Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,790 comments
Sorry, my mistake. Fixed now
upload_2021-6-17_18-50-59.png

Its now saying this

Cheers to all.One question about CM settings back up.
I just copied AcTools Content Manager folder from user-appdata-name and noticed that folder inside AcTools Content Manager folder called Temporary is almost 1GB big!
Can I delete something from that folder?Thanks

Cheers to all.One question about CM settings back up.
I just copied AcTools Content Manager folder from user-appdata-name and noticed that folder inside AcTools Content Manager folder called Temporary is almost 1GB big!
Can I delete something from that folder?Thanks

I think it uses that folder for downloads and autodeletes stuff when it's done with it. might be wrong though

Hi guys,

here is my quick and dirty "real life" track skin for VRC California (Willow Springs). I won´t make further improvements here, feel free to add / improve it further.

Place the folder into the "vrc_california" folder and activate the skin in CM.

https://we.tl/t-E5ZQSkWMOP

Have fun.

Thanks for releasing this. I know it is not how you wanted to release it but it is much more authentic than what we currently have.

Captura.png

Most of the circuit I will focus only on the driver's view, but in the castle area I will try to make the best possible panoramic view, I am designing this entire area as close to reality as possible, the replay camera is going to be spectacular , obviously there are missing things wip

I'm hoping I can try this on the weekend :D

Guys I am not using 1.75 rain fx because of the shadows, now DDM willow on lower CSP's the road is very weird. I tried 1.75 and its perfect.
Question is, is there a dirty way to use lower CSP's on tracks that ask for the higher CSP?
Anything i can remove etc?
Really like the DDM Willow but until shadow issue is fixed i am not budging again CSP wise..

P.S. Cheers fallguy on the heads up for VRC willow and the wall.kn issue... now i can change that awful Gilles75 esk road with its repetitive black squiggles.

Last edited:
I normally hate posts like this, but please indulge me: is Terra's Magny-Cours 2019 considered the 'best' version of the many and varied Magny-Cours we have for AC?
It's not a track I've ever had a lot of affection for but I thought I should give it another shake. I added a RainFX config and a GrassFX config from previous posts here at GTP but some white lines, grid marks etc are a strange grey/blue colour for some reason.
Anyone else getting this?
Is there perhaps a complete download somewhere with everything fixed?

View attachment 1018032

There was a new version on RD - https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/magny-cours-2021.43284/
No idea what it is like, latest review isnt exactly great and dont know the user to know if its just some arse or its legit

Really sorry, I hope it’s ok now

It is fine now, thanks!

There was a new version on RD - https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/magny-cours-2021.43284/
No idea what it is like, latest review isnt exactly great and dont know the user to know if its just some arse or its legit

I just tried it out. It is fine but nothing to get excited about. It seems like it is legit and it is definitely not finished. I mean pit buildings, grand stands, vegetation, etc... I would use 4.4b version of Terra21's Magny-Cours if i was you. (Btw it says it is scratch-made so i would expect it to be improved over time. Not much after that though.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tried it out. It is fine but nothing to get excited about. It seems like it is legit and it is definitely not finished. I mean pit buildings, grand stands, vegetation, etc... I would use 4.4b version of Terra21's Magny-Cours if i was you. (Btw it says it is scratch-made so i would expect it to be improved over time. Not much after that though.)
Agreed. And not really well optimized either for such a 'bare' track.
No reason for me to keep it.

About Magny-Cours.
According to GutBomb's Volume 7 of the Assetto Corsa Multiple Track Mod Review Project, there is basic Terra21's version and two fixed versions.
So, is this the correct installation of versions with overwriting:
Terra21 -> @jk0011 -> @slider666?
That's what I have installed.

Last edited:
Hey guys, so i was looking for a good Bilster Berg. I was aware that there was a Fat-Alfie version but it was private or something (maybe someone leaked it so that is how people found out it existed?). So is there a complete version of this track? When i was searching for it, i came across some beta versions, nothing else though.

