Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

  • Thread starter Thread starter daan
  • 157,751 comments
  • 51,899,545 views
Hello,

Trust you all to do well.
Looking for this one BMW F80 M3 and cannot find it anywhere unfortunately.
(Might be private?) Does anyone know where to obtain this specific one?


1739449475387.png
 
The WSC set gets another brand-new car in the form of the 1966 Abarth 1300OT Periscopio!

We've expanded our reach dramatically over the past months thanks to 3D artist NPanic coming along for the ride, along with another brand new 3D artist, who made this Abarth model; marguek42. Everything is still WIP, so expect changes before the 1.0 release, hopefully within this year. There's even more cars coming as well, scratch made for the WSC packs, so stay tuned!

1739457805968.png

1739457817332.png

If you would like to support our 3D artists, consider supporting NPanic's Garage on Patreon. He's currently busy modelling a 1.3L class rival for the Abarth 1300, a nimble car from France...
 
The WSC set gets another brand-new car in the form of the 1966 Abarth 1300OT Periscopio!

We've expanded our reach dramatically over the past months thanks to 3D artist NPanic coming along for the ride, along with another brand new 3D artist, who made this Abarth model; marguek42. Everything is still WIP, so expect changes before the 1.0 release, hopefully within this year. There's even more cars coming as well, scratch made for the WSC packs, so stay tuned!

View attachment 1428462
View attachment 1428463
If you would like to support our 3D artists, consider supporting NPanic's Garage on Patreon. He's currently busy modelling a 1.3L class rival for the Abarth 1300, a nimble car from France...
Of course, there's the part of me that really wants to try it right now. And there's also a part of me that wants to go reverse in the Greenwood lake and add the "Jaws" main theme. Maybe it's my gateway to Tiktok.
 
The WSC set gets another brand-new car in the form of the 1966 Abarth 1300OT Periscopio!

We've expanded our reach dramatically over the past months thanks to 3D artist NPanic coming along for the ride, along with another brand new 3D artist, who made this Abarth model; marguek42. Everything is still WIP, so expect changes before the 1.0 release, hopefully within this year. There's even more cars coming as well, scratch made for the WSC packs, so stay tuned!

View attachment 1428462
View attachment 1428463
If you would like to support our 3D artists, consider supporting NPanic's Garage on Patreon. He's currently busy modelling a 1.3L class rival for the Abarth 1300, a nimble car from France...
You guys are crazy 🤩 But plz notice the vintage tracks has mostly no more than 28-30 pits !! And i want to use ALL your cars :dunce: at once. So please profuce never more cars then pits available please :D

Btw. The Abarth is hot
 
Beta 10 Release for Nissan Skyline R33 JGTC...
Two things I noticed that weren't happening with the Beta9:

1- The asphalt and the painted marks on the ground are reflected on the inside of the windshield and side windows, a lot... Very disturbing.

Screenshot_nissan_skyline_bcnr33_jgtc_ks_barcelona_13-1-125-19-20-21.jpg


2- The steering gets too "light" when understeering. I like this behavior because it gives you information when you lose grip, similar to real life, but in this case the effect is too pronounced.

Thanks for keep improving your work!
 
The WSC set gets another brand-new car in the form of the 1966 Abarth 1300OT Periscopio!

We've expanded our reach dramatically over the past months thanks to 3D artist NPanic coming along for the ride, along with another brand new 3D artist, who made this Abarth model; marguek42. Everything is still WIP, so expect changes before the 1.0 release, hopefully within this year. There's even more cars coming as well, scratch made for the WSC packs, so stay tuned!

View attachment 1428462
View attachment 1428463
If you would like to support our 3D artists, consider supporting NPanic's Garage on Patreon. He's currently busy modelling a 1.3L class rival for the Abarth 1300, a nimble car from France...
Very nice looking car, I shall be looking forward to taking her on a test drive. On another note any chance of a Sebring MGC GT, or a properly made Le Mans Jaguar C type or a Le Mans MGA ?

