Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,748 comments
is there a quick way in CSP via ext_config to fix the bushes and trees at la-canyons to accept shadow? they look a bit silly lit up in the shadow parts of the track, nearly like they are emmisive?

View attachment 984097
SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
DESCRIPTION=shadows terrain
MATERIALS=terrain_01
DOUBLE_FACE_SHADOW_BIASED = 1
ACTIVE=1

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
DESCRIPTION=trees shadows
MATERIALS=bo_pines,bo_leafy, bo_bushy, bo_tree_far
ACTIVE=1
SHADER = ksTree_ppshadows
DOUBLE_FACE_SHADOW_BIASED = 1

Looks like a lot of people missed @slider666 's update, 1.7 now I think?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1105#post-13093353

PFA:

full

I don't and i already re-updated (for myself) it in order to implement all the latest features (that i know) via ext_config.
But if it's ok for @Rainmaker87 and @slider666 i will publish as soon as i can the updated version

Last edited:
It is a gorgeous circuit, just around the corner from where I live, love to drive round it, although you can never really go past 80 kph even when nobody is trundling along in front of you, last time I was there I even saw a speed camera being set up...

I drove it in a 904 in 1965. I was at Zuffenhausen for CAR and DRIVER and von Hanstein asked me if I'd like to drive a 904 at Solitude. Since I was a huge Gurney fan, I said, "Of course!" After lunch. they turned me loose in a silver 904 with dealer plates and I immediately started doing laps of the circuit. I only quit when it got dark and Huschke sent his amanuensis to look for me.

Yes you are going down the right lines personally if you got a FBX file from the start of what ever model you are working on you can cut out Sim3Ed all together a go straight for what 3d modelling software you use personally I use Blender has it's easier to use and free opensource software.

Alright this is good to know. I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing. Personally, it's kind of hard to do work on these converted maps because as soon as I flip to texture mode the scene immediately starts lagging. There's so many duplicated unnecessary pieces within the track itself. On top of that, mapping the LOD is virtually impossible - textures are named accordingly and no textures seem to map properly... I can tell I'm gonna be in this for quite a long time.

McLaren F1 (road version from 1994)

I´ve spent many, many hours trying to recreate the real performance and behaviour of this car.

Starting from the engine, real dyno curves and real aceleration figures are present. You´ll feel exactly how fast this Mclaren can accelerate with its low weight and >600 bhp.

Gear ratios are accurate. Limited slip diff is 40% on power like the real car. Coast and preload (there’s no data of them) have been tuned after hours of watching videos and comparing.

Steering ratio is accurate. You´ll turn your steering wheel as much as in the real car.

There is data for suspensión rate (1,43 / 1,80 Hz front and rear). It´s a very soft sprung car for such a performance (look at the videos from Tiff Needell, it lifts its nose like a boat and sinks it like a submarine). Like real car, it has mild understeer into the corner and then you can break traction very easily, whatever gear you choose (car has no aids). It´s very important to press throttle like a surgeon if you are below third gear. In Best Motoring videos or the Tiff Needell ones, you can see that the car is a beast under sudden acceleration, so be very careful. Its tyre technology is from the 90’s. Don´t expect a car with Pirelli Trofeo R levels of grip ;)

The car feels like a rocket in fast circuits like Monza (again, be careful at corners, this is no P1 GTR), but feels uncomfortable in slow circuits because of it´s huge acceleration and no aids.

Have fun ;)

(*) In post #63293 you have a comparison video with the real car

Car link: https://sharemods.com/xgcuurz1fi53/jf_mclaren_f1_1994.rar.html

Attachments

• mclarenf1.jpg
    mclarenf1.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

I´ve spent many, many hours trying to recreate the real performance and behaviour of this car.

Starting from the engine, real dyno curves and real aceleration figures are present. You´ll feel exactly how fast this Mclaren can accelerate with its low weight and >600 bhp.

Gear ratios are accurate. Limited slip diff is 40% on power like the real car. Coast and preload (there’s no data of them) have been tuned after hours of watching videos and comparing.

Steering ratio is accurate. You´ll turn your steering wheel as much as in the real car.

There is data for suspensión rate (1,43 / 1,80 Hz front and rear). It´s a very soft sprung car for such a performance (look at the videos from Tiff Needell, it lifts its nose like a boat and sinks it like a submarine). Like real car, it has mild understeer into the corner and then you can break traction very easily, whatever gear you choose (car has no aids). It´s very important to press throttle like a surgeon if you are below third gear. In Best Motoring videos or the Tiff Needell ones, you can see that the car is a beast under sudden acceleration, so be very careful. Its tyre technology is from the 90’s. Don´t expect a car with Pirelli Trofeo R levels of grip ;)

The car feels like a rocket in fast circuits like Monza (again, be careful at corners, this is no P1 GTR), but feels uncomfortable in slow circuits because of it´s huge acceleration and no aids.

