Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,843 comments
Well what can I say? Very well done. I think you've just put me in to retirement. Fortunately the skins I worked so hard on are compatible, so I can change the start / finish straight back to Heineken instead of Rolex and make the first bridge Pirelli instead of Liqui Moly.
I'm not sure if you are aware of the skins I've done but if you were I would have appreciated a heads up on the fact you were doing this baking in, I wouldn't have wasted all the hours I put in getting it as best as I could before the race in real life started. I'm pleased this has been released as it is very good but at the same time gutted.

Hi, you dont need to retire lol, your work is very good, and all yours efforts deserve the community :)
Dont be gutted too, i try to skin with other way, i use 3dsimed, it is very powerful to edit object, add, remove...etc...for example, tyres wall textures are mostly the same around a track, so i edit a part of it, add a different texture and replace this object with mine... in this way you can add a lot of different advert textures on tyres wall...
You have to know, im not very skilled, i can and i know only replace texture by an other, i try and error for each object with the mapping, i dont know how to change uv mapping or wathever... i search only to avoid mirrors or textures cuts... i just want to make clean skin...
and finally to make the "heineken logo" on the building, i have "paint" the wall in green ( editing the building, add green texture only on a wall, replace object ) and put on this an object with heineken logo ( with transparancy ) and hand made place correctly on the wall ( size, height etc... )
i believe i skin in DIY or handimade mode :)
Sorry for my english it hard to write in no-maternal language ;)

Nice work! I have noticed that there are a virtual hole in turn number 5 (over green rolex texture)
i will have a look at this... its a price to pay when you edit object on the ground, i will try to fix that ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that it seemed as if the regular layout of the Sebring 90's was the same as the Reboot version, although I thought that was modern, so should I just be deleting the Reboot version if I have the 90's one since it's the same?
Reboot Sebring v1.1 has to my knowledge only one layout, while the legion reworked version (I have v20191028 installed) has four layouts and a lot of extra's, right ?

@Blackcelica
do you mind creating some kind of retro skin for rt_daytona?
should be pretty basic ..you can take this as an influence :

Legion made a retro Daytona with and without the chicane, it looks to be from the 70s. just needs some TLC, like cameras, rainfx, lighting and others

also i never notice that they never bother to digitally remove the SAFER barriers in the movie

Last edited by a moderator:
Reboot Sebring v1.1 has to my knowledge only one layout, while the legion reworked version (I have v20191028 installed) has four layouts and a lot of extra's, right ?
It has 4 layouts, not sure about extras. I haven't spent much time with it, it just looked the same as the Reboot one.

i love these :)
Algarve/Portimao more optimized versions since your review. zwiss 2.0, and i saw a new one on here based on that too by Marc_13000. and i think there was one more on here from another source that i couldnt get hold of.

Bahrain by lavalamp641 on RD
Baku_2019 optimized by Norms
Bathurst by reboot team of course.
brno_circuit_reworked
Ledenon and ledenon 2008 i think was fixed by sliderman/nobody and friends
gilles-villeneuve was tweaked by Assetto-fr.tk www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1047
easterncreek was tweaked by Assetto-fr.tk
fuji speedway by reboot team of course
Gold Coast 600 by Terra updated by pepperoni ac24
grobnik mitjas TED-EDiTS by Teddie: Removed bad flickering terrain ● Replaced terrain with RTB generated terrain mesh ● Removed floating trees ● Added GrassFX config file ● Added VAO patch ● (Update Date: 09/02/2020)
vhe_hockenheim
Hockenheimring 1988 Dumeklemmer / Updated by Assetto-fr.tk
hungaroring_2020 https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/posts/13177530/
hungaroring Tiago Lima / Updated by Assetto-fr.tk http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1067
Indianapolis so many to list byt aa_ims by @damone13x comes to mind
vhe_interlagos https://mega.nz/file/pBwSCIQT#jclwpVMZdTyZIjQ71kSZYrIiIbr_maZnFGbkxgiYeZo
kyalami_2016 by prototype
Magny Cours 2019
zw_midohio (zwiss)
Mondello

let me know if you need help finding any of them, most should be from this thread

Thanks! I've definitely already got all of these in my upcoming update.

Hi guys. Can anyone that has g29 recommend any ffb settings or any mod they have to make it feel realistic, or at least to eliminate the rattle?
It does make so much noise! Or in the other hand it doesn't give me any feedback...

Bannochbrae Raceday (ry_normal) - Hotlap
WIP Action/Scenic replay cams

Screenshot_tmm_cupra_tcr_2020_rt_bannochbrae_4-4-121-7-59-19.jpg

If you've been driving this track on @FileMissing's online server, then you may enjoy and appreciate these replay cams... I've spent lots of editing time trying to vividly accentuate the driver's experience on those tight-turns, and road-edges - all whilst (attempting) to go ballistic - and in some form of control.

On the flipside, and as a bonus, the static-cams provide glimpses of the beautiful landscape, moving boats, ascending air-balloons, etc... For the racer-at-heart, you'll enjoy the action-cam positions, viewing your laps being driven to the max and on edge at all times... In the meantime, enjoy the video - to be released in a few days. Just finalising the timings and FOV for best results...