Regards

Mark
 

Attachments

  • OIP.jpg
    OIP.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 22
  • OIP (1).jpg
    OIP (1).jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 23
  • OIP (2).jpg
    OIP (2).jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 22
  • OIP (3).jpg
    OIP (3).jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 19
The WSC set gets another brand-new car in the form of the 1966 Abarth 1300OT Periscopio!

We've expanded our reach dramatically over the past months thanks to 3D artist NPanic coming along for the ride, along with another brand new 3D artist, who made this Abarth model; marguek42. Everything is still WIP, so expect changes before the 1.0 release, hopefully within this year. There's even more cars coming as well, scratch made for the WSC packs, so stay tuned!

View attachment 1428462
View attachment 1428463
If you would like to support our 3D artists, consider supporting NPanic's Garage on Patreon. He's currently busy modelling a 1.3L class rival for the Abarth 1300, a nimble car from France...
Us lovers of 1960s racing cars are eating well and growing fat as of lately... That's yet another classic beauty I can't wait to toss around some vintage tracks. Certainly, if there's a Periscopio on the way, the non-submersible 1300 OT will come along with it, perhaps with something as simple as a config file? NPanic seems to be quite the expert on the subject.

And how comes that, as of lately, you always seem to be involved when some old heartthrob comes to Assetto Corsa, mr. Pasta? :D
 
Hi All. Can anyone tell me what causes this effect on car body paint. Tried a lot of things to solve it but not been successful. Many thanks.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0728.jpeg
    IMG_0728.jpeg
    284 KB · Views: 25
Us lovers of 1960s racing cars are eating well and growing fat as of lately... That's yet another classic beauty I can't wait to toss around some vintage tracks. Certainly, if there's a Periscopio on the way, the non-submersible 1300 OT will come along with it, perhaps with something as simple as a config file? NPanic seems to be quite the expert on the subject.

And how comes that, as of lately, you always seem to be involved when some old heartthrob comes to Assetto Corsa, mr. Pasta? :D

Mr. Pasta is the Alfa recruiter of talent! You can bet your house on the man snapping up any prospects before they even see the light of day properly. He's practically grooming us 👁️👁️

Man.Utd should hire him, or maybe Ajax it's closer to home
 
Last edited:
Us lovers of 1960s racing cars are eating well and growing fat as of lately... That's yet another classic beauty I can't wait to toss around some vintage tracks. Certainly, if there's a Periscopio on the way, the non-submersible 1300 OT will come along with it, perhaps with something as simple as a config file? NPanic seems to be quite the expert on the subject.

And how comes that, as of lately, you always seem to be involved when some old heartthrob comes to Assetto Corsa, mr. Pasta? :D
I'm the CEO of Sim Historic Studios

Mr. Pasta is the Alfa recruiter of talent! You can bet your house on the man snapping up any prospects before they even see the light of day properly. He's practically grooming us 👁️👁️

Man.Utd should hire him, or maybe Ajax it's closer to home
Back to work, unpaid intern #24
 
The WSC set gets another brand-new car in the form of the 1966 Abarth 1300OT Periscopio!

We've expanded our reach dramatically over the past months thanks to 3D artist NPanic coming along for the ride, along with another brand new 3D artist, who made this Abarth model; marguek42. Everything is still WIP, so expect changes before the 1.0 release, hopefully within this year. There's even more cars coming as well, scratch made for the WSC packs, so stay tuned!

View attachment 1428462
View attachment 1428463
If you would like to support our 3D artists, consider supporting NPanic's Garage on Patreon. He's currently busy modelling a 1.3L class rival for the Abarth 1300, a nimble car from France...
hmm that car looks stunning! I wonder who made em :cool:
 
Does anyone knows where can I find the Legion's Porsche 917 LH from 70'? All I can find is the 1971 version, the 1970 one seems to have been vanished forever?

