Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,826 comments
@Fanapryde don´t know to whom this to address to, so please excuse if wrong, but is there a chance RT could release Most2019 also without the chicane as an additional layout and also have a look onto the ugly cars beeing placed next to the start/finish straight on the grandstand? Seems this was meant to be like an advert for Skoda in real life but currently it looks rubbish.

Thanks!

You could hide them cars via config if you really are so offended by them

Peter recommends setting the reflections rendering frequency here to 2 faces per frame to avoid massive FPS loss with Sol 2.1
(In ...CM/Assetto Corsa/Video settings)

View attachment 1013136
The thing is that im not having significant frame losses and the problem started before updating to sol 2.1

I will try that for sure anyway

Did you try this?

Had not tried that but my acs.exe is not listed in there so assuming thats not the issue

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume you use a single monitor (not vr or triple). In that case, it seems to me that the best option is to use 2d SOL clouds, which have a good quality-FPS ratio. ILJA's default clouds are not bad at all and are less demanding on the PC, but you will miss out on all the good lighting features of SOL. To me, the truth, the 3d clouds of SOL do not finish convincing me. Although I must clarify that I have not yet installed SOL 2.1. In any case, 3d clouds do have a point in their favor and that is that they are reflected in the bodies of the cars, which makes them very good for taking pictures or videos (2d clouds are not reflected). Bottom line: for running, I use 2d SOL clouds. To watch replays, videos, and photos, I use SOL 3d clouds.

Thanks for your reply. I use Sol 2.0.2 too just to clarify. I just tested it and i seem to get a smoother gameplay (higher fps at the same time) when i use sol 3d clouds for some reason?????? You are right by saying sol clouds are not convincing because they do look like glorified 2d clouds :D. I liked the looks of Ilja's tweaked clouds so i will be using that. Again, thanks for your help!

That Zhuhai by SGAN Studios is just a complete copy of @VheEth 's 0.6 from what I can tell? :confused:

I haven't tried that track yet but i have searched the internet and couldn't find VheEth version. So i gave up looking for it 3 months ago :D. @VheEth Can you publish a link of your Zhuhai please? :bowdown:

Edit: Sorry to the admins for posting twice i don't know how to quote 2 posts in one single post :boggled:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is what I am working with. It is the URD PX1 Aura

I'm not sure of the exact issue, but looking at the car in the CM showroom, it looks like that's just the way the model is, there are a few different parts on each window so I guess you either need to accept the way they are or edit the model/hide them with a config.

Thanks for your reply. I use Sol 2.0.2 too just to clarify. I just tested it and i seem to get a smoother gameplay (higher fps at the same time) when i use sol 3d clouds for some reason?????? You are right by saying sol clouds are not convincing because they do look like glorified 2d clouds :D. I liked the looks of Ilja's tweaked clouds so i will be using that. Again, thanks for your help!

I haven't tried that track yet but i have searched the internet and couldn't find VheEth version. So i gave up looking for it 3 months ago :D. @VheEth Can you publish a link of your Zhuhai please? :bowdown:

Edit: Sorry to the admins for posting twice i don't know how to quote 2 posts in one single post :boggled:.
You just hit the +quote button for all the posts you want to reply to and them add them with one click on "insert quotes".

Last edited:
After making the ai line for acp town I have learned how to make the ai work in the other acp maps, I will surely make one for each one, although it still takes time, this steals more free time than I thought, just make one line of functional pit it took me a few hours hahahaha

I also think it would be possible to make a traffic line, with cars in two directions, but the circuit is too big to do that without spam traffic, only with ai lines it is possible, but I don't think it will create the traffic effect.

Last edited:
Questios about aero modification:
I would like to make the URD Rebellion with adjustable front splitters, like the one from the Ginetta of VRC.
We are obliged to make an animation or not?

Does anyone have experience with the BLM Lights app. In the version of Yas Marina posted by Fanapryde a few pages back the lighting at night is really dim and only works well when I put the track lights at 200% using the BLM Lights app.

Is there a way to make that setting a default? Doing it every time resets the weather for some reason and makes the car lights really dim as well. Does the BLM app make a separate config? If anyone can shed some light on this it will be really helpful.

Can you post a screenshot of the dim lights? I believe that version might be using my config, which has the lights set to "slow heating", meaning it takes a minute or two to get them up to full brightness; this is meant for the day to night transition so if you´re starting out at night you just have to wait a moment to get them going.
Also, yes blm makes a separate config and i think it overrides the default one so saving that should set them to whatever you like.

Can you post a screenshot of the dim lights? I believe that version might be using my config, which has the lights set to "slow heating", meaning it takes a minute or two to get them up to full brightness; this is meant for the day to night transition so if you´re starting out at night you just have to wait a moment to get them going.
Also, yes blm makes a separate config and i think it overrides the default one so saving that should set them to whatever you like.
I had a similar, but different version of the track and the lighting was fine, but when I tried this recently posted version, I had the same dimness issue with the lights, didn't matter how long I waited, they were just so dim, but I noticed the difference was the light multiplier or something that was 0.3 instead of the original 0.9, so once I changed it back to that, lighting was fine.

Last edited:
I'm not sure of the exact issue, but looking at the car in the CM showroom, it looks like that's just the way the model is, there are a few different parts on each window so I guess you either need to accept the way they are or edit the model/hide them with a config.

