Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,743 comments
Hmmmm....i am liking the look of those dirt oval tracks........hmmmm

View attachment 949100

I actually managed to "get lost" and coming over willow springs by accident some years ago while on vacation in the US. They where having a trackday on Big Willow but most of the crowd was over on these little oval tracks watching something that looked like a mix of low budget nascar and destruction derby :P

Don't know if it is the one you need, but here is my upload for Londrina (short and long), author TheStrobe, v ??

https://mega.nz/#!OSR2FKCB!f54AbxYA9lFQ8G19OjBULF9z5IhPR7xRPVzFtsMmRLs

Edit:
It is the same track. PR (iirc) stands for Paranà (Brasil).
The distant skyline is a bit whitish, but the track has great roadfeel.
(Short and long just stand for with/without chicane).
Hi the link doesn't work :-( I need this track for StockCar Brazil 2019 mod by 1st racing studio

Hi guys,.. i had a old classic dtm package with the alfa 155, merc, bmw and the opel calibra,.. but i cant find it anymore,.. can somebody please point me the direction where i can download this package again or maybe you have it and wanna share it with our dtm lovers... and i know there are loose versions of it but this was a package with same BOP...

tnx in advance...

Hi guys,.. i had a old classic dtm package with the alfa 155, merc, bmw and the opel calibra,.. but i cant find it anymore,.. can somebody please point me the direction where i can download this package again or maybe you have it and wanna share it with our dtm lovers... and i know there are loose versions of it but this was a package with same BOP...

tnx in advance...

i'm not sure which page it is but use the search and find the 155, it legion has the fia class 1 which has the C180, calibra and the 155, on here you got the 1995 and 1996 155s, TJ did a remodel of his c180 and that's the 1995 cars velo did i guess an overhaul on the calibra and his website has 1995 skins them...scumbags if you know who i'm on about has the 1994 cars which includes the calibra and that competes with them aswell.

Ferrari F50
by Dan Bucsa (Our Racing Simulator Project)

View attachment 949159
- data replacement
replaced race driver with Japanese millionaire

data.acd.txt = data.acd

(I would like to know how to do model replacement without modifying data.acd, help?)
Anyone else find those lid-free drivers creepy as hell?
The first thing I do is slap a helmet on the buggers and try to forget their blank menacing stares.

Hi guys,
anybody knows something about the track Londrina PR? Found on youtube but without link.
The track seems to be disappeared. Can´t find it anywhere. :(
Didn't VheEth do a brand new conversion of this track from Automobilista?
Hard to think the old version is better.

Oops I missed a few post :)

Last edited:
Hi guys. Does anyone know why there is a remnant of the logo when it is no longer present on the file?
upload_2020-8-14_13-53-36.png

upload_2020-8-14_13-53-50.png

Hi,

Did anybody else had the windows of some if not all cars darker for a while?If so, is there anyway to fix it or be the way it was before?Thanks!

20200814085345_1.jpg 20200814085341_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20200814085341_1.jpg
    20200814085341_1.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20200814085345_1.jpg
    20200814085345_1.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 17
Personally I think Barcelona is the best track for testing mods. There’s a huge straight, some slow corners, mid-speed corners and some high speed corners as well. The track also has decently hard braking zones and tricky direction changes that can throw the car off-balance. As a bonus it’s F1’s testing grounds, and they chose it for a reason.

Barce has one feature Road America lacks: esses (fast directional changes...as opposed to chicanes: slow directional changes), but I've had too many laps ruined by brushing those fatal curbs. I'm not talking Harvey Weinstein grabbing what he's not entitled to; I'm talking Audrey Hepburn tickling you with an ostrich feather...and the next thing you know you wake up in the hospital encased in plaster.

Can someone do me a favor? If you have the ACFL 34 Ford Legends car can you run a 16 to 20 car grid and let me know if you see the wheels and sometimes the body of the car disappear around 5 cars ahead and reappear at inconsistent distances. Driving me nuts.

Also, please note, I'm talking about the ACFL version of this car:
acfl_mod_legend

There is another version out there, but I'm specifically talking about the ACFL version.

I'm also seeing a similar issue with the KS-76 Class Union C2 gokarts. If you have that one, can you check? Driver disappearing at weird times, etc.

Thanks much, my friends.
Teddie

Currently testing a particular track's AI-line, and thought to test this mod (acfl_legend) and assist with your inquiry... BTW, I've had similar experiences in past with this mod, and have adjusted the lod_ini so that cars are visible at all times in greater quality, particularly for replay mode...

Did a 10lap Track Day with 33 cars on the grid - all OK

CM/Graphic Adjustment - current settings fyi
upload_2020-8-14_22-55-25.png

Last edited:
There are only few people that can work properly with gran turismo models, and the ones from gt6 are the most tedious to work with. You need to learn at least the basics of 3d and assigning all the materials and texture is pure pain since their names are just numbers that don't even match between mesh name and texture name. I'm pretty sure they also lose mapping with the extraction so you need to fully remap every part of the car (I know not many people here care about stuff like mapping or ao but they are needed to get a mod that doesn't look like a toy). So that's basically why there are so many interesting gt6 models out there and not many mods based on them
This is 100% true. Here's a prime example of the mish mashed textures that the GT games use this is SPORT but still the same.
2020.08.14-14.50.png

a comparison with Project Cars 2 models they are understandable unlike this cluster.... above....
2020.08.14-14.54.png

Anyone else find those lid-free drivers creepy as hell?
The first thing I do is slap a helmet on the buggers and try to forget their blank menacing stares.
I quite like to see some faces. Drivers in vintage tintops just look wrong with a full-face helmet IMO, and Jack never really used a face muffler. I do have a version with him wearing goggles as I wouldn't like him to go racing without those.

__custom_showroom_1587484568_cr.jpg
__custom_showroom_1587985112_cr.jpg

Last edited:
There are only few people that can work properly with gran turismo models, and the ones from gt6 are the most tedious to work with. You need to learn at least the basics of 3d and assigning all the materials and texture is pure pain since their names are just numbers that don't even match between mesh name and texture name. I'm pretty sure they also lose mapping with the extraction so you need to fully remap every part of the car (I know not many people here care about stuff like mapping or ao but they are needed to get a mod that doesn't look like a toy). So that's basically why there are so many interesting gt6 models out there and not many mods based on them
Well frick, I figured something was holding people back from working on these. I should've guessed that they would be difficult to work with considering Polyphony Digital's attention to detail when working on these "Premium" models, but I didn't think it was that bad. Thanks for the explanation.

but that's a real shame, I guess I'll have to wait longer for some of them.

Quick question with hopefully a simple answer: I'm changing PCs at the moment. How do I salvage my Content Manager 'premium' code? Thanks.

Edit: also, is there a good guide for transferring mods, settings, RHM etc? Thanks again.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back