Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,774 comments
DK
Try adjusting your force feedback settings. At the moment I'm at 100% gain, 10% filter, 1% minimum force, 10% kerb & road effect and 40% slip & ABS effect.
Thank you but I don t mean the wheel that I use...I mean the In-game Wheel:):)

Yea they did not so well at road America but did well other circuit. The problem with BOP is could BOP the hold series for 1 year and come next year its out & one car is dominated over the other. You see last year in WTCR the Audi's would not the car to have but these year the work better its same in GT3-GTD/GTE one year Porsche or Aston martin dominated next year its ferrari. Has team you just got the put up with it and try to engineer you car to suit the tracks you race on.

True.
And we saw that this year, with Aston Martin pre LeMans timings. And how they got beneficts from that.
The Porsche was also beneficted with 1 more litre of capacity inside their fuel tanks. Hahahahahah, 1 liter for a car that consumes +1 lt per km. I know it is a 24h race with many km, but, really? :lol:

Track Resource: Gothenburg City Race v0.8 Assetto Corsa conversion by nrms.

HQ skin:
from Volvo: The Game
by:RMi
Also contains unused normals, specular etc so someone can create a new update of the track

:: DOWNLOAD ::

note:
I was going to convert this track from Volvo (I did it for GTR2 w/lights), but realized it it the same from STCC by @norms
This is all the textures from Volvo: The Game :)

True.
And we saw that this year, with Aston Martin pre LeMans timings. And how they got beneficts from that.
The Porsche was also beneficted with 1 more litre of capacity inside their fuel tanks. Hahahahahah, 1 liter for a car that consumes +1 lt per km. I know it is a 24h race with many km, but, really? :lol:
Every single droplet of fuel and mA/h of hybrid charge matters in endurance racing. The more fuel you start out with in the tank and the more capable you are of managing it with coasting, leaner burn and auxiliary hybrid power, the less time you have to waste in the pits refuelling.

The importance of fuel tank size scales proportionally to the length of the race, the number of stops in a given strategy, and whether or not refueling is permitted during the active portions of the race in question.

Try it before you knock it, at least. I know we're conditioned to blindly trust the numbers, but the issue is and always has been the inherent weight within their physics, imo. The reason they lost their way in the first place, this spring, was(after extreme criticism from others on YouTube) due to editing everything(tyres, drag, downforce, mechanical grip etc) but the weight, and that's what made them literally undrivable.

Beforehand they were too light - hence the insane corner speed. Then they went down the wrong path in trying to fix them as I said, making them much, much worse.
Now they're back on the right road again, but still a bit too heavy by default. Maybe they added the driver's weight as well, when it was already added in somehow, or something else.
The weight in the car.ini is currently set to 580, so that also could be the core problem.
Does AC auto-add the driver's weight, regardless of of what's in the car.ini, or not? I'm not a car maker, so I don't that answer.
;)

I think more than 90% of AC cars have drivers weight added in car.ini, also the original Kunos ones. So I think it is intended do be included. Some modders don't do this. Who knows..
Try to set the differential to power=50% and coast=50%. ASR 1991 cars are cornering much better. Also tyre grip has to rised some percentage IMO.

Hi leBluem, thank you so much for your work on sx_lemans, its really nice to have a accurate version of le mans in AC! I have a small problem tough, when I play in VR the barrier and some of the white lines are flickering pretty bad. Do you know if I can fix this by tweaking some settings in content manager? I use CSP only (not running sol ATM)

Thank you for your work!!

Same here. (MipMaping?, anisotropic filtering?)

The '91 cars are improved from their previous versions, but they're still a bit too heavy by default.
To get them handling much more realistically in and out of the corners, change the ‘total mass’ value within each car’s ‘car.ini’ file from ‘totalmass=580’ to TOTALMASS=420.
This lowers the car’s weight enough, so that they now have even more realistic looking(and feeling) response and car handling, instead of the relatively sluggish cornering they had previously. The a.i are now much more competitive a result, when set to 100%, as they begin to utilise their drivetrains much more efficiently.

