Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,755 comments
Oooh. And just wait until the CSP 'mod worskshop' thing is added. Then everything will start becoming 'pay for play'. Mark my words. :indiff:

Kunos made AC to be open for modding, but surely there is small print when it comes to someone making actually £8000 a month from patreon for CSP.

Don't games always have that thing at the start that says even using them in public for financial gain is frowned upon?
For example if i started up a sim shop with 4 rigs and charging people £5 for 15 mins and was using rfactor 2, i have to get a license for that right?

I said a while back that the devs were no longer Kunos, its like basically a new game much the same as AMS1 was when they paid to use rfactor base.

Also like blackcelica mentioned, once people see that 5000 folks downloaded something, anything, even a skin, its hard to not think "well if i'd charge £1 for that i'd have £5000 quid"
I can see why people want to make money, i just don't like when i hear that they have done it by ripping stuff from somewhere else...

Having to pay for someone time illegally ripping mods isn't in my view and fair excuse...

Also like blackcelica mentioned, once people see that 5000 folks downloaded something, anything, even a skin, its hard to not think "well if i'd charge £1 for that i'd have £5000 quid"
That calculation was fundamentally flawed though.
5,000 free downloads does not mean that 5,000 people would pay for it if it was hidden behind a paywall. It would be a tiny fraction of that amount.

Heineken GP de Portugal
AUTODROMO INTERNATIONAL DO ALGARVE, PORTIMAO
FINAL VERSION

*** FIRST OF ALL, YOU MUST REMOVE ALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF TRACK BEFORE INSTALLING THIS LAST VERSION ***
YOU CANNOT COPY OVER THE TOP OF OLD ONE.

This is about as far as we can go with this track, so on behalf of @marc_13000 and myself @Blackcelica we hope you enjoy.

START FINISH STRAIGHT LIGHTS Re-Positioned
View attachment 1008872

NEW ELECTRONIC DISPLAY, PIT ENTRY
View attachment 1008873

DETAILED PIT LANE
View attachment 1008874

NEW ROLEX BRIDGE ADDED
View attachment 1008875

2X DRS ZONES with MARKERS ADDED (trigger point shown by car positions)
View attachment 1008876
View attachment 1008877

ROLEX TOWER ROOF ANTENNA ADDED
View attachment 1008878

HEINEKEN FLOOR SPONSOR
View attachment 1008879

P-ZERO FLOOR LOGO ADDED
View attachment 1008880

NEW CRISP CLEAN TEXTURES, NEW CURBS,
View attachment 1008881

CROWD ADDED BACK IN TO CHEER YOU ON
View attachment 1008882

RAIN FX ADDED (For those who have correct CSP Preview)
View attachment 1008883

SPONSORS AS CLOSE TO REAL LIFE AS POSSIBLE
View attachment 1008884

NOW THE IMPORTANT BITS.......THE LINK
https://www.mediafire.com/file/d8msi0idq3pfmjs/Portimao+FINAL+EDITION+Track+&+Skin.rar/file

I would also like to thank @marc_13000 for his outstanding work and patience in adding bits in, we were still in talks at 2am over this track, kids nearly didn't make it to school today.

KNOWN ISSUES.

ROLEX Building roof antenna....... NOW FIXED
SCENERY GLITCH....... NOW FIXED
VAO PATCH.........NOW FIXED
IN WITH THE FIXES WERE SOME ADDITIONAL VISUAL UPGRADES TO FLOOR LOGOS, TRUCKS AND GRANDSTAND LOGOS.

Can I get a working link?

Vålerbanen STCC

The Vålerbanen STCC track announced for Raceroom exists for AC, here is the link I found in a Youtube video
but an update for 2021 would definitely help I imagine !!!! patch vao, extension, grassFX, road textures ....
this circuit would be useful for STCC custom championships in the Content Manager with Anderstorp, Knutstorp Ring, Mantorp, Sveg, Gothenburg ...

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
Vålerbanen STCC

View attachment 1013731

View attachment 1013732

View attachment 1013733

The Vålerbanen STCC track announced for Raceroom exists for AC, here is the link I found in a Youtube video :

DOWNLOAD

but an update for 2021 would definitely help I imagine !!!! patch vao, extension, grassFX, road textures ....
this circuit would be useful for tDCS championships in the Content Manager with Anderstorp, Knutstorp Ring, Mantorp, Sveg ...

Yeah, i've asked around but no luck except the one Legion did some stuff on for me. Still old versions of the track with the wrong layout.

bgr00.jpg

Autódromo Internacional de Curitiba - Version 2.0

CHANGELOG 2.0
- Fixed materials, textures and objects
- Replaced and added some objects on the track
- Trees reworked from scratch
- Added animated objects
- Starting lights working
- Updated the VAO file
- Configuration file updated
- Added Rain FX
- Fixed track positioning based on geotag
- Added UI file
- Updated previews and track maps

DOWNLOAD
https://www.mediafire.com/file/m2uya5wnos3vln9/vhe_curitiba_2.0.rar/file

Me again.

Camaro skin done and off the list. Couple of surface areas in the texture map like the rear bumper and one of the front quarter panels are a little awkward to work with in the updated model having some warping and a couple pixels of misalignment. Another one down though, just waiting on the remaining updates to make their way through.

Screenshot_gt4_camaro_maple_valley_fm7_29-4-121-2-7-13.jpg

Screenshot_gt4_camaro_maple_valley_fm7_29-4-121-2-1-14.jpg

Features original graphic design and all crew/driver suits textured, as is the standard I like to reach for.

Attachments

• Screenshot_gt4_camaro_maple_valley_fm7_29-4-121-2-5-40.jpg
    Screenshot_gt4_camaro_maple_valley_fm7_29-4-121-2-5-40.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_gt4_camaro_maple_valley_fm7_29-4-121-2-3-58.jpg
    Screenshot_gt4_camaro_maple_valley_fm7_29-4-121-2-3-58.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_gt4_camaro_maple_valley_fm7_29-4-121-2-2-46.jpg
    Screenshot_gt4_camaro_maple_valley_fm7_29-4-121-2-2-46.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 14
This part surprises me - the AI in Forza is clearly better if you play with advanced drivatars...

The AI in Forza is the number 1 reason why I left that franchise behind, if you think it's clearly better than AC then we have such differing views as to what we each look for in a good offline race that there's no point in further discussion.

I don't know how now, but when a few months ago I played Avtomobilist 2, the bots were very careful there, trying to avoid collisions as much as possible.
Cons of bots ac.
1. the nearest bot in front of you, arranges constant break tests.
2. the nearest bot behind you, arranges constant dive bombs.
3. bots do not like when their trajectories are crossed when overtaking, bots immediately rush in front of you (or directly at you).
4.bots are very bad at taking turns in parallel with you, if a bot goes inside a turn, it will definitely fly out, right into you))
and yes, I am not a hater ac, ac is my all-time favorite sim.
described the disadvantages based on my personal experience (the complexity of the bots is 100% aggression 100%) I run 99% of the time with bots in ac, I'm already used to it, and when you know all the habits of bots, I learned to avoid contact with them, but this does not mean that bots are in ac normal, no ...
sorry for my bad english.

AC's AI I feel like if you are close to them they start doing weird things like trying to out brake you when you try to lap them in a faster car. They also have inconsistent awareness of your presence in that I've seen them sometimes leave you room when you are side by side with them, but other time they will turn in on you or spin you out if they never yield the corner. And yeah the brake checking in weird spots are annoying as well. Following an AI into Porsche Curve at Le Mans is like throwing a dice to see if you can make it out the other side...

The AI are certainly not without fault but there's a couple of points that get my attention in each of your statements:

- Brake checking mid corner/random swerving/not leaving you space - I've done a short 5 lap test race on all 600 odd tracks in my collection using KS GT3 cars and these were only an issue on tracks with poor AI lines/hints/side lines. I've not done enough testing with mod cars to know how AI setup for them can impact these things but I suspect a significant amount of these mentioned problems come from improperly setup AI in the car/track choice.

- AI Aggression - I haven't done enough testing to really say this with much conviction, but I'm pretty sure that set at 100%, this simply puts the AI right on the edge of their driving limit, meaning you're far more likely to see stupid overtake attempts, inconsistency in leaving space and other anomalies (it will also highlight any AI line/side line/hint problems for a track). In my races, the AI are set from 40 up to about 80% depending on car/track combo and they tend to be more consistent as a result, I find it's mostly about trying to find a balance between a procession and reckless divebombing.

Closing statement, there's so much content, so many settings and additional factors such as user inputs (screen/vr or wheel/controller etc.) that it's almost impossible to get a fair comparison on what works or doesn't work for something like AI, so even if I disagree with some of the points presented, I'm happy enough to accept that experiences almost certainly differ from person to person.

