PC Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Thom Lee, Apr 28, 2014.

1. r3b3ld3

r3b3ld3

[​IMG]

Something cool incomming

2. MrB00

MrB00

3. yanki

yanki

Tbh, it is very disappointing. They teased this skin like an RSS mod and it looks simple imo. I am not an expert but it think it looks horrendous. I respect the effort though. (I might not be popular for this, but i don't give a flying ****.)

Caddy_DPi and kimiraik like this.
  4. DiscoveryJoke

DiscoveryJoke

It's written in the description on RD and in my previous post, I used GuiihRamos skin with a lot of modification time, or is the concern, the result will be the same, I'm just sharing ...

5. Masscot

Masscot

The wait to see a picture of a car? Thanks... I guess.
    (I wasn't aware I was actually waiting for anything at all to be honest, but then again these clever viral marketing campaigns are often far too subtle for my caveman brain).

Fall Guy, DK, xezez and 17 others like this.
  6. MrB00

MrB00

But that doesn't answer my question of whether you got permission to "modify" someone else's skin. If I make a skin and you then take it and change it and upload it as your's without asking me isn't that a little bit rude?
    As I say sorry if i'm getting the wrong end of the stick here.

7. TheRealCeeBee

TheRealCeeBee

Oval track racing.. what am I missing, because there are heaps of oval tracks, but, i just tried a few in races, and, well, after 3 laps i was falling asleep from boredom, with BOP cars the field, position essentially remains exactly the same as no cornering skill or agression make any difference, its like a merry go round of tedium.. is there a specific kind of car this gets exciting in? what is the draw?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021 at 11:12 AM
    ApexVGear and Real Toonces like this.
  8. DiscoveryJoke

DiscoveryJoke

Did the modified kunos cars have an authorization before being modified? and what the creator of Content Manager has permission from Kunos to modified AC? does everyone have permission to modify? i spent several hours and several days changed everything, i can delete everything, that's not a problem ...

browser likes this.
  9. Masscot

Masscot

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I've never got oval racing either, but it does seem very popular with people whose father is also their brother (how's that for efficiency?).
    Ditto with drifting, I just cannot see the attraction of driving around in circles while looking through the side window.
    Maybe it's me. I also think Monaco is the worst Grand Prix and that there are far too many 911, M4 and RX7 mods for Assetto Corsa... and I l-o-v-e RX7s.
    Oh well, live and let live. Whatever makes people happy and keeps them off the streets.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021 at 11:19 AM
  10. SgtKanyo

SgtKanyo

TheAdmiester likes this.
  11. marchetti87

marchetti87

This is my collection of ACC cars. Is there any missing? Please, if one is missing, tell me which one.

[​IMG]

Twisteddrift and ClaudioWRC74 like this.
  12. MrB00

MrB00

Ok you didn't get permission - why not just say you stole someone else's hard work and changed a few small things to create your own "livery".

And your attitude is that it's ok if you steal one of my skins and change a number and colour the roof and upload it as your own? please don't and next time ask before modifying someone else's hard work.

13. TheRealCeeBee

TheRealCeeBee

Well.. if you need practice turning left that's pretty good I think..

I'm googling it and it looks like motorised strategy, planning fuel and drafting etc. So like lenans but with only left turns.

Drifting.. I don't get it either and I'm pissed I can't do it because I don't have a handbrake on the rig.. I already have a singlet, a backwards cap for my sunnies, and my kids taught me how to say "fully sik brah" ;)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021 at 11:28 AM
    Stoempertje, Fanapryde and Masscot like this.
  14. yanki

yanki

Just leave it... It will go on forever. He won't change. Thanks for standing up for it though.

abtdubz, AidenT0653, Sam12H and 2 others like this.
  15. RMi_wood

RMi_wood

Technically, CM/CSP does not "modify" Kunos content at all. Not even a little bit.

You might want to get your facts straight before you embarrass yourself further.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021 at 11:38 AM
  16. StoffelWaffle

StoffelWaffle

Yeah it's not even a good port lmao. But it'll do while waiting for Patrik's cars

Gabriele likes this.
  17. TMLM

TMLM

I watched the Indy500 the other week and I have to say that that race was so much more fun to watch than the Monaco Grand Prix (except for that one bit of racing we did not get to see because we got Stroll'd).

