Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,017 comments
How do you add a 'transparent' flag to internal glass?

you paint a shade of grey on your alpha channel that has to be the same size and position of the visible flag... the darker you make it, the more transparent it will look like.

. go to your channels in photoshop and see if there is an alpha 1 layer on the image... if so, paint on it.
If there is no alpha channel, make a new one and call it alpha 1 (but it should already be there, since it is a window) ... save the image as dds - interpolated DXT5

Hi – I’ve been a long time reader on this forum before deciding to post. So first of all, well done guys for the hard work you’re doing with mods.

@gladbecker82 I have a quick question for you, I really like the Oreca 07 you made a few weeks ago and was wondering, have you built it from scratch or used another model as basement?

Just wondering because I’d like to use also the other LMP2 (Dallara and Ligier) but I was wondering how they would match in terms of performance. Thanks!

you paint a shade of grey on your alpha channel that has to be the same size and position of the visible flag... the darker you make it, the more transparent it will look like.

. go to your channels in photoshop and see if there is an alpha 1 layer on the image... if so, paint on it.
If there is no alpha channel, make a new one and call it alpha 1 (but it should already be there, since it is a window) ... save the image as dds - interpolated DXT5
Ah, I was hoping to be able to add a transparency flag in Content Manager showroom. All of the other windows in this vehicle are fine except the passenger window, which is opaque purple. Can I copy properties from the driver side window maybe?
If I ping you the car would you mind taking a look please?

Hi – I’ve been a long time reader on this forum before deciding to post. So first of all, well done guys for the hard work you’re doing with mods.

@gladbecker82 I have a quick question for you, I really like the Oreca 07 you made a few weeks ago and was wondering, have you built it from scratch or used another model as basement?

Just wondering because I’d like to use also the other LMP2 (Dallara and Ligier) but I was wondering how they would match in terms of performance. Thanks!
The Oreca i think is based on the model ripped from Rfactor 2?. I tweaked stuff in the data files, like tyres aero, Engine etc till i had a realistic pace on both ai and myself.

When i do those new fixes etc i try to do it with my own skins etc.

Now sorting Legion's Blog by updated post date, so anything that gets changed should appear near the top of the page.
Hey @GzeroD , could you please always mark 'Legion' as the author on your mods? It'll make them easier to find. With some tracks I've got multiple layouts and it's not always obvious which ones are yours. Cheers!

Hi, i'm trying to make a mod of the VW Glof Clubsport but I'm not able to do the rim blur (I don't know how to do it also). Can the car be driven without it??
; Wheel blurring at speed is simulated by swapping 3D rims at different speeds. This file controls which object will have blur and at what speeds
; WHEEL INDEXES
; 0= LEFT FRONT
; 1= RIGHT FRONT
; 2= LEFT REAR
; 3= RIGHT REAR

[OBJECT_0]
WHEEL_INDEX=0
NAME=RIM_LF
MIN_SPEED=0
MAX_SPEED=40

[OBJECT_1]
WHEEL_INDEX=0
NAME=RIM_BLUR_LF
MIN_SPEED=40
MAX_SPEED=10000

[OBJECT_2]
WHEEL_INDEX=1
NAME=RIM_RF
MIN_SPEED=0
MAX_SPEED=40

[OBJECT_3]
WHEEL_INDEX=1
NAME=RIM_BLUR_RF
MIN_SPEED=40
MAX_SPEED=10000

[OBJECT_4]
WHEEL_INDEX=2
NAME=RIM_LR
MIN_SPEED=0
MAX_SPEED=40

[OBJECT_5]
WHEEL_INDEX=2
NAME=RIM_BLUR_LR
MIN_SPEED=40
MAX_SPEED=1000

[OBJECT_6]
WHEEL_INDEX=3
NAME=RIM_RR
MIN_SPEED=0
MAX_SPEED=40

[OBJECT_7]
WHEEL_INDEX=3
NAME=RIM_BLUR_RR
MIN_SPEED=40
MAX_SPEED=1000
Objects 0 to 7 are the four rims(blurred and un-blurred). You need 2 textures in every skin folder: rim texture and rim texture (blurred). For the start I would simply copy these files from other cars, but you probably have to rename them. If you want to add tire blur too, I guess you'll have to add more Objects to the blurred_objects.ini

Need help with a weird audio issue please chaps. It's affecting most of my cars. I don't know if it's always been there and I've just tuned into it (I don't think this is the case) but it's like a weird prolonged grinding gears noise, or tyre rubbing on wheel arch, or bodywork scraping the ground. Kind of sounds a bit like a cheap kid's toy machine gun, and seems worse when accelerating out of corners. It's not there all the time but happens under throttle, usually while turning the steering wheel.
It's driving me mad. I cannot unhear it.
Anyone else getting this? It's more noticeable using the 'windows down' option in the shader patch main setings.
I need to resolve it, it's incredibly annoying. It can last for a few seconds at a time.
It does it on SUV s too so I don't think it's a clearance/scraping/rubbing issue.
Help! Please!

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what the RSS Shadow is based on? I know its a Saleen but any more details? RSS's site says nothing on the car specifically (probably due to licencing), ty.

Now this is a nice first post, as opposed to "Hi, can I have links to this pay mod please?". :) Welcome to the group, make yourself at home and have fun hooning some virtual cars. :cheers:

Trial Mountain Circuit download guys :cheers:

Even the cat on the tree is there, the elevations are a bit much, but a lot of good memories on that track. The "deadnutseven" where are you?
2D54AD083014EDB0C580A94E7C1D7FAC7CDF49DF

This version is better that the one we had before, same track but the details have been edited, it is like a reworked version.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back