Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

  • Thread starter Thread starter daan
  • 157,766 comments
  • 51,970,376 views
@FrustratedUse Is a "new" track from them (i mean, something done in the latests months or is a old track i don't remember)? Because if it's old i probably have reworked it in my archive, if it's new 100% for sure i don't have it, so i didn't reworked it and as far as i noticed, there's no much config for their stuff out there.
No idea when it released.
 
I know some people like when I do this, so I thought i'd share the next track i'm adding it to. Donington Park has got a seasonal trees update. It's done for the most part, but I need to work out some things. Winter is a little too bright and spring may be a bit too dark. Plus I want to make winter a little less white so some brown shows through on the trees.

Spring:
1.webp


Summer:
2.webp


Fall:
3.webp


Winter:
4.webp
 
Any track in PMR that you can find in pCars 1 or 2 is from pCars. Any track you can’t find in pCars is brand new and not made from reused pCars assets. The same goes for the cars as well.

Also I heard somewhere in the PMR discussion the past few days that some of the car models in PMR were purchased from RSS like the Lister Storm.

Not super important but I’m curious if anyone here knew whether that was true or not.
 
Also I heard somewhere in the PMR discussion the past few days that some of the car models in PMR were purchased from RSS like the Lister Storm.

Not super important but I’m curious if anyone here knew whether that was true or not.
This is true, the GT1 are from RSS.
 
FYI: VRC's made a few more of their cars free:

1764318296779.webp

Formula Beta 2008 - Powered by a 4L V8 engine and sporting downforce levels only seen in the top tiers of open wheel motorsport, the Formula Beta 2008 offers the perfect seat for young, aspiring drivers to present their talent to a worldwide audience. The car has been designed to be a class leader in promoting racing, the show and, most importantly, safety; while keeping the costs of entering such a prodigious series attractive to new teams and current teams alike.

1764318331173.webp

Formula Alpha 2022 - VRC proudly presents the Formula Alpha 2022, our most ambitious project so far: Around 1000hp, with 160hp coming from an electric powertrain, a 719kg car weight, and plenty of downforce round out this machine as a track beast. Open wheel powered machines haven't used ground effect in about 40 years to slow cars down and make racing safer. It now appears to be the solution to making track racing more thrilling again.

1764318367605.webp

Formula NA 2012 - No description

1764318410263.webp


Formula NA 2018 - No description

 
Last edited:
You mean ALL the GT1 cars in PMR?
No only the ones from RSS' GT Legends Pack, not the Classic Endurance cars. And regarding the source: It is not trust me bro, it is all available on overtake and the RSS Discord, so you can quit being funny.
 
No only the ones from RSS' GT Legends Pack, not the Classic Endurance cars. And regarding the source: It is not trust me bro, it is all available on overtake and the RSS Discord, so you can quit being funny.
Might well be true, but you just saying it's true, without any information about where you have this information from, is pretty much useless to the rest of us.

If your only source reference is that the information is "available on overtake and rss discord", it's still useless for me. That's about the same as saying "it's true, just look it up in a library". If we knew exactly where to look it up for proper verification, we wouldn't need you saying "it's true".

So if your reference is somewhere on overtake and the rss discord, I need the specific links and quotes to confirm it, because those two are huge, disorganised sources of information.
 
Apparently there is loads of stuff deep within PMR from PCars2. Built from the ground up apprently though. Truth is closer to they have been re selling Shift 2 for years now.
Having said all of that the market is consoles, i've been out of touch with consoles and enjoying all the stuff on PC, I didn't realise how stark proper driving games were over there.
It also runs better on consoles which further leads me to think the PC market isn't what they were going for, i mean why would you, far far more on consoles, would make no business sense to go for PC market.

Also anyone ever buy that 'pista' racing on steam? Hows that going these days? Was that a scam?
 
Also anyone ever buy that 'pista' racing on steam? Hows that going these days? Was that a scam?
I bought it. Its still being developed, but the team is very small and are themselves racing drivers, as far as I understand, so I think their time is limited. Last I tried it, its not the worst, everything needs some polish and optimization and graphics are a bit dull and lacking details around the tracks but its a solid base. They've added some cars and tracks since launch. I wouldn't call it a scam.
 