I just had to google what a singlet is...
    Do drifting people wear those and caps backwards? I do wear a cap backwards almost anytime I go out, but neither do I enjoy drifting nor do I like those singlets :lol:

racealot likes this.
  18. BrainsBush

BrainsBush

nvm...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021 at 11:47 AM
    DiscoveryJoke likes this.
  19. MrB00

MrB00

Yeah it just gets my goat when people do this and think it's ok and then try to justify it with crappy reasons. But you are right - peeps won't change :(

20. OooAhh Cantona

OooAhh Cantona

thunder72fr likes this.
  21. Brilli Peri

Brilli Peri

I was once told that oval racing is about racing the other cars and not the track. Yes of course it's boring to go around in circles by yourself but once you get hooked into a 3- or a 10 way battle for position that lasts for an hour then its gets spicier. You really have to pay attention driving at the limit on an assymetrical setup not just because they get loose but also because if you lose the slipstream of a pack you won't catch up without a safety car. Tyre wear is a bigger stakes proposition above 300km/h average speed too.

The special events in iracing - like their indy500 - probably make a better case for oval racing than anything in Assetto... especially if you are racing against the AI.

22. TimLotus

TimLotus

It's an age thing I'm sure. My opinions of the above accord exactly with yours, but I have just started a newish biography of Jack Brabham and the descriptions of Australian speedway in the late 40s/early 50s do make it sound an enticing spectacle, partly because it was dangerous, but much more because Jack's talent for fast driving in inferior machinery must have made the races he won pretty exciting. And it is of course true that Jim Clark's talent for trail-braking was one of the reasons he was so fast at Indianapolis, because with his trail braking technique came a super smooth early turn-in. But ovals in sims don't do much for me. I would like to try an online NASCAR race with a really big field one day though.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021 at 1:08 PM
    racealot, Real Toonces and Masscot like this.
  23. DavidDGA

DavidDGA

I've been waiting for Alcañiz so long:bowdown:

kimiraik and Riky_Sim like this.
  24. r3b3ld3

r3b3ld3

The conversion is already done, just need to add the race elements and the ai

Pues ya está hecho ;) sólo falta preparalo para la ia y ya está, para esta noche lo tendré

25. m3gt2

m3gt2

what are these bentleys? one i guess is the recent one, and the second 2018? isn't this 2018 was not finished yet at all?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021 at 2:37 PM
  26. sickopaul

sickopaul

trying to glue this object down onto the surface, but it's not working, any clue? also, glueing the other line, some sections go under the surface (which i don't want)

Screenshot (133).png

27. ClaudioWRC74

ClaudioWRC74

I have facebook but cannot access the group's page to make a request so a big thank you to you for sharing the link !!!!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021 at 3:08 PM
    Natan5 likes this.
  28. Real Toonces

Real Toonces

In real life, oval-track racing...well, NASCAR...is a lot more interesting, both in the stands and in the cockpit, than oval-track racing is in any simulation I've seen. Maybe with a full, six-degrees-of-motion animated cockpit it could capture the thrill of rubbin'-is-racing, but absent that, not so much.

Edit: No, no! I got it wrong! I mean road-racing is a lot more interesting, IRL, as a spectator or in a sim than almost any variation of going around in counterclockwise circles. Sorry, dat ol' dyslexia got me...again!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021 at 12:32 AM
    racealot and TimLotus like this.
  29. Mike08

Mike08

any 2021 news on London?

i did some barrier, trees, other .. texture tweaks/changes ages ago:
    https://we.tl/t-Za5bvbc9Ir

Screenshot_idp5th_rx7_fd_keisuke_london_11-5-121-16-20-52.jpg

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021 at 3:22 PM
  30. marchetti87

marchetti87

I found it in a pack, but the download link is down.

I got it from my PC and uploaded here: https://sharemods.com/sy3o7mpktx3m/bentley_continental_gt3_18_acc.rar.html

I don't have more information about this mod, I just know it's well done. Maybe someone here knows more about him...

[​IMG]

The other mod was released here recently.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021 at 3:29 PM