- 2,565

- Helsinki
I see SD changed some wording... previous statement blamed 1 individual, it seemed, for the actual content ripping+selling ... which has been going on for years. (the current wording makes it seem like 2 people might be responsible for the "takedowns")
TBH, SD has/is only1-2 people anyway. Glad to see they say it will "change".
note: since it is a 3D scan, the "road" will contain the crown and cambers from the scan, now wont it?
| <--- a wall (a perpendicular vertical thing)
_ <--- a road (a parallel horizontal thing)
~ <--- a different thing (mostly natural landscape thing)
I had thought this was quite obvious to all who is paying actual attention to the topic discussed
TBH, SD has/is only1-2 people anyway. Glad to see they say it will "change".
this was quite a general statement by me, as obviously roads are not FLAT, as you say. I was on about how to discern different material/planes to basic mesh splitting ideas/techniques for a photometric model.Roads are almost never flat. They are cambered (i.e., curved or crowned) for drainage. A totally flat road in a sim is an immersion-breaker for me.
note: since it is a 3D scan, the "road" will contain the crown and cambers from the scan, now wont it?
| <--- a wall (a perpendicular vertical thing)
_ <--- a road (a parallel horizontal thing)
~ <--- a different thing (mostly natural landscape thing)
I had thought this was quite obvious to all who is paying actual attention to the topic discussed
Last edited: