- 383

- United States
Yesterday. the announcers made mention of a "brand new" track for the Xfinity (NASCAR Jr.) race, even though it was patently the same exact layout that the Indy cars had raced on a couple of hours before. There have been several variants of the infield 'road course' since it was built for the U.S. GP in 2000 (I believe), all of which have used the long, wide, North-South straight in the middle of the facility. Most of the layouts have been clockwise.
@ Paulo Ribeiro: That one's from 2013. The prob with most of the Indy variants I've tried (at least the ovals), is the AI; either poorly done or non-existent. The oval is a narrow ribbon of asphalt (as the NASCAR drivers have complained) and you need really consistent AI to keep them out of your lane at 240 mph (385 kph).
There was a version of Indy posted on Race Dept but was taken down which I think it was called Indianapolis 2013 and I downloaded it before it was taken down. May have been a ownership thing. It has an Oval and a Road Course version. The Road Course goes Counter Clockwise and is the same infield course route that the "MOTO bikes" race on at Indy.
OK final word: Looked at the you tube videos of the Indycar race yesterday route they took at Indy and this track mod I have is not the same route map. And no way to make so without doing track design modifications to the KN5. Close but no cigar.
Last edited: