Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,820 comments
Since in the past few weeks I've done countless laps during testing and racing at the new Daytona track, and I've really began to enjoy oval racing with nascar mods! So I have a request @LiquidSkyMan, can you possibly look at the AI for the Charlotte oval when you get the chance? With full grid, some AI cars don't start and there's a few crashes in qualifying. With all of AC's limits to oval racing, it still sure as hell is fun!

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/mountain-peak-charlotte-speedway.164316/

I'll give it a look and see what can be done :-)

Edit: U said some cars don't start off the grid. What cars are they that won't start? Is this just using the NASCAR mod?

Last edited:
Quick question here. I'm 99% of time competing against AI, basically due to lack of time from my side. Quick 10-15 lap-races, mostly GTs or TCRs. But I've got a problem with AI: most of the tracks that are not Kunos (or from well-established modders) have rubbish or non-existing AI, even the track being awesome. Also, the cars sweep you out of the track from behind as they seem to be in rails. Nothing really happens to them.

Is there any way I can configure the AI better to better enjoy solo gameplay? Cheers!

Not done it for a while - creating your own AI path by driving around yourself - https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/how-can-i-make-ai-path.234/

Anyone correct me if it no longer works, not in a position to test it myself right now.

I can hardly read it unfortunately but it looks like it has something to do with the physics engine breaking. Does the same thing happen with every car and track? If it does you may want to try backing up your car and track collection and reinstalling the game fresh.
yea it does happen to whichever track or car I choose, just suddenly happens, hopefully don't need to reinstall

here is what it said there
AC\physicsavatar.cpp (298): PhysicsAvatar::stepCommandQueue
AC\physicsengine.cpp (182): PhysicsEngine::step
AC\physicsdrivethread.cpp (246): PhysicsDriveThread::run

Last edited:
Hello guys excuse the stupid question , has anyone already tried to do animation marshal circuits Assetto Corsa to wave flags?
Thank you for your kind reply and patience

Hello, I downloaded in this forum file content.zip with these cars, but I've just discovered the file is corrupted. I'd like to downloaded it again but I'm not able to find the link. Please can someone put the link or tell me the page where it is (I tried with Searsh but I didn't find it)

Thank you

Immagine.png

Help Needed
This happened suddenly after playing AC for a few hours, then I tried to wait it out since yesterday but appears to be having the same unexpected error window popping out after loading screen.
View attachment 926945
Is there anything I can do? (tried turning off the computer and back on, still the same)
Hy, sorry I don't know how to help You, but your Golf caught My attention, is free to download? Where I can find it? Thanx in advance

Zandvoort 2020 -- DRS Zones?

I've downloaded the recent version of Zandvoort 2020, however, it's not clear from the posts who made the most recent updates.

It's looking pretty good, and seems to improve with each new version I install. However, it still doesn't have the two DRS zones and markers.

So for whoever's working on it, or someone who knows how to add DRS... it would definitely further along this new version's development, especially for use with F1 and other cars that use it.

It's from rFactor 2. Half the track was laser scanned, the AC (and ACC) version unfortunately is not. The assets and (especially) the trees don't look that good, but the track itself is much more accurate than the one in AC, and especially the 2020 version from RD. Also the gras/asphalt borders can use some work, unfortunately I'm not capable of doing this myself though otherwise I would've done it. I'll leave that to the more capable modders!

There is a updated version:

Zandvoort 2020
Update:
- Added sets of trackcameras
- Redone shaders
- Added SAFER barrier in final turn
- Added Tecpro-barriers
- Fixed wall in final turn
- Various small fixes and improvements

http://www.mediafire.com/file/v5ej0mz73w0n9bn/Zandvoort_2020_1.0.rar

When you've used Customtracksbakery to create vao patches did you set up arguments for particular tracks?
I haven't yet. I've looked through the ini though. I'm pretty happy with the default. If I ever get time though I'd like to make some tracks darker with more shadows but not really a necessity, just more about tinkering.

Quick question here. I'm 99% of time competing against AI, basically due to lack of time from my side. Quick 10-15 lap-races, mostly GTs or TCRs. But I've got a problem with AI: most of the tracks that are not Kunos (or from well-established modders) have rubbish or non-existing AI, even the track being awesome. Also, the cars sweep you out of the track from behind as they seem to be in rails. Nothing really happens to them.

Is there any way I can configure the AI better to better enjoy solo gameplay? Cheers!

I've never tried it, but yes you can. I believe this video will show you how. . If you search on Race Department, someone has already uploaded ai fixes for a few tracks. Not sure of the link. Like I say, I've never tried it, so hope this helps you.

