Not a bug for the 386482746282636381736382737382736482937463927364827463 time.first bug reportView attachment 1362546
but why not simply include them in the car folder in ./texture or ./skins?Not a bug for the 386482746282636381736382737382736482937463927364827463 time.
Do not install the mod through content manager, but manually, so that the zip that contains the tyre textures actually goes to assettocorsa/extension/textures/cars
If I do that, put tyres skin on all those 12 cars, twelve time the same texture, it's an extra gigabit of space used for nothing. Instead packing all of them on a single zip and making all the config use the zip saves a lot of space.but why not simply include them in the car folder in ./texture or ./skins?
No real reason to spread mod files all over the game folder.
Look at the time
Boah 1h30 late, i'm still in time
Ladies and gentleman :
F1 2012 V1 mod released by Cimmerian_Iter
Welcome to F1 2012, 6 champions, 7 different Grand Prix winner, the last season of Michael Schumacher, the fierce title battle till the Brazilian GP. Brilliant game, epic soundtrack. 2012 has everything that makes it one of the best year of Formula One, and it deserves a mod that respects the season. You like my 2011 mod? This one is even better !
Features :
Proper AO map for every car, proper paint for Mercedes, Mclaren and Catheram (CSP required) F1 2012 Codemasters helmet ! Realistic Physics ! New engine sounds, Test Driver skins, multiple helmets skins ! Featuring aero upgrades for Redbull, Ferrari, Mclaren, Mercedes. CSP TyreFX support, Better tyre model ! F1 2012 Showroom !
DOWNLOAD HERE (and more info on mod page release)
View attachment 1362541
That's what I do, except I follow CSP guidelines that says it's better to put them where they store shared textureswell, you could do it in ext_config pointing to a folder with the files, or zip
trust me, i do this with cars and tracks as well that insist that ext_config.ini goes to assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded
which absolutely is not needed.
anyway...
This car drives like a dream, thank you for making thisIT'S RELEASE TIME !!View attachment 1362520
PIPER GTR
After a few months of hard work, head scratching and life questioning, here it is : the Piper GTR.
It's my second fully scratch-made car, and the first one done without any plan, blueprint or even dimension references, considering how few information there is of this car. Only pictures, basically. So don't be too harsh with the result ^^
Features :
- A 1.3 liters Straight 4 twin cam Ford-Lotus based engine, mostly reproduced at the back of the car.
- 155 bhp for 602 kg. Not powerful, but so streamlined it's keeping up quite well in the WSC pack.
- openable flappy doors, useless but cool.
- 10 beautiful historical and semi-fictional liveries by Pasta2000, an even better skinmaker than me. If you don't believe me, See for yourself
- Headlight for the night, wipers for the rain, mirrors for the rear and the height of a table.
- Lovely and raw sound by SCIBSOUND, Come and say thanks to the man!
- Less than 300K polys, 4 LODs, AO inside and outside, all the goodies for good racing!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.
Cheers!
That's nice. I've been making Durex-liveries for my friends for years, as a joke. This is great stuff!The Rubber Johnny returns!
View attachment 1362488
Citroen C3 R5 Track v1.3 June 2024 by M
- animated wipers added
- sequential shifting animation added
- handbrake & sequential shifter positions adjusted
- smudge dirt layer on glass added
- LODs edited
- external paint shader corrected
- other minor tweaks
View attachment 1362487
If anyone wants to correct any bad stuff or add fancy-pants refractive lights, please fill your boots. Treat this car as a social experiment.
From what I've seen the new CM only compresses files dragged and dropped into CM. Manually added files do not. So, it is still worth doing a manual compression of the files from time to time.It's called Compactor ... (details)
Although with the new CM having had changes done to the compression part, maybe the compression done via CM (using Windows 10 compression methods) is now as good , I dunno.
If someone can compress their content folder using new version of CM and then compress with Compactor, to see if it still makes a difference, and report back here, that would be awesome.
The newly improved compress via CM may save time not having to analyze complete content folder each time (when very large it takes quite some time).
Also Compactor can compact each car mod folder one at a time but cumbersome to select each folder, press analyze , then press compress...
The CM compress is said to prioritize newly added content, so it may be faster now. (and hopefully also compression wise it's on par w Compactor or close.)
The best protection against accidents.. 🙄😂That's nice. I've been making Durex-liveries for my friends for years, as a joke. This is great stuff!