Another thing, that blooming batmobile..... Could I have charged .50p for it as a paid mod? I think so, I'd be 2.5k richer if I did...

Thing is it's never that simple, first thing is the majority of those 5k downloads will be because it's free, I wouldn't have downloaded even 20% of the stuff on RD if it was all paid. Second as the converter of the car, I for example might've either demanded a share of the spoils or refused to give permission for such a venture, you'd have obviously been free to ignore any such request but then risk your reputation being tarnished. Then there's the risk that the original modeller of the car comes forward and demands a slice etc. etc.

It all looks quite simple when boiled down, I for example could create a Patreon that would put RTM/Geroda74 to shame overnight with my WIP list, but at the end of the day, it's not right to sell ripped content and it's not why I'm working on the game.

RainFX for example will never be free now. Somebody receiving €4000 plus a month for it is not going to give it away now for free and recieve €0 all of a sudden. Deep down we all know that. That's why I gladly give my €1 each month for any updates. Can't afford to start missing out in its development.

I suspect RainFX will be released for free when it's more stable, but it'll be something like an annual or half yearly stable release with the regular updates and new/evolving features being kept behind the paywall. As you say you can't afford to be left behind and I suspect most that donate will feel the same.

View attachment 1013741

Autódromo Internacional de Curitiba - Version 2.0

CHANGELOG 2.0
- Fixed materials, textures and objects
- Replaced and added some objects on the track
- Trees reworked from scratch
- Added animated objects
- Starting lights working
- Updated the VAO file
- Configuration file updated
- Added Rain FX
- Fixed track positioning based on geotag
- Added UI file
- Updated previews and track maps

DOWNLOAD
https://www.mediafire.com/file/m2uya5wnos3vln9/vhe_curitiba_2.0.rar/file

This track beats you to death. The road surface is so bumpy

This is the wrong thread for pics, at the moment it's the "let's go round in circles and discuss encryption again" thread.. You want this one for photos.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-assetto-corsa-photo-thread.290292/unread

Wrong thread. Unless you are refering to the upcomming or WIP mods...

We are not allowed to comment on anything to do with moderation here at GTP, but if we were, someone might suggest that these photodumps and blatant YouTube channel promotions will just keep appearing in this thread until moderators start deleting them as soon as they appear.
I'm speaking purely hypothetically, of course. A comment like this would never be allowed here and it'd be madness to even suggest it.
💡

upload_2021-5-29_12-10-45.png

You're all talking about it, yet no one reported it? Thanks for the heads up. 👍

is the best part about the AMS ports that come to AC, the Reiza crew put a lot of effort into getting a legitimate feel to the tracks. not just some smacked up RTB road mesh.

Have a watch at the suspension on the cars in the straights for example.

I was not saying it was not accurate or that it was bad. Just not fun to drive with how it bumps you all over the place.

I was not saying it was not accurate or that it was bad. Just not fun to drive with how it bumps you all over the place.
all good and understood, just I was really surprised on my Eastern Creek track day how bumpy the track really is compared to what we get in simracing. The cars we got to drive are "faux V8's" with softer suspensions and toned down ECU's obviously but even then it was quite jarring.

Its the one thing that made me think about buying a 6DOF platform.. except.. well.. the tracks (mostly) that we have in simracing dont have that fidelity so it would be a waste of time probably.

Cant wait for someone to bring RF2 Sebring to AC....

Last edited:
The AI in Forza is the number 1 reason why I left that franchise behind, if you think it's clearly better than AC then we have such differing views as to what we each look for in a good offline race that there's no point in further discussion.
Oh trust me, I don't like the Forza AI in its current implementation but it is a much better system. A neural network that learns from players rather than being based off of one AI file is a great idea. Of course that means it learns bad techniques, such as divebombing and deliberately using other cars to brake, but it does it in a way that feels like playing with randoms in an online race. If they took that tech and put it in a proper sim, and made the drivers follow general racing rules, it would be incredible.

This is very good. Still a bit unsure about how the legion one drives, worth digging into the data file maybe?
Its great right out of the box and funnily enough provided good AI racing oddly.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/formula-super-vee-uruguay-2021.42870/

Imagine me criticizing a mash up! Sublime hypocrisy neh?

The above car is a real mongrel made up of the Automobilista Formula Vee, an rFactor Formula Ford (as far as I can tell) also Automobilista, some scaling threw me off, the engine in the description not matching the one in the model and to top it all off the physics are minimally edited copypasta from the Skip Barber Formula 2000 Regional mod.

Not long for RD I'd say.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back