Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,793 comments
I have them both.But the model and skins of the clio is mediocre.The manta is ok,but i want a rally version.I keep them until i find something better.
Thanks

Yes, that Assetto DB Clio is horrible. Likely just barely a conversion from an old mod.

I went ahead and purchased the CIRacesOnline Clio to evaluate this "modders" work. In a nutshell, this shouldn't be a paid mod in its' current state.

The physics are okay, but probably a little too sticky, with suspension that performs better than the real car. I would expect this car to be tight and twitchy. As for the model, the polycount should be increased around the windows and wheel arches and the inside of the doors and mirrors need to be re-modeled and new higher-quality materials applied to them, and the interior in general could use some shader and vao work. The dashboard, Moteg, and other interior components aren't bad, but the doors and mirrors ruin everything.

If their other mods are like this, they shouldn't charge anything for them until they're improved.

Last edited:
Pescarolo Sport rework v0.25
Here You go: https://mega.nz/file/XH4DjAzJ#AOO26QEpMGzYDC1yu2ahwMeVh4ccBjyEVk9TFPXjjDY
Zrzut ekranu (87).png

Last edited:
That would be your FOV, you can adjust it.
Also updated the file link, hopefully everyone has a clear windshield now (and no false positive on virus).
New link works fine. No issues.
Windscreen is also OK, bar this little 'indicator' that moves from left to right, along with the revs and stays in the max reached position.

indicator.png

Yes, that Assetto DB Clio is horrible. Likely just barely a conversion from an old mod.

I went ahead and purchased the ACRacesOnline Clio to evaluate this "modders" work. In a nutshell, this shouldn't be a paid mod in its' current state.

The physics are okay, but probably a little too sticky, with suspension that performs better than the real car. I would expect this car to be tight and twitchy. As for the model, the polycount should be increased around the windows and wheel arches and the inside of the doors and mirrors need to be re-modeled and new higher-quality materials applied to them, and the interior in general could use some shader and vao work. The dashboard, Moteg, and other interior components aren't bad, but the doors and mirrors ruin everything.

If their other mods are like this, they shouldn't charge anything for them until they're improved.

Thanks for the feedback.Thats why i asked and was reluctant to buy at first place.Hopefully the author improves it further.

Here's something i used to reference to, which helped first time i fiddled with it..

On track in pp filters, in colour balance section.

COLOR_TEMP=6250
WHITE_BALANCE=6500

Decrease COLOR_TEMP or increase WHITE_BALANCE for more warmth
I can’t get any changes to show, for some reason.

I can’t get any changes to show, for some reason.
Actually, it doesn’t seem like anything changes when I select a different PPfilter. Anyone know what’s going on?

Last edited by a moderator:

I went ahead and purchased the ACRacesOnline Clio to evaluate this "modders" work. In a nutshell, this shouldn't be a paid mod in its' current state.

ACRacesOnline... That's CIRacesOnline, right ?

I just had to post this. Maybe pair this with some "cardboard car" mods, and it'd be perfect. Imagine the "realism." :lol:

Have to give him some credit for his innovative ideas. Maybe with materials other than cardboard, it might be more durable and reliable. Though I have rigs and wheels, I might dive into my 3D software to model and print some parts, just for gits and shiggles. I know there's the smaller 3D-printed solution that simply attaches to the controller to give you a thumb-sized wheel, but this would provide a better experience. Hmmmm... maybe he's on to something.

He says "You can't win with this controller," but we know that's not true.

You wanna know what's funny? We complain all the time about 2D 'cardboard' spectators...but now (life imitating art, as it's wont to do) that's become a real thing. These actual cardboard spectators were seen at a sporting event in Germany:

2D spectators in Germany.jpg

Does anyone know how to combine chrome/metal paint affect with matte or metallic with Paint.net or photoshop. I know how do chrome affect within ext_config file with skin folder but combining both is something I been looking into. I'm a wear of article on lucianpainedesign blog .

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back