View attachment 1362576
we don't integrate textures in lods, we have to use the save car (no textures) in kseditor, the textures of the main kn5 are directly used.IT'S RELEASE TIME !!View attachment 1362520
PIPER GTR
Maybe a faulty app you run is causing this. Disable every third-party app and try again.Hi guys.
Last couple of weeks i'm facing a new problem.
In every session (let's say hotlap), i have two (always two no more, not less) MAJOR stutters per lap, in exactly the same spot of the lap!
This happens in every track, modded or original and with any car, mod or original!
It's very frustrating cause it may happen in the middle of the corner, resulting in loss of control.
I know it's a long shot but maybe some of you experience the same thing and you were able to solve it.
(Using latest CSP)
Thanks!
I love that you made this, thank you!IT'S RELEASE TIME !!View attachment 1362520
PIPER GTR
After a few months of hard work, head scratching and life questioning, here it is : the Piper GTR.
It's my second fully scratch-made car, and the first one done without any plan, blueprint or even dimension references, considering how few information there is of this car. Only pictures, basically. So don't be too harsh with the result ^^
Features :
- A 1.3 liters Straight 4 twin cam Ford-Lotus based engine, mostly reproduced at the back of the car.
- 155 bhp for 602 kg. Not powerful, but so streamlined it's keeping up quite well in the WSC pack.
- openable flappy doors, useless but cool.
- 10 beautiful historical and semi-fictional liveries by Pasta2000, an even better skinmaker than me. If you don't believe me, See for yourself
- Headlight for the night, wipers for the rain, mirrors for the rear and the height of a table.
- Lovely and raw sound by SCIBSOUND, Come and say thanks to the man!
- Less than 300K polys, 4 LODs, AO inside and outside, all the goodies for good racing!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.
Cheers!
never mind its not radar, that is interesting i will have to check mineWhere did you get that GT7 HUD? I swear the one from Racedepartment never had the map in 3D, only in 2D instead.
Look at the time
Boah 1h30 late, i'm still in time
Ladies and gentleman :
F1 2012 V1 mod released by Cimmerian_Iter
Welcome to F1 2012, 6 champions, 7 different Grand Prix winner, the last season of Michael Schumacher, the fierce title battle till the Brazilian GP. Brilliant game, epic soundtrack. 2012 has everything that makes it one of the best year of Formula One, and it deserves a mod that respects the season. You like my 2011 mod? This one is even better !
Features :
Proper AO map for every car, proper paint for Mercedes, Mclaren and Catheram (CSP required) F1 2012 Codemasters helmet ! Realistic Physics ! New engine sounds, Test Driver skins, multiple helmets skins ! Featuring aero upgrades for Redbull, Ferrari, Mclaren, Mercedes. CSP TyreFX support, Better tyre model ! F1 2012 Showroom !
DOWNLOAD HERE (and more info on mod page release)
View attachment 1362541
IT'S RELEASE TIME !!View attachment 1362520
PIPER GTR
After a few months of hard work, head scratching and life questioning, here it is : the Piper GTR.
It's my second fully scratch-made car, and the first one done without any plan, blueprint or even dimension references, considering how few information there is of this car. Only pictures, basically. So don't be too harsh with the result ^^
Features :
- A 1.3 liters Straight 4 twin cam Ford-Lotus based engine, mostly reproduced at the back of the car.
- 155 bhp for 602 kg. Not powerful, but so streamlined it's keeping up quite well in the WSC pack.
- openable flappy doors, useless but cool.
- 10 beautiful historical and semi-fictional liveries by Pasta2000, an even better skinmaker than me. If you don't believe me, See for yourself
- Headlight for the night, wipers for the rain, mirrors for the rear and the height of a table.
- Lovely and raw sound by SCIBSOUND, Come and say thanks to the man!
- Less than 300K polys, 4 LODs, AO inside and outside, all the goodies for good racing!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.
Cheers!
@spagna just released the updated skinpack for 2000-2003. Yes I'm only doing the 2003 Astra. The one we currently have for DTM 2002 is again the Nurburgring 24 hour model.@lorelord the astra u doing is only the 03 one right? can u or someone else maybe try and do the 2002 dtm skins aswell?
Ah, so that's what it's used for. Hm, good to know. I'll try it later and update the lot after, thankswe don't integrate textures in lods, we have to use the save car (no textures) in kseditor, the textures of the main kn5 are directly used.
The side window slit ? It's seems to have vary quite a lot, based on the different pictures I'm seen. But yeah, I kind of forgot about it. Might do it later, I think (not a big fix, to be honest)I love that you made this, thank you!
The only thing I'd change are those side windows, when compared to the photos of the real car they just don't look right. It's still an excellent mod, though - so close to being almost perfect.
