Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,792 comments
kinda sorta sideways related, has anyone laid their hands on a 3080TI yet? and does it add enough punch to get ACC actually running smoothly in VR?

(on my rig i9 9900kf / 64GB / 2080TI I have to move everything to medium and low to get 90fps on my Vive, and AC actually looks better and performs better in VR than ACC)

I'm shocked the hit is so big. I havent moved into VR racing just yet, was thinking of picking one up later this year, currently on triple screens, I9-9900K, 32gb, 1080ti, and run constant 150+fps on monitors. Im assuming my hit will be pretty huge considering your specs?!? haha

I've been trying to get the NFS Underground 2 map to work, but it's not playing ball with me.

Normally I'm on CSP 0.1.68, not using Sol, and it just gives me "Race cancelled". The track loads but as soon as you start to drive it would crash.
Upgraded to CSP 0.1.73, no Sol, still crash.
Installed Sol 2.1 for the first time, followed all the instructions in the pdf including recommended Content Manager settings, still crash. Worse, all other tracks (even vanilla Kunos ones) also crash now.
Scrubbed every trace of CSP and Sol, and reinstalled CSP 0.1.68 (no Sol). Now other tracks work again but the NFS map still refuses to load.
I can run big cruising maps like Shuto and LA Canyons and they all load fine, so I'm more inclined to think the problem is with the map and not with my system/settings.

I'm out of ideas now. Posted it in their discord too but who knows if they'll fix it. People say I'm weird for not using CSP/Sol to its full ability, but it's issues like this that makes it more troublesome than worth in my opinion :indiff: Doesn't matter how much eye candy you have when you can't even drive a meter.

Link in discord in video description. I'd love to post a direct link here but author explicitly said not to and I don't wanna risk a ban.

Last edited:
I've been trying to get the NFS Underground 2 map to work, but it's not playing ball with me.

Normally I'm on CSP 0.1.68, not using Sol, and it just gives me "Race cancelled". The track loads but as soon as you start to drive it would crash.
Upgraded to CSP 0.1.73, no Sol, still crash.
Installed Sol 2.1 for the first time, followed all the instructions in the pdf including recommended Content Manager settings, still crash. Worse, all other tracks (even vanilla Kunos ones) also crash now.
Scrubbed every trace of CSP and Sol, and reinstalled CSP 0.1.68 (no Sol). Now other tracks work again but the NFS map still refuses to load.
I can run big cruising maps like Shuto and LA Canyons and they all load fine, so I'm more inclined to think the problem is with the map and not with my system/settings.

I'm out of ideas now. Posted it in their discord too but who knows if they'll fix it. People say I'm weird for not using CSP/Sol to its full ability, but it's issues like this that makes it more troublesome than worth in my opinion :indiff: Doesn't matter how much eye candy you have when you can't even drive a meter.

Link in discord in video description. I'd love to post a direct link here but author explicitly said not to and I don't wanna risk a ban.

You're probably right about it being broken, the map is a very early WIP build and I also gave up on it seconds after trying. It might be amazing one day, but now... eh... As for the SOL/CSP stuff - I've had 0 issues running the latest versions of both, it takes approximately 20 minutes to set up if you follow the guides exactly, and then it's done until the next major update.

I'm shocked the hit is so big. I havent moved into VR racing just yet, was thinking of picking one up later this year, currently on triple screens, I9-9900K, 32gb, 1080ti, and run constant 150+fps on monitors. Im assuming my hit will be pretty huge considering your specs?!? haha
I am using a 1080ti in VR and I am totally happy both in AC with all the toppings and also in ACC, both run very well everything on ultra.

Last edited:
Captura.png

I had no idea how to do this, really, I asked you and you did not answer hhahahah I have been looking online for a tutorial or something, and I could not find anything, because I have gone to the map folder, I have looked at the files, and Now if I know where everything is, I already know how to duplicate the map and change the description, sometimes it is better to start doing things than to look how it is done, it took less time.

Edit

Oh and now that I know how to do it, I'm going to change the name of the map, and the photo, that of acp in the name doesn't look pretty. But I like the name of Quattro for this map hahaha

By the way, in my head is to make three different layouts for this map.

1 - full cruise, it is already completed, but it is not in two directions, it is anti-clockwise, but the cars change roads constantly, it is a path of + 100km ai line.

2- Vintage race, using only the forest area

3 - For drifters, a two-way car loop in the touge area.

