Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,770 comments
interestingly, not one of my cars... even the wonderful Alfa 33T12 has been "transformed" and others selling it.
Actually I cant think of 1 mod from GTP or RD that has been done as you say... re-released by someone for $$.

And yes... your "offer" has done nothing but create a "Streisand" effect that people want your mod...
and will do everything to get it WITHOUT PAYING. (or 1 guy from csru will buy it and then offer it for free, because you wanted to charge for rip).

In the GTR2/fF days many models were paid for, and ALL were released for free. I was personally involved in procuring the Ferrari 312 (released by Barika) and the Porsche 917K by RMi, both were paid models.. that we released for free after over 100hrs of remodelling and another 200hrs of physics work.

sorry, but your excuses have also 0 value to the community here.

Then you have obviously produced an inferior mod physics, otherwise others would not want or need to "make their own physics".

end of story

Fine if you paid for a model and release it for free but we don't do that. Also we are not "selling" it. No one can get the car except the ones who supported us before we have started making the mod. We have said to all of them that only supporters will get access to the mod.

Also the physics were done by the same person who do the physics for ASR Formula.

Oh i know that your alfa is selled too by some russian guys. If that doesn't care you ok.

Anybody tried the new ASR Ferrari 1999 F1 car?

The slightest turn with the wheel on the 1999 Ferrari and it spins. Even at full speed on the fastest kinks at Misano. Anybody else got this?

I did search and came up blank so if anyone else has had this and fixed it I'd be grateful for some help. I also tried searching the CSP discord but even though a few people have the same problem I found no answers...anyway I get these weird shadow lines on my cars. Doesn't matter what filter I use either.
Not sure if it's obvious from this shot but the lines are running along the edge of the bonnet.

View attachment 995028
I seemed to remember a few people here having a similar issue in the past (I think I did too at one point) and a quick search sent me here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-936#post-13052663

Hope it helps!

Yep thats what i had from 1.72 upwards, even 1.74 Preview does it. So i ended up switching back to 1.69 preview and it goes away...
But then so do my windscreen reflections so have to disable windscreen fx.

I asked on here, discord and got no answers that could help.

Once you see it you can't see it and its annoying. I tried all sorts from shadow distance to disabling shadows etc.

It's a pain in the backside for sure, I find if I go to photo mode in replay and adjust the light angle I can make it go away but it's not a fix. Definitely a CSP thing and like you I have tried all sorts of things...even tried disabling AA / turning on MSAA / installing different CSP presets and nothing really helps.

Ah well.....the joys of CSP and all it's glory :lol:

I'll try rolling back and see if it fixes it.

thanks for trying to help though 👍

I seemed to remember a few people here having a similar issue in the past (I think I did too at one point) and a quick search sent me here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-936#post-13052663

Hope it helps!

You had better luck with the search than me - nice one. I'll try the shadow sharpening thing but if not I'll try what Safi suggested and roll back to 0.1.69 and revert SOL to an older version too

Ok so latest versions of CSP don't have shadow sharpening or adaptive shadow settings. :banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody tried the new ASR Ferrari 1999 F1 car?

The slightest turn with the wheel on the 1999 Ferrari and it spins. Even at full speed on the fastest kinks at Misano. Anybody else got this?
I haven´t got that issue. It doesn´t spin if i turn into corners

You had better luck with the search than me - nice one. I'll try the shadow sharpening thing but if not I'll try what Safi suggested and roll back to 0.1.69 and revert SOL to an older version too

Ok so latest versions of CSP don't have shadow sharpening or adaptive shadow settings. :banghead:
To narrow it down I searched 'shadows' by user 'Fanapryde' as I seemed to remember he was suffering from this. Just 'shadows' took me a whole bunch of posts about Hank Marvin and someone called 'Kitty'.
You've had a faff with all the god-knows-what-they-do-your-guess-is-as-good-as-mine settings in Smart Shadows I presume?

