Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
Hi guys! Could someone point me in a "performance-oriented" CM settings preset?

It's really weird for me having fps drops on AC and hungrier games running a lot smoother. I may or may not have messed around more than I should :banghead:

I have spent today trying once again to import stuff from Gran Turismo 4 - as it's probably my most played game of all time, and the nostalgia googles are super powered... FINALLY i've got something to show for my research - I present to you, GT4 (gt PSP but shhhh) Tracks in blender

upload_2021-3-31_13-38-57.png
upload_2021-3-31_13-39-58.png
upload_2021-3-31_13-42-13.png
upload_2021-3-31_13-42-55.png
upload_2021-3-31_13-57-58.png

Amalfi Coast

upload_2021-3-31_14-18-57.png

upload_2021-3-31_14-16-3.png

Grand Canyon.

upload_2021-3-31_14-23-55.png

upload_2021-3-31_14-24-10.png

I feel like we need to make a AC:GT team to collaborate on porting all of these tracks to the game :D

Seems like this works with every track in the game, so the possibilities are any of these
https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Gran_Turismo_PSP_Circuits

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-31_14-9-41.png
    upload_2021-3-31_14-9-41.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 26
  • upload_2021-3-31_14-10-44.png
    upload_2021-3-31_14-10-44.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Not how it works here at GT Planet, as long as a member is following the AUP they are free to comment on whatever they like, and do so in either a positive or negative manner.

You will not attempt to shut down members comments or contributions again.

Dont I have the same right as them to comment in a positive or negative manner - come on - dont be a hypocrite.

Great job Tony. Converting cars, from any other SIM format takes time. It is easy for those who sit on the sidelines to comment on quality. YET, I have seen ZERO mod contributions from them. Fixing a shader here and there is copy and paste - hardly worth a mention. Getting a car to run, look good enough as a grid filler, from nothing - worth a mention.

For those who comment from the sidelines - If someone is asking for a donation for their time to convert mods - you don't know their circumstances - either contribute or shut up.
Car getting to work from nothing? lmao it's not scratchmade, it's just a rfactor convert with kunos physics. It would just take like 30 minutes to get them like they look now. As i said already it's just dumb to pay for it. I don't know if Tony is the Guy who sells them on Patreon or another one. Even for Grid fillers they just bad, like it's a LOD C body from a high poly car. Who wants cars like those on track? Even if you drive other cars

Car getting to work from nothing? lmao it's not scratchmade, it's just a rfactor convert with kunos physics. It would just take like 30 minutes to get them like they look now. As i said already it's just dumb to pay for it. I don't know if Tony is the Guy who sells them on Patreon or another one. Even for Grid fillers they just bad, like it's a LOD C body from a high poly car. Who wants cars like those on track? Even if you drive other cars
you are so wrong about 30 minutes. If you say this it only means you never done it

lmao i know what i'm talking about my first mod was a rfactor convert and this took me like 4 hours because i didn't know anything about modding in this moment but now i'm able to do it in 30min even in 15min if i really speedrun it
and again, it's you fantasy i guess. Setting materials, setting dummies, animation, digital instruments if they are...., then test run and fixing and test runs again. So to be clear, you are joking about 15 minutes, or i can imagine this result . Especially if it comes to Forza or GT conversions it will take hours to make model only. Anyway, you have own oppinion, own fantasy. so after you say making conversions is 15 minutes, i won't spend my time on your answers anymore

Last edited:
I have spent today trying once again to import stuff from Gran Turismo 4 - as it's probably my most played game of all time, and the nostalgia googles are super powered... FINALLY i've got something to show for my research - I present to you, GT4 (gt PSP but shhhh) Tracks in blender

View attachment 1001109 View attachment 1001110 View attachment 1001111 View attachment 1001112 View attachment 1001113

Amalfi Coast

View attachment 1001123

View attachment 1001122

Grand Canyon.

View attachment 1001124

View attachment 1001125
I feel like we need to make a AC:GT team to collaborate on porting all of these tracks to the game :D

Seems like this works with every track in the game, so the possibilities are any of these
As long as you could either improve them all in someway or remake them from scratch using them as a base (like with your Hong Kong street circuit I guess), I'm all for it to see HD remasters of GT4 tracks!

View attachment 1001109 View attachment 1001110 View attachment 1001111 View attachment 1001112 View attachment 1001113

Amalfi Coast

View attachment 1001123

View attachment 1001122

Grand Canyon.

