Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

  • Thread starter Thread starter daan
  • 157,838 comments
  • 52,087,154 views
Just a small correction: I think the digit marked in red is missing from the [GEARS] section of the drivetrain.ini file in the data folder.

[GEARS]
COUNT=6 ; forward gears number
GEAR_R=-3.273 ; rear gear ratio
; forward gears ratios. must be equal to number of gears defined on count
GEAR_1=3.25
GEAR_2=2.18
GEAR_3=1.60
GEAR_4=1.30
GEAR_5=1.12
GEAR_6=0.96

FINAL=4.556 ; final gear ratio

Without that 1, the jump from fourth to fifth gear feels a bit weird.
1790973992030.webp
hmmm you might be right, oddly enough 1.2 is quoted by italian wikipedia, whilst 1.12 is quoted by spanish wikipedia

thanks for catching the error, what do you think of the car otherwise by the way?
edit: also what was on the Kunos car, for whatever that's worth, if you're seeing this, it has been updated to correct it on the original link
 
Last edited:
... thanks for catching the error, what do you think of the car otherwise by the way?...
To be honest, after noticing something odd happening in your version when shifting from fourth to fifth gear, I compared the data with the original Kunos version and spotted the error.

As for my impressions, bearing in mind that I’ve never driven that marvel in real life and I’m certainly no expert driver, I can say that the Kunos version is relatively easy to drive, whereas yours adds a bit of spice. For instance, your car becomes a little more unsettled when hitting the curbs, which makes the driving experience more interesting and possibly it comes closer to reality, perhaps...

I should also mention that I turned the FFB down quite a bit and disabled Real Feel; I’m not sure why, but if it’s enabled, my steering wheel becomes incredibly stiff. This happens to me sometimes with other mods that use Real Feel, though it might just be down to one of my settings, I’m not sure...

And of course... thanks to you for sharing!
 
Last edited:
To be honest, after noticing something odd happening in your version when shifting from fourth to fifth gear, I compared the data with the original Kunos version and spotted the error.

As for my impressions, bearing in mind that I’ve never driven that marvel in real life and I’m certainly no expert driver, I can say that the Kunos version is relatively easy to drive, whereas yours adds a bit of spice. Your car becomes a little more unsettled when hitting the curbs, for instance, which makes the driving experience more interesting.

I should also mention that I turned the FFB down quite a bit and disabled Real Feel; I’m not sure why, but if it’s enabled, my steering wheel becomes incredibly stiff. This happens to me sometimes with other mods that use Real Feel, though it might just be down to one of my settings, I’m not sure...

And of course... thanks to you for sharing!
for realfeel you need to give it the exact torque your wheelbase peaks at (don't quite remember what the default is), if you set it lower it'll be too strong.
generally, a lot of cars with realfeel don't actually have power steering so they tend to be pretty hefty on the limit, I'll double check how it's set up just in case though.
 
for realfeel you need to give it the exact torque your wheelbase peaks at (don't quite remember what the default is), if you set it lower it'll be too strong...
Yeah, 10Nm in my case, with a Thrustmaster T818, but only for a short time; I'm in the process of switching ecosystems.

In any case, I don't think it's a problem with the mods; as I said, I suspect I have some other setting that's making the steering wheel very stiff all the time when using Real Feel.
 
Last edited:
Gathers Drider Honda Civic 1998 Public Release!!

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ioc0kh8524ds9pb/ek9_n1_Gathers_101creative.rar/file

Converted from GT7

Custom Dashboard built from scratch

Full AO inside & outside for improved depth and realism

Race-accurate interior details

N1 Spec Physics Package by Gravetrap based on real DATA

Authentic high-rev naturally aspirated power delivery

Reworked suspension geometry for proper N1 behavior

Stock gearbox ratios

CSP Optimized Settings

Driver Animation

On this car i did my best to make the car look was close was possible to the real car That is in the museum !



The Super Taikyu Series is an endurance racing series contested by race vehicles based on production cars and production racing cars. Its roots lie in the "N1 Taikyu Series" which started in 1990, and has continued to the present day with changes in the series name and regulations, from "Super N1 Taikyu" in 1995 to "Super Taikyu" in 1998.

Since the race is contested with race cars that are based on commercially available vehicles, it is a category in which the potential of the commercially available cars is directly linked to the race results, and the Civic, which has a powerful engine in a lightweight and compact body, has been competing in this race series with successive models doing well.

The Gathers Civic began competing in 1998. It was based on the first-generation Civic Type R (EK9 model) that had appeared the previous year in August 1997, but as it was built to N1 regulations, the scope of modifications was limited, with the body being strengthened and lightened, and the suspension and intake and exhaust systems being tuned.

The highlight of the Gathers Civic's full-scale entry in the 1998 season was its success in the 15th Tokachi 24 Hours race held that same year. Although the Tokachi 24 Hours is a race in the Super Taikyu series, it is a special race in which it competes alongside higher-category GT cars.