NVM, found it. Jeez, why Legion's stuff is sometimes soo complicated to find? :lol:
 
Last edited:
Hi All. Can anyone tell me what causes this effect on car body paint. Tried a lot of things to solve it but not been successful. Many thanks.
That looks like self shadowing or 'shadow acne'.Look at the material in CMshowroom and see if it has a Shadow_Bias_Mult setting.Set it to at least .08 or 1.0.It should go away.You could also set it with an ext_config if the material currently being used dosnt support that setting.Change the material to one that does support it and set it.
 
Before I lose anything else, I need to share what I still have.
Here's the link.
PORSCHE 911 RSR

FORD GT40 ( 1964/1965 )

PORSCHE 936 ( 1977-1978-1979/1981 )

Porsche 911 RSR (although there are several on Asseto Corsa), I had to make this adaptation with the help of "MrHunt" to "match" the 1974/1975 Le Mans skins from the "ABSOLUTE LEMANS MODDING TEAM" group.

You will notice that two are missing (as I could not find or adapt them).

The Ford GT40 (1964/1965) are also theirs.
The Porsche 936 (a mix of the Legion model (slightly reduced in proportions from what I had researched and compared with other cars of the time).
The file is independent with whoever has the original model.

I did not share the Porsche 911 RSR model (Le Mans 1973 version and other skins), as I do not remember if I had already posted the link.Furthermore, it would need an update from a more experienced "modder" to try to redo the rear part of the model (I just grafted other parts to try to recreate the rear part) to make it more bulging).

The ideal would be for someone to make a different "mesh".


Some skins present in the Porsche 911 RSR
 

Attachments

  • livery.png
    livery.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 36
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 31
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 39
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 26
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 28
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 24
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    57 KB · Views: 27
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 24
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 26
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 23
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 26
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 26
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 32
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 26
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 21
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    55 KB · Views: 31
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 24
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 21
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 24
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 25
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 28
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 24
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    25 KB · Views: 26
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 26
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 31
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 25
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 32
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 28
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 24
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 25
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 33
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 31
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 32
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 29
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 30
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 30
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 29
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 34
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 33
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 32
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 26
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 31
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 23
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 26
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 26
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 26
  • preview2.jpg
    preview2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 29
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 32
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 23
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Two things I noticed that weren't happening with the Beta9:

1- The asphalt and the painted marks on the ground are reflected on the inside of the windshield and side windows, a lot... Very disturbing.

View attachment 1428509

2- The steering gets too "light" when understeering. I like this behavior because it gives you information when you lose grip, similar to real life, but in this case the effect is too pronounced.

Thanks for keep improving your work!
for the 1
open the "ext_config.ini" and go down to the ";glass" and delete everything that is below until you reach "; interior materials"
this will clear the glass effects, I know it doesn't look good, I forgot to change it

for the 2 I think.
go to the data folder open the "car.ini" and go down to [CONTROLS]
here you can increase the FFMULT=1.6 up to 1.8 or 2.0 etc..
and you can try set the STEER_ASSIST=0.9 to =1.0
I will suggestion to use Notepad++
 
That looks like self shadowing or 'shadow acne'.Look at the material in CMshowroom and see if it has a Shadow_Bias_Mult setting.Set it to at least .08 or 1.0.It should go away.You could also set it with an ext_config if the material currently being used dosnt support that setting.Change the material to one that does support it and set it.
Hi. Thanks. Any help on how to do that please.
 
Now that's good after-sales service! 😛

Yesterday I tried a couple of things to try to fix it, but I was unsuccessful, thanks for the instructions... 👍
You can remove other things from the ext_config file too, I think with new PPfilters and pure etc.. most of the codes are not necessary, or the codes that I use are old
 
Who here was working on old F1 cars, revamping them, touching physics and shaders a little?
Need him to check my 1976 Ferrari and mclaren
 
Rabbit Field v1.1

Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_dtm_rabbit_field_14-1-125-22-59-40.jpg

Fictional circuit.
Conversion from GTL.

