Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,841 comments
Hello, guys. And girls. I wonder if there is any girl paying AC on this forum?
It's amazing, really. Spent dozens of hours on creating track and posting it for free you recieve just a little more thumbs up, then thumbs down when releasing car on patreon for few dollars. Come one, bottle of mineral water costs more!

Why i have started (Patreon)?
i have plans and already working on few things that requres third parties help (3d modellers) for car / track environments. I payed them. And Patreon is a great thing to have good guys who can support this projects and respect time spent.

And yes, i will release touring wtcc stcc pack for everyone soon, as a finished playable competitive pack in dry weather (not from rain fx point of view, because i dont think rain is good thing in AC, it's just visual stuff which is unnecessary in sim, until it will behave like a dynamic rain and water on the surface). Same will do with Group C when it's finished and well balanced to race.
Yes, lot of modders make it for free. So it's just absolutely the same! Moreover in a complete pack you can race with friends or with Ai and have real joy, comparing to collecting dozen of same class cars from different sites, but dont-kno-why having just absolutely different characteristics, and it's unplayable in most of cases.

Last edited:
Hello,
Curious question, I do like all of you that are making Rain-FX addons for the various tracks, but my only question is there, or ,will there ever be an official CSP release version for Rain-FX? I am in no hurry for the Effect, but it has been at least 1-2 years now since this effect has been introduced.

thanks for any info the the progress. Take care.

Curious question, I do like all of you that are making Rain-FX addons for the various tracks, but my only question is there, or ,will there ever be an official CSP release version for Rain-FX? I am in no hurry for the Effect, but it has been at least 1-2 years now since this effect has been introduced.
For all original kunos tracks - sure. And no there is no date for an official release, we've seen lately how bad such fixed "release dates" can be. When done (tm).

Why i have started (Patreon)?
i have plans and already working on few things that requres third parties help (3d modellers) for car / track environments. I payed them. And Patreon is a great thing to have good guys who can support this projects and respect time spent.

And yes, i will release touring wtcc stcc pack for everyone soon, as a finished playable competitive pack in dry weather (not from rain fx point of view, because i dont think rain is good thing in AC, it's just visual stuff which is unnecessary in sim, until it will behave like a dynamic rain and water on the surface). Same will do with Group C when it's finished and well balanced to race.
Yes, lot of modders make it for free. So it's just absolutely the same! Moreover in a complete pack you can race with friends or with Ai and have real joy, comparing to collecting dozen of same class cars from different sites, but dont-kno-why having just absolutely different characteristics, and it's unplayable in most of cases.

I'm pretty sure no one has an issue with you having a Patreon, especially if you are hiring modellers to create new content. The only issue I've seen stated is that you apparently took a mod that specifically said it was not allowed to be converted, ignored that request and then put it behind a paywall. With that said, I'd be more likely to purchase your work if it was a one time purchase (with free updates), like RSS/URD.

But on the note of rain, I was under the impression that the 'Experimental Physics' option already changes physics, SOL's weather plans allow it to change dynamically, and RainFX configs allow water to pool realistically on the surface, so I'm not exactly sure what else you want there.

I'm pretty sure no one has an issue with you having a Patreon, especially if you are hiring modellers to create new content. The only issue I've seen stated is that you apparently took a mod that specifically said it was not allowed to be converted, ignored that request and then put it behind a paywall. With that said, I'd be more likely to purchase your work if it was a one time purchase (with free updates), like RSS/URD.

But on the note of rain, I was under the impression that the 'Experimental Physics' option already changes physics, SOL's weather plans allow it to change dynamically, and RainFX configs allow water to pool realistically on the surface, so I'm not exactly sure what else you want there.
I will release these packs for free, so it will be fair i guess. Right now im all in group c project. But usually i make 1-2 conversions per month, so it's also quite fair. maybe..
If not Patreon, i could not afford to use third party moddellers or buy 3d models to bring new things to AC in future (my idea is to use only modding money for modding)

For rain physics, probably i have tested older version. Will do it again with new one. But i'm participating in real time attack, and that rain i have tested in AC before has nothing in common to real life. Real level of rain and puddles is perfectly madde in ACC, hovewer.