Note: save your best-time-replays for now, and then watch them post-cam installation.

Thank you to all the Reboot Team for a great track-release...

:gtpflag:

Really amazing!!
just found a little bug, if you go over the green surface where there is the big Rolex logo in turn 5 (torre vip) you fall down into the earth..please take a look and fix it!

Portimao F1 2021
Based on rework from ZWISS,
Full skinned track, no textures mirrored
To do ( help maybe appreciated ) : Animated boards ( Pit lane entry, straight start board ), 2021 DRS zones and markers...
Modify, ugrade are welcome ; ) Have Fun ;)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/b6cxu1ud3ro3ist/portimao.zip/file
View attachment 1008563 View attachment 1008564 View attachment 1008565
View attachment 1008567 View attachment 1008566 View attachment 1008568

IF THERE WAS SUCH A TEAM UP, THIS IS WHAT YOU COULD GET....

ALGARVE PORTIMAO ULTIMATE EDITION
(Firstly SCRAP all your other versions of Algarve)

Now Install this version of Portimao courtesy of @marc_13000

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jnmqlh0rm7b3bvn/portimao_Ultimate_Edition.rar/file

NOW ADD my NEW SKIN TO IT

https://www.mediafire.com/file/opny0ny0ncxqd8w/portimao_Ultimate_Track_Skin.rar/file

THESE 2 COMBINED GIVE YOU THE CLOSEST / BEST VERSION YET TO REAL LIFE FOOTAGE
Let the screens do the talking from now on.

View attachment 1008666 View attachment 1008667 View attachment 1008668 View attachment 1008669 View attachment 1008670 View attachment 1008671 View attachment 1008672 View attachment 1008673 View attachment 1008674 View attachment 1008675 View attachment 1008676 View attachment 1008677

Fantastic team work :cheers:... i upload a hot fix version to fix hole in rolex ground + visit portugal tyres wall + pzero on the ground last corner...sorry for the disturbance... use this if you want to re-update your skin :guilty::bowdown:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rb6qnz0ur52v2ip/portimao_v1.1.zip/file
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_portimao_4-4-121-0-11-5.png Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_portimao_4-4-121-0-55-21.png Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_portimao_4-4-121-0-55-59.png
p.s : Mazepin can spin quietly now on rolex ground :gtpflag:

Fantastic team work :cheers:... i upload a hot fix version to fix hole in rolex ground + visit portugal tyres wall + pzero on the ground last corner...sorry for the disturbance... use this if you want to re-update your skin :guilty::bowdown:
View attachment 1008679 View attachment 1008680 View attachment 1008681
Fantastic work. The only thing I miss is the crowd from the zwiss version. Can this be added or included as an option?

Fantastic work. The only thing I miss is the crowd from the zwiss version. Can this be added or included as an option?

IF THERE WAS SUCH A TEAM UP BETWEEN @marc_13000 & @Blackcelica THIS IS WHAT YOU COULD GET....

https://www.mediafire.com/file/xja12t4l8mjdnbk/Portimao_PROJECT_Track_%26_Skin.rar/file

THESE 2 COMBINED GIVE YOU THE CLOSEST / BEST VERSION YET TO REAL LIFE FOOTAGE
Let the screens do the talking from now on.

OK, This link ADDS the crowd back in,
Fixes the Rolex Hole,
ADDS both DRS Zones.
ADDS NEW Lighting.
ADDS RainFX.

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_portimao_3-5-121-23-22-40.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_portimao_3-5-121-23-22-59.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_portimao_3-5-121-23-23-27.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_portimao_3-5-121-23-23-49.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_portimao_3-5-121-23-24-33.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_portimao_3-5-121-23-24-58.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_portimao_3-5-121-23-25-20.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_portimao_3-5-121-23-25-37.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_portimao_3-5-121-23-26-2.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_portimao_3-5-121-23-26-20.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_portimao_3-5-121-23-26-41.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_portimao_3-5-121-23-27-3.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_portimao_4-5-121-0-23-59.jpg

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_portimao_4-5-121-11-1-35.jpg

Last edited:
this is the definition of TEAMWORK and Community!! Thank you guys!!

I would like to give some small suggestions (I am picky I know)

-@blackcelica could you please restore the texture of the curbs like those in your original version of the skin, more relevant to reality as with brighter colors and free from signs of degradation.
-@marc_13000 is there a way to put back the physic starting lights under the new sponsor?

Come on guys, it's bed time.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wx4ubcp5xa6ej69/Portimao+ULTIMATE+EDITION+Track+&+Skin.rar/file

OK, This link ADDS the crowd back in,
Fixes the Rolex Hole,
ADDS 1st Main DRS Zone.
ADDs NEW Lighting.

Anything else can wait till tomorrow.