The Gathers Civic, with car number 77, was driven by three drivers: Yasuyoshi Yamamoto, Satoshi Tsujimoto, and Kaoru Shimamura, and competed in Class 4. In contrast to the cars in the higher classes that struggled with problems in the final race, the car showed off a fast run that surpassed the Skyline GT-R (BCNR33), a top-class car in the Super Taikyu Series.

Three GT cars took first, second, and third places overall, but the Gathers Civic took the checkered flag in an astounding fourth place overall, achieving the overall victory in the Super Taikyu class. Up until that point, the Skyline GT-R had achieved 50 consecutive wins in the Super Taikyu series, and this race embodied the Civic's unique style of taking on larger-displacement vehicles with a small-displacement engine.

As of 2023, the Gathers Civic is stored in the Honda Collection Hall within the Mobility Resort, and although it is not available year-round, it can still be seen in its original condition.

Unfortunately, photography of the engine bay and interior was not permitted at this Gathers press conference, but like other vehicles housed at the Honda Collection Hall, it has previously been seen for running confirmation tests and appears to be preserved in working order.

Honda Access currently supports Modulo Nakajima Racing, which competes in SUPER GT under the "Modulo" sports brand, and runs the Modulo NSX-GT. As it celebrates its 35th anniversary, we look forward to seeing another brand, "Gathers," racing on the circuit once again, as it continues to forge ahead in its history.

__custom_showroom_1790972314.webpezgif-7da85468494c8107.gifSem nome.webp__custom_showroom_1790972349.webp__custom_showroom_1790972341.webp__custom_showroom_1790972328.webp__custom_showroom_1790972319.webp
 
While i finally captured a proper lua coder to help me on my projects, i got caught off guard.

Meet Cobal, cause we're not joking anymore


1790979717406.webp



i love this one particularly, because
1790979743727.webp
is just :

"to compare if more overtakes took place in race A than in race B, we do (overtakes A) - (overtakes B)"


And there are pages of those. I love this. There's also quotes from psychology experts, statisticians, formulas from Mann-Whitney / Vargha-Delaney (researcher in quantitative psychology & psychometrics, and professor in psychology & statistic methodology) and many, many others.

The scientific paper is here, the main page Cobal

I'm not falling for that one - i still hesitate, out of curiosity mainly, but i've had my safe amount of desillusions for the year, and i want to keep some stamina for 2027.
 

Attachments

  • 1790980245322.webp
    1790980245322.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
While i finally captured a proper lua coder to help me on my projects, i got caught off guard.

Meet Cobal, cause we're not joking anymore


View attachment 1568781


i love this one particularly, because View attachment 1568783 is just :

"to compare if more overtakes took place in race A than in race B, we do (overtakes A) - (overtakes B)"


And there are pages of those. I love this. There's also quotes from psychology experts, statisticians, formulas from Mann-Whitney / Vargha-Delaney (researcher in quantitative psychology & psychometrics, and professor in psychology & statistic methodology) and many, many others.

The scientific paper is here, the main page Cobal

I'm not falling for that one - i still hesitate, out of curiosity mainly, but i've had my safe amount of desillusions for the year, and i want to keep some stamina for 2027.
In other words, this seems pretty much to be Assetto Corsa's answer to Gran Turismo 7's Sophy AI.
 
In other words, this seems pretty much to be Assetto Corsa's answer to Gran Turismo 7's Sophy AI.

I wish. This is a complete hallucination where the Median Absolute Deviation formula is applied from nowhere, then discarded because it doesn't fit the normality hypothesis and you'd rather use non-parametric tests from Vargha Delaney/Hodges-Lehmann.

Am i familiar with half of those? Nope, but google is.


In the alternate reality (the one you and i are living), we're comparing 11 Kunos BMW Z' GT3s racing on a few laps with a lua script.

there's a difference between "oh on this test we got more overtakes with the script running and it kept the spacing tight"


and

"For race r, let Yr = (Yqr)q∈Q collect outcomes q, such as duel time, overtakes, physical spacing
and pace. A candidate c is described by the vector of race-level medianŝ
Y(c) =
(
medianr∈R(c) Yqr
)
q∈Q . (2)
The outcomes remain separate: a longer battle, an additional pass and a smaller physical gap
measure different contributions to racing. Reading them together connects competitive gains
with pace and safety and allows a candidate to be judged against its module’s objective and the
complete race"



Such a cosmic trip. Wouldn't bother me out of a test app on OT, but this is a patreon commercial.
 
"Modulo wheels" on the wings straightened out a bit for the Gathers civic, not changed anything else

rename the .txt to .dds and drag over

no need for a photo you get the point

i will probably go over this and do a 4k version soon
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back