Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,983 comments
Hello guys ! I have a problem with the AI in Trial Mountain, the cars do not move at the start of the race, they are stopped on the grid or barely move. Does anyone know of any fixes for this problem?

Another question. Is there an update to the beautiful Gentrack1 track?
Maybe @Masscot knows something about it.

What car/cars are you using?

First of all, thanks for your work!

If you ever do a poll like this again, I'd like to submit for you consideration these GTR2 mods:
  • Castle.Combe.2005.v2.0.GTR2 (chicane-less version)
  • Oakes.Field.v1.2.GTR2
  • OldIrelandRing.GTR2
  • ParamountRanch for GTR2
  • Sears.Point.v1.01.GTR2
  • Jovite60s_PhilRob.GTR2
  • Thunderhill.Park.v0.9.GTR2
And, especially:
  • Donnybrooke.Speedway.v1.1.GTR2
  • Preluk.1974.v1.01.GTR2
  • Torino_1955.GTR2

I think these are all on eSport-Racing.de

The vote results are in..
rf2
MAASTRICHT 10%
Pikes Peak HC 16% (AC avail)
Portland 2019 28% (this or Vanport is being secretly converted)
The Bend 23 17% (AC avail by "legion"?)

rf
Sebring 1970 28% (AC avail)
Lake Superior 13%
Long Beach 2006 17% **
ROC Gran Canaria 8%
Batisburg 7%

gtr2
LongBeach 79 30% **
Santa Fe.TC2000 13%
Grand Valley 12%
Cannonball Run 15%

The suggestions were:
Nivelles-Baulers - gtr2
Lienz - rF *there is an assetto version from rFactor
Thermalito - rf
Nelson ledges - rf/gtr2 (this hasnt been done?)
Silverstone 90's - AMS *need source/done?

-ciruito de Navarra
-clermont ferrand (classic version from rfactor not the one from racedepartment)
-marrakech - WTCC - *another name?
-Lemans 2019 - rF2 (is this paid DLC?)

(have none of these been done?)
Castle.Combe.2005.v2.0.GTR2 (chicane-less version)
Oakes.Field.v1.2.GTR2
OldIrelandRing.GTR2
ParamountRanch for GTR2
Sears.Point.v1.01.GTR2 *isnt this Sonoma?
Jovite60s_PhilRob.GTR2
Thunderhill.Park.v0.9.GTR2
Donnybrooke.Speedway.v1.1.GTR2 (done by "legion"?)
Preluk.1974.v1.01.GTR2
Torino_1955.GTR

Millbrook Proving Ground
Longcross Test Track

Ok,
- Which versions of Long Beach have not been done that have the best source?
- no remakes unless source is better (or done as paid rip / crappy quality)
- provide source links for requests (example: Washington RFK)
- I prefer doing odd, strange, fun, city and different style tracks most, rather than real circuits. (mby Oval, Hillclimb or ROC)

I'm currently working on Donnybrooke (Now known as Brainerd International Raceway). Not a conversion. All new. (it will have historic and modern layouts/signage/etc)

Last edited:
Zhejiang already exist. You can take it to imporove if you wish so.
http://gtsupreme.com/zhejiang-international-circuit-ac/
I have this in rf2 and its a conflicting kind of thing, the trackside rock/terrain etc ok, the buildings are super weird whitewash looking that burn your retinas, at least I think those are buildings
upload_2020-12-8_6-40-32.png

and the track layout makes you want to chuck up your lunch in your lap in VR.

Any links for ther AC converted one exept this link above, its "over the limit"

ninja'd by fana re the layout, but my oldest is getting into "fully sik drifting brah", schooling him to wear his cap backwards and put his sunglasses up on top of it, and drive with a sequined sleeveless top.. and this tracks crazy layout seems like it might be good for that at least.
But even all that will not help to getting me to like the circuit layout... :crazy::)

Last edited:
good! sorry for the inconvenience! Let's see if someone can help me! I know there was a BOP made with several GTs (1998) and 2010 I think. I am missing the one from the 90s, I couldn't find it after searching several times. I appreciate the help!

@RMi_wood @TonyBarracuda @Fanapryde

Zhejiang=--it's a technical and challenging track (similar to Ahvenisto) but it's rewarding once you learn it. The version of Zhejiang for Raceroom Racing Experience is very nice, and quite an experience to drive. While the track seems correct in this AC version, it's hard to appreciate it after driving it in RRE with all the detail and quality.

I hope someone could give it the love this nice and unique track deserves, for an improved AC version.

I know. I bought it for RR. It looks good, have tried it more than enough with all kinds of cars. Still don't like the...🤬🤬🤬...layout... :D

senormen is yet to finish his rf2 version, ripped from forza. Don´t know if he´s willing to share some files but maybe some one in this forum knows how to get the source?

i have this track for assetto. this is better?

Thanks will give it a go, I'm working on a tight and twisty course in a welsh coastal town. Focusing on a small track that'll be easier to make highly detailed.

Everything is DDS in order to aid performance.

View attachment 976837View attachment 976838View attachment 976839
View attachment 976840

yes of course, all the track are assembled with RTB?

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming you mean this:

View attachment 976762

then that's Starkeys Bridge at Donington Park - it's a listed building (bit of history there too if you're interested.

