Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,758 comments
961 to be soon
m1aNTWXkIuc.jpg
tSEiqx4zgrE.jpg

I really hope that Porsche will run well with the IMSA GTO cars we already have. Or at least won’t be too much of a hassle to BoP it in.

Either way thanks for converting this one.

I did a small tuto for RAIN FX guys
Let's have a look, i think it could help some of you...

(Only for CSP 1.63 Preview 3 Beta version minimumView attachment 951655 )

Big thanks to Peter Smith and Code Nayme for the tips...

1 - in game open the Objects Inspector and Alt+clic on the material you want to puddles, soaking, smooth or rough...

2 - Clic on the material name in the Objects Inspector (It copy directly in the clipboard)

3 - Open the extension (.ini) of the track (Generally in assetto corsa/extension/config/tracks/loaded)

4 - add all the line of the RAIN FX and paste the name of the material in the correct line in function of the render you want

5 - Ctrl+S for save and check directly in-game the effect

6 - You can control the effect with the cursors of the WeatherFX Debug app for see if it's work

Do that for each materials of the tracks for a better and realistic effect

READ THIS FOR BETTER PRECISION OF EACH LINES
https://github.com/…/acc-exten…/wiki/Tracks-%E2%80%93-RainFX

PLEASE SHARE YOUR .INI WITH THE COMMUNITY
Sweet! Got water in FA's track at last! -BUT- I found the cause of the crash, if i edit in the line AFTER the track has loaded works fine, if i save the ini, then try load the track I get the game crash.... Seems like some work to be done still on the shder patch to overcome this, strange it only does it on some tracks.

Pcars1 tracks always exported so all objects were without materials and placed @ 0,0 so it was a giant impossible jigsaw puzzle. I tried with the coastal highway track ages ago and had to concede defeat. Unless Luigi comes back to update the BMS script or there is a major update to 3Dsimed we are screwed.
haha I tried to use ninjaripper to convert PC2 Le Mans, and Blender basically imploded
i might try to import the rip files overnight this time and see if that works, but even then, i'm probably not piecing everything together
there are tools to rip files from pcars 2 but the creator didnt share it because he didnt want sms to find it and work around it for pcars 3, it should be released soon after pcars 3 release

Last edited:
Got it set as the default preview now (and very nice it is too).
@unpierrot , @MrB00 , @norms - thanks for your help chaps.
I think in the future I'm going to just get into the habit of changing my PC display settings to 1080p before starting CM. It doesn't seem to work well at 4k. Half the time pre-race menus and HUD overlays, the sidebar etc in the Rift load at 4k so are tiny and barely legible.

I run 4k desktop and CM/AC, I have no issues (GTX980ti oc to 1490mhz w/my own video bios on single screen)

strangerer and strangerer, Fonteny is one of the tracks that gave the crash error for me..

upload_2020-8-24_9-47-33.png

I added an empty rainfx definition to it, suddenly now it loads...
Defined some materials and saved it out, still going fine
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = road,groove, whitelines
upload_2020-8-24_9-46-59.png

I know this is an old post, but did you release a new version of this with a less bumpy road mesh for your excellent Adria and I missed it? Not pushing, just wondering!

I almost released the updated track back in June but thanks to covid my employer fired all my coworkers except me and when I return home I am exhausted. Maybe by october i will have the time again. Sorry. :(

I really hope that Porsche will run well with the IMSA GTO cars we already have. Or at least won’t be too much of a hassle to BoP it in.

Either way thanks for converting this one.
Dont know if it will run weill with IMSA or not, you will try it later) for me i will try to make all specs according real one, also according real lap time (+5-6 seconds).

Nice, hope to see the 959 S I converted too soon
see where, mate?

Sorry for off topic but I have to: Luuuuuuka Dooooooončić!!!!!

This alien is the best thing that ever came from my country. I once played a pickup game against his dad. Nice to see the father passing on to the kid what he learned in that game. :lol: :lol:

tenor.gif

How do I attach a file like, ai_fast_lane ? I did tried once, but couldn't attach it.
I know, I'm a dumb old man. :boggled:

Last edited:
monaco'66
upload_2020-8-24_10-44-8.png

PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ROAD_TRACKMAIN_WET,BPPH_DAMAGE_WET,RDCP_TRACKEDGE01_WET,BPCS_DISTRESS_WET,STRP_TRANSITIONS01,RDCP_REDCONCFILL_WET,RDCP_CONCRETEFILL_WET,RDCP_TRACKEDGE03_WET,RDCP_DOCKA_WET,RDCP_DOCKRAMP_WET,RDCP_DOCKB_WET

anything from 1.63 preview 3. Preview 13 and 15 are a bit glitchy, but 3 will work fine for the puddles.