I'm not a car maker for AC, so I don't know if AC automatically adds the driver's weight on top of what's already in the car.ini or not. If it does auto-add it, then it definitely shouldn't be 580, as those cars hovered just above 500 KG(the enforced limit back then), in which case 505KG should work also.

The latest versions of the 1991 ASR cars each have a weight at 505kg without adding the weight of the driver which seems to be the correct number.

The latest versions of the 1991 ASR cars each have a weight at 505kg without adding the weight of the driver which seems to be the correct number.
Have they been updated for download? My versions(the ones currently on the website) have the 580 value. No updated cars released after 10th of September according to the website.

Zolder 2009 by RMi v0.90

Welcome to Zolder, Belgium 2009 for the first to play live from behind their PC’s directly against professional drivers who, at that very same moment, will be driving real GT cars on a real race track.

Source: Realtime Racing by Simbin
Conversion: RMi_wood
Tools: 3dSimed, paint.net, notepad (thats all)

Converted directly from RTR source for Assetto Corsa (I was a beta tester)
This is my first official conversion of a track to AC

Features:
- textures for most windows opened up for transparency*
- shadow casting and receiving for all TSO
- pits*
- custom surfaces*
- more shadows
- GrassFX*
- Lights/FX*
- did I mention all the shadows?

Caveats:
- AI**, Cameras**, Pits**, Timers** used from Zolder 2017 by Reboot Team

Todo:
- track needs expert help for **
- track needs expert attention for *
- TREES NEED SHADOWS, 2GRASS should be sand/grass
- 2 Billboards have see-through reverse sides

GTP community, please help with the above todo list so this can be released fully public
View attachment 959214 View attachment 959215 View attachment 959217 View attachment 959218 View attachment 959219
- enjoy
*** easter-egg included

Quite good. I like it very much. Now only need to be optimized and can be one of the top.

Uli
i discovered a bug in the acc porsche gt3. there is a spot next to the car. this spot only appears in the sprint version. is there a solution? ... see my picture

Jesus....

120032633_1058058344614044_5665622685175328431_o.jpg

The model is decent, but the mod needs a lot more work especially the interior. But if done right, this should look pretty good!

https://mega.nz/file/FA9jkKCD#0KIHpaABtDvsM2wwHRf008k0eZlPbwoJUd1hkKscY7s

Thank you, It's not bad at all. One more Van/SUV for my championship.

As you asked Dathyr,

Finally after digging a bit, came to a conclusion of what was causing the pit crew absense... Or strike.

It was an APP called 20200731 ELHud1.611.
Composed by:
View attachment 959457

Gott rid of it already. But had to test one more time to have sure.

Now all is fine.
iomj.png

Cheers.

Sorry for quoting this fellow, but I have an important update, related with the pit crew issue.
There is another APP that was removing my pit crew, called BigShifter_123.
Just as an info.

Every single droplet of fuel and mA/h of hybrid charge matters in endurance racing. The more fuel you start out with in the tank and the more capable you are of managing it with coasting, leaner burn and auxiliary hybrid power, the less time you have to waste in the pits refuelling.

The importance of fuel tank size scales proportionally to the length of the race, the number of stops in a given strategy, and whether or not refueling is permitted during the active portions of the race in question.

I believe, we all Know all those important factors. And how even 1 kg can influence a racing car in some track sectors.
1lt of fuel is fine ,although be more weight too. Lets not complicate this.
I might be wrong (very possible), but what does hybrid as to do to a GTE Porsche?

Zolder 2009 by RMi v0.90

Welcome to Zolder, Belgium 2009 for the first to play live from behind their PC’s directly against professional drivers who, at that very same moment, will be driving real GT cars on a real race track.

Source: Realtime Racing by Simbin
Conversion: RMi_wood
Tools: 3dSimed, paint.net, notepad (thats all)

Converted directly from RTR source for Assetto Corsa (I was a beta tester)
This is my first official conversion of a track to AC

Features:
- textures for most windows opened up for transparency*
- shadow casting and receiving for all TSO
- pits*
- custom surfaces*
- more shadows
- GrassFX*
- Lights/FX*
- did I mention all the shadows?