Have fun ;)

Car link: https://sharemods.com/zihzfgclcw47/jf_mclaren_f1_1994.rar.html

Thanks. Now I got a new task in AC: comparing cars - your versions vs. the already available ones. May I ask what was the source you did your edit on? The AC cars rework car?

Thanks. Now I got a new task in AC: comparing cars - your versions vs. the already available ones. May I ask what was the source you did your edit on? The AC cars rework car?

Don´t remember. I don´t look at those things. Just take a car with good 3D model and do all physics with my data cheking or modifying point by point that everything is correct or to my taste ;)

* I remember that there were two 3D models of the McLaren F1, and the first I tried was too big scaled. This one is the correct one ;)

Last edited:
Hi guys! First of all I want to thank you all for your contributions, I've been following this thread for a while now and discovered plenty of great mods through here.

Since some months I've been working on some mods here and there, and currently working on skinning pretty much an entire Dutch racing series. I however have come across a problem whilst doing so, and was hoping someone here could point me to what I can do to fix this issue.

As you can see in the picture below the number on the far end of the car somehow gets in front of the number on the near side of the car when looking at it from the side. Could this be down to the way I'm skinning, or has it something to do with the actual 3d model, or shaders? Thanks a lot in advance!

custom_showroom_1610394602.jpg

Have fun ;)

Nice, mate. I like to work with the car's physics as well :) Will give it a try. Which 3D model did you use for the McLaren F1...?

Nice, mate. I like to work with the car's physics as well :) Will give it a try. Which 3D model did you use for the McLaren F1...?

As I said in previous post, I don´t remenber. Just know that there was a model that was too big scaled and didn´t match the real car dimensions. This one is correct ;)

even with 3080? I've been playing with locked ASW 45fps since CSP became a thing.
yeah, kinda disappointed to be honest, but something is not quite right because i get the same performance if i supersample 150%

could be most recent driver updates for Nvidia if you have an Nvidia GPU. Try going back to driver 456.71.
yeah i read that and no luck, it fixed some spikes and made it more consistent, but performance should still be much better with the 3080

As I said in previous post, I don´t remenber. Just know that there was a model that was too big scaled and didn´t match the real car dimensions. This one is correct ;)

Is it the 3d Model of "AC Cars Reworked"? Btw your physic upgrade for all the mods are awesome, thx for this! :)

Do you use https://fastestlaps.com/ as a source for lap times?
I take a look at all the sources that are available. That page is one of them.

However, I always prefer to watch and compare on board laps (better if they have telemetry), just to see where the differences in behaviour or perfomance can be. That way, you can see many details that give you clues to refine the physics.

I also like to see how much the driver turns the wheel, how the car behaves...to fine tune the "Assetto" model.

Last edited:
Call to our experts here, do you know why the dashboard lights currently look that bad like here, when in drivers view?
View attachment 983923

They glow like hell!

In dashboard view it looks normal:

View attachment 983924

Latest SOL alpha4, CSP 0.172p1, SOL everthing default. Tried with every pp filter, default, sol etc.. no clue! Any ideas?

Update: found it, it is connected to brightness slider in lightingfx. Asked for help in discord and sent Ilja a message.

Is someone able to help me with that issue and a workaround? Currently I think I can´t be the only one which gauges glow like hell, with latest csp preview and sol alpha? Currently I only can fix it when this is applied (emmissive gain to 100% instead of 200%):

upload_2021-1-11_23-9-53.png

It´s also not pp filter related, tried with several ones incl. default and SOL.

Thank you.

Hi, @Jandrovi
Your work on the McLaren is phenomenal. However, top speed on yours is 371 km/h. ACCR's McLaren reaches the real top speed, which is 387 km/h.
It's a minor detail, of course, but is it a question of messing with the car setup before a session?

Hi, @Jandrovi
Your work on the McLaren is phenomenal. However, top speed on yours is 371 km/h. ACCR's McLaren reaches the real top speed, which is 387 km/h.
It's a minor detail, of course, but is it a question of messing with the car setup before a session?

"My" car has the correct gear ratios and red line. The car that reached 387 km/h had the rev limiter removed;)

Last edited:
New car mod realesed the Ginetta Akula

upload_2021-1-12_0-13-45.png

Download (via discord)
Download (direct link)

Credits:
  • 3d model: gamemodels.ru
  • model conversion : @TonySSS and Me
  • sound: from the Jaguar Project 8
  • physic: frome the Beto 488 pista and adapted by me
  • Thanks for the help of Cony and Kallig

I am very interested in your feedback (positive or negative) if you find any problems, bugs or things to correct send me a message I will try to fix it.

Enjoy ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Have fun ;)

It definitely feels similar to the Assettodrive version, which probably means they're both pretty accurate. But they're miles better than any other version I've seen for this game!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back