Just restart the session and they'll pull away fine.Does your version of 90s Thruxton have starting issues? Where a few cars wont leave the line at the start?
That worked for me, thank you so much!Just restart the session and they'll pull away fine.
A lot of us here are probably guilty of always wanting the newest cars to play with in Assetto Corsa, but drive a 36-car spec race around Thruxton in the original Kunos Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II and it's pretty much racing heaven. This is a car that I've criminally ignored for almost a decade. Shame on me.
Loads of skins for it on RD too.
The old dtm cars are some of the most underrated cars in AC. Hopefully lfm could use it along with the Audi TT cup/VLNJust restart the session and they'll pull away fine.
A lot of us here are probably guilty of always wanting the newest cars to play with in Assetto Corsa, but drive a 36-car spec race around Thruxton in the original Kunos Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II and it's pretty much racing heaven. This is a car that I've criminally ignored for almost a decade. Shame on me.
Loads of skins for it on RD too.
Sorry about this. I know I said the other day that I wasn't going to update this mod anymore unless @RacingSounds updated the track, but it was pointed out to me of a problem with the grandstands. If you did not use one of my included Grass track skins, the grandstands were not double sided and disappeared from certain angles. Since I never tested the track without one of the skins enabled, I never picked up on the problem. This update corrects that.With permission from @RacingSounds , I created a quick and not very good raceday layout for his excellent Zandvoort 2023 track. It was thrown together quickly so there are plenty of mistakes and I can't vouch for the accuracy of the placement of the grandstands. I used the 2020 version of the track as a guide on where to place things. Also, because of the terrain changes he made, the car objects I used don't line up right so you will see some floating and some sunken cars. I plan to do some more work on this eventually, like adding some sponsor billboards in front of the grandstands and a few other things. My hope is that @Pyyer beats me to it so that we can get a good race day mod for the track, but this will have to do for now.
The mod will overwrite @RacingSounds original ext_config files, but no changes were made to his settings. I just needed to add a line at the bottom in order for the included grass skins to work, but you do not need to use them. The raceday layout will still work without any of the skins enabled.
Zandvoort 2023 Raceday Layout
As always, please let me know of any mistakes or suggestions on how to improve it.
Hi - this is a stupid mistake on my part, it's fixed and I'll put out a release with a couple of other bug fixes on Thursday or Friday...Exactly. Same applies to recent Thruxton 90s.
View attachment 1321954
You have to add this to ext_config
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = rubber kerbs fix
MATERIALS = rubberkerbs
SHADER= ksPerPixelAlpha
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_BLEND
PROP_... = alpha, 0.65
Yes, couldn't agree more. Some of the old cars are amazing. People forget (or were not around yet) how high quality some old mods and original Kunos cars are. For me, for example, the best road supercar ever made in simracing is still the Viper ACR Nordschleife edition from Beto (BZ Simworks group on FB). The car was so detailed it's crazy. Beto cooperated with the actual car engineers not only recreating the physics but actually created the actual car setup used on the car for the recors attempt on the track with gear ratios and everything. After that over 10,000 hours of testing was supposedly done on the mod. And running this car with H-shifter around Nords trying to beat the 7:01 time from real life record is something I still do at least once a week to this day. I know this is not a video thread, but this is my comparison lap around Nords with real life lap. There is newer more than a second and 10 km/h difference between both lap times on any straights and in any corner:Just restart the session and they'll pull away fine.
A lot of us here are probably guilty of always wanting the newest cars to play with in Assetto Corsa, but drive a 36-car spec race around Thruxton in the original Kunos Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II and it's pretty much racing heaven. This is a car that I've criminally ignored for almost a decade. Shame on me.
Loads of skins for it on RD too.
