Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,719 comments
Only advice is that if you can't find the data to verify which is most accurate, then use benchmarks. Choose a test track and set fast laps with reliable cars, the ones that you can verify data for, then use the 2km drag strip to test acceleration. Once you have a list of useful times then you can use that as a benchmark for new content, you'll then quickly realise what is realistic and what is not.

There is a warning that comes with this however and that is you will quickly find how horribly inaccurate most mods are, for example most mods don't take drivetrain power loss into account and a remarkably large number of mods create zero aerodynamic drag.

That's my biggest pet peeve with many mods. Adding drivetrain losses to the power.lut from my experience is one of the easy aspects of physic changes(I barely know what the hell I'm doing and I know that). Some times when you point out this simple flaw to some people they lose their minds.

Last edited:
Ginot Team - Circuit de Pau 1967, 1974, 2017 - EXT_CONFIG, VAO + TV Cameras by CrisT86

My issue with this track is that I loose about 45 fps compared to the version from TM-Modding (0.91)... that is without the above add-ons.
Since I deleted it, is the above helping with FPS ? In that case I might reinstall...

I running AC on everything high on a old CPU i7 2600k but on all tracks i have 60+ fps with no problem. Sometimes it load at 30, but by exit and rejoin the track everything was smooth as normal (probably a CM o CSP bug in my case?)

Where you found the TM-Modding version? It's the first time i hear about it

Last edited:
Great advice to anyone who wants to learn how to do something: Don't bother! Just leave it to the 'experts'! They'll tell you what you need*! :rolleyes:

(* Warning. Following this suggestion may lead to the eventual extinction of the human race. No responsibility will be taken by the so-called 'experts' for any such scenario.)
With all the times someone explained to Tony how to do something in modding, he should be able to make mods by himself already. No one is saying that people with more experience won't help the others, if someone asks how to do something, those who can help usually do.

So do bother, ask anything and you will receive an answer. Tony really doesn't ask to other people how to make stuff by himself, he only asks to make stuff for him. It shouldn't be taken as a comment that applies to everybody

I have spent some time in the new RSS Lambo. One of what I consider the most realistic feeling cars in AC is the RSS Ferrari 360 GT-N, but the Lambo is a handful. It understeers like a bastard and also snaps into oversteer unpredictably with unrealistic ease when going over a kerb at Suzuka say. Yes I can get a much better lap time in the Lambo than the 360, but it doesn't feel real to me.

You might try this and tell me if you think it solves the 'killer' bumps prob :

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rss-gtm-lanzo-v10-road-america.193613/

I running AC on everything high on a old CPU i7 2600k but on all tracks i have 60+ fps with no problem. Sometimes it load at 30, but by exit and rejoin the track everything was smooth as normal (probably a CM o CSP bug in my case?)

Where you found the TM-Modding version? It's the first time i hear about it
TM version here: https://tm-modding.eu/download-category/assetto-corsa-track-mods/
Original by Philrob & Corti, rf2 conversion by Fuzo (TMM)

Edit: it's the 2017 version, not the historics.

Last edited:
I will take a look at it, thanks man :)

TMM version will be probably better (if they are at the same level of quality of other tracks they did) but for the moment i think that Ginot is the only one who brought us also the historical version :)

Wow, thanks for some nice welcome messages today, appreciate that loads. Been busy today so hopefully I'll post links tomorrow to a back catalogue of F1 track skins so it can be shared again and draw a line under it. I will finish off the F1 season with Bahrain and Abu and then get involved with new projects, requests, current trends or turn to something new or visit some old favourites. Who knows? The main thing is to be part of it all and have a purpose.

I will take a look at it, thanks man :)

TMM version will be probably better (if they are at the same level of quality of other tracks they did) but for the moment i think that Ginot is the only one who brought us also the historical version :)
For some reason it's a bit darker, but way better optimized.

Hello,

Does anyone know how to fix the rear view mirrer/camera of the Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015?

Thanks

20201124152338_1.jpg

With all the times someone explained to Tony how to do something in modding, he should be able to make mods by himself already. No one is saying that people with more experience won't help the others, if someone asks how to do something, those who can help usually do.

So do bother, ask anything and you will receive an answer. Tony really doesn't ask to other people how to make stuff by himself, he only asks to make stuff for him. It shouldn't be taken as a comment that applies to everybody

Glad you straightend that out, but... Rusty's final comment wasn't just about Tony's request. He said, and I quote directly: "I say leave mod-fixing to people who can do more than press the download button on every piece of content they see."

So... once again, you're just supporting silly tribalism by misrepresenting the real intention of the original post.

3/4ths of that post were informative, 1/4th of it was calling someone who has done nothing but fill the community with garbage. If that's toxic to you then feel free to report my posts, seems like the moderators aren't very fond of my way of talking either.
Why is the 1/4th needed? If people are not forcing you to use their below-par mods, then just ignore them. It seems to be more work to get worked up about it.

I think the technical information you provide can be helpful.

To clear things up i said 1 million and Rusty said it was 20k.... Actually.