Aww that's kind of youOh my, I cannot wait to try this, amazingly unique car from my very favourite era with some of my most respected modders providing sounds and skins too! You absolute legend once again. Where's the beer money link please?
Is this hosted anywhere else? I get an extremely erratic connection with GTP downloads, with slow speeds and frequent disconnects. I've had a few attempts at downloading this car and not once has it been successful.IT'S RELEASE TIME !!View attachment 1362520
PIPER GTR
After a few months of hard work, head scratching and life questioning, here it is : the Piper GTR.
It's my second fully scratch-made car, and the first one done without any plan, blueprint or even dimension references, considering how few information there is of this car. Only pictures, basically. So don't be too harsh with the result ^^
Features :
- A 1.3 liters Straight 4 twin cam Ford-Lotus based engine, mostly reproduced at the back of the car.
- 155 bhp for 602 kg. Not powerful, but so streamlined it's keeping up quite well in the WSC pack.
- openable flappy doors, useless but cool.
- 10 beautiful historical and semi-fictional liveries by Pasta2000, an even better skinmaker than me. If you don't believe me, See for yourself
- Headlight for the night, wipers for the rain, mirrors for the rear and the height of a table.
- Lovely and raw sound by SCIBSOUND, Come and say thanks to the man!
- Less than 300K polys, 4 LODs, AO inside and outside, all the goodies for good racing!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.
Cheers!

I'll PM youIs this hosted anywhere else? I get an extremely erratic connection with GTP downloads, with slow speeds and frequent disconnects. I've had a few attempts at downloading this car and not once has it been successful.
It either cancels itself or fails, and then has to start all over again.
There's nothing wrong with my internet.
Please, no flood of "it works fine for me" shrugathons, I know it works fine for many.
GTP and Mediafire are both pretty much useless for me recently.
View attachment 1362621
I mean this upper edge of the windows:The side window slit ? It's seems to have vary quite a lot, based on the different pictures I'm seen. But yeah, I kind of forgot about it. Might do it later, I think (not a big fix, to be honest)
I compared many pictures from many point of views, front, top, side etc... Might be slightly higher yeah, but so is the wiper, tail is probably a teeny bit shorter, etc... Not easy going from pictures ^^ Find me a blueprint and I'll nitpick with pleasure hahahaI mean this upper edge of the windows:
View attachment 1362632
I don't know if it's only because that edge is not actually straight, but to me it seems that those windows should go higher.
But this is really just nitpicking in an otherwise excellent mod - I just can't unsee it once I noticed it, sorry![]()
WONDERFUL car!I'll PM you
great job! the car looks and drives well. force feedback and car behavior are very similar to the Porsche 908 LH.IT'S RELEASE TIME !!
PIPER GTR
Piper Racing Cars, set up by former GTR owner Tony Claydon in 2006, sells replicas of the car under the name Piper GTR Le Mans. May be worth contacting...I compared many pictures from many point of views, front, top, side etc... Might be slightly higher yeah, but so is the wiper, tail is probably a teeny bit shorter, etc... Not easy going from pictures ^^ Find me a blueprint and I'll nitpick with pleasure hahaha
Yeah, I understand. You've really done an amazing job, especially considering what you had to work with.I compared many pictures from many point of views, front, top, side etc... Might be slightly higher yeah, but so is the wiper, tail is probably a teeny bit shorter, etc... Not easy going from pictures ^^ Find me a blueprint and I'll nitpick with pleasure hahaha
IT'S RELEASE TIME !!View attachment 1362520
PIPER GTR
After a few months of hard work, head scratching and life questioning, here it is : the Piper GTR.
It's my second fully scratch-made car, and the first one done without any plan, blueprint or even dimension references, considering how few information there is of this car. Only pictures, basically. So don't be too harsh with the result ^^
Features :
- A 1.3 liters Straight 4 twin cam Ford-Lotus based engine, mostly reproduced at the back of the car.
- 155 bhp for 602 kg. Not powerful, but so streamlined it's keeping up quite well in the WSC pack.
- openable flappy doors, useless but cool.
- 10 beautiful historical and semi-fictional liveries by Pasta2000, an even better skinmaker than me. If you don't believe me, See for yourself
- Headlight for the night, wipers for the rain, mirrors for the rear and the height of a table.
- Lovely and raw sound by SCIBSOUND, Come and say thanks to the man!
- Less than 300K polys, 4 LODs, AO inside and outside, all the goodies for good racing!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.
Cheers!