Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,749 comments
where did you get the idea that they care about money, none of them care about just money. If they wanted to profit off AC they would have instead sorted to do custom mods which some of them have done before like crash, but even then he doesn't just take any project. He has said before that he would take a project if its something of his particular interest. Most quality modders would also say the same thing.

RSS does not only sell mods cheap, they also offer 3D making services which is their real profit.
IER does not profit from their P13C(because it doesnt sell that good), they profit from doing accurate and REALISTIC physics in a simulator for private projects, hence the reason Cphysics exists.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about all modders. I could name a few off the top of my head whose works are clearly worth the money (Sergio Loro, VRC etc) But some modders sell converted tracks and cars (or ask for 'donations' for converted tracks or cars) that aren't up to scratch and clearly not much time has been spent on them. You have to ask what the motivation behind those mods was, if not money.

However, it still doesn't change the fact that some people may not buy a mod if they know that it is encrypted, and so the modder is inevitably losing that money.
But I agree, this affects some modders - the ones who take pride in their work and just want to see their track or car in the game - less than others.

Last edited:
Do you not think that footage has been looked at over and over to get it as close as possible? I take pride in paying attention to details, I've been modding assetto since it came out. You need to understand there are limits to what you can and cannot do with repeat textures. You do not have the skin loaded, example sponsors are within the model, the skin changes the order to as close as possible. Liqui moly or pirelli on that corner uses the same texture as the bridge. The bridge is pirelli in real life so that corner has to be pirelli. You will then see alternate liquid moly underneath to compensate. If I post something that states its as close as absolutely possible, it means that it is absolutely as close as possible. All variants are tried out, looked at and debated as to what the best outcome is for everyone's enjoyment of realism. The pirelli bridge has more impact of being correct than a liqui moly one which would stand out as being obviously wrong. Extra 3D model parts have been added in like the rolex bridge, antenna on the building, electronic billboard, trackside boards, drs boards, even equipment inside the garages that most people don't notice. Sorry for the rant but anybody who may think I don't care about quality work is enough to stop me sleeping at night. I have seen many rubbish track skins on racedepartment and people here downloading them, reviewing them and I wonder if they can really tell the difference between quality or not. I know you mean well with your video clip which won't play I suspect as F1 links are usually removed as the FIA don't allow but I want to assure you that my work in my opinion has been the best it can be and if its not 100% I won't rest until it is. What does bother me is that someone might think I'm someone who might just chuck some bits together without doing my homework first. At the end of the day it's a game, it has mods, some of those mods are not great. I can only do my best with the limitations I face, I try and source the best track mod versions first then skin those versions so I know it won't/ can't possibly get any better.

Some begs are so ridiculous that don't even deserve a reply. Well done and thanks for your work.

Imagine if all members remember to ask some personal details... Just because.
Human beings (some) definitely need some review priorities.

Even tho, let me ask for a little update. The new white line after exiting pit boxs, are in fact 1 mm wider as yours.
Can you please update this important fact. I usually pass there at +300 km/h and I don't like to see that difference.
:lol:

Thank you. Easily my favourite version of this car for AC so far. Easier to drive than the other versions, but it will still put you in a wall if you get complacent.
The only thing it really needs is more skins to fill a grid.

Some cool era skins. https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/auto-union-type-c-skin-pack.40205/

Last edited:
Here is the Prato @slider666 and I were working on a while back. It has been so long since we did any work on it, we can't be specific as to what was done! Although it is fully functional and has the 2 layouts. Anyway with all the talk of another conversion of it (@RMi_wood etc), maybe combine the best of this and that if possible? I don't know just an idea, also PatrikPat was fine with it being worked on as he originally had converted this one.