If you try the Donington Park 1938 (I think) mod you will drive through one of the arches (see how I (just!) kept it on topic ;))

So...purely decorative. Nothing to do with Ringo or Christopher Wren. Funny, I've driven Donington 1938 and never noticed it. Must have been going too fast.

Glad i'm not the only one that can only drive the Capri well. I really can't drive the m1 turbo nor the Porsches (all of them)

Not saying I could drive the Zakspeed well. I could only just barely keep it on the road...if the turns were not too sharp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Allowed myself to edit data files for NeilB1971's Pescarolo 01 evo.

-Car produces ~1075 kg of lift and 275 kg of drag at 240 km/h at Le Mans setup now( I assume it would be minimum aero setting )

-658Nm torque at 6500rpm

-Car should be able to perform 3:30.* lap times at FM Le Mans with ~328 km/h speed trap.

__custom_showroom_1607387739.jpg

Feedback much appreciated. I wonder if good drivers can do lap times below 3:30 ;)

https://mega.nz/file/aHZnAAaR#-SqWh8aW9sPjophMj6W0iN2H2Oy-g8pBIXPtcMZlpgg

Enjoy(^^)/

Well so far it's a success. Subbing in the RSS GT Tornado's thermals into the DRM's tyres gives them more consistent heat while retaining the intended properties of the initial tyres. They stay in the optimal temperature range and offer more grip. That and redrawing the tcurves makes the cars way more usable.

Thanks for taking such a detailed look at this! It's been very informative and now the next seat time I can find I'm stuck with the problem of jumping straight into the car with the new data you posted or falling down the rabbit hole looking for other 70s/80s tyres to borrow from to see what I can achieve as a total novice. Would the Kunos Porsche 935 moby dick be a worthwhile candidate? Or even the Nissan NP35? Also noticed the tyre generator feature of CM. Is that worth having a go at?

-Car produces ~1075 kg of lift and 275 kg of drag at 240 km/h at Le Mans setup now( I assume it would be minimum aero setting )

-658Nm torque at 6500rpm

-Car should be able to perform 3:30.* lap times at FM Le Mans with ~328 km/h speed trap.

View attachment 976871
Feedback much appreciated. I wonder if good drivers can do lap times below 3:30 ;)

Enjoy(^^)/

OOOOOOOO! I haven't seen this one floating around before. Does your update include the whole car, or just your updates? I'll have to do a little searching to find it. It's not the Pescarolo, but it's still one of the prettier ones and I'm excited to have it! :D

I feel you on this, but I've never been able to drive ANY Porsche :( As soon as I think I've got the hang of it, the back end is gone and I'm half way up a wall.

Yeah, the Kremer and the regular bois (935s) are a tough cookie for me, I always have difficulty driving them. It's mostly for me on driving (with a controller but I do feel it all while driving) the Capri is the most stable (from driving) along with the Schnitzer 320s plus you can literally be up there at the top of the pack with the Capri if driven well enough since it's mainly the Kremer, m1, greenwood Vette (legion) that are the big bois that are the fastest.

Not saying I could drive the Zakspeed well. I could only just barely keep it on the road...if the turns were not too sharp.

I really do not blame you, my friend. I think to me it's just the stability of the group 5s on how stable we can drive them. Like I said quoting afterlife I mainly find the Schnitzer 320s and the Capri to most stable from driving. It might due to the fact they are low power compared to the Kremer, 935/77 and the m1.

-658Nm torque at 6500rpm

View attachment 976871

Enjoy(^^)/

Never saw this overhaul before. I got the original car but not this. Any chance on creating an LMP2 spec of these?

The vote results are in..

Lienz - rF *there is an assetto version from rFactor
Sears.Point.v1.01.GTR2 *isnt this Sonoma?

The AC version of Sonoma by Terra21 and Jim Lloyd has a "Long Circuit" layout that seems to match the 1976 layout.

I think the rFactor Lienz has more alternate routes than the AC one.

Thanks for taking such a detailed look at this! It's been very informative and now the next seat time I can find I'm stuck with the problem of jumping straight into the car with the new data you posted or falling down the rabbit hole looking for other 70s/80s tyres to borrow from to see what I can achieve as a total novice. Would the Kunos Porsche 935 moby dick be a worthwhile candidate? Or even the Nissan NP35? Also noticed the tyre generator feature of CM. Is that worth having a go at?
I created an install for the whole pack. I'll upload it in a couple mins.
The tyre generator didn't accommodate the sizes of these tyres. One thing that makes this pack good is the fact that they're all running the same tyres asnong other factors that are equal for the cars. Evens the playing field. I'd have to do some testing and look at the data to see if the DRM pack pulled data from this car or it's completely separate.

upload_2020-12-7_21-35-28.png

DRM Revival Tyre Rework
*Before dragging this folder into assetto corsa, you MUST unpack the data.acd files first for all DRM cars in Content Manager.
Please rename the original data.acd to save the original files to use the car online and/or retain the original tyres.
Overwrite the tyres.ini when asked.

I just finished this today so I haven't had hours of testing but from what I could gather, this should be a great start to getting the tyres to run in or close to an optimal temperature. All cars run differently, some have less heat and some can overheat the tyres due to a couple factors, the weight of the car, the toe of the tyres and the amount of diff lock.

All in all I've found this to make the cars a bit easier to drive. If you're still having problems with the cars, there's a couple other tricks to try, mainly, unlocking the diff in the power and coast and adding a bit of preload.
Hope you enjoy, let me know how it works for you.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back