Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

  • Thread starter Thread starter daan
  • 157,731 comments
  • 51,819,916 views
finished #1

for @JK1977 s 155 TS

more will follow




__custom_showroom_1734885342.jpg
__custom_showroom_1734885321.jpg
 
Last edited:
Any suggestions on what I can adjust CSP settings wise to fix at the very least the distant tree shadowing? I can live with the grass_fx, but not having the trees shadowed properly in the distance is really turning me off. I looked into the Smart Shadows settings, but there seems to be a lot of options that have been removed. Thanks for any advice.
You can try to deactivate the new option "Automatic splits" under "Smart Shadows" in the newer CSP versions. I don`t like the result of this option in VR at all. You can now again manually adjust the "Distances for interior/exterior" for shadow splits in meter like in the old CSP versions. I use "2.6, 120, 400" for interior and the standard values "10, 50, 250" for exterior. Especially the 2.6 for the first shadow split is very important as the standard value 1.3 causes heavy shadow flickering in the cockpit in VR for me as the first shadow split is with 1.3m distance inside the cockpit for many cars. But I don't know, if this solves the problem with distant tree shadowing. Maybe this has also something to do with the new "Custom shadow matrices: Fourth cascade for distant shadows" option. But I would not deactivate this option as it removes the disturbing "running" shadows of fences and on grandstands in the distance. You should also be aware, that if you increase the distance for the 3rd shadow split to 400 meter, that this will automatically reduce the sharpness and quality of the shadows in shadow split 1 and 2. But that's not too bad as I always thought, that the near shadows of split 1 were always much too sharp in AC compared to real life shadows. I also don't think, that the shadows under the cars are too light now, as in real life these shadows aren't as dark as you might think because the road is always reflecting light under a car in bright sunshine.
 
Last edited:
You can try to deactivate the new option "Automatic splits" under "Smart Shadows" in the newer CSP versions. I don`t like the result of this option in VR at all. You can now again manually adjust the "Distances for interior/exterior" for shadow splits in meter like in the old CSP versions. I use "2.6, 120, 400" for interior and the standard values "10, 50, 250" for exterior. Especially the 2.6 for the first shadow split is very important as the standard value 1.3 causes heavy shadow flickering in the cockpit in VR for me as the first shadow split is with 1.3m distance inside the cockpit for many cars. But I don't know, if this solves the problem with distant tree shadowing. Maybe this has also something to do with the new "Custom shadow matrices: Fourth cascade for distant shadows" option. But I would not deactivate this option as it removes the disturbing "running" shadows of fences and on grandstands in the distance. You should also be aware, that if you increase the distance for the 3rd shadow split to 400 meter, that this will automatically reduce the sharpness and quality of the shadows in shadow split 1 and 2. But that's not too bad as I always thought, that the near shadows of split 1 were always much too sharp in AC compared to real life shadows. I also don't think, that the shadows under the cars are too light now, as in real life these shadows aren't as dark as you might think because the road is always reflecting light under a car in bright sunshine.
I didn't know that disabling that split option would bring back some of the old options. I'll give that a try and keep my fingers crossed that it works. Thank you.
 
I know this was in jest but FYI...he has not been abducted by aliens.
How can you even download all those different preview versions? I only have ...-preview1.
And the 0.2.5-preview1 breaks the AI for me.
 
Lam
Could somebody in contact with the Usual Suspects, submit to them the request to adding the reverse layout for Dundrod 1955 please?
Hard group to pin down and get ahold of... im sure they have seen your message however.
 
Released : Hyundai Genesis Touringcar (Fictional)
Author:F302
3D Model: Polyphony Digital
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: F302 (Body Mapping)
3d work:F302
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.2.5-preview1
PP filer _PURELIFEEVO

have fun!

To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager.



View attachment 1414532
First impressions:

  • "Copywrite by VRC" being announced when I load a session is.. interesting.
  • Car sounds incredible and drives great. Not a total grip monster and requires some finesse.
  • Tire wear is really high, given it has soft slicks.
  • I see the light leak as mentioned previously. As well the rivets(?) around the dash flicker in some scenarios.
  • The dash is laggy and hard to read.
  • Not a fan of this push to start.
 
Last edited:
I'm enjoying a car with only LOD A , but the side mirrors disappear very quickly for the oppents (when they are approx 30 meters ahead).

I've maxed my LOD settings as such :

1734897164288.png


but it makes no difference at all... !?

Anyone an idea what settings can prevent the side mirrors from disappearing quite close-by (so noticeably) ?

EDIT : pfff , GTPlanet makes the screenshot smaller at upload* and thus almost unreadable...
Here a copy of the screenshot outside of GTPlanet (readable this time)

ps: I wonder, would that not be the case when you go for a premium account?
 
Last edited:
I'm enjoying a car with only LOD A , but the side mirrors disappear very quickly for the oppents (when they are approx 30 meters ahead).

I've maxed my LOD settings as such :

View attachment 1414780

but it makes no difference at all... !?

Anyone an idea what settings can prevent the side mirrors from disappearing quite close-by (so noticeably) ?

EDIT : pfff , GTPlanet makes the screenshot smaller at upload* and thus almost unreadable...
Here a copy of the screenshot outside of GTPlanet (readable this time)

ps: I wonder, would that not be the case when you go for a premium account?
Try increasing cockpit hr switch distance in lods.ini?
 