View attachment 1001124

View attachment 1001125

Wow. I look forward to your improvements to them--assuming you plan to release them.

All of those would be great in AC, and I remember really enjoying El Capitan in GT.

and again, it's you fantasy i guess. Setting materials, setting dummies, animation, digital instruments if they are...., then test run and fixing and test runs again. So to be clear, you are joking about 15 minutes, or i can imagine this result . Especially if it comes to Forza or GT conversions it will take hours to make model only. Anyway, you have own oppinion, own fantasy. so after you say making conversions is 15 minutes, i won't spend my time on your answers anymore
I now that Forza and GT Converts take way more time. But i was talking about a rfactor convert. you don't need any dummies if you take them from kunos and if i remember correctly the cars don't got any animations. I'm sure if you do like dummies, animations for doors and lights it takes a bit more time but still it's ****ing easy to make it. But you said it already, i got my own opinion and you too. I just want to tell you that your mods are low quality and not even worth a penny. I don't even know how legal it is to gain money from something where you don't have the rights for like the brands of the cars or the sponsors on the liveries

Well done, you have way more patience than me it seems, and the skins have come out looking good. :bowdown:

Now knowing that you attempted skins with this wacko-template, I appreciate your comments... 👍 Don't wish to see that template-file for a long while... Still a few errors with the front-end stripes, unsure if worth fixing or just to leave it as is...

Last edited:
Dont I have the same right as them to comment in a positive or negative manner - come on - dont be a hypocrite.
It wasn't a discussion point, it was an instruction.

Do not tell other members what they can and can't post about, its not hypocritical, it's a instruction from a member of staff.

Continue to do so or attempt to argue the point and you will get a weeks ban from the thread.

A year in the making... Shutoko Revival Project is updated to v0.9.1. Find it on their discord channel.

Changelog:
Areas
  • Added Shinjuku route (Route 4) from C1 all the way to Shinjuku railway station.
  • New ground level junction in Yokohane to be used as a turnaround point.
Gameplay
  • Added Yoyogi PA spawn point and layout.
  • New and fixed minimap.
  • Added random bumps and imperfections to the roads to make driving more interesting. Bear in mind it is still pretty rough because of the 32bit physics engine and SRP's size. A fix is being worked on by CSP.
  • Removed some unnecessary barriers.
Visuals
  • All new building materials and textures as well as improvements to materials and textures throughout the track.
  • Added more landmarks from WWMT5 in Yokohama.
  • Added animated trains and ships - Special thanks to Raildriver for train info. • Fixed 100s of graphical issues. - Many thanks to our testers. Special thanks to Obammy.
  • Shibaura PA visual enhancements.
  • Fixed building UV maps in Yokohane and Bayshore.
  • Added more realistic fireworks spawns across the whole track.
  • Added lighting to some points of interest.
  • Many lighting and track config fixes.
  • Fixed missing specular highlights on cars from track lights.
Misc
  • Drag and Drop installation support. Just drag and drop the 7zip in your Content Manager.
Performance
  • Drastic performance improvement.
  • Updated physical mesh.
  • Updated collision mesh.
  • New LODs throughout the track.
Known bugs
  • Due to what we think is a CSP issue with reflections, adjustments were made to building materials. As a result, glass buildings have blurry reflections.
  • Building materials look faded and blurry from a distance at night.
I know it isn't a mistake from the creators but an inherent problem with the physics engine, but does the extreme shaking not bother anyone? I wish they had a version with smaller loops, I just can't find enjoyment in it.

The latest preview version of CSP has a new option that massively reduces this.

actually it is not the size or complexity that creates shaking cars, rather it is the distance the car is at relative to the models center of axis 0 at X,Y,Z.

example:
The "official" Wangan r99 exhibits this, where as my version was adjusted to put relative 0=XYZ in the actual center of the model and now has 0 shaking issues. (the shaking version has 0=XYZ a few kilometers away from the starting markers and a few more km from any actual track surface. AFAIK the SRP also has the center axis quite far away from any actual "track center" or start/pit object (and is far to developed to fix this issue now).

Last edited:
Oh Guys, it's easy! it all exports at the correct scale and everything.

Here's about 20% of El Capitan in Assetto Corsa. Added a normal map to the asphalt and that's it. Obviously some changes are needed like the trees etc... but it shows just how good Gran Turismo looked back in the day.