Last edited:
Yeah, me too... :)
As @bflorezr, @CrisT86 and imo a few others mentioned too, I personally have no problem with @__ easy__´s encrypted tracks, apart from the fact that I have lost interest in helping to improve these encrypted tracks a little bit. :boggled:

I deleted his old tracks or just ignored the new ones. :indiff:
All of this said after he had "updated" some tracks from Zwiss, others or even some of my previously revised tracks and simply removed all previous credits, which is really kind of "weird" considering that he immediately got on with his own stuff Encryption is gone after trying to help improve it. :odd:

The reason for this was that, after all, it was "his" tracks that were being modified and that he should be asked for permission beforehand!
And as mentioned before from some others too, none of these tracks are "his" own scratch made ones. There are based on the work other ones made before.
For me, it was felt, as others have already said, he seems to get the "new" gilles75 ... :(

Anyway, I don't want to start the next discussion on encryption in the mod scene. Everyone should do as he thinks he should. But I take my consequences of this, like some other s too.
But ok, I better stop. :cool:

Just one more thing I don't understand. After trying to improve something for Buskerud and posting it here, I joined his Discord channel last October and tried to explain to him that some of his conversions could be improved too. But unfortunately I got no interest at all. This here for example: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2212#post-13346421
It's Machwerk´67...

In the end, I just implemented it for myself and not for the community, what I feel sad off.

In the meantime he has updated a few things himself on that track, but still a long way from what I had done myself more than a half year ago. :boggled:
Anyway, if desired, I always try to help and give the community a benefit. I also benefit from a lot of what it gives me. :)
So if unencrypted tracks can benefit from my improvements, and these are wanted, always welcome ... :)

I don't refuse to be helped, I just ask to be contacted to add the improvements directly in my update, and not to make a separate version, the person will be added to the credit, but I prefer by my discord that forum is too messy.

and if you have any improvement for Machwerk'67 I'll add them yes, if I encrypted the tracks it's because they don't contact me, but if it's in the rules of mutual help I don't mind

Yup, strange as well because visually AMS2 for example is graphically great and runs buttery smooth, on my rig on maxxed graphics in ACC i can eek out 55-65FPS on the Vive, I managed to lay my hands on a 3080 for my son and gave it a go and that improved to 75-80, but still a far way to go to get the 90fps the vive wants to run at so frame blending kicks in and seasickness follows shortly after. the 3080ti spec looks like it might just have enough grunt to make the 90fps.

To get a smooth 90fps on the current setup i have to dial back texture a lot, and call in LODs/Trees distance, and especially shadows wreak havok with FPS. If you can live without mirrors it helps a lot to rurn them off. -OR- just rin with far smaller grids 10 or less also helps and avoid rain/mist, but, that kind of defeats the purpose.

UE5 apparently will solve these issues (we hope)

kinda sorta sideways related, has anyone laid their hands on a 3080TI yet? and does it add enough punch to get ACC actually running smoothly in VR?

(on my rig i9 9900kf / 64GB / 2080TI I have to move everything to medium and low to get 90fps on my Vive, and AC actually looks better and performs better in VR than ACC)

Barely enough to reach 90fps and only in ideal situations, but since it's able to go above 45fps in any situation, I'd say it works very well.

Barely enough to reach 90fps and only in ideal situations, but since it's able to go above 45fps in any situation, I'd say it works very well.
maybe Im missing some settings in stemVR then on the frame smoothing to get it not making me queesy? What settings are you using?

maybe Im missing some settings in stemVR then on the frame smoothing to get it not making me queesy? What settings are you using?

I'm not sure if ASW is an oculus thing or not. But AC and ACC basically requires ASW to be playable, since no hardware is able to keep up at 90fps+

@slider666 @CrisT86 @ApexVGear et al RE:Valerbanen

Sorry about that cockup, I didn't realise Slider had done .kn5 changes so the resulting config from Cris didn't seem to work, so I quickly merged configs.

I'll revisit this and do a proper job.

It's understandable that things got a little out of "sync" on this track. No apologies necessary since I know you do a lot for the community.

I've installed your 6/3 version, and then swapped out the two files that Silder666 provided in the download in this post, and it looks good again. I think he combined CrisT86's extension with his. So it may be as easy adding his two files to your mod file and double-checking everything.

