- 765

- Finland
One of my most memorable races and seasons on AC.
1998 season. I was playing as Schumacher and trailing Hakkinen by 28 points before Spa. 4 races left. Won Hungaroring (which is always the easiest race of the season because for whatever reason the ai is difficult to get fast there).
Spa then, the traditional rain race. You know the chaos race that actually had one of the craziest starts in F1 history. Total annihilation.
Sure in AC the rain is just for the looks here but the spray makes it more difficult anyway. Nothing like that start, I qualified 3rd and passed Coulthard right at the start.
Okay Hakkinen got a great start but I was catching him slowly but surely. It was looking good... you know the traditional Mika vs Michael thing coming.
But then my engine blew just when I was starting the lap 6. Never before my engine blew in the 1998 mod but I made a reckless downshift just before.
That was the season. Hakkinen won and the gap was already 38 points and only 3 races left (remember in the old days points were only 10 for the win).
Sure it was annoying but it was memorable and in many ways very realistic. Check the engine explosion.
Just a cool moment in my AC playing history. Share if you have some.
1998 season. I was playing as Schumacher and trailing Hakkinen by 28 points before Spa. 4 races left. Won Hungaroring (which is always the easiest race of the season because for whatever reason the ai is difficult to get fast there).
Spa then, the traditional rain race. You know the chaos race that actually had one of the craziest starts in F1 history. Total annihilation.
Sure in AC the rain is just for the looks here but the spray makes it more difficult anyway. Nothing like that start, I qualified 3rd and passed Coulthard right at the start.
Okay Hakkinen got a great start but I was catching him slowly but surely. It was looking good... you know the traditional Mika vs Michael thing coming.
But then my engine blew just when I was starting the lap 6. Never before my engine blew in the 1998 mod but I made a reckless downshift just before.
That was the season. Hakkinen won and the gap was already 38 points and only 3 races left (remember in the old days points were only 10 for the win).
Sure it was annoying but it was memorable and in many ways very realistic. Check the engine explosion.
Just a cool moment in my AC playing history. Share if you have some.