Last edited:
I will release these packs for free, so it will be fair i guess. Right now im all in group c project. But usually i make 1-2 conversions per month, so it's also quite fair. maybe..
If not Patreon, i could not afford to use third party moddellers or buy 3d models to bring new things to AC in future (my idea is to use only modding money for modding)

For rain physics, probably i have tested older version. Will do it again with new one. But i'm participating in real time attack, and that rain i have tested in AC before has nothing in common to real life. Real level of rain and puddles is perfectly madde in ACC, hovewer.
Glad to hear it, I like that approach a lot. However, even releasing it for free doesn't make it okay to ignore the original modders wishes. I believe you're far enough into the project that I would suggest you continue with it, and try approach the original modder in order to make it a true collaboration - or recreate the models without using their work before making it a public (or paid) release.

That's probably the case, or you didn't have extended physics enabled with a proper RainFX config. Not my video, but this shows how strong the effects can be

Last edited:
Speaking about rain, on the other day I chosed a flood option to a race.
Eventually the track got flooded, right? Right.
So flooded that the race director, red flaged the race. Yes, I have an APP that has a simulated director, track stewards and emergency staff. :dopey:

Anyway, as the AI and me were there (flooded track), we decided to race, according the situation.
And so we did. Fortunately, that day, every pilots took their boats to the track, just because.
7.gif

Many already has it, but I bet some doesn't.

https://mega.nz/file/dcEWyRgZ#mvqLvDWNCG-dZSJognQgZFvoEYL0xF3mBtECLg9jTVY
upload_2021-1-22_1-3-22.png

https://mega.nz/file/UNcG3DSb#u6MdMEpeTQAdwm7bIC0yMtqOPZOpHls85rZ3IMbEnbE
q9th.png

03a.gif

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-22_1-4-28.png
    upload_2021-1-22_1-4-28.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
The direction of the game was decided by Kunos, and that ended with v1.16.4. The developers of CM and CSP can decide what they want. I can choose to use CM or play vanilla AC. For me, the choice is simple. If I don’t like CM/CSP, then I can play vanilla AC or develop my own app/launcher. How is CM/CSP being forced on anyone?

Hi what is (vanilla AC) ?

Last edited:
So flooded that the race director, red flaged the race. Yes, I have an APP that has a simulated director, track stewards and emergency staff. :dopey:

Anyway, as the AI and me were there (flooded track), we decided to race, according the situation.
And so we did. Fortunately, that day, every pilots took their boats to the track, just because.
7.gif

View attachment 986293

View attachment 986294

03a.gif

ahahahahahahaahhahaha :gtpflag:

7.gif

View attachment 986293

View attachment 986294

03a.gif
SAME OL' CJ ALWAYS A BUSTA

7.gif

View attachment 986293

View attachment 986294

03a.gif

Last edited:
Glad to hear it, I like that approach a lot. However, even releasing it for free doesn't make it okay to ignore the original modders wishes. I believe you're far enough into the project that I would suggest you continue with it, and try approach the original modder in order to make it a true collaboration - or recreate the models without using their work before making it a public (or paid) release.

That's probably the case, or you didn't have extended physics enabled with a proper RainFX config. Not my video, but this shows how strong the effects can be

thank you. i will try in later at home for sure!
what i see from the video now is - brilliant visual and sound of rain drop effect, BUT when he goes into the puddle, car just go through it. No effect of aquaplaning and sound of it that i meant in post above. Just constant slippery surface

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hi could someone do the RainFx on Surfers Paradise 2004. Maybe on the Mike08 texture update. I live 15 minutes from the circuit. And when the event is on in October or hopefully in December this year. It's storm season so the weather is very much interesting to say the least. So i would be awesome if the circuit had RainFx on it.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/surfers-paradise-2004-retexture-by-mike08.30167/

Cheers.
Hi mate, Gold Coast is great ! =) Unfortunately the track is a bit outdated and lack lot of buildings. But still, yeas, one of my favourite as well. Oh i miss times it wass Indy there as well

Last edited:
Ok, i see your point, ac itself is also "proprietary", so what, and you need some kind of ensurance for online races.

