Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
latest

Both tracks are made to scale and therefor run the same length as their Gran Turismo 6 counterparts.

If I can get something working before Christmas i'll post it here as a Christmas present to you all :)

EDIT - The green grass background is temporary and I only used it to get a sense of scale.

ALSO IF ANYBODY WANTS MONEY FOR DOING THE TUMBLER MOD LET ME KNOW!!!

You are doing god's work mate :bowdown: Honestly, AC right now does Gran Turismo better than Gran Turismo itself.

If possible at all, could you also make a variant of Midfield with the rounded T1 instead of the double apex? I hate that they Tilkeified this corner from GT4 onwards :grumpy: If that's too much work, just ignore me, I'm happy to finally drive this legendary track in AC again :D

Great camera work, again, @DaBaeda ! Camera 12 is the best.

The last four cameras are his great work.

There are some strange "triangle glitches" that appear in the video. Maybe a CSP issue.

Hi @imported_ApexVGear. I wrestled with that 'triangle in the sky' issue for ages. It has been around for quite some time, but I found the fix. Just go to the CSP graphic adjustments tab and set FOV Exponent' to 0.5. That wil get rid of the dreaded triangles forever and it doesn't have any adverse effects.

Sky Triangle Fix.jpg

Last edited:
Really enjoyed a couple of laps around this track. Thanks for setting it up to use in AC.

My 1/2 a cent... and I know you're aware of these issues.

1. Road mesh needs some smoothing/remodeling, as you can feel the "blockiness" of the lower poly-count, especially through lower dips in the road and over crests.

2. Not sure about the glowing, pulsating road-surface markers. Maybe this comes from its' original version. IMWO, for me, a little too "arcadey."

3. This would be another good track to "re-master" if someone had time to edit the models and improve the textures and add normal maps (so wish I did have time right now).

Of course, thanks again for all your work and contributions.

1. Yes, the road could use a smoothing.
2. The glowing road markers are just for fun in this release, to fit with my futuristic story...
although a real possibility that the Japanese would do something like this, given curent and future tech.
3. Agree the track could use better trees, TSO and other higher resolution errata

I like the track, it flows even better than Myogi :)

Thank you for the critique

Last edited:
Some say...

A miniature version of him often appears at sim rigs, with a disapproving glare (we think)
as he watches idiots that think sim-racing is like the real thing.

View attachment 979031

:D :lol:

talking of things appearing on simrigs, doing a replacement cap for my fanatec wheel. will drop the files in thingiverse again, will fit standard 6 hole fanatec hubs. but, dont think an FDM will pull this off. Will be printing on my DLP and casting to Brass, then stress it to look oldish like the left hand one. will update this post next week once its cast, its only going onto printer now.

If anyone has any other design ideas for the centre section happy to hear them?
upload_2020-12-19_12-46-35.png

Last edited:
talking of things appearing on simrigs, doing a replacement cap for my fanatec wheel. will drop the files in thingiverse again, will fit standard 6 hole fanatec hubs. but, dont think an FDM will pull this off. Will be printing on my DLP and casting to Brass, then stress it to look oldish like the left hand one. will update this post next week once its cast, its only going onto printer now.

If anyone has any other design ideas for the centre section happy to hear them?
View attachment 979072
sorry, all of my suggestions are NSFW :|

people! good day! it occurred to me to experiment with cars! I grabbed the base of the ETC Fiat Turbo from Brazil, which was quite unmanageable, remove the turbo, and put together some physics similar to the Turismo Pista Class 1 from Argentina. I leave the credits to whom it corresponds! It has a single skin and if someone wants to try it, and create a template, or whatever, it is freely available. Thank you very much, try and enjoy!

https://mega.nz/file/ls422T7B#dzp5rV6uo_LBJ4wtw53BND9qs5aj0Q6XIz-iH0xISLg

I clarify that it is my first time with a car and that I did everything in my power! I accept criticism and feel free to modify it to your liking!

Good job. Much better indeed.

Zolder 2009 v1.01 (updated)

Changelog v1.01:
- pit area fixed by @damone13x
- hole in grass turn 2 fixed

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Great. Just great.

Completely redone mesh with reduced bumps and high resolution for vhe Hockenheim. https://www.mediafire.com/file/6982i5nh1pzb1g0/new_physics_mesh_hockenheim_vhe.rar/file

New high resolution physic mesh for vhe Londrina. Tried to contact vhe but got no response so files are released as update and not with new track version.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8o6vcccyjl13om4/new_physic_mesh_londrina.rar/file

Wow. From night to day. Very well done!

Loch Rannoch v1.0 is released

Links:
Race Department
GTPlanet

Thanks for this very fun track since GTL (if my brain is on the right path).
Although, as you released 'wide world', I must say that, no matter what cars I chose, all the AI crash and behaves like hugely drunk AI. Hehe.

2m6y.png

s542.png

vl1k.png

Thank you for your overall work. Great choice and quality! And free!

Cheers

LOL Freeroam is unstable, you cant "race", but you can "trackday"
try "trackday" on freeroam. AI will go into the dirt areas also.

again... Freeroam layout choose "trackday". Its beta for fun only.

Otherwise, as long as cars with some suspension travel, lighter cars, cars with proper aero etc have not much AI issues in all of my testing. Try slower cars? I have done many 4 lap races with full grid without issues.

note: Track is from TOCA 1

Last edited:
hi @GIBBONS I like your C5 Z06, nice detail to change the steering wheel, looks good that C6 part, the car I think is really good, but I found a 3d or dummie problem, if you see the front wheels, a red 3d artifact is appearing through the brake disc, please see the picture, I hope you can fix it, meanwhile, I just can say: Thank You!
Screenshot_corvette_c5_z06_gib_topgear_18-11-120-23-21-40.jpg

Otherwise, as long as cars with some suspension travel, lighter cars, cars with proper aero etc have not much AI issues in all of my testing. Try slower cars? I have done many 4 lap races with full grid without issues.

It is not Freeroam. :rolleyes: It is race. As I said previously: tested several cars, fast and slow.
Anyway, don't worry. 👍

Cams for Thruxton
Doesn´t overwrite existing cams.
Have Fun.
Hi ! :)
I was waiting for these cams since... You began again here and with a huge talent to make them.
Did my intimate thought was so loud that You did them !? :embarrassed: :bowdown:
Thank you so much, the track could be considered not on some actual levels encountered here but, for who likes "Big Heart" tracks, It will do the trick, FAST ! ;)

Thruxton on Race Department
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/thruxton.6192/

tx_sf1-jpg.92223

Tracks Skins UK "BTCC 2019" (including Thruxton) by @PepperoniAC24 with the help of @safi hellie

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/btcc-2019-track-skin-bundle.32126/

screenshot_btcc_audi_rs3_thruxton_7-5-120-9-11-49-jpg.370318

Picture by @safi hellie

Cheers ! :cheers:

Last edited:
Also any chance of you revisiting the Aston V8 Vantage (1977)? Think it was just the rims were too big.

The Aston Martin will be released in the future, but I'm afraid you'll have to be patient. I'm on car 807 out of 1,963 in terms of my exterior reworks and once they're complete, then physics and finishing touches will be applied across the board, then the Aston will be released along with hundreds more reworked cars. If I stop to complete each car that's requested it'll slow my work to a crawl, just be patient and you'll be rewarded...

hi @GIBBONS I like your C5 Z06, nice detail to change the steering wheel, looks good that C6 part, the car I think is really good, but I found a 3d or dummie problem, if you see the front wheels, a red 3d artifact is appearing through the brake disc, please see the picture, I hope you can fix it, meanwhile, I just can say: Thank You!View attachment 979093

I'm glad you like the steering wheel but I actually didn't touch that so thank the original authors! :lol:

I didn't notice the suspension clipping until you pointed it out but good spot. As mentioned in my original post, I'm not going to go back and edit the model, however the issue is easily fixed by editing the ext_config.ini in the car's extension folder, just add the following lines and save, that'll hide the offending objects in game (although they'll still be visible in the showrooms):

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_0]
ACTIVE=1
FILE=corvette_c5_z06_gib.kn5
HIDE=_$$3DSimED$$__009

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_1]
ACTIVE=1
FILE=corvette_c5_z06_gib.kn5
HIDE=_$$3DSimED$$__027

RMI you have been a madlad with these and what track is it that was from TOCA 1?

Hi All.
Does anybody know if there is a 1996 Porsche Joest LMP car anywhere or a Courage C36. Many thanks.

I can answer that with a nice answer: no. There is currently no C36 or WSC 95 that has been released yet.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back