Might well be true, but you just saying it's true, without any information about where you have this information from, is pretty much useless to the rest of us.

If your only source reference is that the information is "available on overtake and rss discord", it's still useless for me. That's about the same as saying "it's true, just look it up in a library". If we knew exactly where to look it up for proper verification, we wouldn't need you saying "it's true".

So if your reference is somewhere on overtake and the rss discord, I need the specific links and quotes to confirm it, because those two are huge, disorganised sources of information.
There's actual information to be found on Overtake?
I thought it was just where people with advertising fetishes go to masturbate.
 
Also I heard somewhere in the PMR discussion the past few days that some of the car models in PMR were purchased from RSS like the Lister Storm.

Not super important but I’m curious if anyone here knew whether that was true or not.
Recycled content much? I already knew those were RSS models before anyone said anything. The big give away for me is the infamous RSS Porsche 996 RSR wing, no other model has that wing because that wing is wrong to the original IRL car. (I'm surprised no one pointed this out at the time of making that 'Darche')

custom_showroom_1754720019.webp
images.squarespace-cdn.com_content_v1_6598c8e83ff0af0197ff19f9_1718647175562-8VM7JEREKARRQK2B...webp



Next is car sounds: (Not confirmed but they sound similar)
Cadillac V Series R - (PC1) 2015 Ford Mustang GT or (PC3) Ford Mustang GT Racing
Dodge Viper GT2/CC - (GTR2) Dodge Viper GTS-R 2004
Saleen S7R - (AC with Mods) Shadow V8 (Older Version)
There might be more...

EDIT: AMS 2 got it right...
ams-2-porsche-996-gt3-rsr-v0-uhz5wy6c01zf1.webp
 
Last edited:
Pushing it a bit here, as its not even a racing game, but the sky boxes in ATS are IMO amazing, i just can't get on with Pure ones, does anyone know if its possible to mod the pure mod sky boxes to be like ATS?

20251127204258_1.webp
 
Pushing it a bit here, as its not even a racing game, but the sky boxes in ATS are IMO amazing, i just can't get on with Pure ones, does anyone know if its possible to mod the pure mod sky boxes to be like ATS?

View attachment 1495005
Some sociopathic shyster is selling godawful skyboxes on Patreon while somehow maintaining a straight face, so yes, it must be possible.
 

Always laugh at people posting things like this comparison, even a amateur modeler like myself can instantly see they are different models, the meshes don't match. There are differences in the rear wing and diffuser. Yes its possible they started as the same models, with optimization taking place in different ways, but they aren't the same.
 
Out of the blue Pure 0.2.7 now looks really bad, with washed out colors, no visible sun rays on a sunny day, no sunlight inside the car, and when I try to fix the lighting and colors, it ends up looking either too bright or too dark for my taste. I can’t find the exact right settings.
And if that wasn’t enough, Planner changes the date and time however it wants, regardless of whether I set specific dates and times or not.
This is not meant to be a rant, but I’m going to try reinstalling Pure. And if it stays like this, I’m even thinking about going back to Sol.
Has this happened to anyone else?
My picture quality often changes for no reason and without warning. I can spend some time with the settings and get it looking great then save everything only for it to look like you have mentioned next time around. I’m sure there is a bug somewhere.
 
Pushing it a bit here, as its not even a racing game, but the sky boxes in ATS are IMO amazing, i just can't get on with Pure ones, does anyone know if its possible to mod the pure mod sky boxes to be like ATS?

View attachment 1495005
You can add skyboxes to PURE as long as they are the similar type of format.
(I have experimented with some, including adding the lo-res as an option and (some from another game with limited success))
 
Pushing it a bit here, as its not even a racing game, but the sky boxes in ATS are IMO amazing, i just can't get on with Pure ones, does anyone know if its possible to mod the pure mod sky boxes to be like ATS?

View attachment 1495005
What is the problem with the Pure skydomes???

Actually they have a much higher resolution and more dynamic, esp with the latest Pure versions!
 
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back