MY main point was against @safi hellie's oh so knowledgable and educated sentence:
"Kunos's own encryption got busted by the same guy who now lets people encrypt their ripped mods...go figure". Seems he/she/it is not so educated. I dont like people making it appear to "know stuff" and pouring junk over others work just like this.

The point stills stands. Kunos encrypted AC. Someone busted it and now content manager has a button to unpack kunos cars (and others) within it....
Ilyja didn't have to add that unpack button if he didn't want to.

So on the one hand there was a development above what vanilla AC could offer, which has now been reversed for people who want to encrypt their rips...

From where i sit, that has some nice ironies to it no?

And no, i am not trying to be clever, just having an input into this because we are not seeing encryption = quality, which was one of the selling points....

I would like to see a more mods of espirits level that are encrypted because they meet a certain standard.....
That isn't happening, which is what was being talked about first...

Currently what we have is cars being encrypted which then get put on the naughty list, or the bad mods, list by rusty.... something isn't working well there is it?

Oh and before you say someone is uneducated.... make sure you know how to spell 'knowledgeable' first....

Last edited:
The point stills stands. Kunos encrypted AC. Someone busted it and now content manager has a button to unpack kunos cars (and others) within it....
Ilyja didn't have to add that unpack button if he didn't want to.

So on the one hand there was a development above what vanilla AC could offer, which has now been reversed for people who want to encrypt their rips...

From where i sit, that has some nice ironies to it no?

And no, i am not trying to be clever, just having an input into this because we are not seeing encryption = quality, which was one of the selling points....

I would like to see a more mods of espirits level that are encrypted because they meet a certain standard.....
That isn't happening, which is what was being talked about first...

Currently what we have is cars being encrypted which then get put on the naughty list, or the bad mods, list by rusty.... something isn't working well there is it?

Oh and before you say someone is uneducated.... make sure you know how to spell 'knowledgeable' first....

Well, you can go yo Ilya and ask decrypting key or send him stolen encrypted kn5 file. Just need a proof that it was illegal encryprion. That is easy sollution

The direction of the game was decided by Kunos, and that ended with v1.16.4. The developers of CM and CSP can decide what they want. I can choose to use CM or play vanilla AC. For me, the choice is simple. If I don’t like CM/CSP, then I can play vanilla AC or develop my own app/launcher. How is CM/CSP being forced on anyone?

Yeah these are good points. I'm quite happy with CM-AC at the moment, but I'm worried about the future (I tend to do that a lot). What bothers me that there are no middle ground, it's either vanilla AC or CM/CSP, because so many (and more and more all the time, not even talking about encryption) mods are totally dependent of CSP.

I went with vanilla AC till last october and eventually switched to CM because half of the new mod-cars didn't seem to work with vanilla. That's how CM/SCP was "forced" on me.

Yeah these are good points. I'm quite happy with CM-AC at the moment, but I'm worried about the future (I tend to do that a lot). What bothers me that there are no middle ground, it's either vanilla AC or CM/CSP, because so many (and more and more all the time, not even talking about encryption) mods are totally dependent of CSP.

I went with vanilla AC till last october and eventually switched to CM because half of the new mod-cars didn't seem to work with vanilla. That's how CM/SCP was "forced" on me.
The alternative is a game stuck in 2014.

So my assumption the patreon = Early access? in short?? Like what ASR has done, they did cars in early access behind a paywall but they class it as a donation but they did say it would be an early access release. But it was a 1 time pay which is fair enough.

The alternative is a game stuck in 2014.

True, but if you disable weathers and csp and get it pretty much back to vanilla, it's really not a bad looking sim anyway.
I think kunos, hats off, totally knocked this out of the park, it's never looked cartoony like others, or looked like a sim from 2001, like others (however many ferris wheels they put in it.....).

However much great work has gone into it, the 'base' was IMO fantastic anyway. For example all kunos cars look stunning inside and out and are, bar a few big names, the best stuff still in it looks wise.

Would is still use vanilla? Yes. Definitely.

Regards encryption, all i'd like to see is better quality control, so before you get the key, the mod is tested and data file looked over, if its ripped already, or crap, it doesn't get an encryption ...

Easy to implement as they just follow rustys "bad mods" guide...

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back