryde is my "old friend" :D from another forum :D, and i already know many of you LOL, because many of you asking for $aid mods there :D.

My time to answer you is wasted ...... Because you're in awe of yourself .... because you've improved two wipers for existing cars hahahah......

"That's why my patches are great ":) you're funny .........

Besides, there's nothing I want to support you about and how.....

My money, buddy.....

Sol is not required, it's a csp feature. I think you need at least csp 0.1.64 and then go into custom shaders patch settings, lighting FX and tick the active box in the "dynamic shadows" related section at the bottom

thank you, just need to find out how to turn shadows on for track light configs now.

My time to answer you is wasted ...... Because you're in awe of yourself .... because you've improved two wipers for existing cars hahahah......

"That's why my patches are great ":) you're funny .........

Besides, there's nothing I want to support you about and how.....

My money, buddy.....
You can't read, can you? @SiR80 :D
Or you can't embrace a whole paragraph of text at once. LOL. Call me stupid, but I CAN :D.

Patches are great because you apply it OVER A MOD, and work for people to enjoy, no matter how bugged the original mod is. And no claims can be made that u changed something in the mod. (If you are not comprehensible enough i can make a video on yt for you :) to understand _ but wasting my time is worth more than just 4 beers, be aware :D)

Ok finish this theater, everything has been explained.

SiR80 Relax, man, or your line will shoot.
Yup, i think we're clear. But you see even in real life, you cannot stop eg aftermarket tuners like novitec, or kreiss to make appliances to cars. And if it extends driving experience, people are even more eager to try the aftermarket ones.
I have no next patches prepared for 1.06 because that's enough i think, and i made alternative fixed civic based on abandoned v1.01 of the car, Tony said the v1.01 does not exist anymore :D.

So:
First and foremost, optimization of kn5 which is now 100MB (not compressed), not 230MB.
1. Added badges (that civic was without front badge. Oh take that replacement antenna that comes from my patch too - it doesnt suit ;)), 1a. antenna tweaked
2. Internal "Spoon" banners for front AND rear
3. no license plates (which required tricky rebuilding of AO textures)
4. Better FFB and feel during the cornering (the original civic [same as ek6] was not centering the steering wheel on the corner exit at all).
5. Proper internal window with dust and reflection.
6. Speed gauges turn black when lights are turn on, to improve readability of the numbers.
7. Speedometer scaled to mph instead of kph, to preserve "original" layout of speedometer face.

TO DO (my plans):

- Fix the hanging "low pants" or "undergarment" on civic spoon that is seen below the car on replays.

- Put the "ext_config", that looks like copied from elsewhere, on a diet (many things are seem to do efficiently nothing, that's why my previous remark)

- And a few more coming.

(It's a completely independent rework, not to clash with your "1.06 branch" release)

Last edited:
So, ilja's sol alternative, or default / base thing.
Anyone use it or tried it?
It looks pretty good and is so kind on performance I can do rain fx with over 20 AI.
I guess its missing a lot of stuff but you still get full 24 hour cycle and the weather effects.

I guess i am asking as it seems no one really talks about it or make filters for it... i am a convert.

Screenshot_mclaren_720_gt3_acc_ks_silverstone_2-10-120-9-26-12.jpg

Yup, i think we're clear. But you see even in real life, you cannot stop eg aftermarket tuners like novitec, or kreiss to make appliances to cars. And if it extends driving experience, people are even more eager to try the aftermarket ones.
I have no next patches prepared for 1.06 because that's enough i think, and i made alternative fixed version based on abandoned v1.01 of the car, Tony said the v1.01 does not exist anymore :D.

So:
1. Added badges (that civic was without front badge. Oh take that replacement antenna that comes from my patch too - it doesnt suit ;)), 1a. antenna tweaked
2. Internal "Spoon" banners for front AND rear
3. no license plates (which required tricky rebuilding of AO textures)
4. Better FFB and feel during the cornering (the original civic [same as ek6] was not centering the steering wheel on the corner exit at all).
5. Proper internal window with dust and reflection.
6. Speed gauges turn black when lights are turn on, to improve readability of the numbers.
7. Speedometer scaled to mph instead of kph, to preserve "original" layout of speedometer face.

TO DO (my plans):
Fix the "low pants" or "undergarment" on civic spoon.

And a few more coming. (It's a completely independent rework, not to clash with your "1.06 branch" release. Also the rear wiper that Tony deleted from 1.01 (don't know why) will be not included to distinguish from v1.06.

You already answer to yourself, can't you see that no one is taking up the topic with you............. you know what Spoon is and what it looked like, what stamp on the mask, what antenna correction, conversion from km/h to mph ,ek6 really ?? hahahahhah ....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

God you see and you don't thunder, is there any moderator here ??

View attachment 969404

The interior is giving me some AssettoGarage vibes IMO the car definitely needs improvements.
Screenshot_ae_seat_leon2017_ks_nurburgring_4-10-120-13-55-2.jpg

Does anyone know of a tutorial of some sort that explains how to make cars Rain FX ready (so wipers)? Because I'd love to try and do that for some cars, just don't know how :)

You already answer to yourself, can't you see that no one is taking up the topic with you............. you know what Spoon is and what it looked like, what stamp on the mask, what antenna correction, conversion from km/h to mph ,ek6 really ?? hahahahhah ....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

God you see and you don't thunder, is there any moderator here ??

People don't need to discuss since it's clear for anyone else than you, LOL.

ONLY YOU have sticked to my posts like a poop to a bottom of a shoe :D. LOL

Sorry i cant help you, if you need moderator to help you, then make HIM explain to you :D.

Does anyone know of a tutorial of some sort that explains how to make cars Rain FX ready (so wipers)? Because I'd love to try and do that for some cars, just don't know how :)
There is somewhere a tutorial by @delpinsky for 3dmax. @flyingsaucer posted about it, so it's easy.

So far i do not know if anyone made a tutorial for Blender. :)

PS. Nice to hear that after trying my addon-patches that enable rainfx features for some cars, people are feeling encouraged to do the same for their cars. If such small addon packets make such satisfying difference, then it's definitely worth it. So, go for it :D.

Last edited:
So, ilja's sol alternative, or default / base thing.
Anyone use it or tried it?
It looks pretty good and is so kind on performance I can do rain fx with over 20 AI.
I guess its missing a lot of stuff but you still get full 24 hour cycle and the weather effects.

I guess i am asking as it seems no one really talks about it or make filters for it... i am a convert.

View attachment 969446
I tried, but could not find a PP filter that looks good on it. Which PP you use and do you still use Sol weather conditions, or default ones?

EDIT: No I lie, A3P No chromatic looked ok. Can't remember what was bothering me, to stop using it...

Last edited:
New skin for the Ferrari 488 Challenge EVO
Drivername: Boris Gideon
Team: Formula Racing
number: 103
View attachment 969408

Download

Enjoy ;)

I have updated the link to the 103 skin I use the wrong banner with wrong number
Thanks to Jojosan for reporting

Enjoy

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back