View attachment 1008684 View attachment 1008685 View attachment 1008686 View attachment 1008687 View attachment 1008688 View attachment 1008689 View attachment 1008690 View attachment 1008691 View attachment 1008692 View attachment 1008693 View attachment 1008694 View attachment 1008695 View attachment 1008696

View attachment 1008679 View attachment 1008680 View attachment 1008681
Isn’t there stuff missing on top of the round building ? Or has that been removed this year ?

Bannochbrae Raceday (ry_normal) - Hotlap
WIP Action/Scenic replay cams

View attachment 1008649

If you've been driving this track on @FileMissing's online server, then you may enjoy and appreciate these replay cams... I've spent lots of editing time trying to vividly accentuate the driver's experience on those tight-turns, and road-edges - all whilst (attempting) to go ballistic - and in some form of control.

On the flipside, and as a bonus, the static-cams provide glimpses of the beautiful landscape, moving boats, ascending air-balloons, etc... For the racer-at-heart, you'll enjoy the action-cam positions, viewing your laps being driven to the max and on edge at all times... In the meantime, enjoy the video - to be released in a few days. Just finalising the timings and FOV for best results...

Note: save your best-time-replays for now, and then watch them post-cam installation.

Thank you to all the Reboot Team for a great track-release...

:gtpflag:

Really nice work on the cameras!
Really good indeed! Thanks!

this is the definition of TEAMWORK and Community!! Thank you guys!!

I would like to give some small suggestions (I am picky I know)

-@blackcelica could you please restore the texture of the curbs like those in your original version of the skin, more relevant to reality as with brighter colors and free from signs of degradation.
-@marc_13000 is there a way to put back the physic starting lights under the new sponsor?
Curbs Repainted
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wx4ubcp5xa6ej69/Portimao+ULTIMATE+EDITION+Track+&+Skin.rar/file

Now it really is bed time. Don't know where you lot are in the world but it's 1am here.
Any more issues, I'll pick them up later today.

Curbs Repainted

Now it really is bed time. Don't know where you lot are in the world but it's 1am here.
Any more issues, I'll pick them up later today.

Next time get your Zzzzz first, and take care of the rest on the rebound...
Thank you indeed, sleep well knowing your combined effort and time (@marc_13000) are greatly appreciated by the community - night night... 👍

Ah well, I couldn't check since I have only the legion version installed.
There's another Sebring available at RD (from Dr Maboul/Madbrain): https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sebring-v0-8.13374/ but tbh it's pretty bad.
I have 90's version, latest dates on some files is 11/1/2019. It has the 4 layouts, the Reboot just has 1. I'll take a closer look to see if the Reboot is redundant compared to the Legion one.

This new Portimao mentions having 2021 DRS zones, but the non-Ultimate edition has none at all and the Ultimate has 2020 DRS zone.

Somebody from RD (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/algarve-international-circuit-drs-zones-2021.42210/) posted 2021 for the Tiago Lima version which the first one starts a little later, not sure if track is slightly different in a way that matters, but here is the code from it. Perhaps it starts later because it does in real life this year.

Code:
[ZONE_0]
DETECTION=0.804
START=0.921
END=0.066

[ZONE_1]
DETECTION=0.163
START=0.208
END=0.291

Current 2020 DRS zone in Ultimate edition.

Code:
[ZONE_0]
DETECTION=0.775
START=0.883
END=0.066

Last edited:
Really nice work on the cameras!
Really good indeed! Thanks!

Thanks man... As as a fellow camera-man you would have an appreciation for the work involved - as it has happened to me in past, you strive to create the best possible replay cams - in most cases with limited space/distance or even a clear line-of-sight - for better angles and viewing pleasure etc - all of these variables add up and consume a lot of time, as editing is done best by reviewing and re-reviewing the replay many times over... 👍

This new Portimao mentions having 2021 DRS zones, but the non-Ultimate edition has none at all and the Ultimate has 2020 DRS zone.

Somebody from RD (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/algarve-international-circuit-drs-zones-2021.42210/) posted 2021 for the Tiago Lima version which the first one starts a little later, not sure if track is slightly different in a way that matters, but here is the code from it. Perhaps it starts later because it does in real life this year.

Code:
[ZONE_0]
DETECTION=0.804
START=0.921
END=0.066

[ZONE_1]
DETECTION=0.163
START=0.208
END=0.291

Current 2020 DRS zone in Ultimate edition.

Code:
[ZONE_0]
DETECTION=0.775
START=0.883
END=0.066
Try it, different version of track but might work. DRS is on mornings job list.

Ah well, I couldn't check since I have only the legion version installed.
There's another Sebring available at RD (from Dr Maboul/Madbrain): https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sebring-v0-8.13374/ but tbh it's pretty bad.

I keep hoping LilSki will tackle Sebring. Two reasons be probably won't. 1. He hates it because he loves elevation changes and Sebring has none. 2. AC doesn't support any real degree of mechanical damage, i.e., broken suspensions. Sebring is as tough as it is (and it is a stone-cold car-killer) because of its incredibly punishing surface (which LilSki is a master of), but there's hardly any point in modeling it if the all the vertical hammering doesn't affect the race outcome. Ah well....

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back