Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
Now that Raceroom Tracks are converted, would it be too much to ask for Ningbo, Zhejiang, Zhuhai, and Twin Ring Motegi in the future? :D

If Macau is from RRE then it would be awesome to have those above tracks especially first two mentioned.
Reboot Team did it again. Incredible work.

Well, i believe all of those tracks exist in AC but probably not RaceRoom converts. Motegi is a paid mod, Ningbo is under the name Yongcheng, Zhuhai was done but no links are reachable (disregarding the crap version) and there was a Zheijang mod. I don't know where you can find Zheijang but try RD and the search funciton here. I agree with you though. Alternatives, or even better versions of these tracks, are always welcome! :D

Zhejiang International by GT Supreme / updated by ACTK : https://sharemods.com/g4sechx17y73/zhejiang_racing.7z.html

Zhuhai International Circuit by SGAN Studios :

Last edited:
Hi. I asked over at the discord page that very same thing, here's the reply i got back from the a very helpful chap.

https://discord.com/channels/453595061788344330/455099330026536980/846285951017811978

Already pretty good I'd say. 👍
But though I can drive the layouts, for four of them I can't produce an outline.
I get this message:

Can’t update outline:
D3D11_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND: File not found (-2005139454)

At first I thought it was because maps were missing or incorrect. So I made new ones, but still not possible to generate outlines.
Never seen this before.
Any idea ?

Edit: I obviously can take the new made maps and change the name into outline.png, but that is not how it is supposed to work.

been working on it, but one question... why does it seem that the skids have a shadow? Did not put any of the skid materials into both puddles and soaking

Screenshot (84).png

edit: dumb me, active was set on 0 on the config files

Last edited:
If it's a question of skill, I can't help with that, lol. However, just like Monaco, many cars will be up against their steering lock to make the corner, including the above mentioned RSS 3 V6. In that case I suggest cloning the car, and making a special setup for the track. This will help the ai cars as well. You'll have to be in dev mode, and be able to unpack the data.acd and play around with either the steering lock or steering ratio settings in the car.ini file. Make sure the "use unpacked data" box is ticked in the Drive screen.

This of course will make it unusable if you happen to use it for online racing, thus I suggest cloning the car. Alternatively, I guess you could back up the original data.acd by renaming or hiding it in a separate folder.

SHR Modding did a good vid on youtube on how to clone a car (in this case for installing different sounds):

I am afraid my desire to drive the track is not great enough to figure out what cars work and what cars need modification then what the modification should be...

Bit of a last chance question but has anybody ever updated the road mesh of the Lausitzring?

Maybe for their private league races or so?

The last track update by the TM guys really made the track look lovely, but it's bumpy AF and thus not fun at all imho.
The real racetrack is still much uneven than that of Tmm! Believe me. The track was built on a former open pit, there are different laws.

been working on it, but one question... why does it seem that the skids have a shadow? Did not put any of the skid materials into both puddles and soaking

View attachment 1013056

edit: dumb me, active was set on 0 on the config files

also noticed that lights do not work even though from the ext files seems they should...

View attachment 1013057
Look at your first edit... ;)

BLM Lights has disabled the lights. Take a look into ext_config.ini.blm. :)
Thats the reason, I disabled BLM Lights for a long time now, unfortunately, I have always liked the app very much.

Lights are working fine when enabling them again, though the config could for sure improved here and there. Config is from October 2019 and CSP has taken a long way since that time. :)
upload_2021-5-25_10-17-16.png

Look at your first edit... ;)

BLM Lights has disabled the lights. Take a look into ext_config.ini.blm. :)
Thats the reason, I disabled BLM Lights for a long time now, unfortunately, I have always liked the app very much.

Lights are working fine when enabling them again, though the config could for sure improved here and there. Config is from October 2019 and CSP has taken a long way since that time. :)
View attachment 1013058
definitely, don't know why ac at night has this weird overbright tyres and textures in general. But i'll spend some time on it

Welcome to the club, my friend. :cheers:
i tried damn knows how many times at different turn in points and speeds but the rss and the track never give me this clearance they make, much less an overtake side by side in it ;) I think the harpin angle /width or the car turn in ability is NQR. and the AI sure do love to have a smash em and carsh em in there ;)

Oddly enough older cars no problem, AMS2 with the Forumla Reiza no problem, and RF2 with the Formula NA no issue either.. just this combo in AC defeats and taunts me. (in AMS2 I actually did manage an overtake in the hairpin fwiw)

