- 44

- United States
Some requests of modders....
I really appreciate all the work modders do and (usually) give away, but there are a few things that would make it so much easier to manage AC content:
Some questions about force feedback and car mods.
I don't know anything about the mechanics of modelling and modding in AC, but I'm curios. I have noticed that some cars have good FFB and some don't. When you create a mod, are there specific FFB parameters that are part of the mod, or does bad FFB come from the physics modelling?
Thanks for considering.
I really appreciate all the work modders do and (usually) give away, but there are a few things that would make it so much easier to manage AC content:
- Name your files like Legion does, for example, "legion_lotus_51b_20210605.zip". That tells me who did the mod, what the car (or track) is, and, most importantly, what version I have.
- Put a README file in the archive with info about the sources, tools, updates, etc. you used. Not essential, but very nice to have.
- Proved contact info (doesn't have to be your real ID). This makes it easier for people to suggest changes, ask permission to use your work, etc.
- Add a license. Anything from "I don't care" to "only download from..." is better than nothing, but I suggest using one of the Creative Commons licenses.
Some questions about force feedback and car mods.
I don't know anything about the mechanics of modelling and modding in AC, but I'm curios. I have noticed that some cars have good FFB and some don't. When you create a mod, are there specific FFB parameters that are part of the mod, or does bad FFB come from the physics modelling?
Thanks for considering.
Last edited by a moderator: