Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,776 comments
God damn. The lights on the Kunos 370Z have just stopped working completely for me.

Just like clockwork every couple of months it seems like one random car from my library just has its headlights or taillights stop working for no damn reason when CSP is active.

Yet another reason why I hate CSP/SOL quite a bit. It keeps breaking random crap for seemingly no reason but you need it in order for anything in AC to work nowadays.

Yeah, and the Kunos cars randomly losing sounds (how?). Now I can't even use the bonnet / first person cameras at night, all I have is a black screen (I'm on CSP 1.60, the 'stable' one as they say...)
Vanilla AC is a fairly empty game, but at least it works. CSP / SOL ? Feels like AC is in perpetual beta state since their inception - yeah it looks cool but the myriad of issues these two things created...

Alright, I'm going to stay civil here :

- Overpriced ripped content. (6 dollars for a single car ? 8 for 2 cars ??? A 7-car DLC for Forza (the origin of 'his' content) was 7€. And they've worked on it from start to finish.
- Pretentiousness ("Quality sport-cars replicas for virtual "garage" space. For passionate drivers, for cars and speed lovers" ? You haven't modeled these cars! These aren't your replicas)
- FM4 rips (Wiesmann GTS, Apollo S, S7R...) that stick out like a sore thumb
- Disappointing / copy pasted physics.

They're like Gerodude. People love to mock Forza but without that series 70% of AC cars wouldn't exist. Biting the hand that feeds you and all that... It's quite funny.
Hi mate. and still 70% of notes about ripping. About physics, it's hard to say for sure unless you drive it in real. When i was making Subaru Legacy BM for AC, firstly i copy pasted physics, then i made some setup to make geometry like in real, and then i setup car to feel like in real. (i drive one in time attack sundays). But firstly it was copy pasted. And as a result it was very close to real. so i dont see any problems.

Lets take modder who made NFS inspired pack. Viper, Vette, Diablo - are just brilliant. But 993 - peace of .... but it was scratch made.
So using forza model or not, only thing is important is final feelings from it.

and finally, the most right way is just to skip what you dont like, like in instagram feed. just skip and forget, without commenting "oh this photo is bad or i already saw it somewhere"

Last edited:
WWHHHAAAATTT!!!!!!!! What the hell happen!!!

I took a week off to enjoy some ACC British DLC. Came back to install the latest CSP. Then suddenly MASSIVE PERFORMANCE BOOST!
I'm talking about full GUERILLA's GT4 grid of 30 at a lock 60 PFS!!! and still room to spare! I started testing unoptimized mod cars and tracks and still a flawless 60 PFS performance!... and yes I'm still using a i7-4790k/1070ti spec

Anybody else notice this? Was there any mention of performance improvement in recent patches?... or have I been hiding under a rock for far too long?.

Regardless I'm ****ing loving this! It's a nice late birthday give after a VERY ****** week. :gtpflag:

Where's the best place to find mods for this game?

I guess nobody cares...

View attachment 994096
I wasn't expecting such a condescending answer.
Then perhaps you should have asked a better question. Something like, "I've browsed this thread and visited that site and that site and this site [giving examples] but where else should I look?" instead of doing what you did which was akin to walking into a supermarket and yelling, "What's the best milk?"

and finally, the most right way is just to skip what you dont like, like in instagram feed. just skip and forget, without commenting "oh this photo is bad or i already saw it somewhere"
Just no.

This is a discussion forum, not your personal blog or shop-front. as such, as long as they remain within the AUP, then members are free to post about whatever topic they like, be it positive or negative.

You will not (as in this is not up for debate) attempt to shut down discussion simply because you don't like it or consider to be positive.

I haven't driven it in a while, but it has always been fun to drive. I posted in the discussion at RD that it has strange reflections on interior surfaces, there's no shifting animation, and shadows seem to project through the doors and other surfaces--like a chain-link fence shadow on the right side of the car is showing on the inside of the right door.
Some more work needs to take place on the suspension side of the car. We have never been able to reproduce some of the traits of the FWD due to AC limitations like dampers on the Antiroll bars etc. I have been looking at setting up new dampers to reproduce the kind of ride the car had. The data we were given though was very limited, we had spring rate data, a CAD of the suspension layout, engine dyno from Judd engines, some gearbox info from XTrac but no damper data, only the spec (Penske). We did get a ton of data from one of the Vectra teams, with damper controls and damping rates in n/m which we have used as a guide on the new build. Basically we need to get the rear of the car hopping more which should aid turn in and give a little more oversteer in certain situations. I think what the car needs is less understeer when on the power but less oversteer when off the power.

Last edited:
God damn. The lights on the Kunos 370Z have just stopped working completely for me.
Just like clockwork every couple of months it seems like one random car from my library just has its headlights or taillights stop working for no damn reason when CSP is active.
Yet another reason why I hate CSP/SOL quite a bit. It keeps breaking random crap for seemingly no reason but you need it in order for anything in AC to work nowadays.

Yeah, and the Kunos cars randomly losing sounds (how?). Now I can't even use the bonnet / first person cameras at night, all I have is a black screen (I'm on CSP 1.60, the 'stable' one as they say...)
Vanilla AC is a fairly empty game, but at least it works. CSP / SOL ? Feels like AC is in perpetual beta state since their inception - yeah it looks cool but the myriad of issues these two things created...

Don't forget that the shaders patch IS still in beta and by choosing to use it we are all beta testers helping with development, so it's reasonable to expect issues.
CSP 0.1.60 is quite outdated, so try 0.1.68.
And yes, some mods insist on later builds to work properly but that's only because they are utilising innovative features. There are thousands of mods that work perfectly well with earlier builds or with vanilla AC and you certainly don't "need it in order for anything in AC to work nowadays".
It can be frustrating when things don't work or get broken with a new build, but that's all part of beta testing and development.
But hating CSP and Sol after everything they've brought to this seven year old game? I'm sure you don't really mean that.

Last edited:
Interlagos - Autódromo José Carlos Pace

View attachment 982144

Autódromo José Carlos Pace (Interlagos) - Version 1.0

Original track: Automobilista - Reiza Studios
Original conversion: VheEth

- AI lines by @KevinK2
- Cams by @DaBaeda
- Trees and RainFX by @TheRealCeeBee
- Starting boxes / pits / sectors by @slider666, @norms

DOWNLOAD
https://www.mediafire.com/file/syudlm8tpnibhop/vhe_interlagos_1.0.rar/file
hi all! the link is down unfortunately, could someone kindly upload a working one? thanks in advance!

About Adria currently they are doing some great improving to the track and is total leght is now of 3.7 km instead of 2.7 km... Hope to see some great race in the near future there and probably some improvement in AC too.
There's also an important project for Modena circuit. I show you a render of Modena. The red lines are the new planned part

image.jpg%3Ff%3Ddetail_558%26h%3D720%26w%3D1280%26%24p%24f%24h%24w%3Da952e14

I know it looks like a landing strip...

Here it is a video showing the changes on Adria raceway 2021 (sorry for the Italian language)

Last edited:
Don't forget that the shaders patch IS still in beta and by choosing to use it we are all beta testers helping with development, so it's reasonable to expect issues.
CSP 0.1.60 is quite outdated, so try 0.1.68.
And yes, some mods insist on later builds to work properly but that's only because they are utilising innovative features. There are thousands of mods that work perfectly well with earlier builds or with vanilla AC and you certainly don't "need it in order for anything in AC to work nowadays".
It can be frustrating when things don't work or get broken with a new build, but that's all part of beta testing and development.
But hating CSP and Sol after everything they've brought to this seven year old game? I'm sure you don't really mean that.

I don't hate it, but lately it's more trouble than it's worth. Feels like I'm troubleshooting more than I'm actually playing the game.

Then perhaps you should have asked a better question. Something like, "I've browsed this thread and visited that site and that site and this site [giving examples] but where else should I look?" instead of doing what you did which was akin to walking into a supermarket and yelling, "What's the best milk?"
At least I could help with milk. Maybe more akin to walking into a market and asking "what should I buy?"

I don't hate it, but lately it's more trouble than it's worth. Feels like I'm troubleshooting more than I'm actually playing the game.
At the moment I try the latest versions to test new features but normally then revert to 0.1.68 for day-to-day stability.

Just no.

This is a discussion forum, not your personal blog or shop-front. as such, as long as they remain within the AUP, then members are free to post about whatever topic they like, be it positive or negative.

You will not (as in this is not up for debate) attempt to shut down discussion simply because you don't like it or consider to be positive.

Just quoting it because it covers a whole myriad of things, like for example the right to express an opinion on e*****tion etc.

Not blowing smoke here, but I welcome this confirmation.
Not that i will ever dare express my opinion on e*****tion ever again...
But good to know.

Last edited:
Is there a way to let cars start at a different point than the start/finish line?
I can't get the AI cars to start properly on the banking at Daytona, they always crab and crash, so I'd like to let them start further back.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back