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...ris-napping-at-the-hairpin.6060939235001.html

Last edited:
i tried damn knows how many times at different turn in points and speeds but the rss and the track never give me this clearance they make, much less an overtake side by side in it ;) I think the harpin angle /width or the car turn in ability is NQR. and the AI sure do love to have a smash em and carsh em in there ;)

Oddly enough older cars no problem, AMS2 with the Forumla Reiza no problem, and RF2 with the Formula NA no issue either.. just this combo in AC defeats and taunts me. (in AMS2 I actually did manage an overtake in the hairpin fwiw)

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...ris-napping-at-the-hairpin.6060939235001.html
You could use this method (as long as you have a handbrake at your disposal):

Last edited:
For me it's quite the opposite, I can barely see anything at night even with track lights at 200%...
Edit: still had the _Sol_neutral_colour_linear PP filter on, with normal _Sol it looks fine
I'm tired about AC lighting, I can't find a ppf that works well for me on all circuits, I have to use two or three different ones for different types of tracks.
Save the lighting and schedule settings, and then remind myself which ppf to use on each track.

I think I'm going to directly disable ppf and install reshade.

For some reason I have better visuals with ppf turned off, although if there are more jagged edges and some colors look exaggerated.

Last edited:
I'm tired about AC lighting, I can't find a ppf that works well for me on all circuits, I have to use two or three different ones for different types of tracks.
Save the lighting and schedule settings, and then remind myself which ppf to use on each track.

I think I'm going to directly disable ppf and install reshade.

For some reason I have better visuals with ppf turned off, although if there are more jagged edges and some colors look exaggerated.
Have you tried mine? https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/solstice.25136/
It works on all properly made tracks. I'm also currently tweaking it for CSP 1.75 & Sol 2.1. The update will come soon.

Can someone please upload the default AC ppfilters? That would save me from a Steam´s file check.
Don´t ask me why or how but I´ve deleted those filters :ouch::banghead:...

An extension config will only cover up some of the deficiencies, I've now completely reworked the visuals of over 1,000 cars in my collection and I would estimate that 90% at least, needed full extraction and significant material/texture/shader changes and quite often, 3D model changes to get to a reasonable level. So while adding a config will be a decent improvement on some mods, it won't help much with a lot of them.

While this may solve the issue presented, it's really not good general advice... Exterior glass should always have a set fresnel value, I use fresnelC: 0.1 / fresnelEXP: 2.5 / fresnelMaxLevel: 0.6 as otherwise the glass will have no reflective quality and in many cases, won't even be visible. To solve bad exterior glass you need to make sure it has the correct shader type (ksPerPixelReflection), it's set to transparent and that the texture and shader properties are set correctly and alphablended (copy a texture and shader preset from a Kunos car if in doubt). This will solve 95% of cases and in the other 5%, it'll be down to problems in the model itself which then need fixing in your 3D editing program of choice.

Here is what I am working with. It is the URD PX1 Aura

Attachments

• Screenshot_urd_px1_aura_lilski_road_america_25-5-121-7-26-54.jpg
    Screenshot_urd_px1_aura_lilski_road_america_25-5-121-7-26-54.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 48

I changed the steer ratio of the formulas of RSS for Monaco and the AI make the hairpin fine.

Try changing the steer ratio on the car.ini to: STEER_RATIO=9.5

Hey guys :)
Does anyone know if there's a good version of the Dubai Autodrome floating around somewhere? The one on RD is...fine, but especially the "bowls" are fairly inaccurate.

Does anyone know where to get the normal version of COTA's track map icon thing? This one does not look like the others & im not a fan of this style so i prefer the normal Kunos style.
upload_2021-5-25_20-4-39.png

Same thing with the China GP track.
upload_2021-5-25_20-7-59.png

Last edited:
Anyone know how can I limit power in different gears on internal combustion engines?
Is it in the gear_start.lut?

I know you can limit it with the electric motors in kers_gear.lut, but what about combustion engines?

Ferrari 212 Export Vignale Spyder -- STEERING RATIO about double what it should be.

I finally had a chance to test this car. Very nice model and the suspension feels great. However, a 45-degree turn shouldn't require turning the wheel 90-120 degrees. There's no way the real car could require turning the wheel this much--I've driven a few vintage cars IRL. I'm driving with a wheel that's similar in size (and style) to the real car. I don't experience this with other similar mods.

I couldn't find the original post about this release to reply or quote it--searched several times.

preview.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back