Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,743 comments
Is there any interest in a version of Sebring from 1966?

I've been sent over a load of reference material and I believe it to be possible. I've never done anything 'historic' before so it would be an interesting one.

I'm guessing that's a rhetorical question? ;)

May I suggest to include enough road and separate objects so the layouts from 1950 to 1986 could be created.

I likes me layouts. :cheers:

@Cozy61 , all that Masscot said. It also works both ways: a few days ago I gave a constructive feedback to one of the guys who makes cameras (not Dabaeda, the other one). He answered with childish sarcasm. Not once, twice. I blocked him (something I don't like to do... you just don't know when a particular member will start sharing cool stuff) and it was totally worth it.
Yes I know what you mean and my thanks to all for the support. The biggest thing for me is that so many contributors work so hard giving up their time to provide others with so many fantastic free mods. Always disappointing when a small minority don’t see that and comment without realising how much work goes into providing the free mods without speaking to the original authors. Doesn’t normally bother me but been a loooong week.

This is a new for me.

My Car Radar APP just vanished from the driving screen.
It still where it should (deleted and reinstaled). It is in the right folder and it is in the right CM place (and activated).
View attachment 989680

Any tips please?

Since last year I don't mess with SOL and CSP, I keep the same, therefore no weird install and so on.
And ofcourse did not install others PPFilters, to avoid conflits.
And for the other hand I still want to setting up BLMCar and BLMLights.
Thats why I'm still with 1.64CSP. At least is stable and I can use 99.99% of my mods.

I am almost sure that there is a tiny stupid thing I am missing, as usual.

Thanks

P.S. Theres no icon on the APP bar either.

Forgot to say that this happens with Helicorsa too.

Before someone saying something about infinity searching. I've done what came to my mind - right or wrong - didn't got a fix.
One of the 3 possible fixes were made aswell.

From RD. Don't know if the author want to be in the image.
upload_2021-2-8_1-37-6.png

I have Car Radar and Helicorsa in the very same files.
They are activated.
upload_2021-2-8_1-38-50.png
upload_2021-2-8_1-39-17.png

They are inside 'gui' ---> 'icons'
upload_2021-2-8_1-43-51.png
upload_2021-2-8_1-44-17.png

What in the Solar System is happening??
Why don't they show in the driving screen APP bar?

tenor.gif

Im all for that, but, before you start, fire up RFactor2, load Sebring and any car.. still one of the best experiences in simracing currently, every patch and seam and crack on the road can be felt, now wether that is just a side effect of the engine/tyre model or if they purposefully exagerated the geometry, or both, I cannot be sure, but it sets the bar for Sebring's.

Unsure if the concrete seams and all the patching goes back to the 60's but would be great to capture it properly. (from a FFB perspective)

That looks very realistic, particularly the bumps, particularly in Sunset Bend. Impressive. Nice piece of driving, too.

I already have made version of my cars with concluded aero and suspension, as @rmi wood made me reconsider previous setups. I'm going to upload them as separate downloads to drag more attention to them all, as I expect constructive feedback for polishing and learning more;
LMP1:
- 2009 Pescarolo 01 Evo with 5.5l Judd
- 2009 Aston Martin DBR1-2 V12
- 2009 Audi R15 TDi V10 TT
- 2011 Pescarolo 01 Evo with 5.0l Judd( the one that has been used in "the GT4" Pescarolo C60 hybride )

- 2011 Pescarolo 01 OAK with 3.4 Judd DB - This one should have different chasis that I know is included within GTR2 mods and I am thinking about learning to or making someone convert some more models, after original creators approval, obviously.

- 2011 Aston Martin AMR-One

- 2009 Acura ARX 2a - just made the power curve for LM-AR7 4.0l V8 engine, but I have no reference for its RPM figures and the only way I have managed to make 620hp/501nm figures was to make it rev till 9500 rpm. In general I just have started with it, but shouldn't take long.

- 2012 Pescarolo 01 OAK Judd 3.4 DB - same engine as 2011 but "Morgan" chasis.

LMP2:
- 2009 Pescarolo 01 Evo Mazda P41
- 2010 Pescarolo 01 OAK 3.4 Judd LMP2 spec
- 2011 Oreca 03 Judd 3.4 HK (BMW)
- 2011 Oreca 03 Nismo 4.5 V8
- 2012 Oreca 03 with same two engines and fin tail chasis
- 2013 Morgan/OAK Pescarolo Judd HK and Nismo V8
- 2014 Oreca 03R with Judd and Nismo as above (this is the "low drag" chasis)

All of them should not exeed 1400 kg of downforce at minimum setups/320 kmh anymore. Once these would be at the concluded state I will move on to the Acuras/HPD, Zyteks and Lolas.