He makes 2-3k a month from patreon and at least £1 per CM download, now the player base of AC is huge and i'd wager that a good 300k to 500k have now got CM...I doubt 100% of people only pay £1 for CM...so yeah...I recon my guess must be not too far off....

If he has only made 20k off of it in 2 years or whatever then he's doing something wrong...

BTW i don't mind if he makes that much from it, i have no issue with that... just its simple fact that he paid no licence fee to use the base sim...
So so far he's done very well avoiding any problematic run ins with Kunos...

As you say, they must be aware and must like him and most likely be lining up putting him on a payroll full time...
Lets hope so, and bring on AC2..

Patreon and CM donations to x4fab are all completely optional (you can use Contentmanager and patch for free).

What the HECK is going on here?

And the thing about hiring x4 - he was a vivid member on assettcorsa.net, until racedepartment - and maybe before that assettcorsa.net too - became uncomfortable with CM being russian i guess and offering a platform to donate to him and banned CM. Stefano once said he is not happy about his game being done hacky things with, but he tolerates, they even actively avoid updating AC now, he said in one of his ACC fixing streams.

This is something to really clear up things.

For those who may not have known. UnitedRacingDesign provided this free Mercedes CLR LM Car on their facebook page a couple years back. It's actually quite good. Try it out. http://www.mediafire.com/.../AC_urd_mercedes_clr_lm_0_95.rar

It's a bit older at this point but still drives well. I just loved the way these cars looked, even though they flipped on track and were quite dangerous.

24104770983_fc560b005d_c.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks a lot.
Somehow I get continuous engine damage long before reaching rev limit.
With the 908 and with the R10

Thanks for the feedback. I suspect it is related to the turbo boost limit and the twin turbo setup.
I will take a look and upload a fix with the working wipers when Flying_Saucer has done his magic.

It's good to see some people here are so intent on being positive that they're going full circle and derailing the thread with "toxicity" over an offhand comment.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is against some forum rules (I've been warned already) but there are a few car modders present in thread that seem to have no real idea how to set up their car so that it looks the best it can in AC, and I can understand that since without a guide all one can do is rough it out.

I present to you:
the Assetto Corsa Pipeline for Community Modders R2.0
You can find it bundled with every single Assetto Corsa install under " assettocorsa\sdk\dev\car_pipeline_2.0rev ", it details how one should set up the 2D and 3D of one's car to best suit the engine of AC.

Alongside that you may also find tutorials for 3D handy such as blender guru's website for blender users
https://www.blenderguru.com/tutorials
and for Max users... I don't have a lot but I do have this.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSCChOO_qztPwFW6MHWallg
The above is a rather interesting small channel I've come across that has miscellaneous Assetto Corsa tutorials using 3DSMax.

I'm not sure what it is with the animosity on here, I'm well aware that I'm not some angel but, jesus christ guys. Some people are mildly obsessed with my mere presence here it seems, one of the posters here even has an entire signature dedicated to me and the other two keep hounding after my every post. So much for a friendly forum.

@Rusty_Chest , mate, sorry to hear that. Hope you stay and find it pleasant here.
As far as I can tell, forum members here don't create a corporative defense. If you encountered any problem with a forum member somewhere else, I'm confident it will pass, for everyone here is very nice. You may have the chance to get to know yourselves past an erroneous first impression.
Thanks for those tips on building mods!

@Rusty_Chest , mate, sorry to hear that. Hope you stay and find it pleasant here.
As far as I can tell, forum members here don't create a corporative defense. If you encountered any problem with a forum member somewhere else, I'm confident it will pass, for everyone here is very nice. You may have the chance to get to know yourselves past an erroneous first impression.
Thanks for those tips on building mods!
I appreciate the warm welcome, cheers lad
:cheers:

Ginot Team - Circuit de Pau 1967, 1974, 2017 - EXT_CONFIG, VAO + TV Cameras by CrisT86

- New ext_config (Pau 2017 already have one via CSP. I added other stuff in mine which goes alongside the original to improve the track itself)
- New Track cameras (1 camera position, 3 FOVS). Original cameras set moved at the end of my set.
- Added VAO patches.

!!!! IMPORTANT !!!!

For personal taste i hided some banner which doesn't exist in real life, in order to activate it, just edit the relative ext_config in this way

Pau 1967: Remove or disable by adding ; before every line from this part

;;;;;;;;;;;;;; AD REMOVAL ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = panneau, panneau_2,
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

Pau 1974: Remove or disable by adding ; before every line from this part

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = panneau_2, panneau
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

PAU 2017: Remove or disable by adding ; before every line from this part

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = Race07ads02, Race07ads03, Race07ads04, Race07ads05, Race07ads06, Race07ads07, Race07ads08, Race07ads09, Race07ads10, Race07ads11, Race07ads12, Race07ads13, Race07ads15,
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

In this case you also need to remove the ; before every line from this part in order to fix a problem with a value used by the author when lights are on at night.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;; PROBLEMATIC ADS FIXED ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...]
;ACTIVE = 1
;DESCRIPTION = disable addboard lights glow
;MATERIALS= pub_buisson1
;KEY_0 = ksAmbient
;VALUE_0 = 0.25
;KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
;VALUE_1 = 0.25

Thanks to @slider666 for the help in this part of the problematic ADS fixed :)

https://sharemods.com/0cjy6jakn7i4/..._CONFIG__VAO___TV_Cameras_by_CrisT86.zip.html

Just drag and drop inside the track folder and overwrite. Keep a copy of these files for future updates of the track made by the author.
Enjoy!