Not sure if this is a car mod thing, I’m having a couple issues with a number of small cars, the issues maybe related, one issue the Mini Cooper John Works ‘09 for example upon a standing start has the rear wheels are locked up and the car barely gets into second gear while dragging the rear wheels smoking, the other with the Mini Cooper JWC (F56) ‘19 the vehicle starts, upon shifting into second gear stalls, some of my other Mini Coopers work fine. Not having any issues with faster cars just a number of these smaller cars. Using CM, have ‘car-specific controls’ uncheck, even tried switching everything to automatic to no avail. I thought this maybe only mod car related, but the Kunos Mazda MX5 ND ‘15 wants to stall upon shifting into second gear.

Thank you for the time spent writing this, I'm aware of the brake bias option and the setup.ini, but that is not what I need.
I was talking about brake power multiplier. What I would like to do is to set it to default at something different to 100% .

These are the corresponding lines in setup.ini:

[BRAKE_POWER_MULT]
SHOW_CLICKS=0
TAB=GENERIC
NAME=Brake power
MIN=80
MAX=100
STEP=1
POS_X=0.5
POS_Y=3
HELP=HELP_BRAKE_POWER_MULT

This is what in AC comes closer to real-life brake-pressure or pedal force. For Mégane Trophy, Renault advice to start with 75% of the overall power to start building setup.

Unfortunately, in AC brakes is one of the most simplified things: in the case of a front-disks / rear-drums car, for example, you cannot set a different brake torque for front-rear. What you can do is just set an overall max brake power, and then play with bias to move it. It's a bit limiting, far from real-life but we can live with it.

But ever since I start reworking race-car, what I really miss is a way to change default brake power (RL "pedal-force"), so the point is: am I missing this option, or it just doesn't exist?

Hi there same question I asked Kunos about the Radical and it is not possible. It has to start at 100% and then it has to be manually adjusted.

The only way you can do this (but will still show 100%) is to manually calculate the % of 100 of what you want to acheive using the Max_Torque value in the brake.ini file.

So for example, if your Max Torque was 2000 and you wanted 95% Brake power, you will need to change the Max Torque value to 95% of 2000.

Hope that makes sense, but that's the explaination I got

Shaun

I read this a couple of times and I still don't understand, maybe it's me... ;)
I use a Heusinkveld SQ shifter. It obviously shifts up and down the gears and when in neutral, a push forward puts in in reverse.
My Fanatec H-shifter (when I switch in SQ mode) acts the same way.
But I guess it's not what you mean ?

https://www.simrace-blog.com/2019/07/hrs-jinx-shifters-ensemble-pour-un-shifter-sequentiel/
i would like to use this neutral switch better than 6/5/4/3/2/1/N/R but it's probably not implemented in ac as manual pit limiter or ignition and start.
thxs

Formula RSS 2 V6 updated to 2020 spec and more news!

We are glad to announce that the new Formula RSS 2 V6 2020 car has been added to our car roster!

This new version includes updated visuals, with larger wheels, new liveries, updated physics to match the new tyre specifications and greatly improved sounds.

The car is included for free to all the customers who own the current Formula RSS 2 V6, either the single car, or one of the packs that includes this car, and it's also featured in our new Formula RSS 2020 Pack 1, alongside the Formula Hybrid 2020 and the Formula Americas 2020. Find out more by visiting our SellFy page

Formula RSS 2 V6 updated to 2020 spec and more news!

We are glad to announce that the new Formula RSS 2 V6 2020 car has been added to our car roster!

This new version includes updated visuals, with larger wheels, new liveries, updated physics to match the new tyre specifications and greatly improved sounds.

The car is included for free to all the customers who own the current Formula RSS 2 V6, either the single car, or one of the packs that includes this car, and it's also featured in our new Formula RSS 2020 Pack 1, alongside the Formula Hybrid 2020 and the Formula Americas 2020. Find out more by visiting our SellFy page
i cant seem to find the direct DL link from the email (i purchased it for free during a "sale")

i cant seem to find the direct DL link from the email (i purchased it for free during a "sale")

What email do you mean? I grabbed the free Formula 2018 pack march 23. and now when I opened the DL-link from the "purchase" email, the updated RSS 2 V6 was added there for the download.

Which is wonderful.

Guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me. I looked alot for a good version of the mercedes AMG GTR 2017 but didn't find one that I find "realistic". The most common one, I think from markos Krass (don't know if someone edited afterwards) oversteers alot and doesn't seem real to me. Does anyone have a link to a "better" version of this car. It's kinda the one car that I like and could never find a proper one in AC.
Thanks in Advance :)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back