Yeah, I posted a setup for your massaged Rebellion Lola-Toyota B10 over on RD. Tell me if you like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 3D model is just beautiful. However, physics-wise, it's too "floaty" and the steering seems to be overly sensitive. It also tends to pull to one side under hard braking. It's just not a "fun" and rewarding car to drive--start to push it, and it quickly goes beyond it's unrealistic limits. It reminds me of iRacing physics, which are good until you reach edge of grip--and that's where their physics model ends. I was trained to win races and set record lap times by going "beyond" grip when necessary, and as circumstances allow, in a controlled fashion to get an advantage. That's why I can't stand iRacing (as most real-world experienced drivers do), and that's what is "ruining" this mod in it's current state. It should be fun to drive, you can "thrash" it a little, and rely on it's mid-engine layout to "plant" the rear tires and propel the car out of turns and down the exit line. Such a shame, because it's such a nice looking car, inside and out. So physics-masters, see what you can do.

As I pointed out here a while back, I tested the 904 when it first came out (the AG turned me loose @ Solitude with it) and it felt nothing like this car. The Beck replica (which I haven't driven IRL; I'm talking about the AC ver) has got way too much power and very dicey handling. The real 904 was a sweetheart on the street (I never drove it in a race); docile, not at all tricky to drive. Of course the Beck replica IRL may have a flat-6 with almost any amount of power (the real 904 had only 210 bhp), and who knows what kind of suspension the Beck car has (the real 904 had double wishbones and coil-overs) or steering (the real 904 had ZF r&p). The AC car handles like a honey badger on meth. Help is needed. Desperately.

Last edited:
As I pointed out here a while back, I tested the 904 when it first came out (the AG turned me loose @ Solitude with it) and it felt nothing like this car. The Beck replica (which I haven't driven IRL; I'm talking about the AC ver) has got way too much power and very dicey handling. The real 904 was a sweetheart on the street (I never drove it in a race); docile, not at all tricky to drive. Of course the Beck replica IRL may have a flat-6 with almost any amount of power (the real 904 had only 210 bhp), and who knows what kind of suspension the Beck car has (the real 904 had double wishbones and coil-overs) or steering (the real 904 had ZF r&p). The AC car handles like a honey badger on meth. Help is needed. Desperately.
Its so bad physics wise!
Mac10 generally produces much better mods than this.

There was a Facebook post from Bazza about a month ago showing of the Part 2 of the ACL Legends pack, it's the 1960s era cars and there is going to be the Mac Ten modelled 904 as a base for the pack in stock form.

(Edit) tried to post link to post but wouldn't let me, if you want to see for yourself just search "Bazza" on Assetto Mod Central facebook page.

View attachment 990211

Wait it's gonna be a scratch made car and not the FM7 model ? Impressive.
First time I check out this thread in god knows how long.

Last edited:
That looks very realistic, particularly the bumps, particularly in Sunset Bend. Impressive. Nice piece of driving, too.
first time ive tried the C8R GTE, nearly everything is great about it, but.., the sound.. quite bad, (never even heard a real one so cannot say if its legit) but at first I thought I had torn a speaker (you know when it makes that rattly noise). Pity because otherwise damn nice car to drive.

I don't mind at all, albeit the car drives differently now. I know its know updates are confusing, I have been through several versions of aero for each car. This forum is rather sort of "operating table" where I can expect feedback from more experienced people. In fact I am making more significant progress when posting here and asking how it goes, learning each time. I have to admit, I do not own a wheel, things like force feedback are a blind spot for me... sorry.

