- 21

- Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo
Having reviewed the comments about me 'stealing' the Jaguar 'D' Type from GTR2 I would like to inform the ill informed that no theft took place. The mod was already converted from GTR2 to AC and partially worked on when it was passed onto me by a very prominent modder. I was asked to finish the car. I hade no idea of its origins at the time. I later learned it was a GTR2 car, but confess I was negligent in never following up on the credits of those concerned for it's original creation. Five or six years ago mod piracy was at it's peak and no-one took much notice to adding credits where due. I have just joined GT Planet today to apologize to ChaosZeroJK for using his skins without permission.It's not the first time it has happened, people have been using our work from GTL/GTR2/rF1 since the day AC released, plenty of my stuff (the F1 1965 mod just to name one) was stolen and sold by SimDream and/or other scammers and claimed as theirs, Bazza has used (some, not much) stuff of mine and of other people as well in the past and the list goes on. I don't mind Bazza that much, he and Donnie (goes by SmallBlockHero, don't know if he's still active) used to be part of our various communities many years ago and they've been very open about where they source their stuff from, Rainmaker from this very same forum is another one that was around at the time as well and I remember him well; it's everybody else that should just walk off of a cliff.
In any case, this is the original full package of liveries that I made for the short nose version of the D-Type, covering the complete WSC history of the car, from 1954 to 1958. Given that some seem to be missing, might as well add them all and make a comprehensive package.
![]()
17.41 MB file on MEGA
mega.nz
You really must think that people are stupid. It is fairly obvious that whoever this "Velo" person is, acted in bad faith as in order to bring this car to AC they had to:
-Find the website
-Register an account because visitors can't see anything otherwise (and thus can't even search for anything like "D-Type")
-Find the mod
-Not spend even just 5 seconds to at least copy & paste the names of the original creators (myself and MG421982)
The original mod was only released on one (1) forum, unless you knew it existed, you wouldn't have known where to even start looking for it. Meaning, this sorry excuse of a "modder" Velo deliberately chose not to include any mention of this mod being a conversion stolen from us, even though it would've been fine to just credit us otherwise.
Because even by giving the benefit of the doubt and assuming that this Velo person went the long way around and somehow got his hands on the original raw assets from Simraceway, they still have had to complete the steps above to find my skins because they had not been released anywhere else. And in the same place where he found those, he also had to scroll past our names to get to the download link.
This is not at all like casually browsing Reddit or Telegram and clicking on random download links with little to no information as to who made what. If you download the skins from my Mega link above, you will find a .txt file paired to each skin indicating not just which race/year it competed in, but also contain my own name next to it. Which is just another example of doing it in bad faith.
I don't care what you do with my work in the sense that it's out of my hands the moment I release it and that goes for everybody making mods. But it's just sad and disrespectful to see your name being erased from your own work and for no good reason other than perhaps trying to hide where you got the stuff from and pass it off as your own.
All in all, that's all I've got to say. Have a pleasant day.
I do find it hypocritical that some of those on GT Planet take shots at me on a regular basis and willingly and without question support those that 'rework','update' or by any other name NEVER contact me for permission on mods that i have spent hours working on. I might not be or ever have been the 'best' modder out there but I am sure that my contribution to the AC community has been very consistent over the years. I do not expect any thanks for my efforts especially from GT Planet. I wish to apologize for transgressions re credits, even though this one was not primarily of my doing. I have updated the skin files on my website with the credits to ChaosZero within the skin folder.
I hope this is the end of the matter, but if there are further credits required please let me know.