Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,787 comments
Focus SVT lights texture:

lights_lod0.png

Focus RS lights texture:

focus_lglass.png

Crikey, I hope Pedro takes a look at this. It's very odd to release the car like this. Totally spoils it. Why not just borrow the far better SVT lights?

Last edited:
Focus SVT lights texture:

View attachment 994079

Focus RS lights texture:

View attachment 994080

Crikey, I hope Pedro takes a look at this. It's very odd to release the car like this. Why not just use the far better SVT lights?

Those lights are so bad it hurts my eyes to look at them. Also while you're at it replace the sound with something better too. I used the KTM xbow-r as it is also a 2 litre turbo 4 and it sounded pretty good (if not accurate in any way). The suspension is from the Alfa Giulietta QV so not a great match.
One day we might get a decent Focus RS Mk1 but for now this will have to do.

Oh and I also want some wine gums now :D

Last edited:

Attachments

• RTW_POL_124.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 24
  • RTW_GRC_27_V2.zip
    4 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
That is so funny that you say some without evidence why his mods are bad. Some bla bla , not more. And no, i dont even know who is that modder. I say that some his models are really good, old Porsches , to be correct . And you say not," just because"

Hmmm I didn't say that but it's all good. Peace :cheers:

Hi edoandreetta,

actually I fixed the Porsche Cayman S 987 some weeks ago.

- wheels corrected to the real size
- shaders tweaks
- physics updated (real performance)

I hope You like it.
Feel free everyone to make further optimizations. :)

https://sharemods.com/6hqp0sq526gy/porsche_cayman_s.rar.html

View attachment 994030

nice, this has been massively overhauled! what a difference on just shaders tweak. only thing left is the driver's animation and some tweaks to the lights and instrument panel and it would be perfect.

For Ferrari Dino enthusiasts, I'm enjoying this version by Full Throttle.
Great for testing out my 14" Nardo wheel rim as the Thrustmaster mount I designed is now perfect (after some tweaking).

Download Page

46LUesE.jpg

VR506-PARK 1.0

[ UPDATE: The author re-uploaded it to another page. Link below updated ]

This is a pretty good track, new at Race Department. It's quite technical, so take your time and give it a chance. According to the author, this is the "free" version featuring the short layout. The final version will have several layouts.

screenshot_gt4_toyota_supra_vr506-park-v1_24-1-121-10-40-45-jpg.448637

Last edited:
Use Version Numbers
In the track's .json files there is a field for version number. Please use it! So many modders neglect it. It's very useful for people who maintain a large library of mod tracks to know if they already have this version. Also, changelogs are nice. They can be added to the description field in the json file, or they can be a readme file, or even just in the post where the mod is shared or on the racedepartment page if it's released that way.

Yes, yes, and yes. The more history in the json file the better. It would be great if one only had to open the json file to find out: 1) Where did it come from (e.g., original, conversion, etc.)? 2) What did you do to it? 3) How often have you done it (i.e., versioning)?

I love this thing. That is all.

I haven't driven it in a while, but it has always been fun to drive. I posted in the discussion at RD that it has strange reflections on interior surfaces, there's no shifting animation, and shadows seem to project through the doors and other surfaces--like a chain-link fence shadow on the right side of the car is showing on the inside of the right door.

Last edited:
I haven't driven it in a while, but it has always been fun to drive. I posted in the discussion at RD that it has strange reflections on interior surfaces, there's no shifting animation, and shadows seem to project through the doors and other surfaces--like a chain-link fence shadow on the right side of the car is showing on the inside of the right door.
I'm using dashboard view and only paying attention to what is out the windshield so I haven't noticed any of that lol

Last edited:
Where's the best place to find mods for this game?

I guess nobody cares...
It is a rather open ended question. I don't know what you've found already, and others may be thinking the same.

Assetto Corsa | RaceDepartment

Home - RaceSimStudio

assettoland (wixsite.com)

F3 Classic Tracks (sellfy.com)

ASR Formula

VRC Modding Team (vrc-modding-team.net)

Miscellaneous Minutiae (perendinator.blogspot.com)

If you've already visited the above sites, I would not have known.

View attachment 994096
I wasn't expecting such a condescending answer.

Sorry. My answer wasn't intended to be condescending for the sake of it, but... so many people turn up here asking questions like this without having done any apparent work to find things for themselves. They don't even read through this thread, but instead, just want others to summarise everything in a single post so they don't have to make any effort.

If you do read through this thread, you will find many leads to sites full of AC mods. There's no general agreement on what's good and bad though, which is sometimes the very reason others aren't willing to make recommendations. It depends what kind of cars/tracks you're after for one thing.

EDIT: This should help you out quite a bit.

Last edited:
I wasn't expecting such a condescending answer.

and yet it sounds like you didn´t even try that (even if you did)

There's no general agreement on what's good and bad though, which is sometimes the very reason others aren't willing to make recommendations. It depends what kind of cars/tracks you're after for one thing.

There´s a general agreement that any paid mod by SimDream and RTM is bad.
Everything else is up to taste i guess.

This would be a good car to get to CSP standards, but its one of the earliest mods ever to appear for AC, so I doubt it will be updated by the original author.

Request for Poland plus a refresh for Greece (Greece folder has original skin as well (just rename from orig_skin_00.dds to skin_00.ds if you prefer original)
Link to the original post and GDrive downloads: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2242#post-13354041

View attachment 994083 View attachment 994084
Amazing work you are doing sir ! Can i throw in a request too ?? :)) Hungary and Romania ? THX

oh and by the way, it exists somewhere a version of the Toyota S-FR with working wipers ???? If not can someone make it ? I really love this car and by the skin works put in and requests i think lot of us drive it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is so funny that you say some without evidence why his mods are bad. Some bla bla , not more. And no, i dont even know who is that modder. I say that some his models are really good, old Porsches , to be correct . And you say not," just because"

Alright, I'm going to stay civil here :

- Overpriced ripped content. (6 dollars for a single car ? 8 for 2 cars ??? A 7-car DLC for Forza (the origin of 'his' content) was 7€. And they've worked on it from start to finish.
- Pretentiousness ("Quality sport-cars replicas for virtual "garage" space. For passionate drivers, for cars and speed lovers" ? You haven't modeled these cars! These aren't your replicas)
- FM4 rips (Wiesmann GTS, Apollo S, S7R...) that stick out like a sore thumb
- Disappointing / copy pasted physics.

They're like Gerodude. People love to mock Forza but without that series 70% of AC cars wouldn't exist. Biting the hand that feeds you and all that... It's quite funny.

God damn. The lights on the Kunos 370Z have just stopped working completely for me.

Just like clockwork every couple of months it seems like one random car from my library just has its headlights or taillights stop working for no damn reason when CSP is active.

Yet another reason why I hate CSP/SOL quite a bit. It keeps breaking random crap for seemingly no reason but you need it in order for anything in AC to work nowadays.

Last edited:
I got this after having to reinstall stuff, I forgot to click the "enable telemtry" button in fanalabs but i had fanalabs exension in CM turned on.
Had nothing to do with the G27 in the error message as I dont even have one.

View attachment 994102

may not be useful if you are not using fanatec?
I too was getting this but only when using my monitor and my 918 wheel it seems. Never happened in VR, activated this now. Hopefully all good.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back