BTW Acura already "goes" within the field.

for the trackmakers, while I was poking a stick at a track I finally found a lightweight tileable grass texture that tiles, keeps good colour variation and does not look like crap.. (sattelite feel without the overhead), nice natural greens and browns. works best (IMO) at

ksperpixel
ksambient 0.2
ksdiffuse on 0.2
and everything else on 0.
(on this track uv repeat in Blender to X8 in both U and V)
YMMV

DDS attached to post. original VTF texture for valve from here

upload_2021-2-8_19-25-19.png

upload_2021-2-8_19-27-41.png

upload_2021-2-8_19-29-9.png

Attachments

• drygrass.zip
    457.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Both cars also load up just fine with SOL 2.0.2 and CSP 0.1.69 Preview1, and no strange tarmac issue and good FPS....seems to be a good compromise...
Think I tested it with the same settings. However the new CSP has amazing performance improvement. Hopefully the track issues are resolved soon.

for the trackmakers, while I was poking a stick at a track I finally found a lightweight tileable grass texture that tiles, keeps good colour variation and does not look like crap.. (sattelite feel without the overhead), nice natural greens and browns. works best (IMO) at

ksperpixel
ksambient 0.2
ksdiffuse on 0.2
YMMV

View attachment 990254

View attachment 990255
View attachment 990256

From the small pictures it looks fantastic. I'm curious and wait to see it on a track :)

@RMi_wood has some spectacular tracks in the works, some big open world server projects and smaller fun sized tracks, here are some more samples of some of the magnificent work undergoing testing right now. The man is a machine!
He also moderates multiple sections of the discord library and regularly posts beta tracks for testing and feedback etc.

View attachment 989815View attachment 989816 View attachment 989818

He has a section in our library, click the link in my sig ;)

May I also say, that these cars have some truly spectacular updates coming that are not just incremental bug fixes, they are huge revisions that make them worth the wait.

We are working on the Bently now:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2048#post-13313482
View attachment 989836

And the the Jag was released here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1949#post-13290189
View attachment 989837

Hope that helps :)
Also you can find all the releases in the discord library, click the link in the sig below.

If you are a GTP Member, PM me here or on Discord after you have clicked the invite in my sig below and I will bypass the restrictions for you.
the car on the thrid photo ?? which one?
and how can i download it ? any link ?

Here you go
Track: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/anglesey-circuit-trac-môn-wet-weather.9100/
Car: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/r-s-01-by-acm-modding-team.17402/
View attachment 990123

This track does have a config file - Add this on the end of the; YourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\anglesey.ini
or, if you want it self-contained - Add this on the end of the; YourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\anglesey\extension\ext_config.ini

Installation Help
If you want to move/copy the track config from the loaded tracks folder you can;
1. Create and extension folder (all lowercase) in the track folder
2. Place or create an ext_config.ini file using Notepad or similar text editor
3. To create a save as *.ini file you need to switch the files from *.txt to *.* all files
4. Copy the rain FX text for your track and paste at the end of the existing or newly created ext_config.ini
5. Sometimes there will be other KN5 files that need to be in the extension folder for track lights etc.
6. Copy these from the yourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded folder and paste in the tracks extesion folder
7. To stop AC from getting confused. You can add the following to the beginning of the ext_config.ini file for each track;
Please Note: from time to time, configs in the tracks/loaded folder get updated so you may prefer to just have the rainfx as an ext_config in the track extension folder if you are not worried about a self-contained track or don't remember to check the track config on a regular basis
[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

I am also providing a link to my 80+ GDrive collection of RainFX Configs by myself and several other authors
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PVFWPPLNzXN5dOgxCURr27uFsgCMrQRs?usp=sharing

All the RainFX track Backgrounds can be found in the GDrive link above in the 'RAINFX Track Bg' folder

DIY RainFX Video

my friend your track imola in f1 2020 championship they have a problem in drs its not open after the bridge its open in the middle of the grid and dont rich my top speed and this is my problem to not set a good laptime

ksperpixel
ksambient 0.2
ksdiffuse on 0.2
YMMV

View attachment 990254

View attachment 990255
View attachment 990256
Looks MUCH better on my system 👍

I don't want to know the price, but this is probably a good thing--car manufacturers producing sim-rigs (or collaborating with companies to produce a branded rig). It exposes more people to, and increases the credibility of sim-racing. Maybe Schmee150/Tim will buy one and feature it on his channel.

...and what simulator is on the screen?

I don't want to know the price, but this is probably a good thing--car manufacturers producing sim-rigs (or collaborating with companies to produce a branded rig). It exposes more people to, and increases the credibility of sim-racing. Maybe Schmee150/Tim will buy one and feature it on his channel.

Around €60K, $75K (but that's without shipping, duty costs etc ;) )

Last edited:

Starting from £57,500*

*excludes shipping costs, taxes, customs and excise charges

https://www.curvrs.com/

AMR-C01 is supplied with Assetto Corsa as standard. Users are able to run the simulator on various other platforms, including iRacing and rFactor2.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back