13 and 15 seem to randomnly crash tracks on load, but, I have found if you swap weather prior to load it will load the second time (between any two NON rain weathers, if you select a rain weather in my experience it will crash every single time, then set a rain weather in game.

anything from 1.63 preview 3. Preview 13 and 15 are a bit glitchy, but 3 will work fine for the puddles.

13 and 15 seem to randomnly crash tracks on load, but, I have found if you swap weather prior to load it will load the second time (between any two NON rain weathers, if you select a rain weather in my experience it will crash every single time, then set a rain weather in game.
In that case I'm out as I don't have 1.6.3 - not a patreon but no biggie for me I will wait till it gets a proper release.

Regarding the Guerilla GT4's
Ford_Mustang_Kohr_Motorports - skin_00_MAP.dds is 341mb
Supra_90_Gazoo_Racing - skin_00.dds is 341mb.
anyone know why the 2 files are so huge? Are the corrupt? Not sure what they are, its not the main skin so is it the shading layer?

FM7 Bathurst, figured out you need to set rumble strips to accept rain as well, or the water ends kind of wiedly. when you set them it "flows" between both
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ROAD_MAIN_1,ROADLINES_MAIN,RUMBLES,GRASS,SAND,RUMBLES,PaintedTar2Grass_ROAD_BATH_083
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ROAD_MAIN_1
ROUGH_MATERIALS = BATHURST_GRASS,GRASS
upload_2020-8-24_11-23-57.png

Last edited:
I'm uploading a set of driver/crew kits for the 1975 F1 cars.
This ain't a proper RD release, with pretty pictures and description. It's aimed at people who feel like wondering around the files before installing. Just in case you want to go back.
Kits and gloves included here aim to enhance the first person experience beyond the generic kits, and that's about it.
Helmets were already included in the cars, so no work there.

It comes in folder, so you can drag & drop. Then again, I suggest you look at it first.
It will ask to overwrite ui_skin files, as I corrected some team names.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/o4ubpxmdd0rvs9q/file

upload_2020-8-23_23-6-11.png

Last edited:
I did a small tuto for RAIN FX guys
Let's have a look, i think it could help some of you...

(Only for CSP 1.63 Preview 3 Beta version minimumView attachment 951655 )

Big thanks to Peter Smith and Code Nayme for the tips...

1 - in game open the Objects Inspector and Alt+clic on the material you want to puddles, soaking, smooth or rough...

2 - Clic on the material name in the Objects Inspector (It copy directly in the clipboard)

3 - Open the extension (.ini) of the track (Generally in assetto corsa/extension/config/tracks/loaded)

4 - add all the line of the RAIN FX and paste the name of the material in the correct line in function of the render you want

5 - Ctrl+S for save and check directly in-game the effect

6 - You can control the effect with the cursors of the WeatherFX Debug app for see if it's work

Do that for each materials of the tracks for a better and realistic effect

READ THIS FOR BETTER PRECISION OF EACH LINES
https://github.com/…/acc-exten…/wiki/Tracks-%E2%80%93-RainFX

PLEASE SHARE YOUR .INI WITH THE COMMUNITY

Thanks a lot for the tutorial! Your Objects Inspector method is definitely more direct and has better and quicker visualization than my 3DSimED3 method, although mine is a little better on thoroughness.

Sorry about the username confusion, I'm actually the same @adamcyan1624 guy on CSP Discord server sharing the Rain FX Wiki page link earlier today (just using a different gmail of mine). leBluem does not want people to storm the configs-library channel there, but I guess there is no stopping for everyone to share their configs here in this thread.

So just as I said on the Discord server, if you are sharing a Rain FX config of a track that's included in the GitHub repo, please contact me on Discord via PM directly, so that we can review the config and commit the changes 'officially', instead of everyone has his own slightly different edition. And please, please be as thorough as possible on the config you make. Thanks a lot!

Strange Beast these Trucks, I hope the physics that came with this 'leak' weren't the ones the real drivers used for the VTRC as my short list has 21 errors in it.
But never fear that has all been sorted now, but will take a little while yet as I sort out all six trucks.
Stay tuned.

Have at it then Release For Comment ETRC TRUCKS

These are looking more like LOD B rips being as they are missing their cabin details.
And the physic were so old they included coast.lut, which was deprecated before I even bought the game.

Last edited:
if you have rain-fx its because you registered on ilja's patreon, when you did that you also got a free full version CM code. (check your email after you register on the patreon, it has a link the to unlock key for CM)

Good to know, for me each time my game crash with preview 13 or 15 but no problem with the preview 3
I will try this method

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back