Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,791 comments
Oval track racing.. what am I missing, because there are heaps of oval tracks, but, i just tried a few in races, and, well, after 3 laps i was falling asleep from boredom, with BOP cars the field, position essentially remains exactly the same as no cornering skill or agression make any difference, its like a merry go round of tedium.. is there a specific kind of car this gets exiting in? what is the draw?
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I've never got oval racing either, but it does seem very popular with people whose father is also their brother (how's that for efficiency?).
Ditto with drifting, I just cannot see the attraction of driving around in circles while looking through the side window.
Maybe it's me. I also think Monaco is the worst Grand Prix and that there are far too many 911, M4 and RX7 mods for Assetto Corsa... and I l-o-v-e RX7s.
Oh well, live and let live. Whatever makes people happy and keeps them off the streets.

Last edited:
This is my collection of ACC cars. Is there any missing? Please, if one is missing, tell me which one.

20210611.png

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I've never got oval racing either, but it does seem very popular with people whose father is also their brother (how's that for efficiency?).
Ditto with drifting, I just cannot see the attraction of driving around in circles while looking through the side window.
Maybe it's me. I also think Monaco is the worst Grand Prix and that there are far too many 911, M4 and RX7 mods for Assetto Corsa... and I l-o-v-e RX7s.
Oh well, live and let live. Whatever makes people happy and keeps them off the streets.
Well.. if you need practice turning left that's pretty good I think..

I'm googling it and it looks like motorised strategy, planning fuel and drafting etc. So like lenans but with only left turns.

Drifting.. I don't get it either and I'm pissed I can't do it because I don't have a handbrake on the rig.. I already have a singlet, a backwards cap for my sunnies, and my kids taught me how to say "fully sik brah" ;)

Last edited:
Ok you didn't get permission - why not just say you stole someone else's hard work and changed a few small things to create your own "livery".

And your attitude is that it's ok if you steal one of my skins and change a number and colour the roof and upload it as your own? please don't and next time ask before modifying someone else's hard work.

Just leave it... It will go on forever. He won't change. Thanks for standing up for it though.

Did the modified kunos cars have an authorization before being modified? and what the creator of Content Manager has permission from Kunos to modified AC? does everyone have permission to modify? i spent several hours and several days changed everything, i can delete everything, that's not a problem ...

Technically, CM/CSP does not "modify" Kunos content at all. Not even a little bit.

You might want to get your facts straight before you embarrass yourself further.

Last edited:
I also think Monaco is the worst Grand Prix
I watched the Indy500 the other week and I have to say that that race was so much more fun to watch than the Monaco Grand Prix (except for that one bit of racing we did not get to see because we got Stroll'd).

I already have a singlet, a backwards cap for my sunnies, and my kids taught me how to say "fully sik brah" ;)
I just had to google what a singlet is...
Do drifting people wear those and caps backwards? I do wear a cap backwards almost anytime I go out, but neither do I enjoy drifting nor do I like those singlets :lol:

I was once told that oval racing is about racing the other cars and not the track. Yes of course it's boring to go around in circles by yourself but once you get hooked into a 3- or a 10 way battle for position that lasts for an hour then its gets spicier. You really have to pay attention driving at the limit on an assymetrical setup not just because they get loose but also because if you lose the slipstream of a pack you won't catch up without a safety car. Tyre wear is a bigger stakes proposition above 300km/h average speed too.

The special events in iracing - like their indy500 - probably make a better case for oval racing than anything in Assetto... especially if you are racing against the AI.

It's an age thing I'm sure. My opinions of the above accord exactly with yours, but I have just started a newish biography of Jack Brabham and the descriptions of Australian speedway in the late 40s/early 50s do make it sound an enticing spectacle, partly because it was dangerous, but much more because Jack's talent for fast driving in inferior machinery must have made the races he won pretty exciting. And it is of course true that Jim Clark's talent for trail-braking was one of the reasons he was so fast at Indianapolis, because with his trail braking technique came a super smooth early turn-in. But ovals in sims don't do much for me. I would like to try an online NASCAR race with a really big field one day though.