It seems to work pretty well. I have deleted the .ini in the extension/config/tracks/loaded (and the other one in tracks). I have kept the longer version of the GrassFx lines.
Hi! Thanks for the updates!
Sorry, but I didn't quite follow it... what do we, common users have to do to have the complete package with everything working (lights, rain, grass and possibly any animation that may exist)?

Let me tell you what I did and maybe I have done the right thing :D :
1 - Downloaded this file http://www.mediafire.com/file/n2au28q18p07zhn/magny_cours_fix4_3.7z/file
2 - Installed the track by drag and drop into CM;
3 - Dowloaded your ext_config.txt (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachments/ext_config-txt.1018041/);
4 - Created a new folder called extension inside assettocorsa\content\tracks\magny_cours
5 - Copied the ext_config.txt to the newly created folder extension and renamed it to ext_config.ini;
6 - Moved the file assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\magny_course__lights.kn5 to the root track folder;
7 - Deleted the file assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\magny_cours.ini;
8 - Deleted the file assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\magny_cours.ini

Cheers! :cheers:

Last edited:
Hi! Thanks for the updates!
Sorry, but I didn't quite follow it... what do we, common users have to do to have the complete package with everything working (lights, rain, grass and possibly any animation that may exist)?

Let me tell you what I did and maybe I have done the right thing :D :
1 - Downloaded this file http://www.mediafire.com/file/n2au28q18p07zhn/magny_cours_fix4_3.7z/file
2 - Installed the track by drag and drop into CM;
3 - Dowloaded your ext_config.txt (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachments/ext_config-txt.1018041/);
4 - Created a new folder called extension inside assettocorsa\content\tracks\magny_cours
5 - Copied the ext_config.txt to the newly created folder extension and renamed it to ext_config.ini;
6 - Moved the file assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\magny_course__lights.kn5 to the root track folder;
7 - Deleted the file assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\magny_cours.ini;
8 - Deleted the file assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\magny_cours.ini

Cheers! :cheers:

Maybe deleting the extension in tracks\loaded is a bad idea. The file magny_cours.ini in assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\ has around 850 lines with quite a few things while the extension file in point 3 has only rainfx and another thing.

Rather than deleting the extension files in assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\ just combine that and the one posted here (in point 3) and put it in an extension folder within the track folder itself along with the kn5 mentioned in point 6.

Last edited:
Thoughts on sim traxx? Grabbed a lot of tracks from them since they were free on the website, but the outlines for all of them are broken, some you can recover with cm, others not really.

GTPlanet Modding Team yet last I check this car was at 0.6 and was not worked by the GTP team.

New version looks better, interior and exterior, and the lods have been added. I dont know if the physic was changed, i cant test it.

It seems to be a pretty good mod. However, there might be an LOD problem, particularly with the back wing. I was watching a replay of some laps at Kyalami, and it kept disappearing and reappearing as the car passed by.

It seems to be a pretty good mod. However, there might be an LOD problem, particularly with the back wing. I was watching a replay of some laps at Kyalami, and it kept disappearing and reappearing as the car passed by.

the problem with the back wing is only in the black skin, with the green skin it doesnt disappearing and reappering.

I have an issue with a car up with skins that worked fine. Now for some reason it will not load a custom skin for the AI.
Nothing has changed (to my knowledge).
It will load a custom skin in game for the player car.
It won't load a custom skin in AC Showroom. Comes up error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".
It will load a custom skin in CM Showroom.

Has anyone come across this before?

Hey guys, so i was looking for a good Bilster Berg. I was aware that there was a Fat-Alfie version but it was private or something (maybe someone leaked it so that is how people found out it existed?). So is there a complete version of this track? When i was searching for it, i came across some beta versions, nothing else though.

The beta versions floating around were the last ones publicly available before the track was bought by the owners of the real track.
As far as I'm aware, the final version has never been leaked, but there is an unofficial version of Bilster Berg that is updated/modified with more layouts and such. Don't remember from where though (Legion, maybe?). Hopefully someone else can point you in the right direction!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back