Perico Lospa
Premium
- 1,367

- Spain
I'm starting to suspect that the improvement in performance I've experienced might be related (among other things, possibly) to the drop in the quality of the weed...
for all my configs (that remains on my ssd meawhile the ones i share uses the default .dds) i use the .dds from JohrR777 which, imho, is the best looking grass texture. So i don't know if this can create more or less issue with the latests CSP, but till i used SOL i never had any issue, so i don't think it can be a problem.Actually there is pleanty of improvemtent headroom. I just looked into the thing and it seems there are no grassFX textures in the
extension\textures\grassFX folder.
I guess many if not the most tracks are referring to them them and if there aren't any, i guess CSP will use some internal ones.
I just roughly tried to create something out of a file in a track i found and it will take it:
View attachment 1489517
I just tried with find edges and so, but i'm not really a designer, but i guess that could be the problem here.
View attachment 1489518
In the configs of the tracks there will be such entries to reference the textures
View attachment 1489521
If there isn't any besides the track config file (ext_config or trackname.ini in the extension/config/tracks folders), it will look into the extension\textures\grassFX folder
Thanx I will work my way through :-)If you can be arsed to make your own UV mapping and all that work, This is the Gran Turismo Scirocco Gr.4 which i believe is based on the N24 variant?
Thank you 🙏Yes I've used it a lot in the past, works very well, but has no influence over the AI that I can remember. Just good at working out what you need during the race.
Where might one find this texture? Can you upload it or give a link please?for all my configs (that remains on my ssd meawhile the ones i share uses the default .dds) i use the .dds from JohrR777 which, imho, is the best looking grass texture. So i don't know if this can create more or less issue with the latests CSP, but till i used SOL i never had any issue, so i don't think it can be a problem.
Autodromo de Üqbar v1.3
![]()
View attachment 1194775
Fictional circuit in Brazil.
Conversion from Grand Prix 4.
-CSP recommended
-32 pit/start
-AI, cam
Credits & Thanks;
Original Track by Gildoorf Rozencrantz, Ruboy, Paulo PrBlanco
-Thank you for gave me permission (Gildoorf)
AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI, sidelines and ai_hints.ini by IMEAN
.lua and font base by @gunnar333
logo.png, sections.ini by @Fanapryde
marshall, some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Fanapryde, @Masscot , @Breathe
Enjoy.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.1 changelog;
Added 3D terrain.
Newly re-created s/f track logo.
Fixed billboard mapping.
Tweaked textures.
Replaced Palm tree textures.
Updated ext_config.ini.
Changed crowd textures by Kniker97. (Thanks)
v1.2 changelog;
New AI, sidelines and ai_hints.ini by IMEAN. (Thanks!)
Added garage doors that open and close.
Updated billboard mapping and textures.
Updated road line texture.
Updated ext_config.ini.
v1.3 changelog;
Even when CSP settings → General Patch Settings → CPU optimizations → Chunks optimizations are set to Advanced, ground objects are no longer hidden. (Tested with CSP 0.2.12-preview1.)
Fixed hole.
Fixed fences mapping.
Updated light texture.
Updated ext_config.ini.
The walls now have thickness.
Reworked skidmarks.
Other minor fixes.
the .dds is inside the extension folder of the tracks he released. I just renamed to johnr777grass in order to remember who did it.Where might one find this texture? Can you upload it or give a link please?
The only difference I see is that the colored flowers are deleted, otherwise its the same as highlands.dds with a little contrast difference (very small).the .dds is inside the extension folder of the tracks he released. I just renamed to johnr777grass in order to remember who did it.
![]()
Sorry but no. They are not even closer eachothersThe only difference I see is that the colored flowers are deleted, otherwise its the same as highlands.dds with a little contrast difference (very small).
maybe he updated it during time, reverting the grass. Since he released the first track (sorry don't remember which one) i saved the .dds inside the grassfx folder and used it for all my own config, and as said, replaced for shared ones with the standard from AC.the JR Mosport track has as I said. Guess I should have checked another of his tracks?
View attachment 1489564
My Spa in in the middle of a full blown update.While still being gratefull for the 2003-2005 Spa version converted by RMi we can enjoy in AC, after driving the latest 2005 SPA in AMS2, it would be great to also have access to a conversion of that track in our beloved AC.
As far I'm concerned, for Dumb AI, it is just a small service app I started for myself, out of curiosity. It is not linked with other apps and I use Tetri exploration results with his AI Whisperer to gather insights on "how AI works naturally in AC" and "what I could use to improve my tries"With all the AI apps lately I’m very confused - but I see the potential for better AI racing.
