Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,325 comments
To see the "use extended physics" option on the 'Drive' menu of Content Manager, you have to go to "Settings/Content Manager/Drive" and activate "Allow to use car's patch data to activate extended physics" under "Quick Drive advanced tweaks".
But I don't know what the option "use extended physics" adds to cars without baked in extended physics. For cars with baked in extended physics, you don't need this option and you can't deactivate the extended physics with this option for those cars.
I’m confused. What does “use extended physics” do?

You’re saying that it’s not needed for cars without baked in extended physics… and it’s also not needed for cars with baked in extended physics. Huh?

As a faster partner to the recent Ginetta G40 Junior, here's Shaun Clarke's excellent Ginetta G40 GT5 physics applied to that better G40 model with the working wipers etc.
Much faster car than the Junior (165 BHP vs 100 BHP).

1710714215715.png

Should drive the same as SC's original GT5, just look more refined and with working wipers, new driver, more skins etc etc.
Installs as a new car (Ginetta G40 GT5 2020) so won't overwrite anything.
https://sharemods.com/ek51gsqjvhs2/ginetta_g40_gt5_2020.7z.html

Thank you, you're a star! Who knows when that box was unchecked.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem that this was the cause of the problem I've been experiencing!

Would anybody be able to corroborate what I'm experiencing? The affected cars I'm spotting are in the TC Legends and TA Legends pack; if you choose a car with extended physics baked in (I'm using the GADU Alfa Romeo TZ2 for example) with these cars on the grid, then they behave very strangely - their tires generate literally no grip and they just kind of float off the track.

Playing around with CSP versions, they work as intended with pre-0.2 versions. They also still work if you select a car that doesn't have cphys baked in.
I have a feeling it's a CSP 0.2 error - I'm getting the exact same problem with Death Wish Garage 3.0 drift cars. The Discord server for those cars suggests disabling Extended Physics, but I suspect the toggle is broken on the latest CSP Preview.

You’re saying that it’s not needed for cars without baked in extended physics… and it’s also not needed for cars with baked in extended physics. Huh?
I didn't say, that it's not needed for cars without baked in extended physics. I said, that I don't know what the option "use extended physics" adds to cars without baked in extended physics. It changes the car.ini in data.acd from

[HEADER]
VERSION=1 (or 2)

to

[HEADER]
VERSION=extended-1 (or extended-2)

But what does this mean for the physics of the car. What is changed? And what is the difference to cars with baked in extended physics?

Anyone else having trouble with the RSS Formula V8 2010? I can't run a race with it. I've tried about a dozen times on various tracks and various AI levels and they will still pileup at some point either in a corner or even on a straight, doesn't matter. If you make it by the pile of cars, the cars will still sometimes go up on two wheels and cart wheel off the track or into another car or cars. It's just a mess. Now I'm trying races with all the same cars and I haven't tried with just one of them against other types of F1 cars.

Awww thanks for your kind words sir... sadly life has gotten in the way, not sure if I can keep working on stuff anymore. But at least I got my rig back together. Hope you are doing well!
The real life is still the important thing. If you will work with AC stuff again is secondary.
I wish you all the best.

Last edited:
Could anyone tell me if the website "24 heures Le Mans Banque d'images" has changed its email address?

It showed us for decades, like (50-59)( 60-69) with all the Le Mans participants (miniature car models, like "Burago", "Maisto") it was easy to see (to know the type of car ) and also research (specific details for each one).

I haven't been able to access it for a couple of weeks now (message, website not found), maybe someone knows if it went somewhere else.Thank you very much in advance!
is that what you want?

I'm having a very recent problem with the ai cars rejoining the races, after teleporting back to the pits when spinning out/crashing.
In CSP’s ’NEW AI BEHAVIOR’ tab, I have the ‘Get back to the race after going to pits’ box unchecked, but now they’re still leaving the pits.
I’m running CSP version 0.22.

Does anyone else have this problem? :confused:

Last edited:
Did you faced any issue with the AI? I tried to race on Imola, and most of the drivers end fliying arround the track, crashing and stuck on the gravel. Feels like they are not heavy enough and do chicanes on two wheels hahhaaha.
I ran 2 three lap races at Imola (Pyyer 3.0) with 10 cars and never have any pile up issues all cars completed the race but yes sometimes on other tracks if the car hits the curb or high chicane it can go up on two wheels. lol

Found this in one of my earlier vids of the RSS 2010 V8. It does go up on 2 wheels so I seen a few others complain about this
probably going to get a patch or fix soon.

Using quotes should work. Try #"Formula 4"
I could have sworn I tried this several times lol

I feel dumb now, it works. Thank you!

As a faster partner to the recent Ginetta G40 Junior, here's Shaun Clarke's excellent Ginetta G40 GT5 physics applied to that better G40 model with the working wipers etc.

View attachment 1338128

Should drive the same as SC's original GT5, just look more refined and with working wipers, new driver, more skins etc etc.
By the way Windows Defender kept quarantining this with a trojan. Probably Windows being a bit over zealous but just as a heads up

I'm having a very recent problem with the ai cars rejoining the races, after teleporting back to the pits when spinning out/crashing.
In CSP’s ’NEW AI BEHAVIOR’ tab, I have the ‘Get back to the race after going to pits’ box unchecked, but now they’re still leaving the pits.
I’m running CSP version 0.22.

Does anyone else have this problem? :confused:
Yes I noticed this yesterday. A few AI cars crashed on lap 1 and as I crossed the finish line to complete lap 1 they were coming back to the race out of the pits.

Did you faced any issue with the AI? I tried to race on Imola, and most of the drivers end fliying arround the track, crashing and stuck on the gravel. Feels like they are not heavy enough and do chicanes on two wheels hahhaaha.
Imola is broken, i have several cars crash in this place on every lap, regardless of class. g1, gt3 etc.

20240318154753_1.jpg

Rumors about new CSP-build with a bunch of fixes and features have been circulating for the last three (?) weeks, that it is “about to be published,” but this still does not happen. All that remains is wait. :)

Hey, I've added the sparks extension to Kunos Lotus98T based F1 cars (my vintage seasons).

Works great on ASR cars and this mod actually works with Kunos Lotus 98T but not very well. It requires pretty huge ground contact to get the sparks flowing (i.e Zolder vintage track).

The sparks were the most apparent in the 85, 86 and 87 season cars. But I have a hard time getting them.

Has anyone made better sparks extension for these cars?

Last edited:

the tick box changes version to extended-2 (which by default enables rain phys) and i believe also adds some of the suspension fixes iirc. but actual extended physics have to manually be added

View attachment 1338128

This GT5 can quickly run out of gears on long straights (eg at RT Dubai Autodrome, a major update of which is coming very soon) so here's a revised drivetrain.ini to stop the needle bouncing off the redline so soon.
Unpack the car's data.acd, drop this new drivetrain.ini in the data folder, overwrite when asked, repack the data, then delete the unpacked data folder.

Last edited:
Hey, I've added the sparks extension to Kunos Lotus98T based F1 cars (my vintage seasons).

Works great on ASR cars and this mod actually works with Kunos Lotus 98T but not very well. It requires pretty huge ground contact to get the sparks flowing (i.e Zolder vintage track).

The sparks were the most apparent in the 85, 86 and 87 season cars. But I have a hard time getting them.

Has anyone made better sparks extension for these cars?
Maybe @RMi_wood can help you, if needed, he did made a sparks mod for the RSS F1-car.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back