Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,794 comments
Allowed myself to edit data files for NeilB1971's Pescarolo 01 evo.

-Car produces ~1075 kg of lift and 275 kg of drag at 240 km/h at Le Mans setup now( I assume it would be minimum aero setting )

-658Nm torque at 6500rpm

-Car should be able to perform 3:30.* lap times at FM Le Mans with ~328 km/h speed trap.

View attachment 976871
Feedback much appreciated. I wonder if good drivers can do lap times below 3:30 ;)

https://mega.nz/file/aHZnAAaR#-SqWh8aW9sPjophMj6W0iN2H2Oy-g8pBIXPtcMZlpgg

Enjoy(^^)/

I did a time at Le Mans FM of 3:29.4 with soft tyres, aero 3 forward 5 back. Super braking power permit brake late, although top speed was only 303 km / h. In addition, I have noticed that it consumes little fuel, around 3l per lap at Le Mans. The car is fun and allow push hard at 3º sector.

Last edited:
Zhejiang v1.1 Updated by Asseto-fr.tk
quick updates
fix trees
update tarmac
add grass
add VAO
https://sharemods.com/g4sechx17y73/zhejiang_racing.7z.html

Screenshot_ks_audi_sport_quattro_rally_zhejiang_racing_8-11-120-13-58-0.jpg

version 1.0 - update for first WTCC STCC pack.

This update is only about 5 STCC and 2 WTCC cars.

How to install? remove previous folders of this 7 cars, upload new ones from this folder

What is it about?
  • New shaders. Now cars looks much better.
  • All cars now have proper MOTEC dash.
  • Updated flames
  • Updated collider
  • Shifting animation
  • Some other small fixes.

VGCvkQB8BB0.jpg
lEGp52MD4M8.jpg
jff-k4wU1ho.jpg
1.jpg
9AsPNDiIa40.jpg

Hi do you use a controller?
Steer assist is 0.45, kunos standard is 1.00.
Feels nasty at 0.45 on my wheel at least.

Looks great! especially the Volvo interior. I remember it looks dull in Race07. I don't see the link, is it removed?
EDIT: I see this is a patreon project
I hope you will do the Retro Expansion as well :embarrassed:
I don't think there are Volvo Amazon, Volvo P1800 and Opel Commodore available for AC yet.

volvo amazon.jpg volvo p1800.jpg opel commodore GS 3001.jpg chevy camaro.jpg

Last edited:
PS im pretty sure i answered your question about those shadows...in case you didn't see it...its caused by double sided faces...if you are just going to use rtb (which i'm not ******** on by the way) you will not be able to tell what i'm talking about. i have experience with the same issue...especially if you export from sketchup...make sure you uncheck double sided faces....i have added a couple of screen grabs to illustrate...the one from ks editor shows the shadow banding caused by the double faces having apposing normals and another from blender set in face orientation mode showing the double faces....might be good practice to run your objects through blender before importing them to xpacker....this way you can check and clean everything up before you commitView attachment 976970 View attachment 976971

Oh my thanks so much for your help! i'll bare this in mind going forward.

Thanks again!

I did a time at Le Mans FM of 3:29.4 with soft tyres, aero 3 forward 5 back. Super braking power permit brake late, although top speed was only 303 km / h. In addition, I have noticed that it consumes little fuel, around 3l per lap at Le Mans. The car is fun and allow push hard at 3º sector.

Thank You,

...Turns out I overdid it in the end. I am going to rework it again and share for more testing. Maybe there will be two versions...

I'll aim at brake efficiency ~120 m before first chickane at mulsanne, reduce lift and drag a bit for rear wing ( I have to dig into the correct dimensions of the rear wing for 2009 spec... There will be new engine power curve likely...

I'll try to set fuel consumption to ~36l/100km

Do You have any remarks on tyres or suspension behaviour?

Last edited:
Thanks for the update!But where is the link?

How to install? remove previous folders of this 7 cars, upload new ones from this folder

What is it about?
  • New shaders. Now cars looks much better.
  • All cars now have proper MOTEC dash.
  • Updated flames
  • Updated collider
  • Shifting animation
  • Some other small fixes.

VGCvkQB8BB0.jpg
lEGp52MD4M8.jpg
jff-k4wU1ho.jpg
1.jpg
9AsPNDiIa40.jpg

No. using wheel. Probably i have another settings. It felt comfortable for me

It's cool, really easy to change anyway.
0.45 makes the centre of my wheel feel horrible, like big notch.
Dead easy for me to change to my tastes though. You are not the only person who likes the have a low steer assist, loads of mods have it.
I just find it odd as kunos have it predominantly at 1.00.

edit:

GAMMA setting in FFB settings is like a universal 'steer assist' i have that at 0.92.