Last edited:
Released : Volkswagen Golf GTi RM
Author:F302
3D Model: (Gran Turismo 6)
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: by F302 (2 Skins include)
3d work:F302
Template Body include
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.2.5-preview1
PP filer _PURELIFE EVO
knowing bugs: Shift Animation not correct
have fun!
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager

View attachment 1411285
This is a fun little car except that if I try and run it in a one make race it causes all kinds of screen freezes, or the whole race will run at half speed for just a bit. Hotlapping is fine. Everything is normal. I haven't tried running it mixed in with other cars.
 
Try increasing cockpit hr switch distance in lods.ini?
good attempt, I didn't think of that one yet ... it was at 6 , changed it to 300 but no change.

also adding this :

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = mirrorl_body, mirrorr_body
MOVE_TO = COCKPIT_HR

did not solve it. :banghead:


EDIT : content of lods.ini :

[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=300 ;was 6

[LOD_0]
FILE=porsche_997_carrera_cup.kn5
IN=0
OUT=1500
 
Last edited:
Lam
Could somebody in contact with the Usual Suspects, submit to them the request to adding the reverse layout for Dundrod 1955 please?
I would be happy if the AI just didnt crash at the start.They make a beeline for the pits.Straighten trajectory dosnt help.(on or off)
Some cars just sit there. sigh

edit Kunos tracks are doing it as well.Something has broken AI. I am on 0.2.4 csp

edit It was the csp vers.Rolled back to 0.2.3 and all is good.(well...except CM showroom cant use BC7 dds compression) NJW (never just works) EDIT well now it does work...didnt before but I will take it.

I wanna lick the red one but I am afraid it would burn my tongue. Interior shot with DYMO tape.Supposed to look like the Yoyodyne sticker was there first and the guy who put the Dymo tape labels tried to peel it off but he gave up and stuck the labels over it.
:banghead::D
wsc_legends_chevron_gt_ks_monza66 2.png
wsc_legends_chevron_gt_ks_monza66.png
wsc_legends_chevron_gt_rmi_the_shojo.png
 
Last edited:
I know this was in jest but FYI...he has not been abducted by aliens.
Well, until Ilja returns to Earth and gives us one of those new builds to actually use, I'm sticking with the alien abduction theory. In fact, I'm even going to start searching the skies for a UFO with 'x4fab Patreon' written on the side of it.

Hopefully it won't disappear in a misty vapor along with the money we contribute to support CSP development. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I would be happy if the AI just didnt crash at the start.They make a beeline for the pits.Straighten trajectory dosnt help.(on or off)
Some cars just sit there. sigh

edit Kunos tracks are doing it as well.Something has broken AI. I am on 0.2.4 csp

edit It was the csp vers.Rolled back to 0.2.3 and all is good.(well...except CM showroom cant use BC7 dds compression) NJW (never just works)

I wanna lick the red one but I am afraid it would burn my tongue. :banghead::DView attachment 1414847View attachment 1414848
Hmmm. Nice skins. Where are they from?
 
Last edited:
Well, until Ilja returns to Earth and gives us one of those new builds to actually use, I'm sticking with the alien abduction theory. In fact, I'm even going to start searching the skies for a UFO with 'x4fab Patreon' written on the side of it.

Hopefully it won't disappear in a misty vapor along with the money we contribute to support CSP development. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
image_fx_ (3).png

There it is... :lol:
 
Last edited:
I use this one currently. Gives quite a decent and realistic look.

Some examples:







Showroom is retrolux, you may find it on RD.
looking nice. Maybe you could send a short message at discord? :)
 
Can I make the analog work without empties?

Just relying on the Object origin point and rotation on the Y value in blender ?

View attachment 1414669
Don't know if it has been replied already (hard to keep track on mobile reader), but the answer would be no for me, vanilla data rely entirely on empties with proper naming, doesn't even need a mesh in fact.
 
shi
Nurburgring 1995 - 2001 v1.01
View attachment 1414093
Old layout of Nurburgring, Germany.
Conversion from F1 Challenge.

-CSP recommended
-7 layouts (Yearly billboards and building variations)
-36 pit/start
-AI, cam

Known Issues;
At the start of the race, the four cars from the last row move to the pits.
unchecking:
CSP Settings→General Patch Settings→Physics experiments→Fix missing or misplaced spawn points

Credits & Thanks;
F1 Challenge Track by dmarques
(VB and CMT's version with ugrades and optimizations to buildings and surroundings)

Terms Of Use; (F1C)
Enjoy this mod to the fullest, that's all. If you want to convert or use this
as a base to create other cars, you're welcome in doing so as long as the
appropriate credit is given to the respective authors of the files you are
using. You can find all authors in this file

AC converted by @shi (shin956)
Pit tent from F1-S-R's 1994 Track Pack
AI and sidelines by IMEAN
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
background, cone and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;

Fixed missing tree walls (ext_config.ini).
Changed pine trees textures. (Thanks Mascot)

This will be the last release of the year.

Nurburgring 1995 - 2001 v1.01
The link is in the quote.

v1.01 changelog;
Fixed missing tree walls (ext_config.ini).
Changed pine trees textures. (Thanks @Masscot )

Screenshot_nurburgring_1995.jpg
 
Last edited:
I would be happy if the AI just didnt crash at the start.They make a beeline for the pits.Straighten trajectory dosnt help.(on or off)
Some cars just sit there. sigh

edit Kunos tracks are doing it as well.Something has broken AI. I am on 0.2.4 csp

edit It was the csp vers.Rolled back to 0.2.3 and all is good.(well...except CM showroom cant use BC7 dds compression) NJW (never just works)

I wanna lick the red one but I am afraid it would burn my tongue. :banghead::DView attachment 1414847View attachment 1414848
fantastic liveries, I'm ready to hurt
 
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back