Last edited:
This is my collection of ACC cars. Is there any missing? Please, if one is missing, tell me which one.

20210611.png
what are these bentleys? one i guess is the recent one, and the second 2018? isn't this 2018 was not finished yet at all?

Last edited:
trying to glue this object down onto the surface, but it's not working, any clue? also, glueing the other line, some sections go under the surface (which i don't want)

Screenshot (133).png

I was once told that oval racing is about racing the other cars and not the track. Yes of course it's boring to go around in circles by yourself but once you get hooked into a 3- or a 10 way battle for position that lasts for an hour then its gets spicier. You really have to pay attention driving at the limit on an assymetrical setup not just because they get loose but also because if you lose the slipstream of a pack you won't catch up without a safety car. Tyre wear is a bigger stakes proposition above 300km/h average speed too.

The special events in iracing - like their indy500 - probably make a better case for oval racing than anything in Assetto... especially if you are racing against the AI.

In real life, oval-track racing...well, NASCAR...is a lot more interesting, both in the stands and in the cockpit, than oval-track racing is in any simulation I've seen. Maybe with a full, six-degrees-of-motion animated cockpit it could capture the thrill of rubbin'-is-racing, but absent that, not so much.

Edit: No, no! I got it wrong! I mean road-racing is a lot more interesting, IRL, as a spectator or in a sim than almost any variation of going around in counterclockwise circles. Sorry, dat ol' dyslexia got me...again!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Oval track racing.. what am I missing, because there are heaps of oval tracks, but, i just tried a few in races, and, well, after 3 laps i was falling asleep from boredom, with BOP cars the field, position essentially remains exactly the same as no cornering skill or agression make any difference, its like a merry go round of tedium.. is there a specific kind of car this gets exciting in? what is the draw?

I'm a strictly road course racer but for a laugh I've decided to setup a mini Championship with some (tri)oval tracks and trying it all out has surprised me with how addictive it is. Doing fast ovals where you never have to lift is a bit dull but things like Charlotte and Kentucky where you have to lift/brake it is incredibly satisfying when you see your delta go green by 0.001s, scrub off a little too much mid bend and see your delta go red, little slide on the way out and down it goes more. You also get great a great tow from the guys in front which you then have to adjust for when you're lifting/braking. I tried the 2020 Xfinity cars, the RSS car and settled on the 90s Cup cars (Days of Thunder style) which are hilarious fun. Unfortunately the AI are completely pants and the physics is a bit off but for running around in a Time Attack/Fastest Lap or online with mates it's much more where it's at.

Oh and it gives you neck ache as you can't help but lean to the left while on the banking and my right forearm kills me for a week afterwards!

Last edited:
Paul Ricard 2021 :) 👍 !!!!

20210611.png
Bentley 2019 and M6 GT3 (Guerilla mod)

Capture.JPG

BMW M6 GT3 ACC model here : guerilla mods forum https://guerilla-mods.de/forum/topic/bmw-m6-gt3/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a strictly road course racer but for a laugh I've decided to setup a mini Championship with some (tri)oval tracks and trying it all out has surprised me with how addictive it is. Doing fast ovals where you never have to lift is a bit dull but things like Charlotte and Kentucky where you have to lift/brake it is incredibly satisfying when you see your delta go green by 0.001s, scrub off a little too much mid bend and see your delta go red, little slide on the way out and down it goes more. You also get great a great tow from the guys in front which you then have to adjust for when you're lifting/braking. I tried the 2020 Xfinity cars, the RSS car and settled on the 90s Cup cars (Days of Thunder style) which are hilarious fun. Unfortunately the AI are completely pants and the physics is a bit off but for running around in a Time Attack/Fastest Lap or online with mates it's much more where it's at.

Oh and it gives you neck ache as you can't help but lean to the left while on the banking and my right forearm kills me for a week afterwards!

For fun oval Racing i can suggest you Rfactor 2...
There are tons of oval tracks and it has flying starts and proper oval physics.
On AC i found only about 3-4 tracks that work fine

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back