Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,804 comments
RSS FH 2020 and 21 - F1 2021 Full Season ‘Custom Championship’
Monaco Track update to 2021 and extras

I have updated the Monaco circuit (renamed for custom Championship) to reflect the excellent changes by @Blackcelica @KevinK2 and @TheRealCeeBee
06_monaco_gp21.jpg

Blackcelica: F1 2021 Circuit Skin
KevinK2: Lights, Rain FX and many extras tweaked
Therealceebee Live feed Jumbotron at Swimming Pool chicane

Details can be found in the readme txt of the track plus renamed track can be found in my GDrive https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OowvVEJmavIHA-8EVc3NfcHrUy0NFqU_?usp=sharing

Hairpin adjustment for cars help can be found here https://www.racedepartment.com/down...e-hairpin-and-chicanes-100-ai-strength.41151/ or using @KevinK2 method: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2494#post-13414783

Last edited:
Help!

I'm re-installing AC and Content Manager (paid) on a new Win10 machine, and drag and drop isn't working... I can't get any cars/tracks installed... I've got UAC turned off, is there anything else I'm missing ?

The Monaco Skin, happened to notice this while I was setting up the video screen thing, the TAGHEUER sign is a bit wierd.

View attachment 1012256
Yes, it's the only one. It's a repeat of another tag texture from the start straight which displays correctly. That corner has been altered before at kn5 level and since then that texture is messed up. It's on my snagging list of fixes.
EDIT: Now Fixed

Last edited:
Hi all,
I have a force feedback problem which I am struggling to solve. I usually drive vintage sports and GT cars in AC, and the FFB feels great, substantial, informative and smooth. I have a G25 wheel and I use the FFB app and the recommended LUT by Rasmus P. Occasionally, for example during the F1 season before races, I like to jump in a Formula 1 car, or I might try to beat Damon's 57 second lap record at Thruxton in his FW15C. But as soon as any post 1990 F1 car (I've tried RSS 2021, 1990 V12 and ASR cars) gets above a few miles per hour I lose all FFB: the wheel just spins freely. It's like having a 1990s elastic band wheel without the elastic band and seems deeply unrealistic. I have never driven a Formula 1 car or indeed any open wheeler, but I understand the steering can be quite heavy - it certainly was in F1 cars from the 60s and 70s. I have tried whacking up the FFmult to 10.0 or more and it doesn't make any difference. Can anyone suggest a solution? And while you are at it, explain to me what Steer_Assist in the car.ini does?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Help!

I'm re-installing AC and Content Manager (paid) on a new Win10 machine, and drag and drop isn't working... I can't get any cars/tracks installed... I've got UAC turned off, is there anything else I'm missing ?
When restore the game w mods, you have to do this, install game then launch vainilla game then install CM and CSP, and now yes drag and drop moded content.

I have a question for car modders in general.

Why are car mods moving away from blurred rims? Personally I like them, but I suppose there must be a good reason for this.

When restore the game w mods, you have to do this, install game then launch vainilla game then install CM and CSP, and now yes drag and drop moded content.
Thanks for the reply - that's exactly what I did, Vanilla AC first, followed by CM then and CSP. Odd it's not working for me then...!

Help!

Do you have exactly the same folder structure (same drive for Assetto root, Documents folder, etc) as on the old system?

I think I once read that this is important.

Last edited:
Just tried macko68 version.
I must say that in terms of precision of billboards and details, i prefer @Blackcelica one, with the @KevinK2 and @TheRealCeeBee add-on is almost perfect.
Yes, I know that this means we lose the swimming pool chicane section modification, but overall result is so good that you can easily forget about this lack.

Maybe, if @Ofitus21 want to work on the last @Blackcelica version (in which I strongly recommended the add of @KevinK2 and @TheRealCeeBee) to add his modifications (without messing up billboards and other elements) is best, otherwise we are already fine.

