Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,767 comments
Anyone know where the 3D model is from?
138096201_3648256931908029_2615476940439356703_o.jpg

I was just looking through some stuff and had a quick blast round East London. Its a bit like a smaller Reims with a technical bit in the middle, but it looks like a mod someone converted a while ago that never got finished, so there are loads of issues. If you try it, you'll love it, but you'll also wish one of the many track editing geniuses from GTP could give it some love :)

Is anyone able to do anything with this?: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/east-london-south-africa.13942/

Anyone know where the 3D model is from?
138096201_3648256931908029_2615476940439356703_o.jpg
It reminds me of another model of it made for the superbowl of last year shot at their museum and other places entitled "The Heist" to promote the new Taycan, which was used as an "easter egg" preview for the upcoming new-gen 911 GT3. The only difference are the spoiler hinges having an open fixature instead of being covered up like the one above.
upload_2021-2-8_16-59-39.png

first time ive tried the C8R GTE, nearly everything is great about it, but.., the sound.. quite bad, (never even heard a real one so cannot say if its legit) but at first I thought I had torn a speaker (you know when it makes that rattly noise). Pity because otherwise damn nice car to drive.

Personally I think C8.R is pretty boring sounding car. Yes its got a flat-plane crank DOHC V8 but because its displacement(5.5 liter) its BOP to be rev limited to 7300rpm. So its not exactly a screamer like the old NA V8 in Ferraris or something. And its missing the classic small block GM pushrod V8 style of thumping noise(For reference, the 5.5 Liter pushrod V8 in the DPi Cadillacs rev to 7600rpm). The road going car(the Z06 or whatever it'll be called) will probably make more power and rev higher.

Yes I know what you mean and my thanks to all for the support. The biggest thing for me is that so many contributors work so hard giving up their time to provide others with so many fantastic free mods. Always disappointing when a small minority don’t see that and comment without realising how much work goes into providing the free mods without speaking to the original authors. Doesn’t normally bother me but been a loooong week.
It just few good when you, Cozy and other do a mod for the people who asks here. That what's make a good community!
Not only rainFX, or cameras or track/car adjustments but the simply fact that someone had taken the time, to stop everything and start making something to help others. I find this amazing! Not only Dabaeda, Cozy and Masscot but all other guys who are literally on standing by to help. :)

Ok updated the rar with the grids only this time, so you'll have to download the tracks separately if you don't already have them. Also removed tracks that i didn't realize i never edited, like homestead and others. If you need a track extended, i can do so. One night i did some funny dust and decided i wanted to learn how to extend some grids and it turned out to be close to 20 in one day since i couldn't get sleep for 2 days lol.

Anyways, pm requests.

https://mega.nz/file/d8p0wb6b#igL9Qh8LRNN0xR2_eRcS0xRMxfZFYwPUVTmIZSq_8GM

aa_nashville_superspeedway
acu_autosport_speedway
acu_bathurst
acu_hungaroring
acu_interlagos
acu_mexico
acu_unitedstates
algarve_international_circuit
bahrain_international_circuit
eastern_creek2014
ks_laguna_seca
ks_zandvoort
lippo_circuit
melbourne_2019
ottawapark
rt_suzuka
slovakiaring
sveg
tochigi_racing_ring
vrc_alabama
Hey, Maybe it's just me but I can't get any of them to work. They don't show up or anything like that when installing them. Suzuka for example just has 36 pits just like the regular one.

I was just looking through some stuff and had a quick blast round East London. Its a bit like a smaller Reims with a technical bit in the middle, but it looks like a mod someone converted a while ago that never got finished, so there are loads of issues. If you try it, you'll love it, but you'll also wish one of the many track editing geniuses from GTP could give it some love :)

Is anyone able to do anything with this?: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/east-london-south-africa.13942/

and i would add kyalami 75

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/75-kyalami-south-africa.13945/

I could just think what @slider666 could do to improve these like he's done recently with some of his other recent track updates... if he has time. There needs to be way for us to contribute a few dollars to him so he can get a new graphics card to replace the one that died recently. He'd be able to work more efficiently--though I don't mind testing his updates and sharing video captures with him.