Caveats:
- AI**, Cameras**, Pits**, Timers** used from Zolder 2017 by Reboot Team

Todo:
- track needs expert help for **
- track needs expert attention for *
- TREES NEED SHADOWS, 2GRASS should be sand/grass
- 2 Billboards have see-through reverse sides

GTP community, please help with the above todo list so this can be released fully public
View attachment 959214 View attachment 959215 View attachment 959217 View attachment 959218 View attachment 959219
- enjoy
*** easter-egg included
Apart from the lack of wind turbines, is this the same basic track as the Zolder 2017 Reboot version, but with different billboards? They seem to share the same geometry, but obviously look quite different to each other with individual textures and shaders.

Deep Forest Track v1.2- now with both Smoothing and bumps for the track and everything else
Author DTM1120 - smoothing was provided linked to by portakal - organized track everything dathyr
So there are 4 maps - Forward Reverse smooth - Forward Reverse with bumps

Reason for this: The Author did not want to do a smooth version on RD.

All I did with the Deep Forest track is try to put everything together so that
both the Forward and Reverse directions have either a smooth track or with bumps
All updates are included - all on Race Dept.
Skins I found
balloons
cameras
AI done by someone on RD.

Note: there are graphics things such as signs for reverse directions that are wrong
the Author will have to fix that on Race Dept.

If you dont want the bumpy version of the track remove any file or complete folder that
has a "bp" in the name. This is for some that dont know how to put everything above together. Link is below

Thanks very much for this!
I did a quick track logo/billboard skin for it when it first launched in case anyone wants to add it:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1127#post-13097840

Screenshot_zl_nissan_skyline_r34_deepforest_raceway_10-5-120-16-59-33.jpg
Screenshot_zl_nissan_skyline_r34_deepforest_raceway_10-5-120-17-2-29.jpg
Screenshot_zl_nissan_skyline_r34_deepforest_raceway_10-5-120-17-25-59.jpg

Have they been updated for download? My versions(the ones currently on the website) have the 580 value. No updated cars released after 10th of September according to the website.

The folders in my system each have different dates: animations 8/26/20, extension 8/28/20, sfx, skins, texture and ui each 6/22/20, kn5 9/15/20, data 8/26/20 and all others 5/19/20. Seems like kn5 file was updated after September 10...

Hi,
Two updates of supercars awaiting good care,
First, Mosler MT900S, author unknown

50360150351_75bd90e44f_b.jpg

data from this site:
http://www.zeperfs.com/fiche6665-mosler-mt-900s.htm#Caractéristiques

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xcvpxqfbxlxhrdf/mosler_mt900s.7z/file

Second, Audi RS6 author Wack, thank you Wack, great mod!

50359450673_962c6bf9e8_b.jpg

The best year for this model cause it uses the V10 Volkswagen/Lamborghini 4991cm3. In 2010, the RS6 receives the V8 and lost 20hp

Data from:
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/2009/1189340/audi_rs6.html

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xcahvrainnddl9y/audi_rs6.7z/file

Have fun, Mike.
Thanks for these Mike.
The Mosler seems artificially restricted with the rev limiter getting hit at 6,500 rpm - was this the case on the real car? Seems like it really wants to keep going for at least another thousand, open it's throat up and start screaming.

Edit: well, bugger I damn, according to Wikipedia the MT900S does redline at 6,500 rpm. Colour me surprised..!
Maybe the mod needs more visceral audio.

Oh, I did a slight tweak to the shifting animation timing in case anyone wants to try it - replace the entire contents of data/driver3d with this:

Code:
[MODEL]
NAME=driver_no_HANS
POSITION=0,0,0
[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=106
POSITIVE_TIME=742
STATIC_TIME=38
NEGATIVE_TIME=727
PRELOAD_RPM=6250
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0
[STEER_ANIMATION]
NAME=steer.ksanim
LOCK=360
[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET
[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

Static time seems to set by the back/forth gearstick animation so is a lot longer than ideal.