Thanks @macko68. Maybe i tag @Blackcelica to kindly ask if he could check and maybe work on this version for his new upcoming updates so maybe we will finally have an “all in one version” with all it is needed. Great community job as always thank you guys! @KevinK2 @TheRealCeeBee @macko68

P.s i tag also @Ofitus21 that also could be involved in this community job for Monaco, as he did excellent job with pool section in past, maybe now with a dialog with @Blackcelica to avoid billboards problems we could reach the target!

Last edited:
Hi all,
I have a force feedback problem which I am struggling to solve. I usually drive vintage sports and GT cars in AC, and the FFB feels great, substantial, informative and smooth. I have a G25 wheel and I use the FFB app and the recommended LUT by Rasmus P. Occasionally, for example during the F1 season before races, I like to jump in a Formula 1 car, or I might try to beat Damon's 57 second lap record at Thruxton in his FW15C. But as soon as any post 1990 F1 car (I've tried RSS 2021, 1990 V12 and ASR cars) gets above a few miles per hour I lose all FFB: the wheel just spins freely. It's like having a 1990s elastic band wheel without the elastic band and seems deeply unrealistic. I have never driven a Formula 1 car or indeed any open wheeler, but I understand the steering can be quite heavy - it certainly was in F1 cars from the 60s and 70s. I have tried whacking up the FFmult to 10.0 or more and it doesn't make any difference. Can anyone suggest a solution? And while you are at it, explain to me what Steer_Assist in the car.ini does?
Thanks in advance!
I would recommend installing the FFB clip app from Atle Dreier found on RD:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ffbclip-app.7910/

If/when you lose FFB (it sometimes happen with certain car/track combo’s, you can instantly correct it by clicking the Dynamic on/off button twice.
It's also very useful to change the FFB strength on the fly (values are saved per car).

Last edited:
Do you have exactly the same folder structure (same drive for Assetto root, Documents folder, etc) as on the old system?

I think I once read that this is important.

No, different file structure, as it's an entirely new machine with different drives installed. But it's all a new install, I didn't copy anything over, everything re-installed fresh. Thanks for the help!

I would recommend installing the FFB clip app from Alte Dreier (? Iirc) found on RD.
If/when you lose FFB (it sometimes happen with certain car/track combo’s, you can instantly correct it. I can’t remember the name of the button to hit (not on my rig atm).
Thanks. I am using that app. I will have a look for the button. Actually I can restore a more realistic feeling in the F1 cars by putting the gain in AC back up to 100% (as recommended by RasmusP I usually have it set at 50% in the AC settings in CM and 100% in the FFBclip App, which feels about right for most cars). An FFmult setting of around 6 seems good for the F1 cars. But if anyone has more advice I would love them to give it.

I've made a quick FPS rate test.

Is amazing the new Sol 2.1.
With the 2.0.1 I had a drop of more than 50% FPS just putting clouds on the sky.

New sol minimizes it a lot.
Good stuff

You are right but personally, i don't like the new weather plan system so switched that back to 2.0. Config app is also a bit problematic. Anyways the FPS drops at night are gone, it doesn't ruin your performance anymore when it is raining, it looks nicer, etc... Thanks to Peter!

Thanks. I am using that app. I will have a look for the button. Actually I can restore a more realistic feeling in the F1 cars by putting the gain in AC back up to 100% (as recommended by RasmusP I usually have it set at 50% in the AC settings in CM and 100% in the FFBclip App, which feels about right for most cars). An FFmult setting of around 6 seems good for the F1 cars. But if anyone has more advice I would love them to give it.
OK, I just added something to my post. It's the Dynamic on/off button. Hit it twice and you're good again.
Can't advise about the strength since I have the DD version installed, which obviously differs.

Last edited:
Just tried macko68 version.
I must say that in terms of precision of billboards and details, i prefer @Blackcelica one, with the @KevinK2 and @TheRealCeeBee add-on is almost perfect.
Yes, I know that this means we lose the swimming pool chicane section modification, but overall result is so good that you can easily forget about this lack.