I like the old-school winding feel of these tracks. Great for vintage F1 cars, the Porknose or DRM cars. Some material/texture replacement and GrassFX would go a long way to improve the experience of driving them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo wtf, the real car hasn't even been released and we already have a model for it? lmao

I'm guessing its Porsche configurator model. The author probably knows how to rip models off Porsche, since I have not seen the model around anywhere yet. The files are probably already updated to Porsche's configurator online and are just hidden until the full reveal.

Hey, Maybe it's just me but I can't get any of them to work. They don't show up or anything like that when installing them. Suzuka for example just has 36 pits just like the regular one.

Did you edit their pit # in CM? Suzuka is 44

Also edited original post with link, with the # of spots to put in CM. This was mostly for private use, so i lazily made all mine 60 lol.

Canberra 37 spots + rainfx enabled. Ai is kinda wonky at T1 and the chicanes with the protos and gt cars. Might be better with supercar boats :D

https://mega.nz/file/U8gWXT4R#6dgSptfo3VCMYR8RDLWpCZJBnaQV0gRTLRiwjeTazZw

Imagine if Kyzyl Saleem were to join up with an experienced AC car modder in a collaborative effort to bring some of his wild car concepts, that he now creates in 3D and paints over, to our sim-racing world. He worked for AE for a while on their Need for Speed franchise.

Excellent 2.9 km (but feeels short) track to do some test drives.

Cameras developed to be more one car action oriented rather than racing coverage :)

Canberra 400 (v0.99 Early Preview)

View attachment 990261 View attachment 990262

Converted with permission by the original author, "Radar"

Features:
- CSP GrassFX
- 10 pit/start
- Cameras by @DaBaeda

Feedback / additions welcome (add grids etc)

:: download ::
Phenomal track and great work on cameras!

Canberra 37 spots + rainfx enabled. Ai is kinda wonky at T1 and the chicanes with the protos and gt cars. Might be better with supercar boats :D

Did you change the AI too?

Do you know how to show sparks in replay? They appear in game but not in replay... something I'm missing? Help me please, this is eating my brain!:nervous:
Idk if it's something about HideSparks=1 in ExtraFX.ini... does it exist?:confused:

Thank you! Will be added to the release.

The AI is actually quite good with some cars, not so good with others. The one chicane fixed with an ai_hints, T1 less so.
I do not recommend protos or other wide/fast cars. (honestly the AI is more of a ideal_line.ai)
I could not find an era correct OZ V8 for screens and did not try OZ historics. Honestly try a wide range of cars (Those 'utes were horrible).

An historic video (and screens) with the right cars would be awesome to see

It is funny to see some reactions to many of my tracks, some of which have the tightest corners, bumps, hairpins and confining walls compared to the average track... and expect every car with a huge grid to magically be perfect. Its ok, dont worry because most of the upcomming tracks have more tight and confined places :)

Maybe someone can firm up the AI as my first 3 routes were a complete wreckfest.

Thank you! Will be added to the release.

The AI is actually quite good with some cars, not so good with others. The one chicane fixed with an ai_hints, T1 less so.
I do not recommend protos or other wide/fast cars. (honestly the AI is more of a ideal_line.ai)
I could not find an era correct OZ V8 for screens and did not try OZ historics. Honestly try a wide range of cars (Those 'utes were horrible).

An historic video (and screens) with the right cars would be awesome to see

It is funny to see some reactions to many of my tracks, some of which have the tightest corners, bumps, hairpins and confining walls compared to the average track... and expect every car with a huge grid to magically be perfect. Its ok, dont worry because most of the upcomming tracks have more tight and confined places :)

Maybe someone can firm up the AI as my first 3 routes were a complete wreckfest.

Thanks for all your work!

I saw that Lakeside was recently released for GTL by you. Any chance we could see it in AC? Absolutely love that track.

I'm guessing its Porsche configurator model. The author probably knows how to rip models off Porsche, since I have not seen the model around anywhere yet. The files are probably already updated to Porsche's configurator online and are just hidden until the full reveal.

My guess would be some 3D artist, who already made it. Grabbed the base 992 or the Turbo and expanded on it. There were some sneak peaks in the Chris Harris video, but still impressive to see it already lol.

iks
Thanks for all your work!

I saw that Lakeside was recently released for GTL by you. Any chance we could see it in AC? Absolutely love that track.

I doubt this is the same, but speaking of a Lakeside track, this is a fun course to drive in a light car. Though it delivers a pretty good experience racing around on a cliffside track, it's very rough and could be improved a lot visually. It looks like something from a previous-gen sim racing title. Apparently it was released in 2014, and hasn't been updated since.