Screenshot_shelby_series1_prato_reworked_26-11-120-20-36-17.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/file/exvby54ukuwy3nv/prato_cirquit.7z/file

Last edited:

Lime Rock Park Version 1.0 by the Reboot Team

Big thanks RebootTeam. Three great releases over three weeks! Brilliant. :cheers:

don't know why but the acc audi evo is causing the problem

It's a current known CSP bug (depending on what version you're running). Only affects a small number of cars and it will probably get sorted in some future update I imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
F1 2021 TIME AGAIN
THE SPANISH ARAMCO GP CIRCUIT de CATALUNYA (BARCELONA)

THIS IS ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE OLD KUNOS TRACKS WHICH ARE VERY LIMITED TO WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH IT.
IT IS NOT REAL LIFE ACCURATE, BUT IT DOES RESEMBLE THE MODERN TRACK FOR COLOURS AND FEEL.
I'VE HAD TO GET VERY CREATIVE WITH THIS ONE AND I PROMISE YOU ALL ONE THING....
GOOD OR BAD, YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN IT LOOK LIKE THIS BEFORE.

PLEASE DON"T HATE IT TOO MUCH, THE WORK THAT'S GONE IN TO IT HAS BEEN MASSIVE

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_ks_barcelona_8-5-121-12-1-22.jpg

5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_ks_barcelona_8-5-121-12-0-31.jpg

THE LINK
TEMP REMOVED DUE TO THEFT OF RESOURCES.

Last edited:
For the modders that encrypt their content, I do understand their reason. It is a valid request that people should contact them about an error/recommendation/fix rather than making an edit and re-releasing the content.

However, I find it interesting that unencrypted content from LilSki/Fat Alfie/a3dr/etc don't get updated and re-released by others.

LOL it was just yesterday that you posted it. Here is an edited A3dR Mod that is now an encrypted garbage by some unknown modder that has no idea what he is doing.

https://mega.nz/file/sNdHwSab#MrfuFx_ZwILJr83u5Adt1OtlWoPFVV7KOGS4naUSDEQ

Last edited:
F1 2021 TIME AGAIN
THE SPANISH ARAMCO GP CIRCUIT de CATALUNYA (BARCELONA)

THIS IS ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE OLD KUNOS TRACKS WHICH ARE VERY LIMITED TO WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH IT.
IT IS NOT REAL LIFE ACCURATE, BUT IT DOES RESEMBLE THE MODERN TRACK FOR COLOURS AND FEEL.
I'VE HAD TO GET VERY CREATIVE WITH THIS ONE AND I PROMISE YOU ALL ONE THING....
GOOD OR BAD, YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN IT LOOK LIKE THIS BEFORE.

PLEASE DON"T HATE IT TOO MUCH, THE WORK THAT'S GONE IN TO IT HAS BEEN MASSIVE

View attachment 1009604 View attachment 1009605 View attachment 1009606 View attachment 1009607 View attachment 1009608 View attachment 1009609 View attachment 1009610 View attachment 1009611 View attachment 1009612 View attachment 1009613 View attachment 1009614 View attachment 1009615 View attachment 1009616 View attachment 1009617 View attachment 1009618

THE LINK
https://www.mediafire.com/file/m4zqxp413eq9pnm/ks_barcelona.rar/file

DOWNLOAD IT IF YOU DARE.
Amazing work, I really appreciate all the effort you put in to these, it makes each race weekend much more exciting!

Lime Rock Park Version 1.0 by the Reboot Team

On behalf of the Reboot Team, this is a much revised version of Lime Rock Park:
  • New GrassFX config
  • New RainFX config
  • New water config
  • New night lighting including mobile generators
  • New dynamic balloons, helicopters and airliners
  • Fixed trees (shading correct)
  • New AI and borders
  • New road mesh and groove
  • Updated UI, geotags, description, loading screens, logos
  • New crowds, track furniture and vehicles
  • Performance tweaks (more FPS & lower draw calls)
  • Added missing track lines at kerbs
  • Fixed holes in distant terrain
  • Various shader and texture tweaks

Enjoy and please share away - just please use the provided link so any updates and fixes can be kept in one central source.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8pnw5ceo5cx7y09/rt_lime_rock_park.7z/file

Speaking as somebody who has done literally hundreds of laps of Lime Rock (starting in the Sixties), and as a setup monger who has 'sold' over 60,000 setups, believe me when I say the most important thing to remember about LRP is that it is a bullring, like a clockwise oval with one left turn (and five righthanders), so it really pays to have an asymmetrical setup. Set it up like the mirror of an Indy setup: higher and softer on the offside, strong negative toe on the righthand side, criss-cross shock values, etc. I'll attach a LRP setup for tmm's Cupra TCR 2020 (a car ideally suited to Lime Rock). Even if you don't use it, you can see from the values which way to go...or at least to experiment with.

Attachments

• Cupra2020-LimeRock.ini.txt
    1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
@Fanapryde and anyone else who has driven Karts in real life, and everyone else besides. Please give my Karts another spin as I may have had a breakthrough with convincing AC physics to behave similar to a Kart's.

Forgot to add, please use a 'proper' track to test on. These Karts, as in real life, have no suspension except for chassis flex and tyres, so running them on tracks without a physics mesh for the road is a real thumb breaker. Tor Poznań, Hundisoo, or Cockburn are nice tracks to test on.

Last edited:
There was a discussion about "NetkarPro Prato", and well... I've converted it.
So, I am calling on @Fall Guy and @TaistoTurri (and others) to put their touches on it, lets see if it can rival the current offering :)
View attachment 1009049

features:
- 2 pit/grid
- 2 layouts w/AI
- basic grass + VAO
- Kunos surfaces
- semiphores!

needed / wanted:
- texture / shader / grass / tree work
- billboards
- full 16 or 32 pit/grid.
- cameras

Perhaps that Kunos permits this on RD, I will upload Crema there as well, once Prato is ready.
(seems they are ok w/cross-conversions and I never got any response from Kunos re Crema)

:: download v0.90 ::

Loved the calling Needed/Wanted :dopey: And as I love short tracks. Here it is a new camtool.
I hope it can be useful:

LOL it was just yesterday that you posted it. Here is an edited A3dR Mod that is now an encrypted garbage by some unknown modder that has no idea what he is doing.

https://mega.nz/file/sNdHwSab#MrfuFx_ZwILJr83u5Adt1OtlWoPFVV7KOGS4naUSDEQ
Yeah, I saw that on assettoland. Googled the modder and found facebook page. No surprise... another member of the pimp-my-ride fast-and-furious crew that is typically found on facebook.

Although this car does not fall in the context of my post. This ARTKaTo person is not attempting to correct something wrong from A3DR/aphigod. Just another fast-and-furious "tune."

So on the E46 M3 mod, anyone feels maybe the S1 version is either under powered and/or really draggy? Running on SM tires between it and the stock version, laptime I'd say the stock one is faster most of the time for me, even if its a lot trickier to drive....when you stick AD08R on it is a lot faster but it also seems to have so much grip the car barely feel like its pushing the tires...

For ***** and giggle I tried the 1000m drag strip and by 1000m the S1 car is doing 10km/h slower.

Last edited:
Took the Merc GT3 and the Lola T70 around Lime Rock. Have to say I really enjoyed it; that south chicane as much a b**** as it is on iRacing, especially with 60’s brakes! :embarrassed:

Great job by the guys over at Reboot Team, knocked it out of the park yet again. Looking forward to what’s next!

So on the E46 M3 mod, anyone feels maybe the S1 version is either under powered and/or really draggy? Running on SM tires between it and the stock version, laptime I'd say the stock one is faster most of the time for me, even if its a lot trickier to drive....when you stick AD08R on it is a lot faster but it also seems to have so much grip the car barely feel like its pushing the tires...

For ***** and giggle I tried the 1000m drag strip and by 1000m the S1 car is doing 10km/h slower.

