Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,999 comments
Finally a WIP video of the 64km² map. Let's call it North Island for now... ^^

Copy of the video sub text:
This is a first work in progress, I mainly tried to create a workflow that suit the scope of the project.
It is a very early show : it's buggy, empty and unpolished, BUT it still start to looks like something that could work.
o what you see here is more than 20km hillclimb to the top of the main mountain that features an astronomical observatory. For comparison think it's roughly the same size as the Pikes Peak hillclimb... So not so bad.

What's next? First I will adress the most important : since it is a monumental task, my plan is to have this hillclimb released for free (with upgrade other time of course) and have the full island setting behind a patreon, with a new road/point of interest added every month. Then when it's completed, moving one to the next open world map!

With that out of the way, next video will probably features a nice Town and a huge suspended bridge that will be the access point from the continent... So stay tuned next month ;-)

Tell me what you think of the plan and the WIP so far. 👍

I'd really appreciate if the final island isn't behind a paywall (patreon is ok for the meantime, to give people advanced previews of all the different roads). But maybe I've been spoiled by Union Island and High Force (both high quality, massive free roam maps and are all free).

Anyway, it's your track so it's not up for me to say how much your work should be valued. I'll be looking forward to the end product either way 👍

Last edited:
Ok, so I have question: if I want to exclude the body of a car from the vao generating process, how to do it? Just make the text file mentioned in the readme of the program that I'm using, and add --skip= nodes name (by the way, where do I find the nodes?) or something else?
Use the Object Inspector, highlight the mesh you want to exclude, click on it in the box to copy mesh name to the clipboard, then paste it to the skip argument line.

Anyone else has issues with saving replays on Tokyo R246? My replays only go up to a minute or so and it stops.
I just tested it for you. I was able to watch longer replays on Tokyo R246 without any problems. So there seems to be no general problem with the track. 🤷‍♂️

I just tested it for you. I was able to watch longer replays on Tokyo R246 without any problems. So there seems to be no general problem with the track. 🤷‍♂️
I have issues with long races replays, seems fine in practice and track day.

I have issues with long races replays, seems fine in practice and track day.
How big is your Replay buffer (in settings)? Some tracks, with lots of movable objects (cones and the like) fill the buffer very quickly - if your buffer is small it may just be getting full with a grid of cars hitting cones or similar?

1635740426808.png

I have here the track " Autumn Ring Mini". Unfortunately, for some reason I can not implement GrassFX. Does anyone have something or can help me there? Strangely, GrassFX is no problem with the larger variant "Autumn Ring". 🤷‍♂️
Same problems for me too. Fortunately there is another version of Autumn Ring avaiable, that has 4 different layouts including Mini. I have no problems with GrassFX on this version.

Autumn Ring with 4 layouts: https://sharemods.com/zkk43s26bbc7/autumnring.7z.html

Extension dir by racealot with GrassFX and RainFX:

Attachments

• extension.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 26
Hi all,
I never drive in mod traffic. I watched this video on the new Pacific Coast v1.0 on RD.
Simple question how to drive in mod traffic with Content Manager ????

I looked on RD but the Pacific Coast traffic mod is not compatible with v1.0 ....

Last edited:
Hi all,
I never drive in mod traffic. I watched this video on the new Pacific Coast v1.0 on RD.

I suppose you will need the full (paid) version of this track to get the traffic layouts.

I suppose you will need the full (paid) version of this track to get the traffic layouts.
I looked on RD but the Pacific Coast traffic mod is not compatible with v1.0 ... from the same author

Last edited:
Full, but not paid. You can "purchase" it for 0 bucks in the store: https://phoenix-mods.sellfy.store/p/pacific-coast-extras-pack/
Hi all,

I looked on RD but the Pacific Coast traffic mod is not compatible with v1.0 ....

How to set up traffic:

Full, but not paid. You can "purchase" it for 0 bucks in the store: https://phoenix-mods.sellfy.store/p/pacific-coast-extras-pack/

How to set up traffic:

ah ok I now understand better for the traffic mod of Phoenix77 you have to buy the full version ... and for the other circuits you have to look for a traffic mod on RD that's right ???
is there a list of AI traffic links for all AC tours like Highlands, Pacific Coast, Canyon LA, Nordschleife, Transfogarasan .... ???
I found just this on RD :

thanks guys 👍

Last edited:
Good morning and happy holidays to you all.
Question is there a list of circuits with these file characteristics?
GrassFX and RainFX:
Many thanks.

If you Like small Tracks you really need to check Fuji Speed way shortcourse from DTM1120
This track is an example of a top Job Give the guy some love

View attachment 1091105View attachment 1091106View attachment 1091107View attachment 1091108View attachment 1091109View attachment 1091110View attachment 1091111View attachment 1091112View attachment 1091113View attachment 1091114View attachment 1091115View attachment 1091116View attachment 1091117
Hello, Do you have a link to download the Mégane 4 RS?

does anyone know how to fix the shadow issue where it seems to follow you and get darker as you go along?

i have this issue at the Alis Circuit (which is a very good circuit)

Attachments

• acs 2021-11-01 11-27-45.png
    acs 2021-11-01 11-27-45.png
    116.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
El Capitan, early WIP video. Some questions:
As seen in the video, track is drivable already. Theres a lot of work needed for the track to be a "release", mostly on decoration, but I think I might need feedback soon/ help with csp configs/ai lines/cameras.
Should I release a beta soon or wait until the track is more detailed? and maybe start making the videos public too.

If you Like small Tracks you really need to check Fuji Speed way shortcourse from DTM1120
This track is an example of a top Job Give the guy some love

View attachment 1091105View attachment 1091106View attachment 1091107View attachment 1091108View attachment 1091109View attachment 1091110View attachment 1091111View attachment 1091112View attachment 1091113View attachment 1091114View attachment 1091115View attachment 1091116View attachment 1091117
It would be nice if you hid the photo in the spoiler. Scrolling half a page is not very convenient.

How big is your Replay buffer (in settings)? Some tracks, with lots of movable objects (cones and the like) fill the buffer very quickly - if your buffer is small it may just be getting full with a grid of cars hitting cones or similar?

View attachment 1091076
No that doesn't seem to be the case, on a 10 lap or so race, the replay file should be around 2-300MB, each time after a race at R246, the replay files are only 20-30MB and is able to record about 1 minute of data. However, If I run a track day, it was able to record the entire session generating a replay file well over 200MB. IIRC there was no option to save the replay after the race in CM, I had to go to the media to search for the last autosave replay before I could manually save it.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back