Track Download Link

I doubt this is the same, but speaking of a Lakeside track, this is a fun course to drive in a light car. Though it delivers a pretty good experience racing around on a cliffside track, it's very rough and could be improved a lot visually. It looks like something from a previous-gen sim racing title. Apparently it was released in 2014, and hasn't been updated since.

Track Download Link

Yes I was referencing the great little track in Queensland. :cheers:

Is there any interest in a version of Sebring from 1966?

I've been sent over a load of reference material and I believe it to be possible. I've never done anything 'historic' before so it would be an interesting one.

0xueJX5.png

I would love to see this, I have been working out research on a 1970s version.. I don't mod, but was hoping someone would appreciate my research.

Hi All
Cozy61 Reboot version of Race Sim Studio FH2020 F1 2020 Season (Race 1 -17)
Easier installation for new users

Requires:
All files can be found here
Single zip folder for tracks (5GB):
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FC8MyKCSqw8NEl42Ms6a1Ho1opj2jpHE?usp=sharing
Individual Tracks: Zipped/unzipped https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qkAc5KH5X1qiFr5RxOmUao906mYYlLLg?usp=sharing
Championship files, car skins, Leaderboard (24 cars), weather plans and various apps: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13XRaJ8bKiVVNwejxypiGFgA35Z60TdZN?usp=sharing

INSTALLATION
  1. Drag the champs folder into; Your PC > documents > assetto corsa folder (When you run Assetto Corsa or Content Manager you will find it under championships '2020 F1 (RSS) Championship - REBOOT'

2. Drag the track(s) folder(s) into; Your PC >:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks

3. Drag the content folder into; Your PC > SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa

4. Drag the screens folder into; Your PC > documents > assetto corsa folder (Provides background loading screen for each race)

5. Drag the extension folder into; Your PC > SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa

6. Drag the apps folder into; Your PC > SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa
BACKGROUND
2020 F1 (RSS) COVID19 Championship- REBOOT.champ.jpgRW7_Belgium_GP_2020.jpg Screenshot (541).pngScreenshot (542).png
I've updated the 2020 F1 (RSS) Custom Championship (RW1-17) using the excellent (payware) Race Sim Studio Formula Hybrid 2020 mod.
All updated to include 'Self Contained Tracks' which include updated Rainfx, lights, track skins and extension files together with the latest skins and driver grid rating based on the 2019 season final standings
Also included are the F1 Leaderboard (also good for GT races) and individual race day loading screens plus Weather plans for random weather during races

All the tracks are thanks to the hard work of several modders and were the best versions at the time

*You also need AC DLC Dream pack 2 and Red pack for two of the tracks

*RW1_Austrian_GP_2020
*RW2_Austrian_GP_2020
RW3_Hungary_GP_2020
RW4_GreatBritain_GP_2020
RW5_GreatBritain_GP_2020
*RW6_Spanish_GP_2020
RW7_Belgium_GP_2020
RW8_Italy_GP_2020
RW9_Italy_GP_2020
RW10_Russia_GP_2020
RW11_Germany_GP_2020
RW12_Portugal_GP_2020
RW13_Italy_GP_2020
RW14_Turkey_GP_2020
RW15_Bahrain_GP_2020
RW16_Bahrain_GP_2020
RW17_AbuDhabi_GP_2020

(Please note: all tracks are renamed to fit in the championship but can be swapped if desired)
This video will assist:

How to Modify without losing your Race Data:

Also, attached some additional RAINFX track configs if they're of use
algarve_rainfx track bg.jpg

• Algarve International (Reboot Project)
  • Istanbul Park (ACU version)
  • Yas Marina ACU version (ACU version)
  • Bahrain 2020 (JK version)

80+ RainFX by various authors here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PVFWPPLNzXN5dOgxCURr27uFsgCMrQRs?usp=sharing

Hope it's of use
Cozy61

Attachments

• acu_yasmarina_rainfx.txt
    914 bytes · Views: 23
  • bahrain_2020_rainfx.txt
    748 bytes · Views: 25
  • acu_istanbul-park_rainfx.txt
    823 bytes · Views: 21
  • algarve_rainfx.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 24
  • champs.zip
    119 KB · Views: 17
  • F1 2020 REBOOT SEASON Readme.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back