I'm not sure if ASW is an oculus thing or not. But AC and ACC basically requires ASW to be playable, since no hardware is able to keep up at 90fps+
ypu that oculus specific, but SteamVR has motion smoothing, (its incantation), ive tried several settings to see if i can make my brain like the low framerate but unfortunately not to be.

any guru's with SOL know hoiw we can can get positional "intermittent" fog/mist ? In forza its faked out and always in the same position, the weather update to ams2 today I think hits that nail on the head, if you starta track in early morning you get intermittent/variable fog/mist in patches across the track. I think a clip probably explaions what I mean a bit better. (Apologies I think its hard to see in the clip, maybe h264 compression is averaging it out, its more distinct in game) but scrub the clip from top of the hill then down the hill, and you will see fine patches of of it, in lap2 they are in different places so its like low cloud moving?

Can this be done in SOL?

Last edited:
Have you tried this fix?

kifJ9LM.png

Not sure I'll have to check. All i know is that single player Ill get anywhere from 90fps+ upwards depending on car & track, but with online league stuff it normally settles around 70ish.

Hi guys, I'm trying to find a download for the Bilster Berg track. Can anyone please help me out with that?

The only version that I know of which everyone should have is like a v0.8 beta which isnt "raceable" because the creator didn't want it improved as he built track for raceroom. Track definitely needs some improvements, perhaps @Jimlloyd or someone can work on upgrading it? Or better yet, convert it from raceroom

Never got an email, as a former customer who meets all of their requirements for 1st period pre-order I am pretty annoyed. But it is what it is... Fanatec has always had some of the worst Customer Support.

Sorry to hear that. I ordered a Podium DD2 on Tuesday, got it yesterday (looking at it as I write this). Then, today I got the email about preordering this! Thought that was kind of funny, like I'm going to replace my Podium with this?

Last edited:
Does anyone have a working link for the Willow Springs track from GT Sport? The link in the track list text file that i downloaded just sends me straight into a "File Not Found" page.

any guru's with SOL know hoiw we can can get positional "intermittent" fog/mist ? In forza its faked out and always in the same position, the weather update to ams2 today I think hits that nail on the head, if you starta track in early morning you get intermittent/variable fog/mist in patches across the track. I think a clip probably explaions what I mean a bit better. (Apologies I think its hard to see in the clip, maybe h264 compression is averaging it out, its more distinct in game) but scrub the clip from top of the hill then down the hill, and you will see fine patches of of it, in lap2 they are in different places so its like low cloud moving?

Can this be done in SOL?

Yeah I asked Peterboese the same question 2 months ago on his discord channel. He said it should be possible but little complicated, he was thinking about it too but I doubt we will see this in the near future.. Sadly. BTW the implementation in ams 2 doesent apper too great for me, but its a start...

Last edited:
It's understandable that things got a little out of "sync" on this track. No apologies necessary since I know you do a lot for the community.

I've installed your 6/3 version, and then swapped out the two files that Silder666 provided in the download in this post, and it looks good again. I think he combined CrisT86's extension with his. So it may be as easy adding his two files to your mod file and double-checking everything.

if you want @GzeroD i can take a look

Can this be done in SOL?

With the new Sol Planner app in Sol 2.1, you can set "fog" weather on sunset. You can even set a "fog" or "humidity" level, for every "slot" in that new dynamic weather creation tool. And further the fog level is also calculated after rain. So if humidity was high and temps are high after it was raining, fog appears because of the fast evaporation. Its all part of Sol Planner app.

RELEASED
BAKU CITY CIRCUIT 2021 Azerbaijan GP
CLOSE AS I CAN GET IT BASED ON PRACTICE FOOTAGE (will keep tweaking over the weekend if I find solutions to some errors)
WAS NOT A BIG FAN OF THIS TRACK BUT HAVING PUT SOME PROPER LAPS IN HAVE GROWN TO LOVE IT.
SKIN BASED ON BAKU_2019 VERSION OF CIRCUIT (no I can't alter turn 8 to new wider alternative)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a07u7anncr6om3i/baku_2019.rar/file

View attachment 1015111 View attachment 1015112 View attachment 1015113 View attachment 1015114 View attachment 1015115 View attachment 1015116 View attachment 1015117 View attachment 1015118 View attachment 1015120 View attachment 1015121 View attachment 1015122 View attachment 1015123 View attachment 1015124 View attachment 1015125 View attachment 1015126
I love this track, but i found few problems:
  1. after the castle turn, on the left, there is an invisible wall
  2. almost all the turns can be cutted, and it makes impossible to use it online
  3. after turn 15, on the right side, there is a hole that runs through the entire wall

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back