Last edited:
To narrow it down I searched 'shadows' by user 'Fanapryde' as I seemed to remember he was suffering from this. Just 'shadows' took me a whole bunch of posts about Hank Marvin and someone called 'Kitty'.
You've had a faff with all the god-knows-what-they-do-your-guess-is-as-good-as-mine settings in Smart Shadows I presume?

haha yeah i just searched Shadows and gave up after going through all 10 search pages. I also remember Fana having this issue

I'm trying out some far plane stuff and also near plane in Graphics_adjustment so will see how I get on

EDIT: I have somehow made it worse now :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks for the link ill check it out.
have done some testing of the 2021 mod, seems pretty good first impressions. not sure if the physics have been ripped from the tommy78 mod but they drive like youd expect tcr cars too.
Lada, renault & lynk n co are all fine. im surprised that within their file structure of 2021 the astra and their bmw rwd conversion are still of eatc naming, whereas everything else is filed tcr, looks to have come direct from Rollovers. Im still going to await the full WTCR 2019 mod release before making any judgements.

Speaking of Rollovers, just completely vanished without a trace. anyone here able to shed any light on why that is?

Not a clue what happened to them, the fb page still looks active somewhat? Just league stuff, last i read the members moved to other organisations?

@safi hellie Going back to 0.1.71 public seems to have sorted it for now. Don't know what i've lost by rolling back to that one but it will do and at least those lines have gone.
Let me know if you manage to find a solution that isn't using an older CSP version and i'll do the same :D

haha yeah i just searched Shadows and gave up after going through all 10 search pages. I also remember Fana having this issue

I'm trying out some far plane stuff and also near plane in Graphics_adjustment so will see how I get on

EDIT: I have somehow made it worse now :confused:
Let me know if you find a fix please. That tip used to fix the issue back then but after one of the ... CSP updates it came back...
And I'm getting a bit tired having to try a massive amount of settings over and over again...

Let me know if you find a fix please. That tip used to fix the issue back then but after one of the ... CSP updates it came back...
And I'm getting a bit tired having to try a massive amount of settings over and over again...

Yeah it's annoying on so many levels - I get that these are beta versions but it's literally getting to the point of me thinking about uninstalling everything and just playing solitaire and minesweeper from now on :lol:

When ever I see a new racing game DLC trailer, the first thing on my mind is "What new mods are coming to AC in the near future?" LOL

Yeah.. I think the same. But unfortunately, a lot of PCars2 DLC model is not available yet!
For example a better Opel Astra TCR model. The one is in the EATC (maybe ex Rollovers) mod is good, good (it is a Hum3d model) But this Astra in PCars2 is looks like more realistic, a bit wider, the roof of the car is a bit lower, etc.

https://www.igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=128928

Last edited:
Yeah it's annoying on so many levels - I get that these are beta versions but it's literally getting to the point of me thinking about uninstalling everything and just playing solitaire and minesweeper from now on :lol:

Personally, I'm totally fine with CM and vanilla AC. I added all the clouds from good and bad weather suite so I don't have to use that program and I have all the setting cranked up to high and with my new 49" Odyssey G9, it's awesome! Perfect for the limited time I have to play, get in and get out with no tinkering. 👍

Blender is a very powerful 3D program, and it is free. A large portion of the modding community uses it, and there is a huge community around the software itself with a lot of resources for learning and plugins and the like 👍

Fine if you paid for a model and release it for free but we don't do that. Also we are not "selling" it. No one can get the car except the ones who supported us before we have started making the mod. We have said to all of them that only supporters will get access to the mod.
is that the story now?
Oh i know that your alfa is selled too by some russian guys. If that doesn't care you ok.
I am on VK, and saw my mod behind a paylink. I asked him to remove it months ago.
Nothing I can do about further, however I am not a rage butthurt from it.

its ok, no need to fight each other, right?

@safi hellie Going back to 0.1.71 public seems to have sorted it for now. Don't know what i've lost by rolling back to that one but it will do and at least those lines have gone.
Let me know if you manage to find a solution that isn't using an older CSP version and i'll do the same :D
are 'yall being sure to delete CSP settings from "\Users\your_user\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension" when you up/downgrade?
This action is really mandatory, esp if you are having CSP version issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
are 'yall being sure to delete CSP settings from "\Users\your_user\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg" when you up/downgrade?
This action is really mandatory, esp if you are having CSP version issues.
Won't this wipe a whole bunch of personal settings that you want to perpetuate across different CSP builds though?