Yes, couldn't agree more. Some of the old cars are amazing. People forget (or were not around yet) how high quality some old mods and original Kunos cars are. For me, for example, the best road supercar ever made in simracing is still the Viper ACR Nordschleife edition from Beto (BZ Simworks group on FB). The car was so detailed it's crazy. Beto cooperated with the actual car engineers not only recreating the physics but actually created the actual car setup used on the car for the recors attempt on the track with gear ratios and everything. After that over 10,000 hours of testing was supposedly done on the mod. And running this car with H-shifter around Nords trying to beat the 7:01 time from real life record is something I still do at least once a week to this day. I know this is not a video thread, but this is my comparison lap around Nords with real life lap. There is newer more than a second and 10 km/h difference between both lap times on any straights and in any corner:
Thanks to THR the link is updated@Breathe noticed that the below line, the link is dead from THR website.
Fuji Speedway JP 1968 fuji68 H 3 WilliamTRiker + ext. Pits by THR V3 21-09-2021
Yes, I talked only about the CSP preview option, not for ingame. I only use CSP previews since I like to have all previews do look the same (and it is way more faster in generating than the non-csp ones).All good.
For clarity, is that only using CSP preview? I don't use that all the time. Mostly just for encrypted cars.
Certainly in-game, with CSP fired up, it's a world of difference with Fake Shadows FX disabled.
Just intalled your ext_config (in fuji68 2.0) and I think there's a problem... 😥... Or simply replace your ext_config with the attached here
You are about the same level as me when it comes to skinning!I’d be down to do some skinning, I’m not the best at it, but if I have enough reference I can adequately knock one out in a day or 2. Does the sr9 I race room have a bunch of the real skins on it?
Check RD, one is out already.Hey guys, anyone planning a version of this? If not I will give it a go, but it will be my 1st project. Madrid F1 2026 proposed circuit.View attachment 1322046
Hey guys, anyone planning a version of this? If not I will give it a go, but it will be my 1st project. Madrid F1 2026 proposed circuit.View attachment 1322046
Bah! Missed the trick there, anyone working on Rome night from gran turismo 2?Check RD, one is out already.
Madrid - Gran Premio De Espana 2026
Madrid - Gran Premio De Espana 2026 Well, continuing the tradition of Jeddah and Las Vegas, I have managed to get together a version of the Madrid Grand Prix track ON THE DAY that it has been announced! Content Manager / Custom Shaders Patch...www.racedepartment.com
Wow easy boy, It's my ext_config as in it's the one in my computer, but I just put a potato in a bag of potatoes because someone told me it's the right place to put itJust intalled your ext_config (in fuji68 2.0) and I think there's a problem... 😥
View attachment 1322041
Please can you let me know how to use this? I still get the generic white helmet. All files already in the 00_rosso_chiaro folderMagnum always drove a cabrio... the F40_LM_Lover one isn't a convertable. (and it has too many triangles and fries the GPU).
The Ferrari 308 GTS by GeroDa74 on the other hand comes with a magnum pi skin...
and I added a different driver with the Magnum mustache for you.
View attachment 1321931
you can grab it here
Seems to use the V8Corsa fizix? Drives and sounds 100% like it. (that's not a bad thing imo).2013 Supercars Ford Falcon FG COTF
The final piece of the Supercars puzzle post 2012 that is missing from AC is finally here! This is likely the final version of this I will release as I've struggled to find help with skins and I've sat on the car for too long, so it will be...www.racedepartment.com
Anyone tried this yet?
I've been trying to extract/rip the original mesh from GT, but it's way out of my league.Bah! Missed the trick there, anyone working on Rome night from gran turismo 2?
Slow progress but I have all of the roads meshed for the GT6 and GT2 versions of Rome.Bah! Missed the trick there, anyone working on Rome night from gran turismo 2?
Or a decent version of special stage route 11
I think that I speak for everyone, that this is the street circuit we all wait for Assetto Corsa, and a combined one would be awesome.Slow progress but I have all of the roads meshed for the GT6 and GT2 versions of Rome.
View attachment 1322056View attachment 1322055