Here's a download link so you can try it yourselves in game.

Here's a video of it.

Here's some photos of it.

I guess the next step is to document the process so other can have a go at it?

If anybody is interested in picking a track and having a go at the conversion let me know, with a few people it'd only take a few weeks to get all of the GT originals in AC.

Exciting!!!

Screenshot_astonmartin_2021_elcaptest_31-2-121-15-29-1.jpg
Screenshot_astonmartin_2021_elcaptest_31-2-121-15-20-45.jpg
Screenshot_astonmartin_2021_elcaptest_31-2-121-15-21-36.jpg
Screenshot_astonmartin_2021_elcaptest_31-2-121-15-21-59.jpg
Screenshot_astonmartin_2021_elcaptest_31-2-121-15-22-27.jpg
Screenshot_astonmartin_2021_elcaptest_31-2-121-15-22-38.jpg
Screenshot_astonmartin_2021_elcaptest_31-2-121-15-24-58.jpg
Screenshot_astonmartin_2021_elcaptest_31-2-121-15-26-35.jpg
Screenshot_astonmartin_2021_elcaptest_31-2-121-15-26-53.jpg
Screenshot_astonmartin_2021_elcaptest_31-2-121-15-27-31.jpg

Here's about 20% of El Capitan in Assetto Corsa. Added a normal map to the asphalt and that's it. Obviously some changes are needed like the trees etc... but it shows just how good Gran Turismo looked back in the day.

Here's a video of it.

If anybody is interested in picking a track and having a go at the conversion let me know, with a few people it'd only take a few weeks to get all of the GT originals in AC.

Exciting!!!

View attachment 1001142 View attachment 1001144 View attachment 1001145 View attachment 1001146 View attachment 1001148 View attachment 1001149 View attachment 1001150 View attachment 1001151 View attachment 1001152 View attachment 1001153

Certainly throw a fbx/obj my way :) (Amalfi looks cool)

Last edited:

Here's a video of it.

Exciting!!!

View attachment 1001142 View attachment 1001144 View attachment 1001145 View attachment 1001146 View attachment 1001148 View attachment 1001149 View attachment 1001150 View attachment 1001151 View attachment 1001152 View attachment 1001153

Did you ever use Ninja Ripper and an emulator perhaps? If so, would love to see you rip other PS2 tracks such as Konami's Enthusia or Genki's Kaido/Shutokou ones, maybe even those from arcade games as well other than Initial D Arcade Stage and Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune series!

Great effort on all tracks!Thanks for all your work!!!
Im definitely liking the gran canaria route!

Today I have made a lot of progress on Thunderhill and the 'Lidarification' of the track mesh - here's how it looks now. As always, when it's done it'll be available for free.

View attachment 1001021 View attachment 1001022

Another thing I did today was map out around 9km of road in Gran Canaria, does this look interesting to people? as a rally stage / sprint course. If there's enough interest I will probably make this a thing.

View attachment 1001023 View attachment 1001024 View attachment 1001025 View attachment 1001026 View attachment 1001027 View attachment 1001028

Finally... hot on the heels of Jeddah, and Wild Horse, towards the end of this week I aim to have Curborough Ready for the public release, so watch this space :D

View attachment 1001029
View attachment 1001030

Here's a video of it.

You are a machine!!!!!!

Exciting!!!

Ripping content from GT4 PSP

Well it’s not technically ripping as it is more taking screengrabs and stitching them together, but hey ho. It’s the best (only) method I’ve found that actually works.

You will need JPCSP a java PSP emulator
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/JPCSP

A copy of GT PSP

Launch the emulator (I keep the controls window open too as it doesn’t detect my Xbox One Controller

upload_2021-3-31_16-21-29.png

Go to time trial, select car, track etc.

upload_2021-3-31_16-21-34.png

In the time trial you’ll need to take several scene exports and stitch them together

upload_2021-3-31_16-21-39.png

I found using the third person camera behind the car is the best way, as it seems to capture more of the environment around you
Then in blender or whatever just open the obj files they will be saved in the JPCSP directory under ‘export’

upload_2021-3-31_16-21-44.png

As you can see you won’t get the full track so you’ll need to take several scene exports then edit them into the track mesh.

upload_2021-3-31_16-21-50.png

upload_2021-3-31_16-21-57.png

upload_2021-3-31_16-22-1.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back