Last edited:
peterboese Today To : 00:14
Alpha 7
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7ao0lvzavidqrg7/Sol_2.0_alpha_7.7z/file

- core: readjusted ambient and sun light saturation while day
- core: reworked directional ambient light

- sky shader: fixed a bug which dimmed sky reflections brightness
- sky shader: added the possibility to have control over sky reflections brightness

- sky clouds: Cumulus brighter look in overcast

- config: Page 6 Sky, added "sky__reflections_brightness", to control sky brightness in reflection, default = 1.0
- config: Page 7 Clouds, added "clouds__quality", default value: 0.7
# Clouds consits of multiple textures. The higher the quality is, the more textures or used to form the cloud.

- config: Page 7 Clouds, new default value for "clouds__distance_multiplier" - 1.25
# They higher the distance rendering, the more clouds are visible in the distance

- config: Page 9 Ambient, added "ambient__sun_color_balance", to control saturation while day, default = 0.75

- ppfilter/custom config: __Sol, removed color balance, neutral again
- ppfilter/custom config: __Sol, more contrast while day in exterior view

peterboese Today To : 00:14
Alpha 7
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7ao0lvzavidqrg7/Sol_2.0_alpha_7.7z/file

- core: readjusted ambient and sun light saturation while day
- core: reworked directional ambient light

- sky shader: fixed a bug which dimmed sky reflections brightness
- sky shader: added the possibility to have control over sky reflections brightness

- sky clouds: Cumulus brighter look in overcast

- config: Page 6 Sky, added "sky__reflections_brightness", to control sky brightness in reflection, default = 1.0
- config: Page 7 Clouds, added "clouds__quality", default value: 0.7
# Clouds consits of multiple textures. The higher the quality is, the more textures or used to form the cloud.

- config: Page 7 Clouds, new default value for "clouds__distance_multiplier" - 1.25
# They higher the distance rendering, the more clouds are visible in the distance

- config: Page 9 Ambient, added "ambient__sun_color_balance", to control saturation while day, default = 0.75

- ppfilter/custom config: __Sol, removed color balance, neutral again
- ppfilter/custom config: __Sol, more contrast while day in exterior view

since I installed this version the clouds disappeared, did anyone else have this problem?

Track Resource: Gothenburg City Race v0.8 Assetto Corsa conversion by nrms.

HQ skin:
from Volvo: The Game
by:RMi
Also contains unused normals, specular etc so someone can create a new update of the track

note:
I was going to convert this track from Volvo (I did it for GTR2 w/lights), but realized it it the same from STCC by @norms
This is all the textures from Volvo: The Game :)

I'll go ahead and edit the ini with shader replacements to add in the normals and tweak the specular maps to work with AC (it's annoying). It will be for CSP users only, since I don't wanna touch the kn5, but I think most of us are using CSP at this point.

Nice. Update is in the works, I'll use some of these thanks :)

Okay nevermind, I'll leave it to @norms !

Last edited:
Quite good. I like it very much. Now only need to be optimized and can be one of the top.

Jesus....

Thank you, It's not bad at all. One more Van/SUV for my championship.

Sorry for quoting this fellow, but I have an important update, related with the pit crew issue.
There is another APP that was removing my pit crew, called BigShifter_123.
Just as an info.

I believe, we all Know all those important factors. And how even 1 kg can influence a racing car in some track sectors.
1lt of fuel is fine ,although be more weight too. Lets not complicate this.
I might be wrong (very possible), but what does hybrid as to do to a GTE Porsche?
Think he's talking about "equivalence" in general. ACO did a pretty good job equalling the LMP1 contenders this year, right up until LeMans, I was pretty disappointed to see the Toyotas just streak away in the early running, even with their issues they still had plenty in hand to control the race.

Needed another contender like ya know cough GINETTA cough (weak pos, Team LNT should never be allowed back into WEC again after that stunt) to actually spice up the race, the G60 with its straight line speed, low downforce package might have actually given the Hybrids a run for their money

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back