Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,766 comments
Hi, I've had this issue shown in the picture when racing with the cockpit view. Is there anything I could do to fix it?View attachment 932158

Just use the standard AC ockpit camera app in the in-game pop out sidebar and move your virtual driving seat forward. What you're seeing there is the back of the driver's seat! If you move the camera forward, you'll see out the windscreen instead. Makes driving a lot easier. :P

BTW, my original post wasn't so much about SimDream as it was about the difference between "PROTOTYPE C" and "GTP IMSA". I was more or less trying to find out if they were interchangeable; should the gtp imsa's be included in my prototype c grid.

I should have left out the info about SimDream; seems the main point of a post can get clouded by the controversy that follow's mentioning that sketchy 'company'.

Anyway, sooooo, back to my original question. If I add the gtp imsa's to my prototype c grid, is that a match?

Wikipedia has the answers you seek.

Gothenburg City Race
v0.8

The original Track is from STCC – The Game by SimBin Development.
GTR2 conversion by Bruno Gourdo.
Assetto Corsa conversion by nrms.

A very fun short tight track based in the harbour of Gothenburg, Sweden.

Thanks to LSM for the AI lines, safi hellie for the cameras and Slider for testing and config additions.
Many many thanks to SimBin and Bruno Gourdo!

This is my first full track convert for Assetto Corsa, I hope some of you enjoy it!
nrms

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6goc8r7febot76x/gothenburg.7z/file

Thanks for this amazing track!

Here you go menos | M6. This is Version 6, which is the most up to date:

https://sharemods.com/1b5gofzvg7q5/KsEditorAt___40_v6__41_.zip.html
Thanks again for teh nice help guys ;-)
The improved KsEditor is soooo much better (for one it actually renders the model and properly loads in full screen) ;-)

I am having another problem I am breaking my legs with since yesterday:

I am trying to remove a few objects on a car model (such as fog lights, trim, etc).
The foglights are nested into the whole LIGHTS object so this is what I tried to do:

- open model in 3DSimEd
- select the object the foglights are inside
- use "Isolate" to load this object in a separate window
- CTRL and mouse window select the foglights and use "delete facets"
- export edited object to fbx
- go back to whole model in first 3DSimEd window
- use the "replace object" function to replace the old LIGHTS object with foglights with the new object with its foglights removed

Result: great result in 3DSimEd
The problem is that such an edited model will absolutely not load in the showroom (or in session).
Content Manager simply crashes the moment you open the showroom

At first I thought that perhaps the deleted objects are still used in some data.acd file (like in lights.ini), so I tried the same as above with a couple of other objects that definitely are not used in any function - same results :-(

What am I doing wrong here?

Ah sorry mate, said it was untested. Maybe someone can create one here for you.

No harm done, I had tested it and disappointed myself already before you pointed it out.

However, this is kinda funny: I applied the AI files of that wet version to the original, and it seems to be working (at least at some level)!

No harm done, I had tested it and disappointed myself already before you pointed it out.

However, this is kinda funny: I applied the AI files of that wet version to the original, and it seems to be working (at least at some level)!

That's good to know - i'll do the same :cheers:

AI is actually a real easy thing to make. You have to enable dev apps and in there is an AI app. It's as simple as pressing a button and driving around the track once and saving it. Do a pit lane as well and you're done.

AI is actually a real easy thing to make. You have to enable dev apps and in there is an AI app. It's as simple as pressing a button and driving around the track once and saving it. Do a pit lane as well and you're done.

I know, I've done a couple of "slow but sure" -type AI lines. I just was too lazy for that in this hot summer night. Tried a couple of times and went wide in the last corner. :D

I am an absolute AI noob. I don't know exactly how Brakehint and Danger work in ai.hints.ini.
But I created an AI for the first time. For the AVUS DTM Track. The Track is currently running great with GT3 Cars. It's not good with the 90s DTM cars. Think with the same AI setting I will not be able to drive both types of car.

F1 2008 mod upgrade done, 22 helmets and visors skins reworked, i used some textures by Fabio Contier from an 2008 mod on automobilista found on RD, some other are made by me, all 22 cars shaders are fixed with new AO, Rain light added, some cars skins fixed also ( numbers, propers name driver on cars ), propers cameras set added too, ui, previews fixed and reworked, errors on .acd fixed, shadows fixed, .kn5 fixed ( physics match with 3d cars, red bull and toro rosso specially ) others adjustements and improvments in all cars...
Note : rim blur are disabled for the moment and are not fixed, glow disc issues not fixed because of bad objects used for discs for all cars...
If you have already buy the mod, i can provide a link to my ugraded version in p.m only :)
View attachment 845216View attachment 845217 View attachment 845218 View attachment 845219 View attachment 845221 View attachment 845222 View attachment 845223 View attachment 845224 View attachment 845225 View attachment 845226 View attachment 845227
Hello Marc, I've been looking for something like this for too long, I love 2008 season and I would love to have this upgraded version since I did not like the original one. I hope you can send it to me, thankyou!

I am an absolute AI noob. I don't know exactly how Brakehint and Danger work in ai.hints.ini.
But I created an AI for the first time. For the AVUS DTM Track. The Track is currently running great with GT3 Cars. It's not good with the 90s DTM cars. Think with the same AI setting I will not be able to drive both types of car.

That's the confusing part. The top part is for tracks and the bottom part is for cars. Don't worry about the brakehint or any of that stuff. You're just hitting record, driving the line and then saving it. They just grouped the car AI settings on the same app page.

Wikipedia has the answers you seek.

I know I'm an dork, lol. I posted the question after researching it quite a bit. I only asked the guys here because I was still confused about it.

Anyone have any clue why UI changes can't be saved on that new Aston Martin AMR1 Group C car?

All the files for that car were marked "read-only". Remove that from properties and you should be good to go.

I know I'm an dork, lol. I posted the question after researching it quite a bit. I only asked the guys here because I was still confused about it.

All the files for that car were marked "read-only". Remove that from properties and you should be good to go.

Thanks for the info. I’ll be sure to change the appropriate values when I check it out again tomorrow.

I think out of the 200 or so mods I have installed currently, that’s the only one that’s ever been packaged like that. Odd.

@Fanapryde

this setting works properly, so kinda the exact opposite of what we thought,
this still stops you shifting down on overrev to a lower gear, and wont allow you to shift to N or R while rolling forward. Also, if you just delete the entire downshift protection section this appears to be the default behavior as well.

[DOWNSHIFT_PROTECTION]
ACTIVE=1
DEBUG=0 ; adds a line in the log for every missed downshift
OVERREV=200 ; How many RPM over the limiter the car is allowed to go
LOCK_N=1

Can't seem to get this protection logic to work on the eagle_mkIII. Perhaps, there's something more to it?

Can't seem to get this protection logic to work on the eagle_mkIII. Perhaps, there's something more to it?

This version you have different than the 1.1 / no author?

rd56.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back