View attachment 973883 View attachment 973884 View attachment 973885 View attachment 973886 View attachment 973887 View attachment 973888 View attachment 973889 View attachment 973890 View attachment 973891 View attachment 973892

Woaw. Thank you CrisT86.

But I believe I will not modify anything. It is clearly easier read a law book. :lol:

For those who may not have known. UnitedRacingDesign provided this free Mercedes CLR LM Car on their facebook page a couple years back. It's actually quite good. Try it out. http://www.mediafire.com/.../AC_urd_mercedes_clr_lm_0_95.rar

It's a bit older at this point but still drives well. I just loved the way these cars looked, even though they flipped on track and were quite dangerous.

24104770983_fc560b005d_c.jpg

Thank you, now my garage owns 7, fortunately I deleted 5 previously, or I would have 12.:eek:
thank you tho, it might make me delete one more.:)

...one of the posters here even has an entire signature dedicated to me...
:lol:

I believe that it makes you a VIP.

:lol:

You know, the nice thing about making roadcar physics is if that some people say they feel or think your physics are worse or better than someone's, they can always go and verify it themselves. It's not like flightsim physics where you can't just go and find almost any of the data.

I don't need to "prove" that my data replacements are objectively closer to the real-world equivalent than alternatives you there, if you do an hour of searching you'll figure it out yourself by noticing that almost nothing matches up on most alternatives.

To now the only argument I've seen from people who've never devved anything, like @safi hellie, is something akin to "He is not a pro, so how can he make as good work as pros" or "I don't think it's realistic, so it isn't".

The more nuanced argument I've received from actual developers is that I'm working on limited, not fully reliable data, and thus my cars change somewhat from version to version and thus are difficult to consider as being "study sim" level products, like something akin to aphidgod's WRX or iER's P13C which has a more reliable data set used initially, from a more unified source. I agree with that, it's true.

Some cars like the (not yet updated) NSX have a large amount of manufacturer data now and are better for it, some like the E30 also have a similar amount of manufacturer data, but have other challenges like unsupported suspension types, or stupidly complex AWD systems, so your experience may vary. Either way there's no better *alternative* out there.

While I don't hold terribly large importance to it and prefer to stick to actual data and correct inputs, after all simulators are just tire force generators and there is nothing magical about it at all, most drivers of the real cars enjoy the ones I make. I really don't believe you have to drive a specific car to derive information about it, at most you can make extremely vague conclusions which can be a result of several factors interacting, but if you believe so, then at least this is something for you to think about.

More importantly, they all correlate very well to all of the good data which I do have, either be it because I got it from a good source or I calculated it myself with other good data.

Now I know someone will ask to post the data. My data folder is over 10gb so I don't think you want the whole thing but I'm happy to talk about physics and share data and the sources if you really want to (Arch#0819) but just to compare to some KS cars if you're truly curious, here are some easy to measure camber curves! The EX=0 versions of the geos diverge a tiny bit, but there *are* EX=2 versions at least of the FD3S. I don't think I ever built EX=2 E30.

Be sure to first align the car to the static values, and align it to the static height and do the measurement on a level surface, or in a geometry simulator. If you don't know how to do those, perhaps reconsider criticisms to begin with, and learn a bit more. :boggled:

E30 rear, standard assembly, standard height, no driver no fuel
M3 rides 15mm lower, Sport Evo additional 10mm lower in the front, unsure if KS is accurate to that, doubt it.
Wheel travel vs deflection single wheel, degrees

Camber

+50.0mm = -0.275
+25.0mm = -1.15
+0.0mm = -2.0
-25.0mm = -2.875
-50.0mm = -3.725

Toe

+50.0mm = 0.31
+25.0mm = 0.24
+0.0mm = 0.23
-25.0mm = 0.26
-50.0mm = 0.36

FD3S rear, standard assembly, standard height, no driver no fuel
Wheel travel vs deflection single wheel, degrees

Camber, I think I derived droop side from simulation, not from the manuf. data as it didn't include droop, so you don't have to trust the droop side.

+40.0mm = -1.26
+0.0mm = -1.25
-40.0mm = -1.88

Toe, derived from simulation so you don't need to trust it, but it's what I built it on because it's sensible.

+40.0mm = -0.12
+0.0mm = -0.0
-40.0mm = 0.08

I know alignment curves isn't the only thing which matters and sometimes need to be sacrificed in some weirder geos for other aspects (Hell, the alignment changes mid-corner from suspension component deflection under G) but if you want to get an idea just what kind of inaccuracy we're talking about, do indulge yourself.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back