-CSP recommended
-28 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
GTL Original Track by @carTOON (barcika)
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC converted by @shi (shin956)
AI line by Deezo1310
logo.png and Sections file by @Fanapryde
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
3D terrain from Chuck_CG's Landscape pack
pit tents from F1-S-R track pack (rF1)
"Toyota Land Cruiser" (https://skfb.ly/MyHv) by Renafox is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/).
marshall and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;
New AI line by Deezo1310. (Thanks!)
Added ai_hints.ini.

v1.1 changelog;
Changed Adboard textures from @Masscot . (Thanks!)
Added flying stuff by @Masscot . (Thanks!)
Removed the Treewall from the perimeter. (Because it was closed off)
Fixed the area where the Treewall was floating.
Fixed the Treewall mapping.
Shifted the terrain mesh upward. (models.ini)
 
Last edited:
Portland International Raceway (Unfinished)

rj_portland_int

This is a standalone version of the excellent Portland International Raceway done by 13X made to look the way I prefer. I take no credit for the track other than the changes I made. It's in an unfinished state at the moment, but i'm releasing it as is for now because I have to get surgery in a few days and don't know when I will be able to finish it. That means you will have to put up with a lot of imperfections. Everything is probably too dark, the grass and tree texture brightness is a bit mismatched and I never got a chance to vary the tree colors the way I had hoped too. So everything sort of looks the same. I'd also suggest you enable the CSP 'Trees receiving per-vertex shadows' option or the trees may lack shadow depth.

Credits:
Original Track: 13X
Cable fix: @Masscot
Original config I used as a base: Blamer (I think)
Updated config: @CrisT86
Additional replay cams: @CrisT86 and @DaBaeda
VAO patches: @CrisT86
Sections file : @Quikslvr

Changes I made:

-- Added animated flags, time of day and lap number to the display boards.
-- Completely changed the tree and grass textures. The trees were tough because the track uses X trees which always creates a sort of rorschach test look. I tried to hide as many as I could with Y tree variants, but you may still see some odd looking trees in a few spots.
-- Removed the blue\purple tint from the road and groove surfaces.
-- Altered the track lights to also come on when it rains.
-- Added seasonal trees via a track skin if you like that sort of thing.
-- Live jumbotron track cams via a track skin.
-- Working semaphore lights.

Maybe someone can take what i've done and make it better while i'm out of the loop for awhile. The ai needs some serious work because the sidelines are horrible. For now, it is what it is and you may or may not like it.

View attachment 1352230
Very small update to the track. You don't need to download the track again, but use the link in the quote if you feel like it.

-- Fixed the missing tent roof shadows. Not sure how I overlooked them all this time. Just copy and paste the code below to your existing ext_config file.

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = TENT?
DOUBLE_FACE_SHADOW_BIASED = 1
CULL_MODE = OFF

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = PITTENT?, MODERNCARS
DOUBLE_FACE_SHADOW_BIASED = 1
 
Last edited:
You can remove other things from the ext_config file too, I think with new PPfilters and pure etc.. most of the codes are not necessary, or the codes that I use are old
I prefer not to touch more than necessary, because I wouldn't know what to erase, to be honest... 😅

Following your recommendations, the reflection of the asphalt on the glass has disappeared, and I have also removed the same reflection from the interior of the car roof (which had gone unnoticed to me, at first), adding to the ext_config file...

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = pillartrim_a_SUB0
MOVE_TO = COCKPIT_HR

There must surely be another way to do it, but this Jedi trick (thanks, @Tummie555) has worked for me.

Regarding playing with the [CONTROLS] settings, it seems to have changed slightly, but the steering wheel is still too loose when turning, as if the front wheels had very little grip... It's funny, but I can feel the rest of the effects (bumps, curbs...) perfectly; it's the grip that feels extremely light... I suspect it may have more to do with the geometry of the suspension than with the FFB settings, although I don't know, as I'm not an expert on the subject.
 
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back