Won't this wipe a whole bunch of personal settings that you want to perpetuate across different CSP builds though?
yes, but also holds old values for possibly depreciated functions and functions where the value ranges have changed in CSP due to upgraded/renewed functions.

It 100% has fixed issues that I have had switching versions after all other efforts were tried to remediate the issue

hint: zip the folder up, delete the files. You can always restore (this is what I do)

Last edited:

I have backups of the extension folder and the CM folder just in case but i'm happy on 0.171 which has fixed it so far. I'll file a report to the CSP discord anyway and post here if a fix is incoming.

Dijon Prenois 2016 v2.01

This 3D-track was made by SimBin for GT Legends.
Digga enhanced the track for rF2 in the 2016 configuration.
The conversion and enhancement to Assetto Corsa was done by Rainmaker.
And now enhanced by gunnar333 for CSP

Added: GrassFX, RainFX, Seasons, Lights, Semaphores, digital flags, groove line, missing tv camera crew, satellite image scenery, vao, ui stuff
Fixed: flags, material adjustments

https://sharemods.com/oyvdcldyzyy3/dijon-prenois2016.7z.html

View attachment 994970

View attachment 994971
dude, that track is really a test for fast cars... btw great work.

It's a pain in the backside for sure, I find if I go to photo mode in replay and adjust the light angle I can make it go away but it's not a fix. Definitely a CSP thing and like you I have tried all sorts of things...even tried disabling AA / turning on MSAA / installing different CSP presets and nothing really helps.

Ah well.....the joys of CSP and all it's glory :lol:

I'll try rolling back and see if it fixes it.

thanks for trying to help though 👍

Yep sorry I couldn't help but sometimes its nice to know you're not going mad and the only one with an issue.
I tried on discord and it was ignored largely....

It's ok though because at least we can play music in game now via spotify.... :rolleyes:

I have backups of the extension folder and the CM folder just in case but i'm happy on 0.171 which has fixed it so far. I'll file a report to the CSP discord anyway and post here if a fix is incoming.

Cool just saw on discord that rusty acknowledged it, good news!

What i don't get is that not everyone is saying it happens.

is that the story now?

I am on VK, and saw my mod behind a paylink. I asked him to remove it months ago.
Nothing I can do about further, however I am not a rage butthurt from it.

its ok, no need to fight each other, right?

Yes, right. If you want to take a look to our work you can try the Peugeot 908 HDI FAP from us that someone has released on assettoland as long as it is available there

https://mega.nz/file/QFlQwAJL#ZHhevKeiBTeLDi_Aq18lo3bRvFNKY0pjmwLJm7PN-Ps

Last edited:
Yes, right. If you want to take a look to our work you can try the Peugeot 908 HDI FAP from us that someone has released on assettoland as long as it is available there
The sound from the Audi R18 is really irritating in that one btw. You can hear the flywheel spooling but the car doesn't have a hybrid...

Yep sorry I couldn't help but sometimes its nice to know you're not going mad and the only one with an issue.
I tried on discord and it was ignored largely....

It's ok though because at least we can play music in game now via spotify.... :rolleyes:

Cool just saw on discord that rusty acknowledged it, good news!

What i don't get is that not everyone is saying it happens.

That's ok and thanks for trying. Like everything pc related what affects some doesn't affect everyone so could be as simple as a CSP box ticked or setting that other's don't have. Also Discord can be a funny old place at the best of times!!

Anyways, Rusty reckons it's a Shadow Bias thing so hopefully he will pester Ilja and it will get fixed, and hopefully not break something else.

I haven't tried the music thing as I like to listen to the engine if it's a good one, not sure I'd be able to do a lap of Brands Hatch while listening to Pink Floyd lol

Oh and as for going mad I lost the plot years ago :lol:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back