Maybe, if @Ofitus21 want to work on the last @Blackcelica version (in which I strongly recommended the add of @KevinK2 and @TheRealCeeBee) to add his modifications (without messing up billboards and other elements) is best, otherwise we are already fine.
I agree. I will update my initial link to it to include these changes so far and update that yacht.com logo part. If I had not even done the skin there would be loads of you with multipul versions of it still. I try my best to get it out before the race which I think is a nice touch for the community, however moving forward I think the best coarse of action is to get an agreement as to what is the most common best used version of a track and then I skin that version to the closest race spec that I can get it. I was unaware of all the slightly different Monaco versions and it seems to have caused more trouble than it's worth, especially when some PM messages are more nasty than critical. Well Paul Ricard circuit is coming up soon and there are loads of versions of that, some with extra grandstands, some with a flag pole here, some with a video screen on jacuzzi corner etc etc. If I skin one, someone will moan and want the other one, or that one. So I think it's best to agree on a version first, do some edits like rainFx etc etc and then chuck it to me and I'll skin it with all the love and pride I put in to stuff. Downside is it might not be ready for the actual race weekend that way.

I agree. I will update my initial link to it to include these changes so far and update that yacht.com logo part. If I had not even done the skin there would be loads of you with multipul versions of it still. I try my best to get it out before the race which I think is a nice touch for the community, however moving forward I think the best coarse of action is to get an agreement as to what is the most common best used version of a track and then I skin that version to the closest race spec that I can get it. I was unaware of all the slightly different Monaco versions and it seems to have caused more trouble than it's worth, especially when some PM messages are more nasty than critical. Well Paul Ricard circuit is coming up soon and there are loads of versions of that, some with extra grandstands, some with a flag pole here, some with a video screen on jacuzzi corner etc etc. If I skin one, someone will moan and want the other one, or that one. So I think it's best to agree on a version first, do some edits like rainFx etc etc and then chuck it to me and I'll skin it with all the love and pride I put in to stuff. Downside is it might not be ready for the actual race weekend that way.

This would not only be more helpful no doubt for you, but dang it will help clean up all our inventories for sure! I enjoyed that one project someone did where they rated all the versions of a track they had and said this one is the best etc. I had 4 Monacos (i didnt even know until i looked lol) the only ones I need are the finalized whatever you choose to do (cause your work mixed with others help is top notch), and the '72 one. Why do I need 2014, 2017, 2019, 2020?

From my side, big thanks to you @Blackcelica, sorry for any stupid hate you get in PM's its so unnecessary and unwarranted.

GP de MONACO F1 2021
Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo

TRACK AND SKIN COMBO FOR 2021

SPONSORS ALMOST PERFECT (Model differs to real life obviously)

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE SKIN ACTIVATED IN CM

IMPORTANT: Please DELETE any past versions of the 2019 track and use this 2021 renamed one.

ALL OTHER COMMUNITY BITS AND PIECES THAT HAVE BEEN ADDED SINCE INITIAL POST ARE NOW INCLUDED ALONG WITH BILLBOARD ERRORS (Link Updated). MANY THANKS TO ALL CONTRIBUTORS.

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_monaco_gp21_21-5-121-16-19-2.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_monaco_gp21_21-5-121-16-20-47.jpg

Last edited:
GP de MONACO F1 2021
Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo

TRACK AND SKIN COMBO FOR 2021
SPONSORS ALMOST PERFECT (Model differs to real life obviously)
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE SKIN ACTIVATED IN CM

https://www.mediafire.com/file/b5rqf5tuwkn937j/monaco_gp21.rar/file

IMPORTANT: Please DELETE any past versions of the 2019 track and use this 2021 renamed one.

ALL OTHER COMMUNITY BITS AND PIECES THAT HAVE BEEN ADDED SINCE INITIAL POST ARE NOW INCLUDED ALONG WITH BILLBOARD ERRORS (Link Updated). MANY THANKS TO ALL CONTRIBUTORS.

View attachment 1012323 View attachment 1012324

Screenshot (404).png

anyone know why this happens?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back