I find that works well on all cars pretty much, it also effects the steer assist so 0.45 becomes more like 0.20.

Last edited:
I am converting all the WRC+ from rbr

View attachment 969685
View attachment 969687

For the moment my progress is:
Fiesta WRC + 2019 80% done
Yaris WRC + 2019 70% done
i20 WRC + 2020 70% done
Polo WRC + 2017 prototype with fictional update 40% done
C4 WRC + 0% done

I asked the various authors for permission to publish a package when they are finished, we hope 👍

Any news on your work? Would love to get a hand on the cars!

the Judd v8 was also for the LMP2 spec and the nissan vk45 was also used (probs as the morgan at the time)

I have to sort out the V10 LMP1 engine with chasis, gearbox, aero package and brakes, maybe more. Once I would be done with it, engine swaps would be formality i guess. I will make my research and see how far i can go with it.

random track editing tip #586

adding starts/pits to tracks:
There is no need to edit the main tracks .kn5

1. open track in 3d editor
2. create a new mesh in 3d editor
3. find where you need to place your new items in step #1 (memorize x,y,z)
4. add the items in new mesh (recall x,y,z)
5. save your new mesh from step #2+4 as trackname_starts.kn5 in your main track folder
6. create a models.ini in your main track folder
6a.
[MODEL_0]
FILE=your_trackname.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_1]
FILE=trackname-starts.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

7. enjoy more grid places

Thank You,

...Turns out I overdid it in the end. I am going to rework it again and share for more testing. Maybe there will be two versions...

I'll aim at brake efficiency ~120 m before first chickane at mulsanne, reduce lift and drag a bit for rear wing ( I have to dig into the correct dimensions of the rear wing for 2009 spec... There will be new engine power curve likely...

I'll try to set fuel consumption to ~36l/100km

Do You have any remarks on tyres or suspension behaviour?

The rear tires (softs) get very hot right away (red color) and barely reduce temperature (still red) on the straights, they remain red almost the entire lap. Front tires (softs) barely get hot. As for suspension, I have not noticed anything strange, although in this section I have no knowledge to comment.

Formula Grand Prix - Update v 1.1

Hi guys! First of all I would like to thank all of you for the good response that this mod had in the past days View attachment 976787

Secondly... here it is the first important update. I highly suggest to download it. It's mainly a graphical update but it makes the mod look better and it has also some bug fixes.

__custom_showroom_1607258539-jpg.425160

__custom_showroom_1607363524-jpg.425163

• Added a carbon cover in the inside of the tyre... it gives a more "realistic" look to the car, now it seems that it has also a sort of "brake hub".. I know that the original car didn't have anything like this but I concluded that this was a necessary compromise for a better looking mod.
  • Front wing model has been improved (it was too straight in the past version)
  • Bigger mirrors
  • Improved body UV mapping
  • Improved helmet design and UV mapping
  • Added individual gloves and suit colors (Also the crew is different for each team)
  • Front and rear wings are now part of the visual damage system, the will bend or oscillate after a collision
  • Fixed the back pit/rain light of the car (previously it had the wrong texture)
  • Improved lower lods.
  • Fixed a bug with the Car Radar app not showing the car icon, now it is fixed. (you will need to clean the app cache in /Documents/Assetto Corsa/apps/carRadar to make it work. Just remove the grand_prix_racer folder in it)
  • I included also skin and helmet templates. Still a a sort of wip tho.

I was also thinking to add exhaust flames but in Assetto Corsa you need to create a different car for each team if you wish to change the flame direction depending on the selected skin.. It would've been just a useless work. The other option was to put the flames on the Ferrari exhausts, but the other cars would have had flames on the wrong place, resulting in some "ghost flames" effect... definitely not nice. So I will continue without flames (as it was in the original game)

Cheers!
I knew I should've checked this forum before making a video today, lol.
I just uploaded this video, using v1.0 of the mod, wishing for team coloured gloves etc. :rolleyes:

I have to sort out the V10 LMP1 engine with chasis, gearbox, aero package and brakes, maybe more. Once I would be done with it, engine swaps would be formality i guess. I will make my research and see how far i can go with it.

Take your time with creating these overhauls. Cause to be fair it will be a Lil hard to collect data from the separate engines for the 01 + 01 evo

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back