You're right. The stock car is overpowered. It runs 12s in the 1/4 mile, which isn't realistic. According to it's data and CM, it's got about 460 bhp, while the S1 about 430 bhp.

Loved the calling Needed/Wanted :dopey: And as I love short tracks. Here it is a new camtool.
I hope it can be useful:

this is great :)
re: Prato
what I need are new camera files. Only cams avail are from the other convert in 2014.

Thank you @norms and @TaistoTurri , I will pull anything relevant not from the original convert, check the kn5's for shaders, transfer the pits/grids etc.

Also, if anyone has updates for Crema, I will be happy to include those on next release (I will post both on RD at the same time)

Yeah, I saw that on assettoland. Googled the modder and found facebook page. No surprise... another member of the pimp-my-ride fast-and-furious crew that is typically found on facebook.

Although this car does not fall in the context of my post. This ARTKaTo person is not attempting to correct something wrong from A3DR/aphigod. Just another fast-and-furious "tune."
So have you had time to try it? I'd like to know if the original physics have been preserved...

I believe this kind of encrypted mod is obviously more worthy:

Last edited:

I've got nothing against him taking the car and adding a widebody kit, hell I wish more modders would do this. I'm 100% against him encrypting it and removing the proper credits from the filename.

Thanks so much for these, they a great compliment for a great track! Very nice.:cheers:

Glad to hear you're enjoying the replay cam entertainment - they take time to do, get just about right, but when it's all done & dusted - the playback is super... 👍 for a super track... 👍

Do you not think that footage has been looked at over and over to get it as close as possible? I take pride in paying attention to details, I've been modding assetto since it came out. You need to understand there are limits to what you can and cannot do with repeat textures. You do not have the skin loaded, example sponsors are within the model, the skin changes the order to as close as possible. Liqui moly or pirelli on that corner uses the same texture as the bridge. The bridge is pirelli in real life so that corner has to be pirelli. You will then see alternate liquid moly underneath to compensate. If I post something that states its as close as absolutely possible, it means that it is absolutely as close as possible. All variants are tried out, looked at and debated as to what the best outcome is for everyone's enjoyment of realism. The pirelli bridge has more impact of being correct than a liqui moly one which would stand out as being obviously wrong. Extra 3D model parts have been added in like the rolex bridge, antenna on the building, electronic billboard, trackside boards, drs boards, even equipment inside the garages that most people don't notice. Sorry for the rant but anybody who may think I don't care about quality work is enough to stop me sleeping at night. I have seen many rubbish track skins on racedepartment and people here downloading them, reviewing them and I wonder if they can really tell the difference between quality or not. I know you mean well with your video clip which won't play I suspect as F1 links are usually removed as the FIA don't allow but I want to assure you that my work in my opinion has been the best it can be and if its not 100% I won't rest until it is. What does bother me is that someone might think I'm someone who might just chuck some bits together without doing my homework first. At the end of the day it's a game, it has mods, some of those mods are not great. I can only do my best with the limitations I face, I try and source the best track mod versions first then skin those versions so I know it won't/ can't possibly get any better.
I don't think anybody doubts your meticulous approach mate, and your track skins are always excellent. It's a sad fact that as soon as a mod gets released there will almost always be a few "nice mod, but can you do X?" comments which can always look a little dismissive of the actual mod that's just been released.
Regarding mod track adboards and how these rarely match real-life groupings and positions, have you thought about remapping the artwork to match it closer to that at the real event? If like you say you're adding 3D model parts like bridges, antennae, adboards, electronic screens etc then remapping the existing adverts should be relatively simple? Or (even better) also adding, removing or repositioning adboards to match the layout of the event that you're replicating?
With the way sponsorship changes between different race meetings it might be something that's pretty much mandatory in the strive for 100% accuracy.
Anyway, whatever you decide, please keep up the good work - it is very much appreciated.

Is there a way to lower the curb intensity on a specific track? I find the curbs at Valencia (Ricardo Toni) very aggressive compared to others.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back