We got Nuzzis AI Apps, RaceCars Mods SafetyCarApp, ancient_3s DumbAI and Tetri with his AI Whisperer. On top of that we got timed races thanks to AC World and penalties with Mavil Track Limit Manager.
Do they all work out of the box and don’t interfere with each other? If not - does a Tutorial exist?
Hm, I even don´t have that folder. Shall I create it?Actually there is pleanty of improvemtent headroom. I just looked into the thing and it seems there are no grassFX textures in the
extension\textures\grassFX folder.
I guess many if not the most tracks are referring to them them and if there aren't any, i guess CSP will use some internal ones.
I just roughly tried to create something out of a file in a track i found and it will take it:
View attachment 1489517
I just tried with find edges and so, but i'm not really a designer, but i guess that could be the problem here.
View attachment 1489518
In the configs of the tracks there will be such entries to reference the textures
View attachment 1489521
If there isn't any besides the track config file (ext_config or trackname.ini in the extension/config/tracks folders), it will look into the extension\textures\grassFX folder
Actually there is pleanty of improvemtent headroom. I just looked into the thing and it seems there are no grassFX textures in the
extension\textures\grassFX folder.
I guess many if not the most tracks are referring to them them and if there aren't any, i guess CSP will use some internal ones.
I just roughly tried to create something out of a file in a track i found and it will take it:
View attachment 1489517
I just tried with find edges and so, but i'm not really a designer, but i guess that could be the problem here.
View attachment 1489518
In the configs of the tracks there will be such entries to reference the textures
View attachment 1489521
If there isn't any besides the track config file (ext_config or trackname.ini in the extension/config/tracks folders), it will look into the extension\textures\grassFX folder
@Peter Boese, Right now we need a little guidance in this, please!
You can find the additional stuff for CSP here
Should we simply put them all back? But why are they missing now (including grass_fx)?older versions of CSP (0.2.1 and lower?) have all the extra stuff as well... simply extract from there
Yes, you could create it. But it's actually a strange rendering in CSP right now, because with textures from the 0.1.79 build its still the same wrong rendering. I'm trying to contact...
The passion is real.Assetto corsa is number one choice by lawn mowing enthusiasts.
View attachment 1489572
You beat me to it by 15min!!
And that's a bad thing, why?I swear most of the people on here are spending more time looking at how the game looks with an microscope than actually playing it lol
You should definitely keep improving the app, adding more stuff as you go such as improving start of race behavior, yellow flag/safety car behavior, side by side racing, accident ahead behavior, qualifying strategy and so on... There are apps that do those things that you could take some inspiration if you want, but having everything in a single app would be very welcome. AI is probably the worst area of Assetto Corsa nowadays, so the more AI tools we have, the better. Not sure how far you want/can go with this, but those are just some ideas to improve the app.As far I'm concerned, for Dumb AI, it is just a small service app I started for myself, out of curiosity. It is not linked with other apps and I use Tetri exploration results with his AI Whisperer to gather insights on "how AI works naturally in AC" and "what I could use to improve my tries"
The Dumb AI app runs each timeframe to check for situations where the original AI seems to be lacking something and try to propose something else by overiding the original behavior.
So far, it just has 3 functionnalities:
- try to expand blue flag behavior by trying to create better overtake opportunities for the leader that is outlapping so that it gets not stuck anymore, but also without provoking crashes or producing new bugs
- overide the "pit when raining" behavior: the original one works very well but I noticed the AI get back on track always with medium tyres compound. This is a good example where you just lack a small thing but have to rewrite the whole process to overide the original situation: from detecting track weather changes to how to make pit the AI and set its tyres to the softer compound
- propose understandable pit strategies: I'm mainly an "arcade-like offline gamer" so I like the idea to be able to simulate rules for different championships but without having to parametrize a zillion of things from scratch each time you want to race. My aim is to propose simple AI strategies that would apply automatically.
Want to have a rule where AI and you must change tyres once in the race ? let's create something that would in the end be just a button to push and the AI will compute itself a frame with small random effects to add diversity.
Want to create a very complex strategy scripted for each AI , what it should do at each lap, etc... ? let's create a json format where you could put all this information and that would be read just by pressing a different button.
I just use my app so I don't know how the Dumb AI would behave when multiple apps give concurrent advices/insights to the same AI. I didn't create a tutorial for it because I was not sure people would use it, I see it has some download but so far had no return about bugs or about new functionnality proposal etc...