You cant see out the side windows because it is black. It is selected as translucent and it still does not show outside.

Trying to make the refraction better on the countach but i get this weird bug.
The refractions on the lamps only work when i push it the refraction entity slide. But without pushing it the lamps are all black here's a example.
Before
2021.05.25-19.06.png

After
2021.05.25-19.07.png

You just hit the +quote button for all the posts you want to reply to and them add them with one click on "insert quotes".

Thank you 👍

That Zhuhai by SGAN Studios is just a complete copy of @VheEth 's 0.6 from what I can tell? :confused:

It says "mod edited by SGAN". You have probably noticed that but isn't editing a mod unallowed without giving credits?

Last edited:
Guys just a quick question: can you point me in the right direction on how to create a light config for tracks for some night activities, please? Any tutorial or guide, please?. I want to add lights to a track but I don't know how to do...:confused:

Anyone please?

Thank you 👍

It says "mod edited by SGAN". You have probably noticed that but isn't editing a mod unallowed without giving credits?
At first glance it appeared identical to @VheEth 's 0.6 release. I have looked again and all they have done is change some UI information and added a Renault themed? skin.

"You have probably noticed that but isn't editing a mod unallowed without giving credits?"
I'm assuming you mean is it frowned upon without credits, then usually it is yeah. No credits for @VheEth at all, readme.txt removed which included all credits and updates and also outstanding issues. I personally don't care who edits anything I have done, but it would be nice if credits were kept. This was mainly VheEth's work, I helped with optimisation. A lot of people have notice that he has not provided updates for quite a while and links are not working. I'm not saying this is why, but maybe SGAN have contributed to that? Pathetic really to be honest, a skin release would have been more than enough it seems. Of-course it's all a grey area anyway so it's just pissing in the wind effectively :dunce:

EDIT:

A link to the original 0.6 version of the track, obviously without the Renault skin from above:

https://anonfiles.com/J7v9F671p1/zhuhai_beta_06_rar

Last edited:
At first glance it appeared identical to @VheEth 's 0.6 release. I have looked again and all they have done is change some UI information and added a Renault themed? skin.

"You have probably noticed that but isn't editing a mod unallowed without giving credits?"
I'm assuming you mean is it frowned upon without credits, then usually it is yeah. No credits for @VheEth at all, readme.txt removed which included all credits and updates and also outstanding issues. I personally don't care who edits anything I have done, but it would be nice if credits were kept. This was mainly VheEth's work, I helped with optimisation. A lot of people have notice that he has not provided updates for quite a while and links are not working. I'm not saying this is why, but maybe SGAN have contributed to that? Pathetic really to be honest, a skin release would have been more than enough it seems. Of-course it's all a grey area anyway so it's just pissing in the wind effectively :dunce:

EDIT:

A link to the original 0.6 version of the track, obviously without the Renault skin from above:

https://anonfiles.com/J7v9F671p1/zhuhai_beta_06_rar

Thanks a lot man! Shame this project stayed at beta state. Well we will have to ask VheEth for SGAN's contributions but still as you say it, pathetic behaviour from them if they didn't contribute. Still though thanks for sharing it 👍.

Last edited:
for the Nvidia DOF thingamajoozit that gives you runtime DOF that looks like so

upload_2021-5-26_7-37-20.png

upload_2021-5-26_7-37-20.png

Hit ALT+F3 (does not work in fullscreen modes FYI) and use these settings (its kinda subtle but for me makes a nice realism to the tracks.) Tweak setting depending on your screen configuration, this works from me on triples great, but in single screen mode its a bit strong. the settings will be remembered at game launch.

upload_2021-5-26_7-40-9.png

Last edited:

In that case, I think it's working as you intended. I was actually trying to recreate the f1 race so I wanted the full night lights to switch on instantly rather than transitioning. Are there any changes I could do to override the slow heating function?

In that case, I think it's working as you intended. I was actually trying to recreate the f1 race so I wanted the full night lights to switch on instantly rather than transitioning. Are there any changes I could do to override the slow heating function?

you could open the config and replace every light that has the condition "night_somthing_heating" (I forgot what it's called) with night smooth or something else, or just wait a minute while you setup your car lol

you could open the config and replace every light that has the condition "night_somthing_heating" (I forgot what it's called) with night smooth or something else, or just wait a minute while you setup your car lol

Well I fixed it, I replaced NIGHT_SHARP_SLOW_HEATING with NIGHT_SMOOTH (got the reference from the ACU COTA config which was I think made by you as well) and it fixed it.

umb
Hi dears,
last weekend we had italian GT series at Pergusa.
the track is really amazing but version available for AC is very outdated.
Somebody have created a new updated version of this track?
thx in advance

check on board video of 488 last Sunday at Pergusa

We NEED this! the current mod is a convert from simbin creation as far as im aware

I would appreciate the files to fix it

Ill have to have a look at the files for it, as i was stuffing around with the hybrid deployment values in the data long time ago for comparison testing. pm and ill send the file over in next couple of days.

Your incorrect, URD didnt update the door window mesh levels correctly when releasing, so when you use csp you get that colour issue. the only way to fix it was to edit the car in kseditor to fix the window issue, which i had already sought assistance for, hence why i am offering my fixed car folder to him.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back